Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 453 454 [455] 456 457 ... 845

Author Topic: Random Things you drew/shopped/made/etc.  (Read 1282602 times)

Amperzand

• Bay Watcher
  • Knight of Cerebus
    • View Profile
Re: Random Things you drew/shopped/made/etc.
« Reply #6810 on: February 20, 2016, 10:37:13 pm »

IG being basically WW1 soldiers from hell.
Muh FG--OOC Thread
Quote from: smirk
Quote from: Shadowlord
Is there a word that combines comedy with tragedy and farce?
Heiterverzweiflung. Not a legit German word so much as something a friend and I made up in German class once. "Carefree despair". When life is so fucked that you can't stop laughing.
http://www.collinsdictionary.com

Shook

• Bay Watcher
  • ◦ ◡ ◦
    • View Profile
    • DeviantArt page
« Reply #6811 on: February 21, 2016, 08:59:07 pm »

I got to draw this super cool ram fella.
Spoiler (click to show/hide)
RAMBROOOOOOOO

Excellent pixel work, i love the cartoony style! I find myself wondering whether the other horn should be slightly visible from this angle or not, but eh, the one that's there is great enough that i don't actually care about such trivialities. Ram horns need more love, if you ask me. :v

also it's dangerous to go alone so take this floof

Only after having drawn the hand did i realize that i should probably have drawn the opposite hand, so the thumb could be visible. :v (i also need a shit ton of practice with hands, but that is a different matter)
Twitter i guess
also deviantART page
Quote from: Girlinhat
It may be worthwhile to have the babies fall into ring of fortifications or windows, to prevent anyone from catching and saving them.
[01:27] <Octomobile> MMM THATS GOOD FIST BUTTER

Araph

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #6812 on: February 21, 2016, 08:59:42 pm »

Spoiler: Ground Test (click to show/hide)
Using two textures (grass and dirt), two crude bump maps created from those textures, an alpha map, and Maya's layered texture node, I managed to create a semi-passable ground to go along with the rocks. It's not great, but, y'know. Baby steps.

The reason I used an alpha map rather than creating the final combined texture in Photoshop is because this method allows me to tile the grass and dirt textures, which in turn lets me create larger terrain without ruining the resolution of the base textures. It's basically a more hands-on version of what game engines like Unity and Unreal use to allow players to create terrain.

ShadowHammer

• Bay Watcher
  • God is love.
    • View Profile
« Reply #6813 on: February 21, 2016, 11:35:50 pm »

I got to draw this super cool ram fella.
That is a super cool ram. Top notch pixel-art!

flabort

• Bay Watcher
  • Still a demilich, despite the 4e and 5e nerfs
    • View Profile
« Reply #6814 on: February 22, 2016, 01:43:11 am »

Spoiler: Ground Test (click to show/hide)
Using two textures (grass and dirt), two crude bump maps created from those textures, an alpha map, and Maya's layered texture node, I managed to create a semi-passable ground to go along with the rocks. It's not great, but, y'know. Baby steps.

The reason I used an alpha map rather than creating the final combined texture in Photoshop is because this method allows me to tile the grass and dirt textures, which in turn lets me create larger terrain without ruining the resolution of the base textures. It's basically a more hands-on version of what game engines like Unity and Unreal use to allow players to create terrain.
Awesome. Actually awesome. I love how the alpha-map allows for some 50% opacity in sections that looks like actually slightly sparser grass. The left rock does look like it's clipping through the ground, though...
The Cyan Menace

Went away for a while, came back, went away for a while, and back for now.

Cheesecake

• Bay Watcher
  • Hello.
    • View Profile
« Reply #6815 on: February 22, 2016, 04:00:37 am »

Here's a sci-fi-tank-ogre thing with a goblin crew.

Not too happy with the goblin that's standing on the ground though. And I think I could have added way darker shadows.
I wish I could unwatch a thread because every time I look at this I can feel myself dying faster
Dying of laughter?
Dying of pure unbridled hatred, actually.

Amperzand

• Bay Watcher
  • Knight of Cerebus
    • View Profile
« Reply #6816 on: February 22, 2016, 04:02:50 am »

The general tone and lack of darker shadows gives a feel of sickly luminescence.

