Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 6 7 [8] 9 10 ... 29

Author Topic: MINIMALIST MAGE RTD  (Read 77232 times)

PaPaj

• Bay Watcher
  • Crazed escaped dwarf from Alcatraz
    • View Profile
Re: MINIMALIST MAGE RTD
« Reply #105 on: July 07, 2017, 06:23:44 pm »

Teleport dogs inside of DotEcho
"Hey how are you doing? well im doing just fine,i lie i am dying inside" - [place data of this short song being made here] some girl with a guitar

NRDL

• Bay Watcher
  • I Actually Like Elves
    • View Profile
« Reply #106 on: July 08, 2017, 02:39:00 am »

Nice. Go conquer Russia. In the winter.

[6] Heading over to Russia, you literally melt all the snow with the energy caused by your teleportation. At least you don't have to worry about General Winter.

You are quickly found by Ivan the Terrible's diplomats, who tell you they've been sent to negotiate with the clearly all powerful being that's managed to completely upset the seasons. Not exactly conquering Russia, but you've certainly made waves.

Strengthen the reality against Eldritch Gods and Creatures of High Order. Because its MINE playground now.

[5] You do a marvellous job combining your natural magical aptitude along with Eldritch knowledge to strengthen the separations between the realms, specifically against Elder Gods and beings of the like.

It is now impossible for gods, higher order beings to traverse the realms, without either a massive sacrifice, diminishing their own power, or something else suitably cool.

"NEATO. REALITY WON'T BE EATEN THEN. GOOD JOB."

Create a soul vortex that draws to it the soul of anything in reality that dies and mulches them up so I can use the resulting soul paste as decoration.

[5] You create a giant blender and toss in a few Soul-Attract tablets. Like clockwork, the souls come flying out of the Spectral Woodwork, right into your blender. You pop on the cap and let it blend for a few hundred thousand years. When you take the lid off, you've got the perfect soul paste. Very tasteful colour.

try to incite a war between the surviving cats and dogs in order to cause chaos and worsen feline-canine relations
also defend myself in an appropriate manner from PaPaj

[1] The cats and dogs that have managed to survive their entry to Earth have realised you're the cause of all their problems, and are pissed.

You are swarmed by a tidal wave of united cats and dogs. [1] Your mage senses kick in, creating a telekinetic force field that keeps them at bay. There's just SO MANY of them though, that no matter how many you push back, there's still an army waiting to get at your throat.

Drop bag of coffee in store. Then go back to returning the surviving paramedic to his home.

You drop off the bag of Coffee, completing your mission, and repaying your debt.

The coffee is in the house!

[2] The paramedic is still gloomy, and reeling from all the supernatural chicanery going on around him ( or her? Can't remember the gender. Oh well. ) They still refuse your help, afraid of where exactly they might go and what state their body, mind and soul would be in by the end of it.

Start making coffee, serve it to those who pay(and give a free cup to zilzo).

You start the glorious coffee making process. Mmmmm, those beans smell good roasted! [4+1] Everyone in the Cafe is pretty much high right now just from the smell alone, and you have peasants going over giving you all their earthly goods in order to pay for a cup.

Arbitrary amount of $$$ gained. More importantly, the people here will practically do anything you say.

From one mage bro to another, you give Ziizo a free cup. Better love story than Twilight.

Appear in existence all of the sudden and begin summoning the Egyptian gods (Set is a good guy)

[4] Deciding to play your own hand, you start summoning of all things the Egyptian pantheon. In particular you decide to bring Set into the story.

Unfortunately, due to the newfound constraints with bringing Gods into this reality, Set has appeared, very flustered, in a depowered form. You're gonna need to siphon some energy, make a sacrifice, do SOMETHING to restore him to full godhood.

As I'm not entirely familiar with Egyptian gods, supply your own easy to understand lore and historical flavour.

GOD DAMN IT NRDL.
NRDL will roll a die and decide how sadistic and insane he's feeling well you do.

CABL

• Bay Watcher
  • Has a fetish for voring the rich
    • View Profile
« Reply #107 on: July 08, 2017, 02:49:38 am »

Since one turn has already passed, I gonna presume that I'm in Somalia right now...

Use my magic to give me fluency in Somali, then use my unrivaled charisma to create the biggest band of pirates in Somalia.
If the actions above are successful, conjure 10 military crates with laser assault rifles and electric shrapnel grenades, then give my mateys understanding of how to handle these weapons.
Pounded in the Butt by my own Government... oh wait, that's real life.

