Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 334 335 [336] 337 338 ... 778

Author Topic: Things that made you mildly upset today thread  (Read 855459 times)

hector13

• Bay Watcher
  • It’s shite being Scottish
    • View Profile
Re: Things that made you mildly sad today thread
« Reply #5025 on: December 08, 2018, 10:43:21 pm »

Why is that a sad? No offense to the guy, but the boards are better with his loss, I feel. He was rather narrow-minded and arrogant.
Look, we need to raise a psychopath who will murder God, we have no time to be spending on cooking.

the way your fingertips plant meaningless soliloquies makes me think you are the true evil among us.

Egan_BW

• Bay Watcher
  • I wear many masks, none of them have names.
    • View Profile
« Reply #5026 on: December 08, 2018, 10:53:44 pm »

Wait, you guys have souls?

What’s that like?

It makes you actually laugh out loud at stale twitch chat memes that you've already seen ten thousand times before.
Also good for generating surreal imagery when you're sleep-deprived.

That's what mine does, at least. The demon in my femur says that's probably normal things for a soul to do.
This unit is known to the state of california to occasionally misuse technical language.

KittyTac

• Bay Watcher
  • Impending Catsplosion. [PREFSTRING:aloofness]
    • View Profile
« Reply #5027 on: December 08, 2018, 11:02:08 pm »

Why is that a sad? No offense to the guy, but the boards are better with his loss, I feel. He was rather narrow-minded and arrogant.
I agree, but every ban just makes me kind of sad, no matter who got banned.
Don't trust this toaster that much, it could be a villain in disguise.
Mostly phone-posting, sorry for any typos or autocorrect hijinks.

Hanslanda

• Bay Watcher
  • Baal's More Evil American Twin
    • View Profile
« Reply #5028 on: December 09, 2018, 06:52:02 am »

I agree, but every ban just makes me kind of sad, no matter who got banned.

This. Dat damn empathy yo
Well, we could put two and two together and write a book: "The Shit that Hans and Max Did: You Won't Believe This Shit."
He's fucking with us.

Yoink

• Bay Watcher
  • OKAY, FINE.
    • View Profile
« Reply #5029 on: December 09, 2018, 02:44:35 pm »

I went to a Doom Metal basement concert tonight, without earplugs. Girlfriend knew several of the band members (the Faroe Islands are not a big place), and wanted to be as close as possible to the stage to see them.

We stood directly in front of the big speaker.

I'm thinking of holding a small ceremony to honor the passing of my ears.
Dude, that's awesome! Both of those tracks were great, although Hamferd could really do without the dippy keyboards. Replace it with feedback or somethin'.
I'm definitely gonna check out more of Svartmalm (man, I miss my phone and its easy use of accents). This is excellent.

Don't mourn your ears just yet, depending on quite how fucked they are it should come good in a day or two. Just... don't be listening to loud noises in the meantime if you want it to heal quickly. Also maybe invest in some earplugs if such gigs are going to become a regular occurrence for you (which they totally should!).   
Booze is Life for Yoink

To deprive him of Drink is to steal divinity from God.
you need to reconsider your life
If there's any cause worth dying for, it's memes.

Kagus

• Bay Watcher
  • Olive oil. Don't you?
    • View Profile
« Reply #5030 on: December 09, 2018, 03:44:10 pm »

Yeah, I'm not a very experienced concert-goer, so I didn't even think about it until it was too late... Luckily I've got a habit of putting on my headphones and then completely forgetting what I was going to use them for, and then spending the next hour or two happily wearing a pair of noise-insulated headphones with absolutely nothing actually playing through them.

And yeah, Hamferd's keyboard usage is a little bit hit-and-miss depending on the track, but the keyboardist is a really nice guy so it'd be kind of a shame to boot him out. I was also rather pleasantly surprised by Svartmálm, even if their naming convention was just a teensy bit silly... The band's name literally translates to "black metal", and the members' stage names are "Famine, Pestilence, War, and Death". Original.

Going to a major Rammstein concert in Poland next year, and maaaybe also see Tool at Copenhell. I will endeavor to remember earplugs, even though my ears have never met an earplug willing to commit to a long-term relationship with them yet.

Yoink

• Bay Watcher
  • OKAY, FINE.
    • View Profile
« Reply #5031 on: December 10, 2018, 02:44:58 am »

No no no, I would actually advise not wearing earplugs at a Tool or Rammstein concert.
That way, with any luck, by the time the band finishes their first "song" or two your temporary hearing loss will have reached the point that you no longer have to endure the ghastly racket coming from the stage. :P   

...That is a pretty damn cheesy name, translated. Perhaps their music is mostly intended for export to clueless foreigners such as myself? 
Booze is Life for Yoink

wierd

• Bay Watcher
  • I like to eat small children.
    • View Profile
« Reply #5032 on: December 10, 2018, 02:45:58 am »

You know... I wonder how many throat lozenges the lead singer for Ramstein goes through in a tour...

