Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 573 574 [575] 576 577 ... 778

Author Topic: Things that made you mildly upset today thread  (Read 855560 times)

Kagus

• Bay Watcher
  • Olive oil. Don't you?
    • View Profile
Re: Things that made you mildly upset today thread
« Reply #8610 on: February 04, 2021, 03:50:11 am »

Because I know I had you all on the edge of your seats. Turns out the lyrics are easy to understand when your mate doesn't have the hifi in full overdrive  :D. Impeccable description such very language.

My ex's dog used to react to the intro of this song by cocking his head inquisitively at every "O-oh".

Needless to say, I've heard it a few times.

methylatedspirit

• Bay Watcher
  • it/its
    • View Profile
« Reply #8611 on: February 09, 2021, 10:20:53 pm »

God, I had to take a double dose of my meds last night, and now I just feel... slow. It just feels like I've been robbed of my brainpower. Ugh.

Caz

• Bay Watcher
  • [PREFSTRING:comforting whirs]
    • View Profile
« Reply #8612 on: February 10, 2021, 05:07:49 am »

>_> are you supposed to do that? It seems like it would be unwise somehow.

King Zultan

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #8613 on: February 10, 2021, 05:42:29 am »

Why would you have to double up on your meds?
The Lawyer opens a briefcase. It's full of lemons, the justice fruit only lawyers may touch.
Make sure not to step on any errant blood stains before we find our LIFE EXTINGUSHER.
but anyway, if you'll excuse me, I need to commit sebbaku.
Quote from: Leodanny
Can I have the sword when you’re done?

methylatedspirit

• Bay Watcher
  • it/its
    • View Profile
« Reply #8614 on: February 10, 2021, 07:31:14 am »

>_> are you supposed to do that? It seems like it would be unwise somehow.

Eh, my shrink tells me that I'm allowed to do that if I'm really suffering. I see it as the SCRAM lever to my brain. Personally, I don't particularly like my meds, so I don't double my dose unless I have a damn good reason; only in cases in which I would prefer brain death to suffering any further. Speaking of which:

Why would you have to double up on your meds?

I was agonizing over something to such an extent that I couldn't think of anything else while I was trying to sleep. The only fucking thing I could think of was that. I had two choices: lay in bed in mental agony for hours on end, or practically kill myself just to get the pain to stop. I chose death over torture. I quite enjoy living, so that was a difficult, but necessary choice to make.

At least I have most of my brain back right now. It's just that the meds really do make me feel like I'm dying at double doses (I merely tolerate the regular dose, mind you), so I try my hardest to not use it if at all possible.

Foxite

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #8615 on: February 10, 2021, 10:40:24 am »

It's been snowing recently. Normally that would go in the happy thread, but a lot of it was powder snow, and apparently, the wind has been blowing it below my roof tiles.

Up until yesterday, I was stuck working on my laptop for several days, due to some logistical issues in getting back to my PC caused by the snow. So when I finally got back to my PC yesterday, I was quite happy, as pretty much everything about working on my laptop is less comfortable than working on my PC. More appropriate screen position, better chair, more mouse buttons, more powerful machine, everything.

Now that it's getting a little warmer, all of that snow under my roof tiles is melting, and now I'm seeing several drops of water per second coming out of the edge of my ceiling. Almost poetically, all of the water is coming in exactly where my computer screen is. So I have to disconnect everything and move it away from the wall, for fear of all of it being destroyed by a single drop of water. And just like that, I'm back to working on my laptop until the snow is gone.

My laptop is plenty capable of handling the tasks I give it, but my PC is just better at everything I need it to do. Hence, mildly upset.

Also, one of my posters got wet. Fortunately, after taking them all down and just placing them on the floor for a few hours, you can barely notice it was wet.
The best way to demonstrate it to him is take a save of 40 year old fortress with 150 dwarves in it on a good sized embark with a volcano that just breached the circus and install it on his gaming rig and watch it bring his rig to its knees.

TD1

• Bay Watcher
  • Childe Roland to the Dark Tower Came
    • View Profile
« Reply #8616 on: February 11, 2021, 04:12:40 am »

I shouted at someone (rare occurrence, in this case 1000000% justified) and I think it set my throat back a bit.

Two months of little-to-zero speech versus ten seconds of anger - which will win?  ::)
Life before death, strength before weakness, journey before destination
  TD1 has claimed the title of Penblessed the Endless Fountain of Epics!
Sigtext!
Poetry Thread

Rolan7

• Bay Watcher
  • [GUE'VESA][BONECARN]
    • View Profile
« Reply #8617 on: February 11, 2021, 10:53:16 am »

I've felt that too, even before covid19.  Fortunately not recently.  Going all out like that... really stresses the body.  My throat hurt for a couple of days, each time.
She/they
No justice: no peace.
Quote from: Fallen London, one Unthinkable Hope
This one didn't want to be who they was. On the Surface – it was a dull, unconsidered sadness. But everything changed. Which implied everything could change.

Caz

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #8618 on: February 11, 2021, 11:13:50 am »

yeah voice endurance is a thing I guess? I stopped singing for a long time then even one song would make me tired afterwards. not 'tired tired', but as in the voice wouldn't make the correct sounds easily.

Vector

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #8619 on: February 11, 2021, 03:15:15 pm »

I shouted at someone (rare occurrence, in this case 1000000% justified) and I think it set my throat back a bit.

Two months of little-to-zero speech versus ten seconds of anger - which will win?  ::)

I'm just happy that you can talk some again :)
"The question of the usefulness of poetry arises only in periods of its decline, while in periods of its flowering, no one doubts its total uselessness." - Boris Pasternak

nonbinary/genderfluid/genderqueer renegade mathematician and mafia subforum limpet. please avoid quoting me.

pronouns: prefer neutral ones, others are fine. height: 5'3".

TD1

• Bay Watcher
  • Childe Roland to the Dark Tower Came
    • View Profile
« Reply #8620 on: February 12, 2021, 06:41:07 am »

Thanks! So am I. So very, very happy.

I didn't speak a word for six weeks straight. It was... not good.

The shouting was a terrible idea though. I can speak a bit, but it comes and goes, so extra strain was not helpful.
Life before death, strength before weakness, journey before destination
  TD1 has claimed the title of Penblessed the Endless Fountain of Epics!
Sigtext!
Poetry Thread

scriver

• Bay Watcher
  • City streets ain't got much pity
    • View Profile
« Reply #8621 on: February 12, 2021, 06:57:34 am »

Congrats, dwarfious!
Love, scriver~

Caz

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #8622 on: February 12, 2021, 11:44:41 am »

Damn, what happened to your voice?

ChairmanPoo

• Bay Watcher
  • Send in the clowns
    • View Profile
« Reply #8623 on: February 12, 2021, 12:15:24 pm »

Damn, what happened to your voice?
He gave it up to a sea witch in exchange for legs
There's two kinds of performance reviews: the one you make they don't read, the one they make whilst they sharpen their daggers
Everyone sucks at everything. Until they don't. Not sucking is a product of time invested.

Caz

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #8624 on: February 12, 2021, 12:43:52 pm »

never. trust. the. sea. witch.
Pages: 1 ... 573 574 [575] 576 577 ... 778