Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 35 36 [37] 38 39 ... 116

Author Topic: Magnum Opus: Welcome Home.  (Read 117395 times)

Fire and Glory

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: Magnum Opus: Unique Pain
« Reply #540 on: July 18, 2021, 07:06:44 am »

((@Cat @m1895 @Oz post your opinions ICly cowerds))

“If boons for each of us isn't a hot idea, I like the sound of boots to help us get around faster as well. One pair for every Homunculi, to be found in the cauldron room's box. Twice now we've started some ways away from where we're meant to go.”

Spoiler: Grey (click to show/hide)
« Last Edit: July 18, 2021, 09:49:15 pm by Fire and Glory »

BlackPaladin99

• Bay Watcher
  • The dark Knight of Eternity
    • View Profile
« Reply #541 on: July 18, 2021, 09:59:07 am »

I think a lot of your requests would best be actualized in another nyarlathotep shop.
I’m for this idea.
We're talking about partially sapient undead spaghetti here, you can probably instruct it to only strangle specific diners.

Ozarck

• Bay Watcher
  • DiceBane
    • View Profile
« Reply #542 on: July 18, 2021, 01:38:09 pm »

((@Cat @m1895 @Oz post your opinions ICly cowerds))

"I have no desire for any specific boon. Our job is to correct magical instabilities, not cause them, so magical doodads seem counterproductive to me.
And our home is quite enough for me as is, though the scenery is a tad ..."
Genesis glances around at the cavern walls, "lacking."

A_Curious_Cat

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #543 on: July 18, 2021, 04:58:24 pm »

((@Beirus:

((Btw, has Beirus seen this?))

))

((@Furry anGler:

I DO NOT herd cows!!!

))

"I propose we ask for some safe way to use our talents while we're here? so we can make nice things for ourselves when we aren't busy?"

Why would we need a supermarket?  Don’t our masters already provide us with everything we need?

Sounds nice. A chance to practice our magic without being in danger could theoretically help us become better mages

Why would practicing our magic in a store be better?

<snip>

“Practice is well and good, but I’d prefer something we can use in the field.”

”Some kind of boon for each of us, fitted to our talents, is what I think we can use.”

<snip>

Bones?  Don’t we already have those?

"I like the sound of an area to make things that could be useful to us in the field."

<snip>

Well, arias do sound good, but how would one help us?

<snip>

"If we're asking for objects, I'm in favour of anything that helps us get about places. Seven league boots, a vehicle we can fit the conduit in, anything like that."

<snip>

Why a boat?  Wouldn’t that limit where we could go?  Why not an airship?

"Why not ask for a font of Origin magic or pure magic. It'd probably only be a small quantity and have to refill between missions, but then we'd have a place to charge our Needles before missions. And I could use it to make magic belts for everyone!" Clearly Bob is more excited about the belt thing than the first part.

<snip>

Why does the magic have to be orange or purple?  An why would you be the one to make spells?  I thought your specialty was belts?!

<snip>

“If boons for each of us isn't a hot idea, I like the sound of boots to help us get around faster as well. One pair for every Homunculi, to be found in the cauldron room's box. Twice now we've started some ways away from where we're meant to go.”

<snip>

Why would we each need two boats?!  Wouldn’t a single one hold all of us?  Besides, I like the idea of an airship better!

<snip>

"I have no desire for any specific boon. Our job is to correct magical instabilities, not cause them, so magical doodads seem counterproductive to me.
And our home is quite enough for me as is, though the scenery is a tad ..."
Genesis glances around at the cavern walls, "lacking."

Magic WHATS?!!!  …Well tomes don’t usually speak, so, yes, they are pretty quiet.  You have to read them, you know! …Wait?!  what?!  The Toad!  Did it follow us here?!

Personally, I’m in favor of an airship.

Spoiler: The Speaker (click to show/hide)

Edit:  Faxed collar.
« Last Edit: July 18, 2021, 05:01:50 pm by A_Curious_Cat »
Really hoping somebody puts this in their signature.

Ozarck

• Bay Watcher
  • DiceBane
    • View Profile
« Reply #544 on: July 18, 2021, 05:04:55 pm »

"I'm glad you exist Speaker, but I also regret not letting you plummet to your death off the Toad's balcony."

Naturegirl1999

• Bay Watcher
  • Thank you TamerVirus for the avatar switcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #545 on: July 18, 2021, 06:50:16 pm »

"I'm glad you exist Speaker, but I also regret not letting you plummet to your death off the Toad's balcony."
why do you want to kill the Speaker? Did he steal stuff too?

Ozarck

• Bay Watcher
  • DiceBane
    • View Profile
« Reply #546 on: July 18, 2021, 08:09:24 pm »

Quote from: Naturegirl1999
Quote from: Ozarck
why do you want to kill the Speaker? Did he steal stuff too?
"Have you heard him speak?" Genesis pauses. "No, His brain's not quite right, but his stupidity did save my life. I have no desire to kill him. Just ... no real desire to prevent him from getting himself killed. Still don't know why I did."

