Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 51 52 [53] 54 55 ... 69

Author Topic: Community Mods and utilities list.  (Read 1193347 times)

thistleknot

• Bay Watcher
  • Escaped Normalized Spreadsheet Berserker
    • View Profile
Re: Community Mods and utilities list.
« Reply #780 on: May 24, 2013, 02:36:13 pm »

I'm still a newb with modding, but I think at 3 weeks I've done a good job of merging two mods together (accelerated mod and civilization forge plus a few items from masterwork and some of my own changes).  I'd like to add it to the list as CivMWForge

http://www.bay12forums.com/smf/index.php?topic=125119.msg4177533#msg4177533

If you have permission to do such things like the mod merge I will gladly add this mod (I am sure the authors will give it, but I just like to make sure =)

I guess no approval then huh?

Meph

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • worldbicyclist
« Reply #781 on: May 24, 2013, 09:36:57 pm »

I know that thistleknot has both mine and Mepheanstars approval.
::: ☼Meph Tileset☼☼Map Tileset☼- 32x graphic sets with TWBT :::
::: ☼MASTERWORK DF☼ - A comprehensive mod pack now on Patreon - 250.000+ downloads and counting :::
::: WorldBicyclist.com - Follow my bike tours around the world - 148 countries visited :::

palu

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #782 on: May 27, 2013, 01:48:52 pm »

Hmph, palu showing off that reading-the-instructions superpower.
The internet encourages thoughtful, intelligent discussion and if you disagree I hate you.

profit

• Bay Watcher
  • Finely Crafted Engravings... Or it didn't happen.
    • View Profile
« Reply #783 on: May 29, 2013, 12:20:38 am »

I'm still a newb with modding, but I think at 3 weeks I've done a good job of merging two mods together (accelerated mod and civilization forge plus a few items from masterwork and some of my own changes).  I'd like to add it to the list as CivMWForge

http://www.bay12forums.com/smf/index.php?topic=125119.msg4177533#msg4177533

If you have permission to do such things like the mod merge I will gladly add this mod (I am sure the authors will give it, but I just like to make sure =)

I guess no approval then huh?

I know that thistleknot has both mine and Mepheanstars approval.

That's good enough for me.    This has been here long enough if anyone disapproved, they could have spoken up by now =)

Added 5/29/2013
Mods and the best utilities for dwarf fortress
Community Mods and utilities thread.

PeridexisErrant

• Bay Watcher
  • Dai stihó, Hrasht.
    • View Profile
« Reply #784 on: June 18, 2013, 07:33:03 pm »

Unofficial updated LNP - literally every single component from the classic LNP has been updated, and I included a bunch of other stuff too. 

AFAIK no one has a problem with properly credited redistribution, LucasUP is cool with LNP variants, and I'm happy to change stuff around if there is a problem. 
I maintain the DF Starter Pack - over a million downloads and still counting!
 Donations here.

profit

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #785 on: June 24, 2013, 04:34:46 pm »

Unofficial updated LNP - literally every single component from the classic LNP has been updated, and I included a bunch of other stuff too. 

AFAIK no one has a problem with properly credited redistribution, LucasUP is cool with LNP variants, and I'm happy to change stuff around if there is a problem.

Added.   6/24/2013

Just a reminder, I most of the time require a link to the thread not the file, but I saw it in your signature so you are good to go this time.   Just for future reference.

PeridexisErrant

• Bay Watcher
  • Dai stihó, Hrasht.
    • View Profile
« Reply #786 on: June 24, 2013, 07:43:18 pm »

Thanks - if I ever have something else that goes here, thread it is. 
 Donations here.

profit

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #787 on: June 25, 2013, 04:59:30 am »

On that note, by unanimous consent I would like to replace the original Lazy noob pack with the updated lazy noob pack, also I would like to replace Dwarf therapist with splinters version as the prime versions of these helper tools that are linked because the originals are kinda unmaintained as far as I can tell.   

