Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 9483 9484 [9485] 9486 9487 ... 10993

Author Topic: Things that made you go "WTF?" today o_O  (Read 13521309 times)

MrRoboto75

• Bay Watcher
  • Belongs in the Trash!
    • View Profile
Re: Things that made you go "WTF?" today o_O
« Reply #142260 on: January 28, 2019, 04:03:45 pm »

Moving isn't free.
Nothing is. But neither is it especially dear.

If I was gainfully employed enough to afford to move right now, I wouldn't need to move for employment.

Its the default solution to unemployment, why don't they just up and go to the jobs or get the training.  Its only a solution insofar as we outright ignore the logistics of it all.  It reality, if it actually worked, they would have done it already.
I consume
I purchase
I consume again

Il Palazzo

• Bay Watcher
  • And lo, the Dude did abide. And it was good.
    • View Profile
« Reply #142261 on: January 28, 2019, 04:10:10 pm »

I'm just saying. I've been there myself, I moved more times I can count. Shit's not easy, but neither is staying in a place that isn't working out for you anyway.

Kagus

• Bay Watcher
  • Olive oil. Don't you?
    • View Profile
« Reply #142262 on: January 28, 2019, 04:10:16 pm »

Just mount up on the ol' covered wagon and head west, out Californee-way.

Rolan7

• Bay Watcher
  • [GUE'VESA][BONECARN]
    • View Profile
« Reply #142263 on: January 28, 2019, 05:59:33 pm »

My housemate's friend last night went on for a while about how the old days weren't all bad (admitting that racism "was" bad, but complaining that people still bring it up) because he's afraid he'll get arrested for hitting on women.  Like, he thinks that if they aren't interested (which they supposedly won't, because he doesn't have biceps (he's completely average!)) then they're likely to accuse him of harassment.

It got a bit less awkward once my housemate showed up, and we tried to explain that very few women are actually like that.  Was pretty uncomfortable though.  It also turned out that the specific context was a pair of very sexy young women he'd seen at the mall.  He was supposedly complaining about women in general, but he was *actually* complaining that he didn't think these super-hot women would go for him.

Our advice was basically to practice chatting with women.  Maybe, like, not with courtship as the only goal.  Meeting people's a good skill, and sometimes sparks fly after that initial contact.
Inb4 he does this, of course.  I just mean making smalltalk, reading body language, *then* maybe asking for a date.

But eh I haven't dated in years so I'm talking out my butt.  I just kinda like chatting with strangers then never seeing them again, occasionally.  I think I'm ready to date, but I'll be looking for LGBT people which is apparently less busywork.
She/they
No justice: no peace.
Quote from: Fallen London, one Unthinkable Hope
This one didn't want to be who they was. On the Surface – it was a dull, unconsidered sadness. But everything changed. Which implied everything could change.

Kagus

• Bay Watcher
  • Olive oil. Don't you?
    • View Profile
« Reply #142264 on: January 28, 2019, 06:06:09 pm »

It's less about the biceps, and more about the triceps. Go full Popeye on 'em, and he'll be drowning in shrimp salad.

...really though, do show forearms. Don't go full Popeye.

Steelmagic

• Bay Watcher
  • Insanity makes everything fun!
    • View Profile
« Reply #142265 on: January 28, 2019, 06:35:45 pm »

It's been more or less confirmed that my brother's girlfriend drank all of my whisky. This is absurd, as she didn't even ask me.
When i say "I'm no expert but..." It means "I have no idea what the hell I'm talking about but I'm going to try to sound like i do."

ChairmanPoo

• Bay Watcher
  • Send in the clowns
    • View Profile
« Reply #142266 on: January 28, 2019, 06:38:31 pm »

Ignore all previous posters, OP.  You have to tell her the right words. Be confident, smile, walk up to her, and whisper in her ear...
There's two kinds of performance reviews: the one you make they don't read, the one they make whilst they sharpen their daggers
Everyone sucks at everything. Until they don't. Not sucking is a product of time invested.

