Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 57 58 [59] 60 61 ... 81

Author Topic: Star Wars [Warning: Spoilers inside!]  (Read 97183 times)

Sirus

• Bay Watcher
  • Resident trucker/goddess/ex-president.
    • View Profile
Re: Star Wars [Warning: Spoilers inside!]
« Reply #870 on: April 12, 2019, 07:06:54 pm »

EDIT: To be clear, the teaser has the following things tha I find (hilariously?) awesome.
Spoiler: Actual spoilers (click to show/hide)

Quote from: Max White
And lo! Sirus did drive his mighty party truck unto Vegas, and it was good.

Star Wars: Age of Rebellion OOC Thread

Shadow of the Demon Lord - OOC Thread - IC Thread

Dunamisdeos

• Bay Watcher
  • Duggin was the hero we needed.
    • View Profile
« Reply #871 on: April 12, 2019, 07:12:08 pm »

OH GEEZ I fixed my spoiler tag lol.

I am looking forward to this though, a lot that could go right.
« Last Edit: April 12, 2019, 08:18:30 pm by Dunamisdeos »
FACT I: Post note art is best art.
FACT II: Dunamisdeos is a forum-certified wordsmith.
FACT III: "All life begins with Post-it notes and ends with Post-it notes. This is the truth! This is my belief!...At least for now."
FACT IV: SPEECHO THE TRUSTWORM IS YOUR FRIEND or BEHOLD: THE FRUIT ENGINE 3.0

Teneb

• Bay Watcher
  • (they/them) Penguin rebellion
    • View Profile
« Reply #872 on: April 12, 2019, 09:47:18 pm »

Spoiler: New Headcanon (click to show/hide)
Monstrous Manual: D&D in DF
Quote from: Tack
What if “slammed in the ass by dead philosophers” is actually the thing which will progress our culture to the next step?

Telgin

• Bay Watcher
  • Professional Programmer
    • View Profile
« Reply #873 on: April 12, 2019, 10:08:01 pm »

This trailer definitely has my attention, but I also agree with Dunamisdeos' earlier assertion that this could very easily be mishandled.

I'm also kind of surprised that they're explicitly labeling this as the end of the saga.  I know they'll probably continue to make side story movies afterward, but I'm surprised they weren't leaving themselves open to the possibility of Episodes 10-12.
Through pain, I find wisdom.

Teneb

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #874 on: April 12, 2019, 10:51:23 pm »

This trailer definitely has my attention, but I also agree with Dunamisdeos' earlier assertion that this could very easily be mishandled.

I'm also kind of surprised that they're explicitly labeling this as the end of the saga.  I know they'll probably continue to make side story movies afterward, but I'm surprised they weren't leaving themselves open to the possibility of Episodes 10-12.
I'm glad they are calling it the end. Even if the movies were perfect in every way, there's only so far you can take one particular story. Star Wars is a big universe, and having everything be about Skywalker is a waste.
What if “slammed in the ass by dead philosophers” is actually the thing which will progress our culture to the next step?

Madman198237

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #875 on: April 12, 2019, 11:36:29 pm »

I would hesitate to want the people who have done this trilogy to do anything more with Star Wars, abysmally handled as it has been.

We shall make the highest quality of quality quantities of soldiers with quantities of quality.

Egan_BW

• Bay Watcher
  • "Lest he be compelled to labor."
    • View Profile
« Reply #876 on: April 13, 2019, 12:38:26 am »

Light and dark is an arbitrary distinction, after all~
It is good to choose your battles. It is better to choose your wars.

Reelya

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #877 on: April 13, 2019, 12:49:09 am »

Before I get negative on it though, Lando is back, and Billy Dee is playing him. Woop woop!!!

I was pretty grumped out at Disney Star Warstm and was on the fence about seeing it, but bringing Lando back tips it over into the gonna-see category.

Kagus

• Bay Watcher
  • Olive oil. Don't you?
    • View Profile
« Reply #878 on: April 13, 2019, 04:11:37 am »

Doesn't necessarily have to be clones/resurrection or Sith wraith...

