Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 206 207 [208] 209 210 ... 402

Author Topic: Terrible Suggestions Thread  (Read 490202 times)

Eric Blank

• Bay Watcher
  • *Remain calm*
    • View Profile
Re: Terrible Suggestions Thread
« Reply #3105 on: March 22, 2021, 03:25:42 am »

Were in hell. The clowns are messing with our minds. We can never win the game, they won't let us. Even ThatAussieDwarf was tricked into believing the checkerboard worked. The clowns came for him while he slept, they were in the fortress the whole time.
I make Spellcrafts!
I have no idea where anything is. I have no idea what anything does. This is not merely a madhouse designed by a madman, but a madhouse designed by many madmen, each with an intense hatred for the previous madman's unique flavour of madness.

King Zultan

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #3106 on: March 22, 2021, 03:31:05 am »

It's a clownspiracy!
The Lawyer opens a briefcase. It's full of lemons, the justice fruit only lawyers may touch.
Make sure not to step on any errant blood stains before we find our LIFE EXTINGUSHER.
but anyway, if you'll excuse me, I need to commit sebbaku.
Quote from: Leodanny
Can I have the sword when you’re done?

Fikilili

• Bay Watcher
  • "Elves make no sense, change my mind."
    • View Profile
« Reply #3107 on: March 22, 2021, 07:59:31 am »

So DF is finally replaced with word and all features you could imagine have been implemented?

Have I yet again made a good suggestion?
"Military? What's that? Something to eat?"

Azerty

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #3108 on: March 22, 2021, 07:38:48 pm »

The source code of Dwarf Fortress is released... in a programming language that only Toady understands, in obfuscated form, and completely uncommented. No specification is given. No compiler nor interpreter is given. You'll have to infer what anything means by reverse-engineering the language based on the source code.

The game is coded in Malborge.
"Just tell me about the bits with the forest-defending part, the sociopath part is pretty normal dwarf behavior."

LordBaal

• Bay Watcher
  • System Lord and Hanslanda lees evil twin.
    • View Profile
« Reply #3109 on: March 22, 2021, 08:00:57 pm »

In Turbo Pascal!
I'm curious as to how a tank would evolve. Would it climb out of the primordial ooze wiggling it's track-nubs, feeding on smaller jeeps before crawling onto the shore having evolved proper treds?
My ship exploded midflight, but all the shrapnel totally landed on Alpha Centauri before anyone else did.  Bow before me world leaders!

nezclaw

• Bay Watcher
  • i should really migrate my saves...
    • View Profile
« Reply #3110 on: March 22, 2021, 10:19:32 pm »

add more detail to the artifact descriptions. like an excruciating amount of detail. to the point where someone drawing it has absolutely no room for interpretation, there is exactly one correct depiction. AND, add dwarves whose only job is to critique these artifacts, and their critique also gets added to the description. and increase the amount of materials to Planepacked levels.
Dawnthunder: It menaces with spikes of tetanus
After the fire had burned down all of the wooden next boxes on the surface, Mottled Petrel was reluctant to replace them with more wooden nest boxes. Instead, he placed the remaining store of wooden nest boxes in the dormitory for any aspiring koopa mothers.

The nest boxes were immediately overrun by helmet snakes.

Bumber

• Bay Watcher
  • REMOVE KOBOLD
    • View Profile
« Reply #3111 on: March 22, 2021, 10:38:03 pm »

Children (as well as some adults and seniors) automatically create art on your fort's walls. This creates negative thoughts in others who view it. Removing it gives a negative thought to the artist, regardless of quality level. Sometimes dwarves paint their murals out of food, which produces miasma. Sometimes they use vomit or brown filth.
« Last Edit: March 22, 2021, 10:40:16 pm by Bumber »
Reading his name would trigger it. Thinking of him would trigger it. No other circumstances would trigger it- it was strictly related to the concept of Bill Clinton entering the conscious mind.

THE xTROLL FUR SOCKx RUSE WAS A........... DISTACTION        the carp HAVE the wagon

A wizard has turned you into a wagon. This was inevitable (Y/y)?

King Zultan

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #3112 on: March 23, 2021, 02:33:43 am »

Sometimes dwarves paint their murals out of food, which produces miasma. Sometimes they use vomit or brown filth.
Further proving that all dwarves are insane.
The Lawyer opens a briefcase. It's full of lemons, the justice fruit only lawyers may touch.
Make sure not to step on any errant blood stains before we find our LIFE EXTINGUSHER.
but anyway, if you'll excuse me, I need to commit sebbaku.
Quote from: Leodanny
Can I have the sword when you’re done?

