Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 423 424 [425] 426 427 ... 845

Author Topic: Random Things you drew/shopped/made/etc.  (Read 1283138 times)

Darkmere

• Bay Watcher
  • Exploding me won't bring back your honey.
    • View Profile
Re: Random Things you drew/shopped/made/etc.
« Reply #6360 on: January 08, 2016, 12:36:43 am »

I haven't seen anything like these here, so despite the "OGM DO NOT SHARE" nature of practice I'm gonna share anyway. I'm a mavericky rebel lone wolf. Here are a couple dissection exercises from the lessons I'm reading online. The idea is kind of a texture study mixed with wrapping around 3D forms and blah blah. I blanked my own notes in case anyone wants to guess what I failed to capture here.

Spoiler: The older one (click to show/hide)

Spoiler: And the recent one (click to show/hide)

Both are Staedtler fineliners on 24-lb printer paper. Nothing fancy.
And then, they will be weaponized. Like everything in this game, from kittens to babies, everything is a potential device of murder.
So if baseless speculation is all we have, we might as well treat it like fact.

Cheesecake

• Bay Watcher
  • Hello.
    • View Profile
« Reply #6361 on: January 08, 2016, 07:25:17 am »

^^ You can definitely see an improvement, good on you Darkmere! The watermelon (I think it is :p ) in the newest one looks a bit wonky, at the end bit. Keep practicing!

Spoiler: Bit spooky (click to show/hide)

Some ideas I had regarding people's (and by that I mean my) over-reliance and dependence on technology.
I wish I could unwatch a thread because every time I look at this I can feel myself dying faster
Dying of laughter?
Dying of pure unbridled hatred, actually.

Kot

• Bay Watcher
  • 2 Patriotic 4 U
    • View Profile
    • Tiny Pixel Soldiers
« Reply #6362 on: January 08, 2016, 08:29:17 am »

Spooky scary servitors, sending shivs down your spine. Shrieking drills will shock your soul, seal your doom tonight. Spooky scary servitors, speak with such a screech, you'll shake and shudder in surprise,w hen you hear these guns shriek.
Kot finishes his morning routine in the same way he always does, by burning a scale replica of Saint Basil's Cathedral on the windowsill.

Comrade P.

• Bay Watcher
  • For space is wide and good friends are too few
    • View Profile
« Reply #6363 on: January 08, 2016, 08:53:40 am »

Spooky scary servitors, sending shivs down your spine. Shrieking drills will shock your soul, seal your doom tonight. Spooky scary servitors, speak with such a screech, you'll shake and shudder in surprise,w hen you hear these guns shriek.

I see what you are doing there.
Sigs

Nobody exists on purpose. Nobody belongs anywhere. Everybody’s gonna die. Come watch TV?

Darkmere

• Bay Watcher
  • Exploding me won't bring back your honey.
    • View Profile
« Reply #6364 on: January 08, 2016, 11:21:12 am »

^^ You can definitely see an improvement, good on you Darkmere! The watermelon (I think it is :p ) in the newest one looks a bit wonky, at the end bit. Keep practicing!

Some ideas I had regarding people's (and by that I mean my) over-reliance and dependence on technology.

Thanks! I should have actually posted my references I think. Delicata squash!

Spoiler (click to show/hide)

Can I ask where you get references for the little servo caterpillar arms? All I can seem to find for that kind of tech is other people's interpretations... I don't actually know what to image search for for real references.
And then, they will be weaponized. Like everything in this game, from kittens to babies, everything is a potential device of murder.
So if baseless speculation is all we have, we might as well treat it like fact.

KillerHP

• Bay Watcher
  • im french :D
    • View Profile
« Reply #6365 on: January 08, 2016, 02:07:17 pm »

Holy craaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaap
A random person which does stuff and likes roguelikes and SS13...

Cheesecake

• Bay Watcher
  • Hello.
    • View Profile
« Reply #6366 on: January 08, 2016, 06:36:27 pm »

Thanks! I should have actually posted my references I think. Delicata squash!

Spoiler (click to show/hide)

Can I ask where you get references for the little servo caterpillar arms? All I can seem to find for that kind of tech is other people's interpretations... I don't actually know what to image search for for real references.

