Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 7526 7527 [7528] 7529 7530 ... 10988

Author Topic: Things that made you go "WTF?" today o_O  (Read 13442555 times)

TheBiggerFish

• Bay Watcher
  • Somewhere around here.
    • View Profile
Re: Things that made you go "WTF?" today o_O
« Reply #112905 on: November 08, 2016, 04:02:37 pm »

Cant you vote by mail?
absentee ballots exist, yes
Sigtext

It has been determined that Trump is an average unladen swallow travelling northbound at his maximum sustainable speed of -3 Obama-cubits per second in the middle of a class 3 hurricane.

Sirus

• Bay Watcher
  • Resident trucker/goddess/ex-president.
    • View Profile
« Reply #112906 on: November 08, 2016, 04:11:58 pm »

Hur Hur. Weird American dating system. Had to inform my young cousin that This 9/11 isn't actually the date of an American National tragedy.
... and then I thought about it...

Remember to vote! Both options are horrible! But I guess vote anyway!
Yeaah, that's one of the few things I'll never try to defend about America :P  MM/DD/YYYY is just stupid.
also lol
It's not stupid, really.
"November 9th, 2016"
The 9th of November, 2016"

Which is easier/more natural to say? :P
Quote from: Max White
And lo! Sirus did drive his mighty party truck unto Vegas, and it was good.

Star Wars: Age of Rebellion OOC Thread

Shadow of the Demon Lord - OOC Thread - IC Thread

Kot

• Bay Watcher
  • 2 Patriotic 4 U
    • View Profile
    • Tiny Pixel Soldiers
« Reply #112907 on: November 08, 2016, 04:19:29 pm »

The 9th of November, 2016.
Kot finishes his morning routine in the same way he always does, by burning a scale replica of Saint Basil's Cathedral on the windowsill.

Levi

• Bay Watcher
  • Is a fish.
    • View Profile
« Reply #112908 on: November 08, 2016, 04:21:45 pm »

Should always be numeric year, month, day, if only because then when sorting dates alphanumerically they are also sorted chronologically.  This will be important when we are all turned into cyborgs.
Avid Gamer | Goldfish Enthusiast | Canadian | Professional Layabout

pisskop

• Bay Watcher
  • Too old and stubborn to get a new avatar
    • View Profile
« Reply #112909 on: November 08, 2016, 04:25:40 pm »

09nov16

Because this allows you to see the day, then the month, then the years.  the most important information goes first, and usually the most relevant part of a date is the day, because most people need to deal with short term deadlines.x

since im here
I had an 'argument' with a person who was mad that in other languages its 'coffee, large black' instead of 'large black coffee'.
Pisskop's Reblancing Mod - A C:DDA Mod to make life a little (lot) more brutal!
drealmerz7 - pk was supreme pick for traitor too I think, and because of how it all is and pk is he is just feeding into the trollfucking so well.
PKs DF Mod!

Rolan7

• Bay Watcher
  • [GUE'VESA][BONECARN]
    • View Profile
« Reply #112910 on: November 08, 2016, 04:29:36 pm »

Besides, "November ninth" instead of "November the ninth" is just a special-case convention.  "ninth November" is equally valid, it just sounds a little funny out loud for us who aren't used to it.  So we wouldn't need to say "the ninth of November" (:

also is "ninth" really spelled this way?  wtf
She/they
No justice: no peace.
Quote from: Fallen London, one Unthinkable Hope
This one didn't want to be who they was. On the Surface – it was a dull, unconsidered sadness. But everything changed. Which implied everything could change.

martinuzz

• Bay Watcher
  • High dwarf
    • View Profile
« Reply #112911 on: November 08, 2016, 04:29:40 pm »

The Indian government, without any warning, declared all current 500 and 1000 rupi banknotes (about 6.75 and 13.5 euros respectively) to be invalidated as of this this tuesday night.
With this, the government hopes to strike the black market, tax evasion, counterfeiting and corruption hard.

Prime minister Modri announced it on national television.
He said that terrorist were making and using counterfeit bills on a large scale.
He pointed out that while India is number one in the world list of fastest growing economies, it has a lousy 100th place on the list of nations with the least corruption.

