Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 16 17 [18] 19 20 ... 47

Author Topic: Re: Minimalist Halloween Thing: Its dead Jim.  (Read 90625 times)

TricMagic

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: Minimalist Halloween Thing
« Reply #255 on: November 25, 2018, 02:57:33 pm »

Dethrone Doomblade and put him in a 1000-year timeout on the Moon. Become Candy Queen of Magic, Halloween, and Dinosaurs.

All of this with the Power of Candy and Friendship. I got plenty of dinosaur friends, right?

Needless to say, sealing him away gives me Doomblade's Die too. For when I need a little Divine Power in my actions.
« Last Edit: November 25, 2018, 03:06:48 pm by TricMagic »

ziizo

• Bay Watcher
  • Tired and Lazy
    • View Profile
« Reply #256 on: November 25, 2018, 05:09:29 pm »

help in rebuilding the city.
GG, Ziizo. May my spirit live on in your boobs.

Dustan Hache

• Bay Watcher
  • What protagonist?
    • View Profile
« Reply #257 on: November 25, 2018, 09:21:46 pm »

go to heaven, having fought valorously against the demon horde before being blasted by that explosion. Ask If I can have a second chance at life, or at the very least reincarnate as a hunting dog.
I figure at some point, you're just gonna run outta fucks to give and just off yourself whenever you get hurt at all. It's not like there's any downsides to it. Hangover? Suicide will fix that. Stubbed your toe? Suicide. Headache? Suicide. Papercut? Suicide.

Enemy post

• Bay Watcher
  • Modder/GM
    • View Profile
« Reply #258 on: November 25, 2018, 11:37:56 pm »

I just want to say I really enjoyed reading about the city blowing up. I always wanted to do that in my RTDs, but ATHATH never rolled well enough.
My mods and forum games.
Enemy post has claimed the title of Dragonsong the Harmonic of Melodious Exaltion!

King Zultan

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #259 on: November 26, 2018, 07:20:17 am »

I just want to say I really enjoyed reading about the city blowing up. I always wanted to do that in my RTDs, but ATHATH never rolled well enough.
I'm glad you like my first attempt at a game, where I make up everything as I go along, and keep track of a bunch of crap some of which isn't important, but if I didn't I'd forget the important bits of what's happening.
The Lawyer opens a briefcase. It's full of lemons, the justice fruit only lawyers may touch.
Make sure not to step on any errant blood stains before we find our LIFE EXTINGUSHER.
but anyway, if you'll excuse me, I need to commit sebbaku.
Quote from: Leodanny
Can I have the sword when you’re done?

Smoke Mirrors

• Bay Watcher
  • Do I exist yet?
    • View Profile
« Reply #260 on: November 26, 2018, 10:37:13 am »

Ok, only missed one turn, thought I missed more

Build a hall of mirrors.
Don't worry too much about the one mistake, Smoke Mirrors. Your character was memorable for all the demonology and story writing.

I’m running a game/mechanics test called Fate/Mechanics Test. Feel free to check it out.

KitRougard

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #261 on: November 26, 2018, 11:22:06 am »

He sighed. In all honesty he expected this. But he had hoped it wouldn't come to this.
"Pheonix, Phyrra, Clayton... Activate."
Three of the fire-souls fused into a flaming bird, and took the bucket of candy he had planned on throwing in its claws. It lifted into the air soon after, making swoops about the city. Kit got a ping in his mind - ~Pheonix, flying!~
Pheonix's job is to deliver magical, healing candy to front-liners and innocent wounded, as well as maintain a tally of all the warring factions.
The rest of the souls scattered, filling the many skeleton animatronics on the float. It turns out their bones and weaponry were NOT plastic, but cold, hard, steel. Another ping - ÷Phyrra Squad, active.÷
The skeletons formed a defensive perimeter around the float. Their job was to assist bystanders onto/into the float, and attack enemy troops if they got too close.
And then that oddball pet soul sank into the float itself, and turned on a bunch of lights. Kit sank down on a hidden platform into the cockpit of the Halloween Purifier - Clayton. ×Initialization: Active.× said a gentle voice as Kit's HUD lit up.
×Info Screen: Online.×
×Targeting System: Online.×
×Weapons: Pending.×
×Movement: Online.×
×Welcome, Kit - Savior of Halloween.×
×Incinerator Clayton: Active.×