Much less active than I used to be on these forums, but I still visit them on occasion. Will probably resume my activity in full once Dwarf Fortress will be released on Steam.

dotEcho

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #108 on: July 08, 2017, 03:04:25 am »

Placate the pets with parental affection

Sarrak

• Bay Watcher
  • Venit leger cerebrum amissa
    • View Profile
« Reply #109 on: July 08, 2017, 03:30:50 am »

"I SMELL COFFEE. GOOD."

Go in the direction of delicious smell and order a giant cup of strawberry-flavored coffee.
Science is always important. But it needs more flaming cats. Can't we build bridge-based catapults and fling flaming cats at the dust and goo?

It's time for the ATHATH Death Counter to increase once more in celebration for the end of the world.

Xantalos

• Bay Watcher
  • Your Friendly Salvation
    • View Profile
« Reply #110 on: July 08, 2017, 04:34:26 am »

Excellent! Now upgrade the soul siphon so it also sucks out living souls.

And spirits too. Even the gods will not be safe from my soul grinder!
Sig! Onol
Quote from: BFEL
XANTALOS, THE KARATEBOMINATION
Quote from: Toaster
((The Xantalos Die: [1, 1, 1, 6, 6, 6]))

PaPaj

• Bay Watcher
  • Crazed escaped dwarf from Alcatraz
    • View Profile
« Reply #111 on: July 08, 2017, 04:42:40 am »

Try to get my dagger back into existance and make it invincible so nothing can destroy it,also make it so only i can send it anywhere
"Hey how are you doing? well im doing just fine,i lie i am dying inside" - [place data of this short song being made here] some girl with a guitar

ziizo

• Bay Watcher
  • Tired and Lazy
    • View Profile
« Reply #112 on: July 08, 2017, 05:24:27 am »

teleport the paramedic into his/her bed s/he will probably believe all was a dream specially if my plan to rescue his/her friend is successful.
GG, Ziizo. May my spirit live on in your boobs.

Smoke Mirrors

• Bay Watcher
  • Do I exist yet?
    • View Profile
« Reply #113 on: July 08, 2017, 06:47:34 am »

Summon a giant, hurricane level storm, with lightning and rains (Set is the Egyptian god of storms and power) and declare all killed by it sacrifices to Set and his brethren.
« Last Edit: July 08, 2017, 06:49:59 am by Smoke Mirrors »
Don't worry too much about the one mistake, Smoke Mirrors. Your character was memorable for all the demonology and story writing.

I’m running a game/mechanics test called Fate/Mechanics Test. Feel free to check it out.

Glass

• Bay Watcher
  • Also known as the Chroniqler
    • View Profile
« Reply #114 on: July 08, 2017, 08:26:54 am »

"Yessss, very good... I demand your complete surrender to me. While I will allow you to retain your autonomy in general circumstances, if I should ever demand that something is done, it shall be done. Am I clear?"
Quote from: FallacyOfUrist (on Discord, 11/15/21)
Glass is, as usual, correct.
Yep, as ever, I bestow upon Glass the expected +1
I'm gonna say we go with whatever Glass's idea is.

NRDL

• Bay Watcher
  • I Actually Like Elves
    • View Profile
« Reply #115 on: July 08, 2017, 07:27:01 pm »

Since one turn has already passed, I gonna presume that I'm in Somalia right now...

Use my magic to give me fluency in Somali, then use my unrivaled charisma to create the biggest band of pirates in Somalia.
If the actions above are successful, conjure 10 military crates with laser assault rifles and electric shrapnel grenades, then give my mateys understanding of how to handle these weapons.

[4] You pluck fluency of the Somalian language out of the minds of its populace, and use your newfound lingo mastery to attract a following of pirates. Not the largest band, but a damn big one, eager for you to fulfil your promises of plunder and power.

[1] Conjuring up 10 military crates from thin air, you make the mistake of summoning the shrapnel grenades already primed. They detonate inside the boxes, lacerating not just you, but the vast majority of your pirates. Several have died, you're a [1] away from dying, and the rest are furious.

Placate the pets with parental affection

The lack of bolding in your action displeases the almighty GM.