Whatever the shit that means. :V
Muh FG--OOC Thread
Quote from: smirk
Quote from: Shadowlord
Is there a word that combines comedy with tragedy and farce?
Heiterverzweiflung. Not a legit German word so much as something a friend and I made up in German class once. "Carefree despair". When life is so fucked that you can't stop laughing.
http://www.collinsdictionary.com

Darkmere

• Bay Watcher
  • Exploding me won't bring back your honey.
    • View Profile
« Reply #6817 on: February 22, 2016, 05:16:27 am »

It's a metaphor for the unformed miasma of human consciousness. The biotank represents dissociation in the modern world, and the goblins represent a pair of goblins.

So, something like 5 months ago I posted BLOCKHEAD THE BARBARIAN to this thread. It was one of my first "oh hey this kinda almost looks like something" drawings.

Spoiler: flashbacknoise.wav (click to show/hide)

I just did a character sketch and wanted to post my progress.

Life would be simpler if we all had useless little twig fingers.
And then, they will be weaponized. Like everything in this game, from kittens to babies, everything is a potential device of murder.
So if baseless speculation is all we have, we might as well treat it like fact.

Kot

• Bay Watcher
  • 2 Patriotic 4 U
    • View Profile
    • Tiny Pixel Soldiers
« Reply #6818 on: February 22, 2016, 04:52:03 pm »

EDIT:
I thought I'll do something different and I just got the best idea ever. It involves prancing around on huge two legged walkers and waving around huge flashy lances and ridiculously old fashioned guns.
« Last Edit: February 22, 2016, 05:39:10 pm by Kot »
Kot finishes his morning routine in the same way he always does, by burning a scale replica of Saint Basil's Cathedral on the windowsill.

GiglameshDespair

• Bay Watcher
  • Beware! Once I have posted, your thread is doomed!
    • View Profile
« Reply #6819 on: February 22, 2016, 05:37:06 pm »

Those proportions seem really off to me.
You fool. Don't you understand?
No one wishes to go on...

Kot

• Bay Watcher
  • 2 Patriotic 4 U
    • View Profile
    • Tiny Pixel Soldiers
« Reply #6820 on: February 22, 2016, 05:40:01 pm »

Eh, that's what you get for using Wh40k minis for reference. Huge hands and whatnot.
Kot finishes his morning routine in the same way he always does, by burning a scale replica of Saint Basil's Cathedral on the windowsill.

Shook

• Bay Watcher
  • ◦ ◡ ◦
    • View Profile
    • DeviantArt page
« Reply #6821 on: February 22, 2016, 06:58:50 pm »

PROPORTIONS ARE MADE TO BE SCREWED WITH ANYWAYS

also cubedragon

so be wary of crates
Twitter i guess
also deviantART page
It may be worthwhile to have the babies fall into ring of fortifications or windows, to prevent anyone from catching and saving them.

TheBiggerFish

• Bay Watcher
  • Somewhere around here.
    • View Profile
« Reply #6822 on: February 22, 2016, 07:08:01 pm »

Is it gelatinous?
Sigtext

It has been determined that Trump is an average unladen swallow travelling northbound at his maximum sustainable speed of -3 Obama-cubits per second in the middle of a class 3 hurricane.

Araph

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #6823 on: February 22, 2016, 07:08:17 pm »

Awesome. Actually awesome. I love how the alpha-map allows for some 50% opacity in sections that looks like actually slightly sparser grass. The left rock does look like it's clipping through the ground, though...

Thanks! And yeah, the rock is kinda clipping. Ideally it wouldn't be, but I hadn't finished the other rock shapes yet, so I just shoved it in at a different angle to create the illusion of not using the same model three times.
Spoiler: Also, tree stuff. (click to show/hide)
Next up was learning how to use Maya's Paint Effect brush things. The tool lets you quickly create trees and other plants, but getting Mental Ray to acknowledge their existence requires converting them into polygons, applying Mental Ray's materials to them, and then going back and hooking up the node graphs that Maya generated for the default materials to the new materials.

Shook

• Bay Watcher
  • ◦ ◡ ◦
    • View Profile
    • DeviantArt page
« Reply #6824 on: February 22, 2016, 07:26:16 pm »

Ooo, that's pretty neat! Say, this is probably a durr-caliber question, but are you planning to put the 3D to use in a game?

Is it gelatinous?
This particular specimen is not, but gelatinous cubedragons do exist. :v
Twitter i guess
also deviantART page
Pages: 1 ... 453 454 [455] 456 457 ... 845