TL;DR - BREAK OUT PLAN B
(Combining three firesouls in to flaming bird = 6) You watch as three of the firesouls combine together, but something goes wrong and they scream, convulse and fall to the ground and die.
(Firesouls getting in to the skeletons = 6) Several firesouls get in to the skeletons, but some of them runaway as soon as they get in, and three die for some unknown reason.
(Are their weapons steel = 4) As you expected the weapons are made of steel.
(Skeleton defensive perimeter = 1) As soon as you give the order for the defensive perimeter, they all run behind the float and hide.
(Pet firesoul combining with the float = 4) Your pet firesoul gets into the float with out a problem.

OOC: They hate letting me read the rules of a game for a reason. Namely, my ability to pick up the little details like that.

One of the skeletons that was running feels a part of its soul die off. It stopped, and wondered what that feeling was. It looked behind it, and HOLY CRAP THAT WAS A MUSHROOM CLOUD WHERE A TOWN SHOULD BE. Wait. His summoner was there! Key word WAS, because he was pretty sure that his master died. He was the only one who noticed, and that was sad. So he started running towards the mushroom cloud, ready to exact VENGEANCE! Or, like, help the reconstruction efforts, that works too. Eh.

Use the secret 1UP I have, and run back towards the blown-up city!
Scream all you want
They don't understand
Your Comic Sans font
A language of another land

King Zultan

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #262 on: November 27, 2018, 09:43:42 am »

I'm gonna have to delay the turn until tomorrow, because I want to get some sleep before I take my elderly aunt to a doctors appointment.
The Lawyer opens a briefcase. It's full of lemons, the justice fruit only lawyers may touch.
Make sure not to step on any errant blood stains before we find our LIFE EXTINGUSHER.

Doomblade187

• Bay Watcher
  • Requires music to get through the working day.
    • View Profile
« Reply #263 on: November 27, 2018, 05:14:21 pm »

Assist Tric in unifying the kingdom!
In any case it would be a battle of critical thinking and I refuse to fight an unarmed individual.
One mustn't stare into the pathos, lest one become Pathos.

King Zultan

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #264 on: November 28, 2018, 09:52:01 am »

Sorry about the wait.

The town's dead, all buildings destroyed and all people that haven't been found yet are dead.
More military people are coming to aid in evacuating the areas around the town.
Firefighters from surrounding towns are on the way to deal with the fires.
A large portion of the area surrounding the town ruins are on fire.
The rocket artillery and the mortar crew have left and went home.
There's several fires burning in the town ruins.
The army of demons has been defeated.
It stopped raining.
Its November 1 1:20A.m.
Yoink didn't post for the second time so random action.
ANGRY_DEMON_NOISES didn't post, but no random action because he's dead.

Go find a ghost doctor to treat my ghost injuries with ghost medical supplies.
(Finding ghost doctor = 4) Given how many people died its easy to find a ghost that was a doctor.
(Being healed = 3+2 For finding a doctor) It only takes a few minutes for the doctor to heal your injures, the ghost doctor also seems to want to join your crew, sense he's got nothing better to do now that he's dead.

"WHO'S A MAN AND A HALF?! I AM A MAN AND A HALF!"

Try to tear off horns/limbs from a random dead demon, then start using them as clubs or daggers, depending on how heavy/light, thick/thin and how sharp/blunt they are.
Start cleaning the whole building from the demon inhabitants. Burn all of the Hell money I happen to notice and see.

