Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 436 437 [438] 439 440 ... 459

Author Topic: Untamed Virus Containment Thread:COVID-19: Lurking Omni-Flu Edition  (Read 421489 times)

Rolan7

• Bay Watcher
  • [GUE'VESA][BONECARN]
    • View Profile
Re: Untamed Virus Containment Thread:COVID-19:New Year, New Variant Edition
« Reply #6555 on: February 21, 2022, 05:51:56 pm »

Isn't she a bit old for a gender transition treatment?
You're never too old to start!  Unless you live in the UK and have less than a year left to live.  You have to "live as" whichever (binary) gender for that long before they'll even consider allowing you access to treatment.  The Queen has been notably camera-shy lately but I'm pretty sure she's been seen in dresses during that time, so by her country's crappy laws she's definitely not transitioning.
She/they
No justice: no peace.
Quote from: Fallen London, one Unthinkable Hope
This one didn't want to be who they was. On the Surface – it was a dull, unconsidered sadness. But everything changed. Which implied everything could change.

hector13

• Bay Watcher
  • It’s shite being Scottish
    • View Profile
« Reply #6556 on: February 21, 2022, 11:09:50 pm »

Trollin’ trollin’ trollin’
Tryhard!

Though my fingers’ swollen,
Keep them losers postin’, tryhard!
Through flame and counterpostin’
Make ‘em take a toastin’,
Wishin’, they take the bait I type!
All the things I’m missing’,
Real friends and love and kissin,
They pale, to the trollin’ high.

Post some noise, tilt ‘em up,
Tilt ‘em up, post some noise,
Post some noise, tilt ‘em up, tryhard!
Bait ‘em in, flame ‘em out,
Flame ‘em out, bait ‘em in,
Bait ‘em in, flame ‘em out, tryhard!

Though they disapprovin’
Keep them losers postin’, tryhard!
Don’t try to understand ‘em,
Just bait and flame and trash ‘em,
Soon they’ll be seein’ red, my guy!
My e-peen’s a-throbbin’,
I see that fool a-comin’,
That feelin’? That’s a trollin’ high.

Post some noise, tilt ‘em up,
Tilt ‘em up, post some noise,
Post some noise, tilt ‘em up, tryhard!
Bait ‘em in, flame ‘em out,
Flame ‘em out, bait ‘em in,
Bait ‘em in, flame ‘em out, tryhard!

Tryhard.
Tryhard!

I got too much, time on my ha-ands.

And also illness and over-the-counter anti-histamines/hypnotics. My life is great.

(Also if you didn’t have a parent that grew up in the ‘50s or ‘60s, or don’t have passing familiarity with Westerns, it comes from this)
Look, we need to raise a psychopath who will murder God, we have no time to be spending on cooking.

the way your fingertips plant meaningless soliloquies makes me think you are the true evil among us.

Starver

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #6557 on: February 22, 2022, 09:04:03 am »

I got too much, time on my ha-ands.
...or just about the right amount.

I've been taking ages over my Pretty Boy Floyd filk, over in the (strangely enough) AmeriPol thread.  Provisionally "...some will rob you with some rebels / And with 150,000 men...", but I've had to twist the ballad's 'message' to get it to work, enticing as it was to start it.

And also illness and over-the-counter anti-histamines/hypnotics. My life is great.
Yay...? Well, get well soon and... <stares deeply into your eyes> ...when I snap my fingers, you will forget your own name... 3, 2, 1, *snap*

LordBaal

• Bay Watcher
  • System Lord and Hanslanda lees evil twin.
    • View Profile
« Reply #6558 on: February 22, 2022, 02:42:40 pm »

Trolling, trolling in a bottle?
I'm curious as to how a tank would evolve. Would it climb out of the primordial ooze wiggling it's track-nubs, feeding on smaller jeeps before crawling onto the shore having evolved proper treds?
My ship exploded midflight, but all the shrapnel totally landed on Alpha Centauri before anyone else did.  Bow before me world leaders!

hector13

• Bay Watcher
  • It’s shite being Scottish
    • View Profile
« Reply #6559 on: February 22, 2022, 08:09:54 pm »

I took something out a bottle, certainly.

I just have a minor upper respiratory infection. I also felt better after filling two disposable hankies, folded appropriately in half and then quarters to use it efficiently, with the accumulations of probably around 6 days of said upper respiratory illness, and then gagging horribly on some that got stuck in my throat.

I should probably get over my aversion to periodically blowing my nose during illness since I think the unpleasant shortness of breath I was experiencing wasn’t a symptom of being ill, but having fucktons of gunk in my airways.

Anyway. I was slightly worried that some of the symptoms were covid-related long-term damage to something, rather than my own ineptitude. Glad to have been (hopefully) shown otherwise.
Look, we need to raise a psychopath who will murder God, we have no time to be spending on cooking.

the way your fingertips plant meaningless soliloquies makes me think you are the true evil among us.

