Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 8033 8034 [8035] 8036 8037 ... 8157

Author Topic: Things that made you sad today thread.  (Read 8815005 times)

MaxTheFox

• Bay Watcher
  • Лишь одна дорожка да на всей земле
    • View Profile
Re: Things that made you sad today thread.
« Reply #120510 on: February 03, 2022, 08:23:44 am »

I am so worried when someone disappears off the face of the main community we share. And then I look for them on other social media, seeing them silent there too. And then, in the worst case, one of their accounts has a suicide note. That is my nightmare.
Woe to those who make unjust laws, to those who issue oppressive decrees, to deprive the poor of their rights and withhold justice from the oppressed of my people, making widows their prey and robbing the fatherless. What will you do on the day of reckoning, when disaster comes from afar?

LordBaal

• Bay Watcher
  • System Lord and Hanslanda lees evil twin.
    • View Profile
« Reply #120511 on: February 03, 2022, 08:41:38 am »

In his case he had cancer, for some years now.
I'm curious as to how a tank would evolve. Would it climb out of the primordial ooze wiggling it's track-nubs, feeding on smaller jeeps before crawling onto the shore having evolved proper treds?
My ship exploded midflight, but all the shrapnel totally landed on Alpha Centauri before anyone else did.  Bow before me world leaders!

dragdeler

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #120512 on: February 03, 2022, 10:03:36 am »

Did he stop answering that abruptly? There is a chance he is not answering because he is in intensive care, not that that would be much better, besides it's speculation. In any case he deserved much better... Don't want to put words in his mouth but I feel like his IRL peebs gave him a giant scoop of neglect once the outcome was more or less clear.  :( heartbreaking
let

ChairmanPoo

• Bay Watcher
  • Send in the clowns
    • View Profile
« Reply #120513 on: February 03, 2022, 01:16:35 pm »

If he logs back in at some point he might not be cheered up by speculating about this. Just saying...
There's two kinds of performance reviews: the one you make they don't read, the one they make whilst they sharpen their daggers
Everyone sucks at everything. Until they don't. Not sucking is a product of time invested.

martinuzz

• Bay Watcher
  • High dwarf
    • View Profile
« Reply #120514 on: February 03, 2022, 01:20:37 pm »

If he logs back in at some point he might not be cheered up by speculating about this. Just saying...

+1.
There's a reason that in most countries, a missing person cannot be declared dead until years have passed, amongst other reasons not to create awkward situations.

Hope he's ok.
Friendly and polite reminder for optimists: Hope is a finite resource

We can ­disagree and still love each other, ­unless your disagreement is rooted in my oppression and denial of my humanity and right to exist - James Baldwin

http://www.bay12forums.com/smf/index.php?topic=73719.msg1830479#msg1830479

dragdeler

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #120515 on: February 03, 2022, 01:46:18 pm »

Baal seems really alarmed, not for the first time, and it felt worse to say nothing, again. I don't like saying too much about this, but I also dislike the thought of,.. letting his mention go unanswered.
let

Vector

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #120516 on: February 03, 2022, 04:25:46 pm »

my brain is melting
"The question of the usefulness of poetry arises only in periods of its decline, while in periods of its flowering, no one doubts its total uselessness." - Boris Pasternak

nonbinary/genderfluid/genderqueer renegade mathematician and mafia subforum limpet. please avoid quoting me.

pronouns: prefer neutral ones, others are fine. height: 5'3".

Egan_BW

• Bay Watcher
  • I wear many masks, none of them have names.
    • View Profile
« Reply #120517 on: February 03, 2022, 04:41:27 pm »

I recommend snacks and drinks. Hot chocolate is good for this season supposing you're in the northern hemisphere.
This unit is known to the state of california to occasionally misuse technical language.

TD1

• Bay Watcher
  • Childe Roland to the Dark Tower Came
    • View Profile
« Reply #120518 on: February 03, 2022, 05:07:32 pm »

My personal solution to head melting: The gym.

Not to everyone's tastes, though!
Life before death, strength before weakness, journey before destination
  TD1 has claimed the title of Penblessed the Endless Fountain of Epics!
Sigtext!
Poetry Thread

ChairmanPoo

• Bay Watcher
  • Send in the clowns
    • View Profile
« Reply #120519 on: February 03, 2022, 05:49:26 pm »

My personal solution is prevention. Don't look at the Ark

There's two kinds of performance reviews: the one you make they don't read, the one they make whilst they sharpen their daggers
Everyone sucks at everything. Until they don't. Not sucking is a product of time invested.