Yoink

• Bay Watcher
  • OKAY, FINE.
    • View Profile
« Reply #142267 on: January 28, 2019, 06:41:13 pm »

It's been more or less confirmed that my brother's girlfriend drank all of my whisky. This is absurd, as she didn't even ask me.
Be careful. Don't confront her or she might call the cops on you for harassment. :P
Booze is Life for Yoink

To deprive him of Drink is to steal divinity from God.
you need to reconsider your life
If there's any cause worth dying for, it's memes.

Castlecliff

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #142268 on: January 28, 2019, 07:13:06 pm »

Dbs broly was ok

Dunamisdeos

• Bay Watcher
  • Duggin was the hero we needed.
    • View Profile
« Reply #142269 on: January 28, 2019, 07:20:43 pm »

I'm told that it was very good in terms of animation. I have seen none of it.
FACT I: Post note art is best art.
FACT II: Dunamisdeos is a forum-certified wordsmith.
FACT III: "All life begins with Post-it notes and ends with Post-it notes. This is the truth! This is my belief!...At least for now."
FACT IV: SPEECHO THE TRUSTWORM IS YOUR FRIEND or BEHOLD: THE FRUIT ENGINE 3.0

Sirus

• Bay Watcher
  • Resident trucker/goddess/ex-president.
    • View Profile
« Reply #142270 on: January 28, 2019, 07:23:03 pm »

The Team Four Star guys seemed to really enjoy it, at least, but they're (obviously) huge nerds about the subject matter.
Quote from: Max White
And lo! Sirus did drive his mighty party truck unto Vegas, and it was good.

Star Wars: Age of Rebellion OOC Thread

Shadow of the Demon Lord - OOC Thread - IC Thread

Dunamisdeos

• Bay Watcher
  • Duggin was the hero we needed.
    • View Profile
« Reply #142271 on: January 28, 2019, 07:25:14 pm »

I think it would have to be really, really bad for them to say anything bad about it.

They do actual official DBZ voice acting these days, after all.
FACT I: Post note art is best art.
FACT II: Dunamisdeos is a forum-certified wordsmith.
FACT III: "All life begins with Post-it notes and ends with Post-it notes. This is the truth! This is my belief!...At least for now."
FACT IV: SPEECHO THE TRUSTWORM IS YOUR FRIEND or BEHOLD: THE FRUIT ENGINE 3.0

Sirus

• Bay Watcher
  • Resident trucker/goddess/ex-president.
    • View Profile
« Reply #142272 on: January 28, 2019, 07:28:00 pm »

I mean, they did have a few criticisms. Mostly about some occasional jarring 3D animation. But overall they seemed to like it.

Mind, I only watched their spoiler-free review. Maybe in their full and frank review they were more harsh.
Quote from: Max White
And lo! Sirus did drive his mighty party truck unto Vegas, and it was good.

Star Wars: Age of Rebellion OOC Thread

Shadow of the Demon Lord - OOC Thread - IC Thread

Jopax

• Bay Watcher
  • Cat on a hat
    • View Profile
« Reply #142273 on: January 28, 2019, 08:45:00 pm »

Atomic Heart

First wtf is the thing itself, like, what kind of goddamn drugs do these east european devs do to come up with this shit (and where can I find said drugs), second and more important wtf is, how in the fuck did I not see this before now :V
"my batteries are low and it's getting dark"
AS - IG

Parsely

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • My games!
« Reply #142274 on: January 28, 2019, 10:38:07 pm »

Really my grievance is that, that's what modern life IS now.  Job hunting is exactly the same.  You carpet bomb the entire local area in resumes, and even getting A RESPONSE, not even a positive one, a response is a miracle at all.  And there's just no alternative anymore, it just shouting at brick walls all the way down until you discover there's no place for you in modern society and finally just off yourself.
Not for me. No matter what I say though I'm sure you can think of a way to rationalize it that ignores my experience and supports your negative outlook though
Pages: 1 ... 9483 9484 [9485] 9486 9487 ... 10993