All banks in India will be closed down for a day. Starting the next day, people will be able to exchange their old 500 and 1000 rupi bills for new 500 and 2000 ones.
All transactions will be registered and communicated with the tax office. People have until december 31st to change their old banknotes.
Modri thins that this will hurt those rich folks who keep lots of cash at home, to evade taxes most, and those people who rely on cash to bribe officials.
Friendly and polite reminder for optimists: Hope is a finite resource

We can ­disagree and still love each other, ­unless your disagreement is rooted in my oppression and denial of my humanity and right to exist - James Baldwin

http://www.bay12forums.com/smf/index.php?topic=73719.msg1830479#msg1830479

Levi

• Bay Watcher
  • Is a fish.
    • View Profile
« Reply #112912 on: November 08, 2016, 04:39:03 pm »

The Indian government, without any warning....

I heard about that!  Really an interesting way to fight corruption/money laundering/counterfeiting.
Avid Gamer | Goldfish Enthusiast | Canadian | Professional Layabout

Eric Blank

• Bay Watcher
  • *Remain calm*
    • View Profile
« Reply #112913 on: November 08, 2016, 04:45:04 pm »

Will it be effective, though?
I make Spellcrafts!
I have no idea where anything is. I have no idea what anything does. This is not merely a madhouse designed by a madman, but a madhouse designed by many madmen, each with an intense hatred for the previous madman's unique flavour of madness.

ChairmanPoo

• Bay Watcher
  • Send in the clowns
    • View Profile
« Reply #112914 on: November 08, 2016, 05:01:34 pm »

The 9th of November, 2016.
Tthe 9th of November stiffened my...
There's two kinds of performance reviews: the one you make they don't read, the one they make whilst they sharpen their daggers
Everyone sucks at everything. Until they don't. Not sucking is a product of time invested.

Draignean

• Bay Watcher
  • Probably browsing tasteful erotic dolphin photos
    • View Profile
« Reply #112915 on: November 08, 2016, 05:01:56 pm »

Will it be effective, though?

Everyone knows that all rich tax evaders keep their cash stored under their mattresses in 1000 rupi banknotes.
I have a degree in Computer Seance, that means I'm officially qualified to tell you that the problem with your system is that it's possessed by Satan.
---
Q: "Do you have any idea what you're doing?"
A: "No, not particularly."

martinuzz

• Bay Watcher
  • High dwarf
    • View Profile
« Reply #112916 on: November 08, 2016, 05:04:32 pm »

The EU has or had (I think it still has) plans to do the same thing to the 500 euro banknote. Apparently no one uses it except criminals. India is smarter though, they don't discuss and announce it years ahead in public meetings.
Friendly and polite reminder for optimists: Hope is a finite resource

We can ­disagree and still love each other, ­unless your disagreement is rooted in my oppression and denial of my humanity and right to exist - James Baldwin

http://www.bay12forums.com/smf/index.php?topic=73719.msg1830479#msg1830479

Aklyon

• Bay Watcher
  • Fate~
    • View Profile
« Reply #112917 on: November 08, 2016, 05:08:45 pm »

So youtube has a new layout.

It is complete shit. As in, it doesn't work. It doesn't even have a working 'use the non-broken-as-fuck-design' button despite having two buttons allegedly for this purpose.
Crystalline (SG)
Sigtext
Quote from: RedKing
It's known as the Oppai-Kaiju effect. The islands of Japan generate a sort anti-gravity field, which allows breasts to behave as if in microgravity. It's also what allows Godzilla and friends to become 50 stories tall, and lets ninjas run up the side of a skyscraper.

Rolan7

• Bay Watcher
  • [GUE'VESA][BONECARN]
    • View Profile
« Reply #112918 on: November 08, 2016, 05:33:45 pm »

So youtube has a new layout.

It is complete shit. As in, it doesn't work. It doesn't even have a working 'use the non-broken-as-fuck-design' button despite having two buttons allegedly for this purpose.
Oh, is today Tuesday?  :P

Seriously though, it's like the interface department is desperate to justify their existence - and lacks the skills necessary.  If only they'd be insecure quietly, instead of forcing changes on us.
She/they
No justice: no peace.
Quote from: Fallen London, one Unthinkable Hope
This one didn't want to be who they was. On the Surface – it was a dull, unconsidered sadness. But everything changed. Which implied everything could change.

Flying Dice

• Bay Watcher
  • inveterate shitposter
    • View Profile
« Reply #112919 on: November 08, 2016, 05:37:21 pm »

Huh? YT looks the same as far as I can tell, at least on my subscriptions and actual video pages.

Aurora on small monitors:
1. Game Parameters -> Reduced Height Windows.
2. Lock taskbar to the right side of your desktop.
3. Run Resize Enable
Pages: 1 ... 7526 7527 [7528] 7529 7530 ... 10988