Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 7 8 [9] 10 11 ... 47

Author Topic: Re: Minimalist Halloween Thing: Its dead Jim.  (Read 91047 times)

Doomblade187

• Bay Watcher
  • Requires music to get through the working day.
    • View Profile
Re: Minimalist Halloween Thing
« Reply #120 on: November 08, 2018, 07:55:01 pm »

JOIN FORCES WITH ANGERY, LEAD A WAR ON THE TOWN AND THE WORLD! SPARE KITROUGARD THOUGH.
In any case it would be a battle of critical thinking and I refuse to fight an unarmed individual.
One mustn't stare into the pathos, lest one become Pathos.

CABL

• Bay Watcher
  • Has a fetish for voring the rich
    • View Profile
« Reply #121 on: November 09, 2018, 11:14:53 am »

"Wait, CABL! Didn't you hear what KitRougard said? This is supposed to be Halloween. You're not supposed to fight on Halloween, that's what Thanksgiving is for!

Also, come on, you've seen how I live. There's not exactly much to kill here. Let's just put this aside and do some Trick or Treating, what do you say?"

"If you form a band with me, then I shall spare you, so we can rock together!"
Pounded in the Butt by my own Government... oh wait, that's real life.

Much less active than I used to be on these forums, but I still visit them on occasion. Will probably resume my activity in full once Dwarf Fortress will be released on Steam.

Enemy post

• Bay Watcher
  • Modder/GM
    • View Profile
« Reply #122 on: November 09, 2018, 01:36:18 pm »

"Sounds like a good idea to me!"
My mods and forum games.
Enemy post has claimed the title of Dragonsong the Harmonic of Melodious Exaltion!

King Zultan

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #123 on: November 09, 2018, 04:28:09 pm »

Turn would've happened sooner but I fell a sleep while working on it.

The people of the town are still panicking, some are trying to flee others are hiding in there homes.
The US National Guard is on the way it'll take them a bit to get here, and they're better armed than any police agency.
The priests have arrived, no one really know why their here.
Its October 31 11:30p.m.
Ama hasn't posted for the fifth time and hasn't been logged on since the third of November, so Ama's character is now a NPC. 
Outsider didn't post for the third time so they get a random action.
Yoink didn't post so he gets a random action.

"YOU WILL NOT ESCAPE ME, ENEMY POST!"

Go after enemy post and knock him out my headbutting him.
(1) You decide to get a running start to headbutt him, so you back up quite a bit and run at him at full speed, and he moves at the last second and you slam head first in to a wall. You injured your head and are in a daze

Help civilians to get to the super spooky fortress is safer than their houses or the streets
(6) You pack so many people in your house that there's no longer room for you.

He started up his float. May the spirit of Halloween protect him. He drove as close as he could to the fighting, then got on top with the mic for the cop-car's megaphone. The fire-souls circled around the speaker, amplifying its volume with magic. He breathed in deep, pushed the button, and started his speech.
"EVERYBODY STOP!"
His yell resonates through the whole town, and everyone stops for a moment to listen to his voice.
"Look at yourselves! This is supposed to be Halloween! A time where we can pretend to be something we're not, or something we really are! But we've turned it into a war between everyone different!
"It's supposed to be a time of candy and smiles, not blood and tears!
"We've turned into TRUE monsters tonight. By my count, there are no fewer than 150 dead already. Why did we start this bloodshed?
"That's right. There was no purpose. There was no rhyme or reason. Just cold-blooded murder. If we can all just take a step back, and look at what we've done, maybe we can still have a wonderful All Hallow's Eve. But if we keep going like this, then not just Halloween will be cancelled. We'll miss Thanksgiving, and Christmas, and the New Year, and ALL the holidays to come... Because we'll be dead. Please. Take a moment, and breathe. We don't have to stain this pure, cotton-candy snow with red. We can just enjoy the night."
He dropped the mic, hoping that his message got through to a few people. If it didn't, well, there was always the "Halloween Apocalypse Mode" he had installed in the car because of how things were right now. He had a plan B and everything!