Kagus

• Bay Watcher
  • Olive oil. Don't you?
    • View Profile
« Reply #5033 on: December 10, 2018, 04:05:56 am »

You know... I wonder how many throat lozenges the lead singer for Rammstein goes through in a tour...
At least it's counted in lozenges, and not surgeries as per Aerosmith.

Anyways, the fellow drilled a hole in his cheek so he could install a voice-activated flashlight inside his mouth... I'm not sure how lozenge-concerned he actually is.

Arx

• Bay Watcher
  • Iron within, iron without.
    • View Profile
    • Art!
« Reply #5034 on: December 10, 2018, 04:34:48 am »

...That is a pretty damn cheesy name, translated. Perhaps their music is mostly intended for export to clueless foreigners such as myself?

Rammstein? They're named after an aeroplane crash a bunch of people died in, IIRC, it's not about what the name means.

You know... I wonder how many throat lozenges the lead singer for Ramstein goes through in a tour...

Well-executed distorted vocals put little to no strain on your throat. There's quite a bit of technique involved.

I am on Discord as Arx#2415.
Hail to the mind of man! / Fire in the sky
I've been waiting for you / On this day we die.

Yoink

• Bay Watcher
  • OKAY, FINE.
    • View Profile
« Reply #5035 on: December 10, 2018, 04:43:01 am »

No, silly, Svartmálm. Whose name apparently means "black metal". Despite the fact that they don't play black metal... what a mindfuck.   
Booze is Life for Yoink

Doomblade187

• Bay Watcher
  • Requires music to get through the working day.
    • View Profile
« Reply #5036 on: December 10, 2018, 04:54:41 am »

No, silly, Svartmálm. Whose name apparently means "black metal". Despite the fact that they don't play black metal... what a mindfuck.   
I mean, from the bit I heard, they could pass as black metal, imo. Especially depending on the lyrics.

And hey, rammstein can make good music. Never heard them live though.

Edit: listened to Svartmálm a bit more, gotta recommend them to the local metal show. They're gonna love them.
« Last Edit: December 10, 2018, 04:57:32 am by Doomblade187 »
In any case it would be a battle of critical thinking and I refuse to fight an unarmed individual.
One mustn't stare into the pathos, lest one become Pathos.

Kagus

• Bay Watcher
  • Olive oil. Don't you?
    • View Profile
« Reply #5037 on: December 10, 2018, 06:04:46 am »

Never heard them live though.
You don't really go to a Rammstein concert to listen to them, though... Most of the members have backgrounds as roadies and stage operators for special effects, so they like to make live performances into as much of a hoohah as possible.

I mean, everybody knows about the penis cannons and the dildo mics, but they also put out some ridiculous pyrotechnics, light/laser shows, prosthetics, and whatever else they can think up. Supposedly, 2019's tour is going to be "the biggest production yet" with a convoy of I believe 16 trailer trucks used to haul everything around. It's a spectacle.

Like, you don't go to a GWAR concert because you prefer the live versions of their songs... You go to a GWAR concert to watch Oderus Urungus (may he reap in putrescence) bisect explosive politicians and shower the audience with their blood.

Svartmálm's vocalist is apparently "one of the best guitarists in the Faroese metal scene", according to my GF. I don't know much about the others, GF was too short to see them over the crowd and they all had hoodies and corpse paint on anyways, and looking the band up will only show you their stage names. Hamferđ's guitarist used to be one of her roommates, and the bassist (the one seen in this clip, not sure who the fellow playing in the church video is) was for all practical purposes another roommate, thanks to spending a great many nights passed out drunk on the sofa. Or, rather, "half on the sofa, half on the floor".

As she said, "I've seen most of these people drunk. Really drunk".

Hamferđ likes to play around with unusual beats/time signatures in their stuff, which can make it really tricky to headbang to if you're not familiar with their songs... As I learned the hard way. The song in the clip I just linked is called, I believe, "Ugly". Just putting that out there, because it's one of the few words I think I can make sense of.

I really only know one or two words in Faroese, but it has enough similarities with other Nordic languages that I can recognize what a lot of things are supposed to be when they're written down. The spoken component, however, is something that is absolutely in its own weird little category...

Icelandic and Faroese actually have sort of the same kind of relationship that Norwegian and Danish have: The written components are extremely similar, but the pronunciations are wildy different.

scriver

• Bay Watcher
  • City streets ain't got much pity
    • View Profile
« Reply #5038 on: December 10, 2018, 08:12:47 am »

"Malm" means more like ore than metal though
Love, scriver~

hector13

• Bay Watcher
  • It’s shite being Scottish
    • View Profile
« Reply #5039 on: December 10, 2018, 09:36:57 am »

So Malmo is actually where they make really nice cookies?
Look, we need to raise a psychopath who will murder God, we have no time to be spending on cooking.

the way your fingertips plant meaningless soliloquies makes me think you are the true evil among us.
Pages: 1 ... 334 335 [336] 337 338 ... 778