I didn't actually use references for those particular drawings, but at first I used anatomical pictures from Google Images. Then I just looked at a lot of cyborg and robot pictures when I got the hang of drawing normal arms.

If you want real references for tech, search for real robots, or use whatever machinery you have around you as inspiration.
I wish I could unwatch a thread because every time I look at this I can feel myself dying faster
Dying of laughter?

Shook

• Bay Watcher
  • ◦ ◡ ◦
    • View Profile
    • DeviantArt page
« Reply #6367 on: January 08, 2016, 08:31:09 pm »

Well, nobody says that you can't just switch back and forth at your behest, just like delicious vidyagaem. :v

also no new doodles from me because my brain can't decide which idea to doodle blarg
Twitter i guess
also deviantART page
Quote from: Girlinhat
It may be worthwhile to have the babies fall into ring of fortifications or windows, to prevent anyone from catching and saving them.
[01:27] <Octomobile> MMM THATS GOOD FIST BUTTER

DragonDePlatino

• Bay Watcher
  • [HABIT:COLLECT_WEALTH]
    • View Profile
« Reply #6368 on: January 08, 2016, 08:36:27 pm »

I am soooo freakin' proud of myself! I could count the number of horses I've drawn in my life on my fingers, but these came out surprisingly well! They're for a secret-y secret project I'm working on.

DoctorMcTaalik

• Bay Watcher
  • [ENTITY:SKULKING]
    • View Profile
« Reply #6369 on: January 08, 2016, 09:15:14 pm »

Very nice! I prefer the dark outline to the others, mostly for crispness.

Also, the tileset in your sig is fantastic.

Cheesecake

• Bay Watcher
  • Hello.
    • View Profile
« Reply #6370 on: January 08, 2016, 09:44:23 pm »

Very nice! I prefer the dark outline to the others, mostly for crispness.

Also, the tileset in your sig is fantastic.

I agree, really nice pixel art!

Spoiler: This time digital art (click to show/hide)

I still need tons of more practice using digital mediums... I don't know any of that fancy layer multiply or whatever...
Dying of laughter?

heydude6

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #6371 on: January 08, 2016, 11:45:04 pm »

After a burst of inspiration I drew this highly detailed (At least relative to what I usually draw) knight helm.

Spoiler: actual size (click to show/hide)

I'm quite proud of what I made. Eventually I want to make a full fledged body but I'm having trouble getting the proportions right (such as calculating shoulder width).
Lets use the ancient naval art of training war parrots. No one will realize they have been boarded by space war parrots until it is to late!
You can fake being able to run on water. You can't fake looking cool when you break your foot on a door and hit your head on the floor.

KillerHP

• Bay Watcher
  • im french :D
    • View Profile
« Reply #6372 on: January 09, 2016, 08:29:10 am »

I took 5 mins and drew a spess rocket.

its weird , i know
After a burst of inspiration I drew this highly detailed (At least relative to what I usually draw) knight helm.

Spoiler: actual size (click to show/hide)

I'm quite proud of what I made. Eventually I want to make a full fledged body but I'm having trouble getting the proportions right (such as calculating shoulder width).

Thats quite good , but i feel like the helmet does not look round enough.
« Last Edit: January 09, 2016, 08:32:44 am by KillerHP »
A random person which does stuff and likes roguelikes and SS13...

Kot

• Bay Watcher
  • 2 Patriotic 4 U
    • View Profile
    • Tiny Pixel Soldiers
« Reply #6373 on: January 10, 2016, 06:53:03 pm »

I made this in like under two hours, beacuse of this Tau talk somewhere down in general discussion... and stuff.
C&C of course.
« Last Edit: January 10, 2016, 06:56:44 pm by Kot »
Kot finishes his morning routine in the same way he always does, by burning a scale replica of Saint Basil's Cathedral on the windowsill.

Cheesecake

• Bay Watcher
  • Hello.
    • View Profile
« Reply #6374 on: January 10, 2016, 07:10:48 pm »

I wholeheartedly agree with this righteous anti-xenos propaganda.
Dying of laughter?
Pages: 1 ... 423 424 [425] 426 427 ... 845