Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 43 44 [45] 46 47 ... 67

Author Topic: The Hall of Legends  (Read 593799 times)

mastahcheese

• Bay Watcher
  • Now with 20% less sanity and trans fat!
    • View Profile
Re: The Hall of Legends
« Reply #660 on: October 25, 2013, 12:50:08 am »

I'll plus one to Necrothreat, if I hadn't already.

If I have, then +1 to the second one.
Oh look, I have a steam account.
Might as well chalk it up to Pathos.
As this point we might as well invoke interpretive dance and call it a day.
The Derail Thread

TD1

• Bay Watcher
  • Childe Roland to the Dark Tower Came
    • View Profile
« Reply #661 on: October 25, 2013, 05:22:44 am »

If you haven't that's great. If you have it means you nominate Necrothreat II- http://www.bay12forums.com/smf/index.php?topic=120751.0

Also, If you don't nominate it I will, so this is a nomination.

Do we have a story reason for forumites to keep coming back, or is it better to keep giving them new names?

Story, man. Story. We might be overdoing it a bit, but hell. In this place, being revived is a curse, not a blessing.

So, let me get this straight. I have been the play-thing of gods and their vampire servants, I have led the unwashed masses into a new age of splendour and military accomplishment. I have died, and risen again. The power of flame and sword, of divine wrath itself, was not enough to stop me. I have battled zombies, had their grasping hands inches from my neck and still come out on top. My influence helped to purge the spirits of the undead from the halls of the fortress and returned a fellow being back into the halls of life. I spat in the eye of Armok himself!
All that, I have done. I have seen the rise and fall of many suns and moons, the turning of the world and one season blending into another in a dizzying blend. And it all ends in a muddy field with a bloody yak goring me. In true Necrothreat spirit, what a Troll
These two quotes sum it up, I think. The second one I'm a wee bit biased on, 'cause I wrote it, but I think it puts across the message.
« Last Edit: October 25, 2013, 05:29:15 am by Th4DwArfY1 »
Life before death, strength before weakness, journey before destination
  TD1 has claimed the title of Penblessed the Endless Fountain of Epics!
Sigtext!
Poetry Thread

highmax28

• Bay Watcher
  • I think this is what they call a tantrum spiral...
    • View Profile
« Reply #662 on: October 25, 2013, 08:47:28 am »

If you haven't that's great. If you have it means you nominate Necrothreat II- http://www.bay12forums.com/smf/index.php?topic=120751.0

Do we have a story reason for forumites to keep coming back, or is it better to keep giving them new names?

Story, man. Story. We might be overdoing it a bit, but hell. In this place, being revived is a curse, not a blessing.

So, let me get this straight. I have been the play-thing of gods and their vampire servants, I have led the unwashed masses into a new age of splendour and military accomplishment. I have died, and risen again. The power of flame and sword, of divine wrath itself, was not enough to stop me. I have battled zombies, had their grasping hands inches from my neck and still come out on top. My influence helped to purge the spirits of the undead from the halls of the fortress and returned a fellow being back into the halls of life. I spat in the eye of Armok himself!
All that, I have done. I have seen the rise and fall of many suns and moons, the turning of the world and one season blending into another in a dizzying blend. And it all ends in a muddy field with a bloody yak goring me. In true Necrothreat spirit, what a Troll
These two quotes sum it up, I think. The second one I'm a wee bit biased on, 'cause I wrote it, but I think it puts across the message.
I'm a little confused of the Nomination process, but I give a +1 or a second for it if that's needed(?)
just shot him with a balistic arrow, i think he will get stuned from that >.>

"Guardian" and Sigfriend Of Necrothreat
Jee wilikers, I think Highmax is near invulnerable, must have been dunked in the river styx like achilles was.
Just make sure he wears a boot.

monk12

• Bay Watcher
  • Sorry, I AM a coyote
    • View Profile
« Reply #663 on: December 05, 2013, 01:01:53 pm »

Necrothreat was pretty good, I'll +1
Giving Necrothreat a +1. Both the mod and the fort were pretty entertaining, though it feels like it ended prematurely.

Votes added! Necrotheat has been inducted into the Hall of Legends! *dadurrrrr*

Necrothreat II has been nominated! And, since it is now December, it is also eligible to receive votes! If you think this thread is worthy of induction into the Hall of Legends, vote now!

