Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 615 616 [617] 618 619 ... 709

Author Topic: How did you last *own*?  (Read 1292922 times)

Egan_BW

• Bay Watcher
  • "Lest he be compelled to labor."
    • View Profile
Re: How did you last *own*?
« Reply #9240 on: February 05, 2019, 02:31:22 pm »

And it's a FPS with most of the same guns and some of the same movement. :P
It is good to choose your battles. It is better to choose your wars.

Mephisto

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #9241 on: February 05, 2019, 02:53:17 pm »

It was originally titled "Titanfall Battle Royale" so I think I'm justified in calling it a Titanfall game.

SOLDIER First

• Bay Watcher
  • Trans fucking rights, baby.
    • View Profile
« Reply #9242 on: February 05, 2019, 04:35:34 pm »

It's a Titanfall game because it's set in the Titanfall universe, but it isn't a Titanfall game because many of the core mechanics Titanfall is most known for are altered or removed.

Like Fallout/2 and Fallout Tactics.
Black lives matter.

KitRougard

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #9243 on: February 05, 2019, 09:56:25 pm »

Destiny 2, playing Gambit with my dad, my uncle, and some matchmaking random. We were 1 to 1, deciding round was going. Opponents summoned their Primeval (the big boss you have to kill to win a round) first, and although we were close behind, they got their melt (high DPS) on, and had it to 1/8 while we were just starting the melt at 3/4. I figure I'll go out swinging, and I invade (PvP, disrupts opponents while healing their Primeval).

I get 1
3 kills on their team. I don't get the 4-piece, because my kills bought my team just enough time to get the kill first. We won, and much congratulations and "Oh my god that work you just put in" were to be had.

This was also my first "meatball" (A rare Primeval spawn that starts an Exotic quest line.) round. So there's that.

They laughed when they saw my bow. I laugh now that they have no eyes to see.
Scream all you want
They don't understand
Your Comic Sans font
A language of another land

Hanslanda

• Bay Watcher
  • Baal's More Evil American Twin
    • View Profile
« Reply #9244 on: February 06, 2019, 06:34:52 am »

I did both. Turns out I was confused on Empire placement. The Mrrshan are in the galactic east, Klackon and single surviving Bulrathi planet in the west, me and the subsumed Humans in the south, with my empire squeezing through the middle, and the Silicoids to the north. I've taken over half of the extensive Silicoid empire, took Ursa from the Bulrathi and burnt the rest, a small outlier planet named Lyae was traded to me by the Mrrshan in exchange for the life of a spy and I'm busily building a jumpgate so I can bring my 2200/2500 titan to their doorstep.

Not only is there no single threat to me, there hasn't been for a long time, and even if they all banded together, I STILL would mop the floor with them.

MoO
Well, we could put two and two together and write a book: "The Shit that Hans and Max Did: You Won't Believe This Shit."
He's fucking with us.

Mathel

• Bay Watcher
  • A weird guy.
    • View Profile
« Reply #9245 on: February 06, 2019, 06:56:48 am »

I made an am using a spell to troll humanoids.

Damage Strength 10 to 10 for 10s on target. It makes them have too low strength to move with their own equipment. I am not entirely sure, whether it would work on animals though.

Elder Scrolls III: Morrowind
The shield beats the sword.
Urge to drink milk while eating steak wrapped with bacon rising...
Outer planes are not subject to any laws of physics that would prevent them from doing their job.
Better than the heavenly host eating your soul.

Kagus

• Bay Watcher
  • Olive oil. Don't you?
    • View Profile
« Reply #9246 on: February 06, 2019, 07:34:30 am »

MoO
The Bulrathi, out of the mercy in their hearts, are still willing to give you one last chance to surrender unconditionally.

Akura

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #9247 on: February 08, 2019, 06:26:57 am »

Got pretty lucky, found an asteroid with uranium, ice, silicon, and gold right away. Also immediately found asteroids containing nearly everything else nearby.

Spoiler (click to show/hide)
They asked me how well I understood theoretical physics. I told them I had a theoretical degree in physics. They said welcome aboard.
... Yes, the hugs are for everyone.  No stabbing, though.  Just hugs.

Hanslanda

• Bay Watcher
  • Baal's More Evil American Twin
    • View Profile
« Reply #9248 on: February 08, 2019, 07:00:09 am »

MoO
The Bulrathi, out of the mercy in their hearts, are still willing to give you one last chance to surrender unconditionally.

The only time I ever got out-classed in the old MoO2, a galactic vote allied the universe against me. A titanic and impossible fleet of doom stars was raised. No hope of defeating them militarily.

So I made a titan for each world they owned solely equipped with a Subspace Teleporter, Phasing and regular cloak, and a shitpile of guns + stellar converter. I then jumped into battles outnumbered 100 to one, assassinated their planets, and retreated immediately.

