Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 9252 9253 [9254] 9255 9256 ... 10994

Author Topic: Things that made you go "WTF?" today o_O  (Read 13539501 times)

dragdeler

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: Things that made you go "WTF?" today o_O
« Reply #138795 on: October 09, 2018, 03:41:51 pm »

-snip-
« Last Edit: January 18, 2019, 02:47:30 pm by dragdeler »
let

Eric Blank

• Bay Watcher
  • *Remain calm*
    • View Profile
« Reply #138796 on: October 09, 2018, 03:42:31 pm »

I mean, you're not wrong. Dinosaurs roam the earth with man even now.

And theyre delicious.
I make Spellcrafts!
I have no idea where anything is. I have no idea what anything does. This is not merely a madhouse designed by a madman, but a madhouse designed by many madmen, each with an intense hatred for the previous madman's unique flavour of madness.

Rolan7

• Bay Watcher
  • [GUE'VESA][BONECARN]
    • View Profile
« Reply #138797 on: October 09, 2018, 03:54:24 pm »

Or B12 deficiency!
It's a tragically common ailment, considering how easily it's cured.  Supplement pills, brewers yeast, or this very forum.  Informing people is the key.
She/they
No justice: no peace.
Quote from: Fallen London, one Unthinkable Hope
This one didn't want to be who they was. On the Surface – it was a dull, unconsidered sadness. But everything changed. Which implied everything could change.

Ulfarr

• Bay Watcher
  • Going on a pilgrimage to Mars
    • View Profile
« Reply #138798 on: October 09, 2018, 04:14:24 pm »

For a long time, fermentation in general was less about alcohol and more about the fact that even the low concentrations made the liquids safe to drink, wasn't it? Or is that misinformation?

That's what I was always told.  And that "wine" as we hear about in the Bible was heavily diluted, since it was a means of disease-resistant hydration.

I believe that it has some truth to it with the main reasons being:

1) High alcohol concetration is fatal for a lot of organisms. How much is high, depends on the organism, ie most winemaking yeasts can tolerate about 10-15% ABV while most of those used milk fermentation can tolerate about 1-2%. It's reasonable to asume that certain organisms, that are harmful to humans, will also have an upper limit to alcohol.

2) During the fermentation proccess, a lot of the easiest/common nutrients (sugars) will be depleted. By doing so in a controlled enviroment you can prevent the growth of any organism that would make your food completely inedible.
Bring Kobold Kamp to LNP! graphics compatibility fix.

So the conclusion I'm getting here is that we use QSPs because dwarves can't pilot submarines.

ChairmanPoo

• Bay Watcher
  • Send in the clowns
    • View Profile
« Reply #138799 on: October 09, 2018, 04:20:04 pm »

Or B12 deficiency!
It's a tragically common ailment, considering how easily it's cured.  Supplement pills, brewers yeast, or this very forum.  Informing people is the key.
Or not abusing booze. I kind of want to scare hanslada into not abusing booze. It's a future investment
There's two kinds of performance reviews: the one you make they don't read, the one they make whilst they sharpen their daggers
Everyone sucks at everything. Until they don't. Not sucking is a product of time invested.

dragdeler

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #138800 on: October 09, 2018, 04:29:50 pm »

-snip-
« Last Edit: January 18, 2019, 02:46:58 pm by dragdeler »
let

Khan Boyzitbig

• Bay Watcher
  • [THOUGHTS:CHAOTIC] [ACTUALLY A SWAN]
    • View Profile
« Reply #138801 on: October 09, 2018, 04:36:10 pm »

The thing about abusing booze is it abuses you right back, and eventually the booze wins.
////;::;\\\\ Scuttle Scuttle...

Milk for the Khorneflakes!

Luminous Bolt of Bacon
"Excuse me sir, You are on Fire."

Hanslanda

• Bay Watcher
  • Baal's More Evil American Twin
    • View Profile
« Reply #138802 on: October 09, 2018, 04:42:51 pm »

Or B12 deficiency!
Or not abusing booze. I kind of want to scare hanslada into not abusing booze. It's a future investment

I cut way back recently. I'm down to 1-3 beers after 5 and like 6 or so shots, spread out over the day. I'm trying to cut back even farther to just a few beers at night. I only have maybe 5 shots left then no more hard liquor.
Well, we could put two and two together and write a book: "The Shit that Hans and Max Did: You Won't Believe This Shit."
He's fucking with us.

Caz

• Bay Watcher
  • [PREFSTRING:comforting whirs]
    • View Profile
« Reply #138803 on: October 09, 2018, 05:40:11 pm »

1) High alcohol concetration is fatal for a lot of organisms. How much is high, depends on the organism, ie most winemaking yeasts can tolerate about 10-15% ABV while most of those used milk fermentation can tolerate about 1-2%. It's reasonable to asume that certain organisms, that are harmful to humans, will also have an upper limit to alcohol.

Humans themselves can only tolerate 0.5%.

Yoink

• Bay Watcher
  • OKAY, FINE.
    • View Profile
« Reply #138804 on: October 09, 2018, 05:47:21 pm »

As the phone camera goes flying, you can hear him screeching 'I was aiming for the phone'.
If it's the guy I'm thinking of, I'm pretty sure he has since owned his actions and even gloated about it.

I was going to put a funny and relevant picture here, but apparently embedding images straight from Google's share option doesn't work.
My alternatives are, what? The endless cancer of Imgur or the archaic Captcha-use of Tinypic, neither of which are exactly a joy to deal with on my phone.
Also I just woke up and my time could be better spent getting up and acquiring breakfast.
Booze is Life for Yoink

To deprive him of Drink is to steal divinity from God.
you need to reconsider your life
If there's any cause worth dying for, it's memes.

dragdeler

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #138805 on: October 09, 2018, 05:49:58 pm »

-snip-
« Last Edit: January 18, 2019, 02:50:53 pm by dragdeler »
let

Hanslanda

• Bay Watcher
  • Baal's More Evil American Twin
    • View Profile
« Reply #138806 on: October 09, 2018, 05:50:17 pm »

IIRC the LD50 is about .4 BAC, but I've heard stories of extreme alcoholics that survived up to 1% BAC with medical intervention.
Well, we could put two and two together and write a book: "The Shit that Hans and Max Did: You Won't Believe This Shit."
He's fucking with us.

dragdeler

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #138807 on: October 09, 2018, 05:57:05 pm »

-snip-
« Last Edit: January 18, 2019, 02:50:39 pm by dragdeler »
let

Kagus

• Bay Watcher
  • Olive oil. Don't you?
    • View Profile
« Reply #138808 on: October 09, 2018, 06:14:31 pm »

IIRC the LD50 is about .4 BAC, but I've heard stories of extreme alcoholics that survived up to 1% BAC with medical intervention.

The occasional polish truck driver even does his job in that state (not to make generalizations but I vaguely remember some florida man-esque news story)

So do I. If I remember correctly, he was pulled over for some out-of-date registration on his truck, not because the cops noticed anything untoward with his driving. According to the breathalyzer, he was dead.

Rolan7

• Bay Watcher
  • [GUE'VESA][BONECARN]
    • View Profile
« Reply #138809 on: October 09, 2018, 06:37:17 pm »

I think you mean that it'll produce a bottle of pure water and giddyness-
Wait, it's Eastern Europe
Potable water and acceptance of the situation.
She/they
No justice: no peace.
Quote from: Fallen London, one Unthinkable Hope
This one didn't want to be who they was. On the Surface – it was a dull, unconsidered sadness. But everything changed. Which implied everything could change.
Pages: 1 ... 9252 9253 [9254] 9255 9256 ... 10994