LordBaal

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #6560 on: February 23, 2022, 06:10:41 am »

Relax Hector, im sure is nothing, keep a positive mind my friend.
« Last Edit: February 23, 2022, 07:35:03 am by LordBaal »
I'm curious as to how a tank would evolve. Would it climb out of the primordial ooze wiggling it's track-nubs, feeding on smaller jeeps before crawling onto the shore having evolved proper treds?
My ship exploded midflight, but all the shrapnel totally landed on Alpha Centauri before anyone else did.  Bow before me world leaders!

martinuzz

• Bay Watcher
  • High dwarf
    • View Profile
« Reply #6561 on: March 02, 2022, 09:38:44 am »

Last week, our government dropped nearly all corona restrictions. Face masks are no longer mandatory.
It is eerie how suddenly everyone, even those who supported the face masks, immediatly stopped wearing them, en masse.
The past week I was, literally, the only person still earing a facemask in our neighborhood supermarket (on a total of about 80 people in the store on average, with the exception of a single elderly couple.

Today was even more crazy. I got called 'cancer pedo nazi' in the supermarket by a bunch of drugged and drunk youth dressed up for carnaval, just for wearing a facemask.
For my own safety I shall stop wearing facemasks, I am not looking for a fight.

Also, a lot of people I know now have corona after celebrating carnaval. As was to be expected.

(Dutch carnaval: people dress up in costumes for 5 days drinking beer and snorting speed or coke)
« Last Edit: March 02, 2022, 09:44:38 am by martinuzz »
Friendly and polite reminder for optimists: Hope is a finite resource

We can ­disagree and still love each other, ­unless your disagreement is rooted in my oppression and denial of my humanity and right to exist - James Baldwin

http://www.bay12forums.com/smf/index.php?topic=73719.msg1830479#msg1830479

ChairmanPoo

• Bay Watcher
  • Send in the clowns
    • View Profile
« Reply #6562 on: March 02, 2022, 10:36:48 am »

:(

I'd advise to keep wearing a mask nonetheless...:(
There's two kinds of performance reviews: the one you make they don't read, the one they make whilst they sharpen their daggers
Everyone sucks at everything. Until they don't. Not sucking is a product of time invested.

LordBaal

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #6563 on: March 02, 2022, 05:11:24 pm »

I think we (the world) should adopt the Japanese custom of wearing them whenever you are sick to avoid spreading whatever.

King Zultan

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #6564 on: March 03, 2022, 02:33:59 am »

Kind of weird that this tread disappeared for a bit, guess a war is more interesting than a disease.
The Lawyer opens a briefcase. It's full of lemons, the justice fruit only lawyers may touch.
Make sure not to step on any errant blood stains before we find our LIFE EXTINGUSHER.
but anyway, if you'll excuse me, I need to commit sebbaku.
Quote from: Leodanny
Can I have the sword when you’re done?

Rolan7

• Bay Watcher
  • [GUE'VESA][BONECARN]
    • View Profile
« Reply #6565 on: March 03, 2022, 02:41:08 am »

Yeah well, it keeps coming up.  Militaries famously pack people together.
She/they
No justice: no peace.
Quote from: Fallen London, one Unthinkable Hope
This one didn't want to be who they was. On the Surface – it was a dull, unconsidered sadness. But everything changed. Which implied everything could change.

martinuzz

• Bay Watcher
  • High dwarf
    • View Profile
« Reply #6566 on: March 03, 2022, 07:07:43 am »

I'm sure that within a few days there's going to be the issue of all Ukrainians hunkered down in bomb shelters with thousands getting corona.
It is going to be terrible, with a low-ish vaccination grade and hospitals that are either bombed or too busy with war casualties to tend to corona.
Friendly and polite reminder for optimists: Hope is a finite resource

We can ­disagree and still love each other, ­unless your disagreement is rooted in my oppression and denial of my humanity and right to exist - James Baldwin

http://www.bay12forums.com/smf/index.php?topic=73719.msg1830479#msg1830479

heydude6

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #6567 on: March 03, 2022, 08:44:37 am »

Kind of weird that this tread disappeared for a bit, guess a war is more interesting than a disease.

To be fair, a lot of governments are starting to pretend that the pandemic is over. I’m going to University classes in person now, and I have to say, minus the mask mandates it doesn’t really feel like a pandemic anymore.

I’m sure the feeling will come back once the lockdowns resume.
Lets use the ancient naval art of training war parrots. No one will realize they have been boarded by space war parrots until it is to late!
You can fake being able to run on water. You can't fake looking cool when you break your foot on a door and hit your head on the floor.

TamerVirus

• Bay Watcher
  • Who cares
    • View Profile
« Reply #6568 on: March 03, 2022, 09:30:26 am »

It’s definitely not over in, say, Hong Kong which is going through the Omicron mega-wave right now
What can mysteriously disappear can mysteriously reappear
*Shakes fist at TamerVirus*

Akura

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: Untamed Virus Containment Thread:COVID-19:Plague begets War Edition
« Reply #6569 on: March 04, 2022, 04:17:16 pm »

My job removed mask requirements for vaccinated employees today. I've also realized how ugly my coworkers' faces are. I'm still going to wear mine; even without the risk of infection, there's a lot of dust floating around my work area, and the mask really helps with that.
They asked me how well I understood theoretical physics. I told them I had a theoretical degree in physics. They said welcome aboard.
... Yes, the hugs are for everyone.  No stabbing, though.  Just hugs.
Pages: 1 ... 436 437 [438] 439 440 ... 459