(Tearing bits off demons = 5) You use the fire extinguisher to bash a dead demon's head in so you can rip off one of its horns.
(Quality if demon bits = 4) When you pick it up you can see that its quite sharp and it looks like it would be quite good for using as a weapon.
(Killing demons = 2) You search the building but can't find any demons, they might be planning something because of the alarm from earlier.
(Finding money = 4) You do find a bunch of money during your demon hunt.
(Burning money = 4) You go and get a metal trashcan and fill it with stacks of money and light it on fire, as it burns you throw in more money, after a little bit you see that there's still some money left to burn.

Push over a desk.

*My house blew up. It is sad but not unexpected.
(4) You walk over to the nearest desk and flip it sending papers and desk stuff fling everywhere.

Ha. Reform from scraps.
(2+2 For being able to do that) It takes a few minutes to reform but you pull yourself back together, it does seem like you might have lost a few pieces to the blast but at least you have most of them.

Dethrone Doomblade and put him in a 1000-year timeout on the Moon. Become Candy Queen of Magic, Halloween, and Dinosaurs.

All of this with the Power of Candy and Friendship. I got plenty of dinosaur friends, right?

Needless to say, sealing him away gives me Doomblade's Die too. For when I need a little Divine Power in my actions.

(Dethroning Doomblade = 3) You don't really dethrone him as, as much as say he's not your king.
(Getting him to the moon = 2) Even withe magic and dinosaur friendship you can't really get him to the moon.
(Putting him in timeout = 4) Since you can't put him on the moon you opt to shove him into a cave instead, and put a big rock on top of it.
(Becoming Candy Queen of Magic, Halloween, and Dinosaurs = 3+1 For being magic and dinosaur friends) Using some magic and the power of friendship you become that thing you wanted to be.
(Taking Doomblade's dice = 5) Before you put Doomblade in the cave you steal some dice from his pockets.
You later hear that Doomblade reunited the kingdom and sealed him into a cave for no reason.

help in rebuilding the city.
(5) You would start rebuilding but the ruins are on fire so you opt to start putting out fires instead, you manage to put out several fires.

go to heaven, having fought valorously against the demon horde before being blasted by that explosion. Ask If I can have a second chance at life, or at the very least reincarnate as a hunting dog.
(Getting second chance at life = Heads | Reincarnating = Tails | = Heads) Your granted your request at a second chance at life, you wake up on a some random street surrounded by ruined houses some of which are on fire, well at least your alive again.

Ok, only missed one turn, thought I missed more

Build a hall of mirrors.
(3) You try to start working on the hall of mirrors, but then you realize that all your demons are dead, the tents gone, and that you're also dead.

(Firesouls getting in to the skeletons = 6) Several firesouls get in to the skeletons, but some of them runaway as soon as they get in, and three die for some unknown reason.
OOC: They hate letting me read the rules of a game for a reason. Namely, my ability to pick up the little details like that.

One of the skeletons that was running feels a part of its soul die off. It stopped, and wondered what that feeling was. It looked behind it, and HOLY CRAP THAT WAS A MUSHROOM CLOUD WHERE A TOWN SHOULD BE. Wait. His summoner was there! Key word WAS, because he was pretty sure that his master died. He was the only one who noticed, and that was sad. So he started running towards the mushroom cloud, ready to exact VENGEANCE! Or, like, help the reconstruction efforts, that works too. Eh.

Use the secret 1UP I have, and run back towards the blown-up city!
((I'm assuming you wanted to take over one of the skeletons.))
(Taking over skeleton = 5) Your now a skeleton, and you start heading back towards the town as you get closer to the town you see that the woods around you are on fire.
(Do the others follow = 5) Then you notice that the other skeletons are following you for some reason.

Assist Tric in unifying the kingdom!
(5) You successfully convince the angry dinosaurs that you didn't mean what you said and get them to reunite with the rest of the dino kingdom, then TricMagic steals the dice from your pockets, and shoves you in a cave and sealed you in.