That's right, I performed a Butlerian Jihad. I won that match. By scorching ALL the Earth.
Well, we could put two and two together and write a book: "The Shit that Hans and Max Did: You Won't Believe This Shit."
He's fucking with us.

CABL

• Bay Watcher
  • Has a fetish for voring the rich
    • View Profile
« Reply #9249 on: February 09, 2019, 11:13:34 am »

Beat the game yesterday. That certainly was an experience.

Spoiler (click to show/hide)
Pounded in the Butt by my own Government... oh wait, that's real life.

Much less active than I used to be on these forums, but I still visit them on occasion. Will probably resume my activity in full once Dwarf Fortress will be released on Steam.

Mech#4

• Bay Watcher
  • (ಠ_ృ) Like a sir.
    • View Profile
« Reply #9250 on: February 09, 2019, 12:25:15 pm »

Reports had come in that the Belis Corona system was expecting a massive invasion by a Tyranid Hivefleet. Meeting this most foul xenos threat was Lord High Admiral Spire, backed up by a second Imperial fleet as well as several cruisers from the Blood Angels chapter.

The following battle was tense, the first sighting of the Tyranid Hiveship class battleship. Early efforts to hold the Tyranids off at a distance, spending the time firing lancers at long range as well as gathering important strategic information about the positioning of the Tyranid ships went well. However, as the battle raged on the crews of several ships started to faulter as their numbers dwindled from boarding actions.

A pivital moment was when the Tyranid Hiveship managed to capture and devour the standing crew on Lord High Admiral Spire's capital ship, leaving it drifting. In a selfless action that shall be recorded amongst the greatest heroes of the Imperium, a Dauntless class light cruiser, upon seeing their Admiral's ship drifting, performed an about turn, facing down the Tyranid hiveship and other vessels closing in, activated All Ahead Full and Brace For Impact and plowed straight into the Hiveships gaping maw. The impact spurred the other Tyranid ships to close on the Dauntless, devouring their crew but not before the brave captain could activate self destruct, bringing the Hiveship and no less then 4 other Tyranid vessels to firey destruction in the ensuring blast.

The battle was far from over, however. More Tyranid ships were closing in and the survivors rallied and begun repairs for the renewed assault. Indentifying key targets once more using auger probes, no less than two more Hiveships were detected. Lord High Admiral Spire, with a skeleton crew aboard, turned to face the greater of the two Hiveships, intent on severing the Tyranids synaptic link.
The battle was failing however, more ships were lost, crews devoured and replaced by tiny remnants, torpedo supplies were low and control of the battlefield was flagging. Just upon the cusp of defeat all ships turned to give one final push to expel the Tyranid threat, either death or glory as they braced for impact. Upon closing in the Tyranid ships surged forward, ramming into their own Hiveships and destroying themselves in their eagerness to feed.

The battle was won moments from defeat. The Emperors blessing was with us this day.

Battlefleet Gothic: Armada 2
« Last Edit: February 09, 2019, 09:39:05 pm by Mech#4 »
Kaypy:Adamantine in a poorly defended fortress is the royal equivalent of an unclaimed sock on a battlefield.

Here's a thread listing Let's Players found on the internet. Feel free to add.
List of Notable Mods. Feel free to add.

hector13

• Bay Watcher
  • It’s shite being Scottish
    • View Profile
« Reply #9251 on: February 09, 2019, 01:10:06 pm »

* hector13 casts meteor
Look, we need to raise a psychopath who will murder God, we have no time to be spending on cooking.

the way your fingertips plant meaningless soliloquies makes me think you are the true evil among us.

AzyWng

• Bay Watcher
  • Just one of many
    • View Profile
« Reply #9252 on: February 09, 2019, 03:29:44 pm »

Clearly the game in question is Hunt Down The Freeman.

Haspen

• Bay Watcher
  • Cthuwu
    • View Profile
« Reply #9253 on: February 09, 2019, 04:52:28 pm »

Nah pretty sure its Stardew Valley: Enhanced Edition.
SigFlags!
Quote from: Draignean@Spamkingdom+
Truly, we have the most uniquely talented spy network in all existence.
Quote from: mightymushroom@Spamkingdom#
Please tell me the Royal Physician didn't go to the same college as the Spymaster.

Teneb

• Bay Watcher
  • (they/them) Penguin rebellion
    • View Profile
« Reply #9254 on: February 09, 2019, 05:56:56 pm »

Nah pretty sure its Stardew Valley: Enhanced Edition.

Must've been its DLC, ATLAS.
Monstrous Manual: D&D in DF
Quote from: Tack
What if “slammed in the ass by dead philosophers” is actually the thing which will progress our culture to the next step?
Pages: 1 ... 615 616 [617] 618 619 ... 709