TL;DR - DELIVER INSPIRING, SAD SPEECH TO ENTIRE TOWN, HOPING TO COOL THE FIGHTING DOWN.
(People actually listening to speech = 5) You feel everyone in town stop and listens intently to your speech.
(convincing people to stop fighting = 2) And they completely disregard it and go back to fighting.

Become the Magic Pixie of Halloween with that boost.

Then turn my Home into a Candyland-

(Becoming pixie of Halloween = 5) With the power boost your finally able to become the Magic pixie of Halloween.
(Turning house in to a candyland = 2) And again you try to candy your house and it fails again, and your still not sure why you can't seem to be able to make it happen.

Conjure a landship with my magical powers for my crew to ride on.
(4) With the power from the magic you've accumulated you create a landship, you and your crew get aboard and began to sail around the town.

enchant my sword using the magic of the candy I have gathered, Then slay the demons and nightmares alongside the werewolf!
(Enchanting the sword = 5) With just a little magic you successfully enchant the sword to do more damage.
(Slaying demons = 1) But you get lost while looking for demons and the werewolf.

"Wait, CABL! Didn't you hear what KitRougard said? This is supposed to be Halloween. You're not supposed to fight on Halloween, that's what Thanksgiving is for!

Also, come on, you've seen how I live. There's not exactly much to kill here. Let's just put this aside and do some Trick or Treating, what do you say?"

Give moral support to KitRougard's action.
(5) You clap and yell good speech at KitRougard this makes him feel better, but you seem like the only one that really gave a shit about his speech.

FOOLS! HALLOWEEN WAS NEVER ABOUT CANDY OR BEING PEOPLE YOU ARE NOT! IT WAS ABOUT FEARING FOR YOUR LIFE AND SENDING OFFERINGS TO THE DEAD!!! HALLOWEEN HAS BEEN CORRUPTED BY MODERNISM AND CAPITALISM INTO A DISGUSTING COMMERCIAL HOLIDAY!! I WILL MAKE HALLOWEEN GREAT AGAIN!!!

Call the house back to me and fuse with it! Becoming Halloween GOD!!! DESTROY THE TOWN AFTER THAT!!!
(Calling back the house = 3) You call the house back and after a bit you see it but it doesn't seem to want to come over to you.
(Becoming Halloween GOD = 3) You try to become the god of Halloween, but all you manage is a bit more strength.
(Destroying the town = 5) At least this is something that's easy to do and you set off on your path of destruction by stomping your neighbors houses and any civilians you see, like the kids that stole Yoink's map and the ones Samhain punched, you keep stomping stuff for a bit, but there seems like there's still a lot of town to stomp.

Grow a giant stinger-tipped tentacle and inject memetic neurotoxin into the god of Halloween.
(Growing a stinger tentacle = 3) Try as you might you can't seem to grow the tentacle for some reason, maybe you didn't concentrate hard enough.

JOIN FORCES WITH ANGERY, LEAD A WAR ON THE TOWN AND THE WORLD! SPARE KITROUGARD THOUGH.
(6) You start to lead the war on the town when you realize that the SPOOKY forces all got killed earlier, so your kind of at a loss for how to proceed, but you do spare KitRougard.

Quote from: Yoink
Clean off the flack jacket, then put it on.
(5) You take the flack jacket home and thoroughly wash all the blood off and put it on.

Quote from: Outsider
Help the nightmares, kill people.
(6) You and your army of nightmares set out and kill a lots of civilians before they encounter a SWAT unit and get shot at forcing you to retreat, when you finally get out of range you see that several nightmares are dead.

Quote from: Ama the werewolf
Try again to find a big car, and if we get on leave the town.
(Finding a big car = 3) You find another hatch back, its like this town only has hatch backs in it.
(Leaving town = 3) Even with werewolves on the roofs of the hatch backs you still don't have enough room.