That's about it for this month, and we have some quiet months ahead too, I reckon. Happy fortressing!

mastahcheese

• Bay Watcher
  • Now with 20% less sanity and trans fat!
    • View Profile
« Reply #664 on: December 05, 2013, 02:05:55 pm »

+1 to necrothreat 2!
Oh look, I have a steam account.
Might as well chalk it up to Pathos.
As this point we might as well invoke interpretive dance and call it a day.
The Derail Thread

TD1

• Bay Watcher
  • Childe Roland to the Dark Tower Came
    • View Profile
« Reply #665 on: December 05, 2013, 02:09:19 pm »

Life before death, strength before weakness, journey before destination
  TD1 has claimed the title of Penblessed the Endless Fountain of Epics!
Sigtext!
Poetry Thread

highmax28

• Bay Watcher
  • I think this is what they call a tantrum spiral...
    • View Profile
« Reply #666 on: December 05, 2013, 02:37:38 pm »

+1 to necrothreat II! Let chaos reign!
just shot him with a balistic arrow, i think he will get stuned from that >.>

"Guardian" and Sigfriend Of Necrothreat
Jee wilikers, I think Highmax is near invulnerable, must have been dunked in the river styx like achilles was.
Just make sure he wears a boot.

NAV

• Bay Watcher
  • I have an idea!
    • View Profile
« Reply #667 on: December 07, 2013, 11:26:14 am »

+1 Necrothreat II. 
Highmax…dead, flesh torn from him, though his skill with the sword was unmatched…military…Nearly destroyed .. Rhunorah... dead... Mastahcheese returns...dead. Gaul...alive, still locked in combat. NAV...Alive, drinking booze....
The face on the toaster does not look like one of mercy.

MDFification

• Bay Watcher
  • Hammerer at Law
    • View Profile
« Reply #668 on: December 26, 2013, 09:46:14 pm »

I'll nominate Wirejade if it hasn't been nominated already. If it has, sorry, didn't see it.

Here is Wirejade. Wirejade begins with hell being breached as a means of damage control. Loosing hundreds of dwarfs however is no obstacle. The fort is painstakingly stabilized, expanded, and the fight to recapture the lower levels of Wirejade begins. Where it last left off, testing was underway involving weaponizing minecarts full of mundane animals.
So, to sum it up, uncomfortable levels of fun, dwarfs dropping by the hundreds, ridiculous weapon engineering - everything you could need or want in a fort.
« Last Edit: January 04, 2014, 07:45:07 pm by MDFification »

4maskwolf

• Bay Watcher
  • 4mask always angle, do figure his!
    • View Profile
« Reply #669 on: December 27, 2013, 01:43:27 am »

I'm going to nominate Steelhold.

Steelhold, found here and here, is a twice-born succession fortress that, at first, looks like just another penal colony.  However, there is so much more going on behind the scenes.  A demon cultist, a dwarf with an ancient artifact, the daughter of a mad scientist, the son of a deranged baron, a brilliant and crafty engineer, and a ruthless gang leader: all play a delicate game of politics, as the fate of the fortress and the world hangs in the balance.  None know the full plans of their competitors, and their alliances are temporary and of convenience.

In a phrase: "Welcome to Steelhold, good luck keeping your sanity, let alone your immortal soul."
« Last Edit: December 27, 2013, 01:47:39 am by 4maskwolf »

Gnorm

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #670 on: December 27, 2013, 02:12:22 am »

+1 to Steelhold!
And we were this close to yet another victim of Gnorm, the Overseer Killer.

Rhaken

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #671 on: December 27, 2013, 02:31:21 am »

Of course, he may have simply crushed the forgotten beasts with his massive testicles.

Forget a spouse, he needs a full time gonad wrangler.

MDFification

• Bay Watcher
  • Hammerer at Law
    • View Profile
« Reply #672 on: December 27, 2013, 12:45:05 pm »

Trif

• Bay Watcher
  • the Not-Quite-So-Great-as-Toady One
    • View Profile
« Reply #673 on: December 27, 2013, 02:44:22 pm »

You can start voting for a story one month after it's been nominated.
Quote from: Toady One
I wonder if the game has become odd.

MDFification

• Bay Watcher
  • Hammerer at Law
    • View Profile
« Reply #674 on: December 27, 2013, 06:27:04 pm »

You can start voting for a story one month after it's been nominated.

ALSO what he said!
Pages: 1 ... 43 44 [45] 46 47 ... 67