Quote from: Yoink
HELP VOLUNTEERS PUT OUT THE FIRES.
(3) You try to put out the fire but don't really make any progress in stopping the fire.

Quote from: Ama the werewolf
Go around and loot some valuables and look for guns.
(5) You find four assault rifles and four pistols, and ammo for each, then you root around some of the ruins and find a bunch of money and some gold stuff.

NPC stuff:
Quote from: Gates of Hell Haunted House - three stories tall
Eat some trees or remote buildings to grow bigger.
(5) It find a bunch of trees and an abandoned barn to eat, this causes it to grow another three stories taller.

Quote from: Yoink's small army of volunteers
Start putting out the fires.
(Extinguishing fires = 4) They start putting out some of the fires around the town.
(Extinguishing fires = 5) They help with the extinguishing of the fires.

Quote from: Rocket artillery vehicle
Return to base.
(5) It starts its long journey back to base.

Quote from: Mortar crew
Call for reinforcements and return to base.
(Calling for reinforcements = 4) They get in contact with HQ and call for reinforcements to help with getting people out of the way of the fire and away from the town.
(Returning to base = 4) They start their journey back to the base.

Quote from: Infantry Platoon X2
Regroup and evacuate remaining people.
(Evacuate remaining people = 5) They find the spooky fortress and start getting people out of it.
(Evacuate remaining people = 4) They help the people get out of the fortress as well.

Quote from: Paramedics, coroner, and some cops
Time to leave the ruined town.
(4) They leave the town behind.

Fire stuff:
Quote from: Fire
Does the fire get worse?
(6) The fire burning around the town gets way worse and starts to really burn.

Quote from: Fire killing people
Do people die in the fire?
(1) No bodies died from the fire yet.

Turns until firefighters arrive: 1
Turns until military reinforcements arrive: 4

Percent of fire contained: 0%
How bad the fire is around the town ruins: Really bad!
Percent of town ruins on fire: 59%
Percent of area around town on fire: 30%

Total people fled the town to surrounding areas: 4,342
Total people fled further away areas: 2,523
Total killed: 4,586
Spoiler: Player Statuses (click to show/hide)
Spoiler: Other Stuff: (click to show/hide)

TricMagic

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #265 on: November 28, 2018, 10:25:12 am »

Use my dice and Doomblade's Dice to give everyone in the kingdom Telekinesis.

Start up an agricultural and fishing program for our kingdom. We need food to get along, and now we can do stuff..

ziizo

• Bay Watcher
  • Tired and Lazy
    • View Profile
« Reply #266 on: November 28, 2018, 11:16:39 am »

spread my bodies all around the town then start million of simultaneous rain dances calling a rain over the town to extinguish the fires.
« Last Edit: November 29, 2018, 01:00:56 pm by ziizo »
GG, Ziizo. May my spirit live on in your boobs.

Dustan Hache

• Bay Watcher
  • What protagonist?
    • View Profile
« Reply #267 on: November 28, 2018, 11:41:33 am »

Use my holy magic to heal the injured and those who got seriously burned while trying to fight the fires. assist the army in evacuating people from the ruins.
I figure at some point, you're just gonna run outta fucks to give and just off yourself whenever you get hurt at all. It's not like there's any downsides to it. Hangover? Suicide will fix that. Stubbed your toe? Suicide. Headache? Suicide. Papercut? Suicide.

scourge728

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #268 on: November 28, 2018, 11:45:11 am »

I just jumped from the first page to last, and wow things changed

Egan_BW

• Bay Watcher
  • Leftover Potential
    • View Profile
« Reply #269 on: November 28, 2018, 11:49:29 am »

Try to figure out what the heck just happened.
Start spreading out over the ruins, eating dead trees, ruined wood from buildings, discarded candies, bags of chips laying in the street, and any corpses that look like they'd go unmissed. Use the biomass to turn into a big fireproof blanket and cover up the fire.
Always remember!
Pumsy loves you!
Pages: 1 ... 16 17 [18] 19 20 ... 47