Starver

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #3113 on: March 23, 2021, 05:27:15 am »

In Turbo Pascal!
(I'm sorry... Were you supposed to be suggesting an incomprehensible computer language, there? It's actually fairly sane (and led to the (over-)popular Delphi - which probably powered half the joke[1] and amateur applications distributed in the '90s - before it had to be resurected as Lazarus), compared with others I could mention that I was also formally taught.)

...all the code is either Forth embedded in Lisp or Lisp embedded in Forth, as an asymmetric polyglot. Containing a Whitespace version of Therapist as a bonus!

[1] Like the one with the "Click this button to close" button, where it/the window kept running away from the mouse-cursor.

LordBaal

• Bay Watcher
  • System Lord and Hanslanda lees evil twin.
    • View Profile
« Reply #3114 on: March 23, 2021, 05:52:39 am »

See, that is why we can't have nice jokes!

I used to program a lot on Turbo Pascal back in college, and it was already pretty dated. There, you made me explain the joke, hope you are happy!

-low grumbles while Baal curses Starver soul...-
I'm curious as to how a tank would evolve. Would it climb out of the primordial ooze wiggling it's track-nubs, feeding on smaller jeeps before crawling onto the shore having evolved proper treds?
My ship exploded midflight, but all the shrapnel totally landed on Alpha Centauri before anyone else did.  Bow before me world leaders!

Starver

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #3115 on: March 23, 2021, 07:53:31 am »

Oh... In that case try KOCOBOL...

Code: [Select]
       IDENTIFICATION DIVISION.
       PROGRAM-ID. hello-fortress.
       PROCEDURE DIVISION.
           DISPLAY "Hello, fortress!"

TheBeardyMan

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #3116 on: March 23, 2021, 08:10:06 am »

Prepared meals with any kind of meat as an ingredient are rare, medium rare, medium, medium well, or well done.

If a dwarf sees another dwarf eating a prepared meal with meat in it, and disagrees with the other dwarf about whether the meat is correctly cooked, they start a fight that escalates to a loyalty cascade.

Fikilili

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #3117 on: March 23, 2021, 08:43:40 am »

Some dwarves can grow attachment to hedgehogs painted in blue. Such dwarves would be socially inept, generally poor clothed, and with an hygyene to make one envy a Forgotten Beast.
Some dwarves would document such fans of blue hedgehogs, and always name their work "[Name of Dwarf], The Cow of Laughter".
Special dwarves would prefer yellow mices, or yellow/blue heghehogs. They would trade personal belongings, even their family's artefacts to purchase toys from merchants. They wouldn't be good at anything, making them useless dwarves to dwarven society.
« Last Edit: March 23, 2021, 08:46:20 am by Fikilili »

Strik3r

• Bay Watcher
  • Persistently work-in-progress.
    • View Profile
« Reply #3118 on: March 23, 2021, 09:17:08 am »

Some dwarves would document such fans of blue hedgehogs, and always name their work "[Name of Dwarf], The Cow of Laughter".
Special dwarves would prefer yellow mices, or yellow/blue heghehogs. They would trade personal belongings, even their family's artefacts to purchase toys from merchants. They wouldn't be good at anything, making them useless dwarves to dwarven society.

Dwarves who document these individuals are almost always farmers and have a preference either for cows or (the very adorable) kiwi birds.
Occasionally among these, one will begin mercilessly mocking and making threats of violence toward the dwarves who prefer the yellow mices or yellow/blue hedgehogs and will subsequently be themselves documented by their fellows, who will name such works "[Name of Dwarf], The Log of Assaulting".
NOTICE: If you can't update your profile/signature, stop using a Imgur URL for your profile picture.
Upload it to somewhere else.

Fikilili

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #3119 on: March 23, 2021, 09:53:46 am »

Dwarves who document these individuals are almost always farmers and have a preference either for cows or (the very adorable) kiwi birds.

Fans of Blue/Yellow hedgehogs would go on a "quest" to obtain a relationship with a dwarf of the opposite gender. Although they should always fail, there is a 1% chance they might actually win. However, there's 100% chances that they'll fail spectacularly after making ethically questionable murals that depict both dwarves in an awkward situation. Said dwarves may even attempt to dress as female dwarves to get closer to them. Much to no avail.
Eventually, such dwarves would be tagged as both [ADULT] and [CHILD]. Eventually, they would play a long game of make-believe and pretend to be a yellow/blue hedgehog.
Pages: 1 ... 206 207 [208] 209 210 ... 402