Fire and Glory

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #547 on: July 18, 2021, 09:49:04 pm »

Grey ponders the various requests and wishes, and sees that the group is divided.

"Alright, I support the home improvement plan. A new addition to the base, tailored to support safe training and use of our various talents."

((Going to move my action into this post to keep them in the same place.))

Grey gives his answer. When all is said and done, Grey goes and pokes through the library to see if it contains any blank paper and writing implements.

Spoiler: Grey (click to show/hide)
« Last Edit: July 18, 2021, 09:54:07 pm by Fire and Glory »

King Zultan

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #548 on: July 19, 2021, 03:00:11 am »

"Did the Speaker fall on his head when he came out of the cauldron, I mean what's wrong with him?"
The Lawyer opens a briefcase. It's full of lemons, the justice fruit only lawyers may touch.
Make sure not to step on any errant blood stains before we find our LIFE EXTINGUSHER.
but anyway, if you'll excuse me, I need to commit sebbaku.
Quote from: Leodanny
Can I have the sword when you’re done?

Radio Controlled

• Bay Watcher
  • Morals? Ethics? Conscience? HA!
    • View Profile
« Reply #549 on: July 19, 2021, 03:18:52 am »

((He's called the Speaker rather than the Listener for a reason.))

Einsteinian Roulette Wiki
Quote from: you know who you are
21:26   <XYZ>: I know nothing about this, but I have strong opinions about it.
Fucking hell, you guys are worse than the demons.

Ozarck

• Bay Watcher
  • DiceBane
    • View Profile
« Reply #550 on: July 19, 2021, 03:33:07 am »

"Who knows? Why don't you ask the guy with the giant bone key jammed into his chest? I'm sure he'll give you an entertaining answer. Or maybe the guy with the deer's head."

King Zultan

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #551 on: July 19, 2021, 03:58:44 am »

"I'm the one that has the deer head, and I see nothing wrong with it."
The Lawyer opens a briefcase. It's full of lemons, the justice fruit only lawyers may touch.
Make sure not to step on any errant blood stains before we find our LIFE EXTINGUSHER.
but anyway, if you'll excuse me, I need to commit sebbaku.
Quote from: Leodanny
Can I have the sword when you’re done?

Ozarck

• Bay Watcher
  • DiceBane
    • View Profile
« Reply #552 on: July 19, 2021, 12:47:47 pm »

"I know."

piecewise

• Bay Watcher
  • [TORTURE_FOR_FUN]
    • View Profile
    • Stuff
« Reply #553 on: July 19, 2021, 02:49:19 pm »

Hmm. There's some consensus here, but nothing that stands out as far and away the winner. But I did see people talking about both Boons and equipment. So we're gonna go with this. Specifically I'm going to let you in on some information that will function in those capacities. 

1. Your gloves are woven with protective magic. It has three uses.  First, it functions like your robe to prevent harm through temperature differences and is also completely sealed and non-porous from the outside. Second, They naturally repel deleterious magics. This has its direct uses, ie letting you grab dangerous things, but can also be used to "Shove" magic out of yourself or others. Finally, if you cross your arms in front of you, overlapping the wrists, it will project a shield 180 degrees in front of you. Note that gloves are physically burnt up as they use up their power, so you can judge how much juice they have left.

2. Your needle has many unique capacities. You know it can absorb magic when you stab it into things, but it can also be "Charged" using your own magic. Unlike the other magic, which you convert into a sort of "Energy" that is then redirected as you wish, spells you put in are effectively saved and ready to be unleashed whenever you want.  Only one thing can be held at a time though. Second, and related, is the needle's ability to "Sew" magic and objects. Tap the end of the needle on one thing and the tip on the other and it will "Sew" them together. What this looks like will depend on what you're sewing. Be careful, these results are permanent.  Finally, the needles can be linked. Tap the eyes of two needles together three times and they will become linked by a thread. This thread is ethereal and will pass through walls and such, but can be grabbed and yanked by the needle's user. Yank the thread three times and anyone holding on to the needle will be transported to where the other needle is almost instantly.

Alright, you've got a few turns here before the next emergency. Do as you wish.
« Last Edit: July 19, 2021, 02:51:01 pm by piecewise »

A_Curious_Cat

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #554 on: July 19, 2021, 04:46:22 pm »

<snip>

Yank the thread three times and anyone holding on to the needle will be transported to where the other needle is almost instantly.

<snip>

((Does the person doing the yanking teleport to the other persons position, or does the other person teleport to the yanker’s position, or do the two people swap places?  Also, is it possible to link a needle with more than one other needle?  Also, if the thread is yanked, can the person holding the other needle detect it?  Finally, does the person have to be holding the needle to be teleported, or will the needle teleport without it’s owner?

Also, I think someone forgot to ask about telepathy or some other form of remote communication!))
Really hoping somebody puts this in their signature.
Pages: 1 ... 35 36 [37] 38 39 ... 116