Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 20 21 [22] 23 24 ... 778

Author Topic: Things that made you mildly upset today thread  (Read 855330 times)

TheBiggerFish

• Bay Watcher
  • Somewhere around here.
    • View Profile
Re: Things that made you mildly sad today thread: hot animals edition
« Reply #315 on: February 27, 2016, 12:57:54 pm »

Well, you have to pay more monies, I think, but yeah.
Sigtext

It has been determined that Trump is an average unladen swallow travelling northbound at his maximum sustainable speed of -3 Obama-cubits per second in the middle of a class 3 hurricane.

Aklyon

• Bay Watcher
  • Fate~
    • View Profile
« Reply #316 on: February 27, 2016, 01:00:31 pm »

A lot more if you take somewhat longer.
Crystalline (SG)
Sigtext
Quote from: RedKing
It's known as the Oppai-Kaiju effect. The islands of Japan generate a sort anti-gravity field, which allows breasts to behave as if in microgravity. It's also what allows Godzilla and friends to become 50 stories tall, and lets ninjas run up the side of a skyscraper.

Helgoland

• Bay Watcher
  • No man is an island.
    • View Profile
« Reply #317 on: February 27, 2016, 01:41:37 pm »

Still - just the knowledge that it's not the end of the world to go overtime can do a lot for you. Hell, if I had been under pressure to finish my BA in six semesters, I probably would've wrecked myself psychologically in second and third semester - but lo and behold, the way it went down I did manage to complete it in that timeframe.
The Bay12 postcard club
Arguably he's already a progressive, just one in the style of an enlightened Kaiser.
I'm going to do the smart thing here and disengage. This isn't a hill I paticularly care to die on.

TheBiggerFish

• Bay Watcher
  • Somewhere around here.
    • View Profile
« Reply #318 on: February 27, 2016, 06:29:30 pm »

Someone wire this man a monies.
Sigtext

It has been determined that Trump is an average unladen swallow travelling northbound at his maximum sustainable speed of -3 Obama-cubits per second in the middle of a class 3 hurricane.

Arx

• Bay Watcher
  • Iron within, iron without.
    • View Profile
    • Art!
« Reply #319 on: February 28, 2016, 11:57:08 am »

Dammit, my brother and his band need to get a move on and record some more of their stuff. I've got it stuck in my head but I can't listen to it!

I am on Discord as Arx#2415.
Hail to the mind of man! / Fire in the sky
I've been waiting for you / On this day we die.

Tiruin

• Bay Watcher
  • Life is too short for worries
    • View Profile
« Reply #320 on: February 29, 2016, 09:05:53 am »

I've posted about allergies and me coughing from dawn till dusk and even from out of bed to back-to-bed ._.
And it's been seemingly, gradually getting worse.
I woke up this morning with the smell(?) of something seawater-y in my throat and ugrhh. All the coughing. At least there's no phlegm but it's all white-ish. [Dry-ish/watery wheeze...medium to heavy coughing in sequence...]

Where are those molds so I can purge them by fire or alcohol and bleach. I just cleaned my living/bedroom a few weeks ago! x_X

Also bad internet connection, but that's become such a norm that posting about it feels like bleh :-\
But that's the sad bit--sads being a norm that I feel like they mustn't be posted about D:

Alsoalso: Mustn't has no redline under it o_O? First time I typed that out ever.
« Last Edit: February 29, 2016, 09:07:43 am by Tiruin »

itisnotlogical

• Bay Watcher
  • might be dat boi
    • View Profile
« Reply #321 on: February 29, 2016, 08:29:11 pm »

If I hear the phrase "academic peer-reviewed journal articles" one more time I am going to scream and tear my hair out. Among other things, it doesn't allow citation of experts recording their opinion in a non-academic setting, such as a web developer's personal blog, or professors of computer science speaking on YouTube. The plain simple fact is that the "academic peer-reviewed journal articles" I need haven't been written yet, and if they have then they're behind a paywall. Because learning is bought and sold in this country, not freely shared.

Fuck this stupid class. I am never going with this professor again, and I hope to Christ that I don't have to take any more communications classes.
« Last Edit: February 29, 2016, 08:32:46 pm by itisnotlogical »
This game is Curtain Fire Shooting Game.
Girls do their best now and are preparing. Please watch warmly until it is ready.

TheBiggerFish

• Bay Watcher
  • Somewhere around here.
    • View Profile
« Reply #322 on: February 29, 2016, 08:33:47 pm »

@itisnotlogical:I feel your pain, if for different reasons.  Cannot find articles on Pygmalion and Pygmalion.  Yes those are two different things.