Any opposition to this idea?  ( 6/25/2013 )
« Last Edit: June 25, 2013, 05:04:25 am by profit »

Meph

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • worldbicyclist
« Reply #788 on: June 25, 2013, 09:05:41 am »

+ for splinterz DT
+ for adv. LNP

I can also imagine that it would be worth waiting a week or two till Toady has figured out a nice way to organize the modding forum, and most authors had a chance to properly sort their threads into the childsboards, and only then update the links.
::: ☼MASTERWORK DF☼ - A comprehensive mod pack now on Patreon - 250.000+ downloads and counting :::
::: WorldBicyclist.com - Follow my bike tours around the world - 148 countries visited :::

Rose

• Bay Watcher
  • Resident Elf
    • View Profile
« Reply #789 on: June 25, 2013, 09:06:44 am »

Stonesense and Isoworld have been moved to sub-forums.

PeridexisErrant

• Bay Watcher
  • Dai stihó, Hrasht.
    • View Profile
« Reply #790 on: August 29, 2013, 08:21:49 pm »

The Macnewbie pack has had a similar third-party update to my LNP - worth including. 

There's a new cross-platform LNP gui - note though that this is only the gui, and includes no contents - complete packs based on it include (so far) my expanded LNP and fricy's MacNewbie reborn above; there's an open call for someone to maintain a Linux LNP.

My expanded LNP has also recently 'come of age', in that I feel it's a stable and established alternative to the classic LNP; #4 DLs/day could be an early spike, but #9 and rising for all-time most downloads on DFFD counts for something.  However, I'd not want the link to the classic version removed entirely - maybe something like '[Expanded Lazy Newb Pack], an updated and much expanded version of the outdated [classic LNP]'?

ResMar has created an excellent userguide for Splinterz DT (here). 

There are two great new graphics packs too; Obsidian and Spacefox

I think that's all; I'll probably remember other stuff I stuck in my LNP that's not listed later. 
 Donations here.

PeridexisErrant

• Bay Watcher
  • Dai stihó, Hrasht.
    • View Profile
« Reply #791 on: November 03, 2013, 01:12:19 am »

There's also a Lazy Newb Pack for Linux now. 

10-15-20-30 Embark size - there's a dfhack script "startdwarf #", which allows you to embark with any number of dwarves - might be worth noting here. 

And it feels kinda awkward, but I do think that the old LNP is truly obsolete now - even the LNP GUI itself has been replaced with an updated, cross-platform edition.
 Donations here.

profit

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #792 on: January 04, 2014, 01:18:30 am »

The Macnewbie pack has had a similar third-party update to my LNP - worth including. 
There's also a Lazy Newb Pack for Linux now. 

10-15-20-30 Embark size - there's a dfhack script "startdwarf #", which allows you to embark with any number of dwarves - might be worth noting here. 

And it feels kinda awkward, but I do think that the old LNP is truly obsolete now - even the LNP GUI itself has been replaced with an updated, cross-platform edition.

I have been watching the forums waiting for things to settle down a bit with the moving and creation of subforums.  I made some of the updates to the list, will probably do more sometime.

Meph

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • worldbicyclist
« Reply #793 on: January 04, 2014, 05:58:55 am »

I think the moving down has settled a bit. With deons and putnams mods and scripts in the mod-release and utility sections, I dont think there will be many changes anymore. Just phoebus still has his tileset-thread in the old modding section, he hasnt moved it to the tileset releases.

Knight Otu

• Bay Watcher
  • ☺4[
    • View Profile
« Reply #794 on: January 04, 2014, 11:00:30 am »

And moving a thread doesn't change the link anyway.
Direforged Original
Random Raw Scripts - Randomly generated Beasts , Vermin, Hags, Vampires, and Civilizations
Castle Otu
Pages: 1 ... 51 52 [53] 54 55 ... 69