Quote from: group of priests
Find the gates of hell and close them.
(Finding gates of hell = 1) They get lost on the way there, but then again they weren't really sure where they were going in the first place.

Quote from: group of unaligned demons
Go and kill civilians.
(5) Dozens of civilians die by their claws as they make their way across town.

Quote from: State police command unit
Start evacuating more people.
(3) People are panicking to much for the State police to organize an evacuation.

Quote from: State police SWAT unit 1
Fall back to more defensible position.
(4) After a bit they manage to get to the fall back point.

Quote from: State police SWAT unit 2
Fall back to better position.
(4) As their going to the fall back point they encounter a group of nightmares and kill a bunch of them, and continue to the fall back point.

Quote from: State police SWAT unit 3
Regroup with the other squads.
(1) As their trying to regroup with the others a massive foot slams down on top of them killing them instantly.

Quote from: News crew
Keep filming the chaos and report whats going on.
(Filming = 3) The crew is visibly shaken by the events and the filming isn't as good as it was at the start.
(Reporting = 3) As it goes on the reporter starts to lose his cool and show that they are starting to panic.

Quote from: Priest
Try to get some help, if that fails try to heal self.
(Trying to get help = 2) He tries the phone again just to get the same results.
(Healing self = 1) Try as he might he can't stop the blood flow and starts to bleed out, in his final moments of prayer a giant foot crushes him into a paste.

Quote from: Police looking for the monster
Try to find the monster again.
(4) Yet again these cops manage to find the monster and still aren't sure what to do about it.

Quote from: Paramedics, coroner, and some cops
Keep evacuating the area.
(5) They keep helping people get out of the town.

Turns until the US National Guard arrives: 4

Town Population: 10,458
Total killed: 739
Total people fled the town: 1,849
Spoiler: Player Statuses (click to show/hide)
Spoiler: Other Stuff: (click to show/hide)
The Lawyer opens a briefcase. It's full of lemons, the justice fruit only lawyers may touch.
Make sure not to step on any errant blood stains before we find our LIFE EXTINGUSHER.
but anyway, if you'll excuse me, I need to commit sebbaku.
Quote from: Leodanny
Can I have the sword when you’re done?

Egan_BW

• Bay Watcher
  • "Lest he be compelled to labor."
    • View Profile
« Reply #124 on: November 09, 2018, 04:35:39 pm »

Just start murdering demons the normal way.
It is good to choose your battles. It is better to choose your wars.

Yoink

• Bay Watcher
  • OKAY, FINE.
    • View Profile
« Reply #125 on: November 09, 2018, 04:38:04 pm »

TAKE A FIRM GRIP ON MY KNIFE AND GO TRICK-OR-TREATING.
STAB THE DICKENS OUT OF ANY OUTSIDER, DEMON OR OTHER MONSTER THAT STANDS IN MY WAY. I'M SAVING HALLOWEEN, DAMNIT, EVEN IF I HAVE TO KNIFE-FIGHT THE ENTIRE FORCES OF HELL IN THE PROCESS!

ALSO RESCUE INJURED FOLKS IF THE OPPORTUNITY PRESENTS ITSELF I GUESS.

Booze is Life for Yoink

To deprive him of Drink is to steal divinity from God.
you need to reconsider your life
If there's any cause worth dying for, it's memes.

Dustan Hache

• Bay Watcher
  • What protagonist?
    • View Profile
« Reply #126 on: November 09, 2018, 04:47:27 pm »

oh hey look, priests! Ask them to bless me and my sword, then assist them in getting to the site of this unholy battle!
I figure at some point, you're just gonna run outta fucks to give and just off yourself whenever you get hurt at all. It's not like there's any downsides to it. Hangover? Suicide will fix that. Stubbed your toe? Suicide. Headache? Suicide. Papercut? Suicide.

ziizo

• Bay Watcher
  • Tired and Lazy
    • View Profile
« Reply #127 on: November 09, 2018, 05:06:59 pm »

Summon onion ninjas, they will chop onions in the demons and outsiders faces forcing them to cry and thus being unable to kill people.
GG, Ziizo. May my spirit live on in your boobs.