[6] You decide to unleash your parental mojo, working the puppy/kitten psyches of the various cats and dogs until they're all subservient to you again. Unfortunately, they've all gotten really clingy, having assumed you're their ACTUAL parent, as a result you're still being mobbed as much as before, only this time less lethally.

"I SMELL COFFEE. GOOD."

Go in the direction of delicious smell and order a giant cup of strawberry-flavored coffee.

[4] Coffeeeeeee. You must get a cup. Walking into the shop, you place an order for strawberry flavoured coffee.

You get a cup. It's VERY good. Unfortunately the strawberry preservatives dilute the purity of the Greatest Coffee Beans Ever a bit, but it's still damn good. How are you going to pay for it?

Excellent! Now upgrade the soul siphon so it also sucks out living souls.

And spirits too. Even the gods will not be safe from my soul grinder!

[5] You add a new setting to your blender, allowing it to siphon souls from other realms. Various sentient creatures from a multitude of realms end up being paste in your machine.

...Strangely though, gods and higher order spirits aren't showing up. It's as if there's something blocking passage between the planes for beings that are too powerful.

Try to get my dagger back into existance and make it invincible so nothing can destroy it,also make it so only i can send it anywhere

[3] Try as you might, you are only able to get the dagger back into your hands for mere flickers of time, before it fades out again. Turning the dagger into an unchangeable pillar of reality may require a bit more than just your magical power, and that's even if you can get it back next turn.

teleport the paramedic into his/her bed s/he will probably believe all was a dream specially if my plan to rescue his/her friend is successful.

[3] You teleport the paramedic into his/her bed, and they are still asleep. Time will tell if they recover from this trauma when they wake up. Right now, they're back home and not your problem at the moment.

Summon a giant, hurricane level storm, with lightning and rains (Set is the Egyptian god of storms and power) and declare all killed by it sacrifices to Set and his brethren.

[5] A giant hurricane appears out of nowhere and proceeds to wreck the town.

[2] FallacyofUrist's Coffee Shop gets fairly wrecked, although its magical nature prevents it from being completely fucked up.

The multitude of dead and dying in the streets all serve as fuel for set, restoring him to full power. As long as you can keep him on your side and ask him to do anything involving storms, lighting, rain, etc. Set can do reality warping for you without having to roll for it.

« Last Edit: July 08, 2017, 09:26:09 pm by NRDL »
GOD DAMN IT NRDL.
NRDL will roll a die and decide how sadistic and insane he's feeling well you do.

Xantalos

• Bay Watcher
  • Your Friendly Salvation
    • View Profile
« Reply #116 on: July 08, 2017, 07:29:07 pm »

Well that's just silly. Fashion myself a humanoid avatar out of some of this spare soulpaste I have lying around and use that to take the Total Annihilation Dagger and just cut out whatever barrier's impeding my progress.
Sig! Onol
Quote from: BFEL
XANTALOS, THE KARATEBOMINATION
Quote from: Toaster
((The Xantalos Die: [1, 1, 1, 6, 6, 6]))

Glass

• Bay Watcher
  • Also known as the Chroniqler
    • View Profile
« Reply #117 on: July 08, 2017, 07:37:09 pm »

"Yessss, very good... I demand your complete surrender to me. While I will allow you to retain your autonomy in general circumstances, if I should ever demand that something is done, it shall be done. Am I clear?"

EDIT: Set is a god of animals, though...
Quote from: FallacyOfUrist (on Discord, 11/15/21)
Glass is, as usual, correct.
Yep, as ever, I bestow upon Glass the expected +1
I'm gonna say we go with whatever Glass's idea is.

ziizo

• Bay Watcher
  • Tired and Lazy
    • View Profile
« Reply #118 on: July 08, 2017, 07:43:29 pm »

Stealthy teleport to whatever demonic realm Job came from is time to steal a soul back
GG, Ziizo. May my spirit live on in your boobs.

Sarrak

• Bay Watcher
  • Venit leger cerebrum amissa
    • View Profile
« Reply #119 on: July 08, 2017, 07:48:03 pm »

"NO ONE INTERRUPTS MY COFFEE BREAK."

Draw all the power back from Set and into the coffee shop, restoring it and making even grander.
Science is always important. But it needs more flaming cats. Can't we build bridge-based catapults and fling flaming cats at the dust and goo?

It's time for the ATHATH Death Counter to increase once more in celebration for the end of the world.
Pages: 1 ... 6 7 [8] 9 10 ... 29