TD1

• Bay Watcher
  • Childe Roland to the Dark Tower Came
    • View Profile
« Reply #120520 on: February 03, 2022, 05:51:00 pm »

But it's very hard to Nazi it  ???
Life before death, strength before weakness, journey before destination
  TD1 has claimed the title of Penblessed the Endless Fountain of Epics!
Sigtext!
Poetry Thread

King Zultan

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #120521 on: February 04, 2022, 04:38:29 am »

Those so called top men must not be that good if that thing keeps coming open all the time.
The Lawyer opens a briefcase. It's full of lemons, the justice fruit only lawyers may touch.
Make sure not to step on any errant blood stains before we find our LIFE EXTINGUSHER.
but anyway, if you'll excuse me, I need to commit sebbaku.
Quote from: Leodanny
Can I have the sword when you’re done?

LordBaal

• Bay Watcher
  • System Lord and Hanslanda lees evil twin.
    • View Profile
« Reply #120522 on: February 04, 2022, 07:39:45 am »

Did he stop answering that abruptly? There is a chance he is not answering because he is in intensive care, not that that would be much better, besides it's speculation. In any case he deserved much better... Don't want to put words in his mouth but I feel like his IRL peebs gave him a giant scoop of neglect once the outcome was more or less clear.  :( heartbreaking
Indeed that happened. He told me that once his situation worsened people close to him basically vanished. Keep talking to him for like the last 2 years via PM's here. Some months ago he spent a week and some in intensive care and stoped replying, that is peharps the other time you mention I was worried. But this time is different, and its well over a month now.

Why the fuck someone would stop being friend of someone else because that person is dying? Unless is from a zombie plague there is no excuse man. I dont joke when I say lots of you here are considered friends by me.

Do hope he someday logs back and say "had a several months intensive care visit but Im better now", but the reallity is most likely very different.
I'm curious as to how a tank would evolve. Would it climb out of the primordial ooze wiggling it's track-nubs, feeding on smaller jeeps before crawling onto the shore having evolved proper treds?
My ship exploded midflight, but all the shrapnel totally landed on Alpha Centauri before anyone else did.  Bow before me world leaders!

Frumple

• Bay Watcher
  • The Prettiest Kyuuki
    • View Profile
« Reply #120523 on: February 04, 2022, 08:10:26 am »

Why the fuck someone would stop being friend of someone else because that person is dying? Unless is from a zombie plague there is no excuse man. I dont joke when I say lots of you here are considered friends by me.
Stress, mostly. Least from what I've seen in my life. Like, I haven't done it, but there's been days I've very seriously considered just fucking off to the other end of the country and leaving my grandparents (different situations, being old age and dementia and me the primary caretaker instead of just a friend, but still, their clock is very clearly ticking down) behind for other people to deal with, because trying to handle everything involved is pretty literally killing me (started blood pressure medication last night, haha!).

Sometimes when all the shit piles up and you don't really know what the fuck to do, folks will cut ties with what they're troubled by instead of figuring out other ways to deal with it, even if it means basically leaving a friend in a ditch. It sucks and it's generally a pretty shitty thing to do, but, like... I get it, y'know? I understand how someone can do it. When you're buried by everything else and got the extra shit sandwich of having friends or family die on you it's really fucking tempting to just... not. You'd probably feel a bit bad in some ways but in others it'd be such a goddamn relief, out of sight and out of mind, etc.
Ask not!
What your country can hump for you.
Ask!
What you can hump for your country.

martinuzz

• Bay Watcher
  • High dwarf
    • View Profile
« Reply #120524 on: February 04, 2022, 08:49:15 am »

I can see they've been posting every other day on just about all their socials.
Fair enough. You did not provide that information in your first post.

Nice try.
Not sure what you think I 'tried'? I am not judging you in any way.

Anyhow. You might be taking this too personally. Don't assume the worst. It could very well be that your friend does not reply to you pouring out your heart because he is in a 'I don't know what to say' mindset. People can blank out you know.

Also consider that people don't always have the energy to cope wih someone else's problems is they are occupied with things in their own life.
That is not malice, that is inability.
Yeah, that's what I also tried to explain to him last month, and he took it very well.
Friendly and polite reminder for optimists: Hope is a finite resource

We can ­disagree and still love each other, ­unless your disagreement is rooted in my oppression and denial of my humanity and right to exist - James Baldwin

http://www.bay12forums.com/smf/index.php?topic=73719.msg1830479#msg1830479
Pages: 1 ... 8033 8034 [8035] 8036 8037 ... 8157