Doomblade187

• Bay Watcher
  • Requires music to get through the working day.
    • View Profile
« Reply #128 on: November 09, 2018, 05:07:54 pm »

CRY SO HARD IT FLOODS THE TOWN. ONION POWER!
In any case it would be a battle of critical thinking and I refuse to fight an unarmed individual.
One mustn't stare into the pathos, lest one become Pathos.

ANGRY_DEMON_NOISES

• Bay Watcher
  • [JUDGMENT INTENSIFIES]
    • View Profile
« Reply #129 on: November 09, 2018, 05:40:16 pm »

GROW BIGGER AND BIGGER!!! CONJURE THE SPIRIT OF STALIN TO HELP ME!!! WE BOTH HATE CAPITALISM AND AMERICA SO WE CAN DESTROY THE TWO TOGETHER!!! ALSO, DESTROY IT RIGHT AWAY!!!
« Last Edit: November 09, 2018, 05:42:29 pm by ANGRY_DEMON_NOISES »

TricMagic

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #130 on: November 09, 2018, 06:21:38 pm »

My Magic senses tingle.

Revive Doombladde as The Headless Horseman.

Make the Town a Candyland with all my candy boosted magic.

Enemy post

• Bay Watcher
  • Modder/GM
    • View Profile
« Reply #131 on: November 09, 2018, 06:49:15 pm »

Shake the fleas off my ukulele and join CABL's band.
My mods and forum games.
Enemy post has claimed the title of Dragonsong the Harmonic of Melodious Exaltion!

KitRougard

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #132 on: November 09, 2018, 08:25:28 pm »

He sighed. In all honesty he expected this. But he had hoped it wouldn't come to this.
"Pheonix, Phyrra, Clayton... Activate."
Three of the fire-souls fused into a flaming bird, and took the bucket of candy he had planned on throwing in its claws. It lifted into the air soon after, making swoops about the city. Kit got a ping in his mind - ~Pheonix, flying!~
Pheonix's job is to deliver magical, healing candy to front-liners and innocent wounded, as well as maintain a tally of all the warring factions.
The rest of the souls scattered, filling the many skeleton animatronics on the float. It turns out their bones and weaponry were NOT plastic, but cold, hard, steel. Another ping - ÷Phyrra Squad, active.÷
The skeletons formed a defensive perimeter around the float. Their job was to assist bystanders onto/into the float, and attack enemy troops if they got too close.
And then that oddball pet soul sank into the float itself, and turned on a bunch of lights. Kit sank down on a hidden platform into the cockpit of the Halloween Purifier - Clayton. ×Initialization: Active.× said a gentle voice as Kit's HUD lit up.
×Info Screen: Online.×
×Targeting System: Online.×
×Weapons: Pending.×
×Movement: Online.×
×Welcome, Kit - Savior of Halloween.×
×Incinerator Clayton: Active.×

TL;DR - BREAK OUT PLAN B
Scream all you want
They don't understand
Your Comic Sans font
A language of another land

The_Two_Eternities

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #133 on: November 10, 2018, 02:40:39 am »

Start killing demons with my crew from the landship.
http://www.bay12forums.com/smf/index.php?topic=177472.0
Roll to Multitask, seeking new players.
Yeah sorry, someone blew up a street in my state and took the internet down for multiple days with it.
This really happened. 2020 was wild.

CABL

• Bay Watcher
  • Has a fetish for voring the rich
    • View Profile
« Reply #134 on: November 10, 2018, 06:55:20 am »

"Cheeki breeki, cyka blyat! My fucking head!"

Snap out of a daze, then find a suitable place for a gig in the town.
Pounded in the Butt by my own Government... oh wait, that's real life.

Much less active than I used to be on these forums, but I still visit them on occasion. Will probably resume my activity in full once Dwarf Fortress will be released on Steam.
Pages: 1 ... 7 8 [9] 10 11 ... 47