@Tiruin:*applies (platonic) hugs, tea (because tea.)*
Sigtext

Cheesecake

• Bay Watcher
  • Hello.
    • View Profile
« Reply #323 on: March 01, 2016, 05:32:32 am »

snip

I feel you man :(

snip

*also applies tea*

As for my sads, I just failed my Accounting midterms and I have an Incomplete for my English. I gotta get at least 85 for all my grades in Finals 'cause I'm changing schools and if I mess this up I don't know what will happen.
I wish I could unwatch a thread because every time I look at this I can feel myself dying faster
Dying of laughter?
Dying of pure unbridled hatred, actually.

itisnotlogical

• Bay Watcher
  • might be dat boi
    • View Profile
« Reply #324 on: March 01, 2016, 06:16:16 am »

Alright, I'm officially very annoyed with Skyrim.

I updated Nexus Mod Manager. It asked me if I wanted to reinstall all of my mods. I clicked "no" and it started reinstalling all of my mods anyway, quite a few of which are weird manual-install-only things, stuff to make the vanilla outfits match some body replacements, and a few things that I'd customized myself from the default way they come.

Now Skyrim is telling me that some things are missing from my save game. No idea what, just that some apparently essential things are gone. Thanks NMM!

I vastly prefer the old days of modding games, where you had to install them by hand. I don't like this black box "Press a button and Skyrim is different now" style. I have no idea what is different about my game from the vanilla file structure, and no idea how to begin fixing it.
This game is Curtain Fire Shooting Game.
Girls do their best now and are preparing. Please watch warmly until it is ready.

Tiruin

• Bay Watcher
  • Life is too short for worries
    • View Profile
« Reply #325 on: March 01, 2016, 07:33:35 am »

@Tiruin:*applies (platonic) hugs, tea (because tea.)*
Hugs are implied to be platonic and non-creepy :P You don't need to add that bit in parentheses in context every hugtime.
*also applies tea*
Thanks you two c: (and everyone else).

To compound on that: It got worse! Chills and other things with my colon X_x + possible fever. (I can feel the headaches rolling)
I am officially sick! x_X

And it seems to be a commonality for some reason. School doctor marked me as the 5th he's seen today with colon-ish problems.

Grimlocke

• Bay Watcher
  • *kobold noises*
    • View Profile
« Reply #326 on: March 01, 2016, 08:17:13 am »

<Skyrim modding woes>

This is why Mod Organizer. Its the thing NMM should have been!

Basically it makes thing easier than manual installs, has full rollback support, but still is transparent about what bits go where and still lets you control them manually if you want/need to.

So uh, since you might be rebuilding your game soon anyway, you might want to consider it  :P

Also manual installs is still an option. I got up to 60-ish mod that way until a Skyrim patch hit me and everything went bonkers. (thanks for that btw, Steam)

<Woeful woes>

'Dodgy school cafeteria' comes to mind...
I make Grimlocke's History & Realism Mods. Its got poleaxes, sturdy joints and bloomeries. Now compatible with DF Revised!

TheBiggerFish

• Bay Watcher
  • Somewhere around here.
    • View Profile
« Reply #327 on: March 01, 2016, 03:39:33 pm »

@Tiruin:It's a thing now though.  ;v
Sigtext

Yoink

• Bay Watcher
  • OKAY, FINE.
    • View Profile
« Reply #328 on: March 03, 2016, 10:19:06 pm »

Uggghhhh I really, really want to just disappoint the shit out of everyone, cancel the rest of my trip and fly back home with all my luggage ASAP to lock myself in my hopelessly messy room and cry myself into a stupor. Truthfully I know that wouldn't really be better than what I'm doing now, but it just sounds so easy.

And then there's the idea that once I'm back home I can try and muster up the motivation to improve myself/my life.
If I think rationally it's clear that's just a pipe dream, but sometimes I fool myself into believing it might happen one day.   
Booze is Life for Yoink

To deprive him of Drink is to steal divinity from God.
you need to reconsider your life
If there's any cause worth dying for, it's memes.

hops

• Bay Watcher
  • Secretary of Antifa
    • View Profile
« Reply #329 on: March 04, 2016, 04:29:04 am »

I kind of wish I have at least a single thing about myself that I can be proud of without requiring vigorous mental gymnastics and denial.
she/her. (Pronouns vary over time.) The artist formerly known as Objective/Cinder.

One True Polycule with flame99 <3

Pages: 1 ... 20 21 [22] 23 24 ... 778