I mean, it looks like some ruins and relics are involved, so it's not entirely impossible that they're going to pull a holocron out of the galaxy's ass, and that it's just the imprint of Sidious laughing.

And yeah, Sidious was an ambitious little cunt, and he did say that he learned everything Plagueis had to teach... Could very well be that he decided to try his own hand at immaculate conception. Even though that kinda went against his philosophy, if I'm remembering correctly.

And I know it was a joke, but Snoke wasn't nearly paranoid enough to be Plagueis. Plagueis was a twitchy fucker before getting assassinated by his own pupil, I doubt the experience would have made him any more trusting.

ChairmanPoo

• Bay Watcher
  • Send in the clowns
    • View Profile
« Reply #879 on: April 13, 2019, 04:56:28 am »

And yeah, Sidious was an ambitious little cunt, and he did say that he learned everything Plagueis had to teach... Could very well be that he decided to try his own hand at immaculate conception.
He already did. A (canonical) SW comic unveiled that it was him that got Vader's mother pregnant in the first place.

On the other hand I dont think he really learned all of Plagueis' secrets, not least because  after the fight with Windu he actually tells Vader that although only Plagueis knew the secrets of life and death, he was sure that between the two of them they could figure it out.  AKA: the claims during "The Tragedy of Darth Plagueis" about his apprentice AKA him learning all of DP's secrets are basically a sales pitch, because when push comes to shove he admits that he wasn't the phenomenal student that he claimed to be and that he killed his master before  he could figure out how to cast "raise dead".
There's two kinds of performance reviews: the one you make they don't read, the one they make whilst they sharpen their daggers
Everyone sucks at everything. Until they don't. Not sucking is a product of time invested.

Rolan7

• Bay Watcher
  • [GUE'VESA][BONECARN]
    • View Profile
« Reply #880 on: April 13, 2019, 08:55:36 am »

I would hesitate to want the people who have done this trilogy to do anything more with Star Wars, abysmally handled as it has been.

Spoiler (click to show/hide)
The title is confusing, though.  I feel like they spent two movies establishing that this wasn't a Skywalker story anymore, what gives?  Does Kylo Ren come to his senses and take his mother's last name, as part of a redemption arc?  literally royalty, not to mention magic hero-general, just saying
She/they
No justice: no peace.
Quote from: Fallen London, one Unthinkable Hope
This one didn't want to be who they was. On the Surface – it was a dull, unconsidered sadness. But everything changed. Which implied everything could change.

Teneb

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #881 on: April 13, 2019, 09:04:14 am »

Spoiler (click to show/hide)

Urist McScoopbeard

• Bay Watcher
  • Damnit Scoopz!
    • View Profile
« Reply #882 on: April 13, 2019, 10:10:55 am »

Honestly, I do not want to see this movie. I really don't want anything to do with any new SW products any more.

Its so frustrating to see the direction the franchise has headed in. It's not even "playing it safe" bad, it's just bad bad.
This conversation is getting disturbing fast, disturbingly erotic.

Kagus

• Bay Watcher
  • Olive oil. Don't you?
    • View Profile
« Reply #883 on: April 13, 2019, 10:14:50 am »

I hate sand.

Dunamisdeos

• Bay Watcher
  • Duggin was the hero we needed.
    • View Profile
« Reply #884 on: April 13, 2019, 10:24:30 am »

I still feel that way, but am not yet far enough gone to rule out the possibility of seeing this if it looks good enough. It'll have to look really good for me to go see it in theaters.

Anyway there are lots of examples of Dark-side force ghosts in various side media. SW: The Old Republic, the MMO, has a plethora of them (though they are supposed to be comparatively rare to light-side ones).

Holocron is a distinct possibility. Probably as likely as a force ghost, really.
FACT I: Post note art is best art.
FACT II: Dunamisdeos is a forum-certified wordsmith.
FACT III: "All life begins with Post-it notes and ends with Post-it notes. This is the truth! This is my belief!...At least for now."
FACT IV: SPEECHO THE TRUSTWORM IS YOUR FRIEND or BEHOLD: THE FRUIT ENGINE 3.0
Pages: 1 ... 57 58 [59] 60 61 ... 81