Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 1182 1183 [1184] 1185 1186 ... 1256

Author Topic: Einsteinian Roulette (Original Thread: Rules, Armory, Misson archive 1-11)  (Read 3863563 times)

Devastator

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: Einsteinian Roulette: Combat Teams
« Reply #17745 on: January 02, 2014, 07:25:57 am »

Don't kill the souless all-consuming abomination that wants to conquer the universe.  You're already working for another souless all-consuming abomination that wants to conquer the universe.

Not for the last time, Leo sighs.

Tack

• Bay Watcher
  • Giving nothing to a community who gave me so much.
    • View Profile
« Reply #17746 on: January 02, 2014, 08:25:22 am »

((I'd just call him X. Which has always pretty much had connotations with the unknown.))
Sentience, Endurance, and Thumbs: The Trifector of a Superpredator.
Yeah, he's a banned spammer. Normally we'd delete this thread too, but people were having too much fun with it by the time we got here.

Doomblade187

• Bay Watcher
  • Requires music to get through the working day.
    • View Profile
« Reply #17747 on: January 02, 2014, 09:03:09 am »

((Or Miyamoto could try directly using his amps to move the thing. Probably easier than crafting an appropriate tool. Never know with anomalies though.))

Follow Gorat. Poke the golden rebar with my pickax. Pick it up if it seems relatively safe.

((Yeah, was planning on giving that pole to the full robot since he seemed not terribly affected, but that plan is out the window now he's not feeling well.))

Try to use the manip to lift the object in the middle of the anomaly and hover it closer. Do it slowly and carefully, and stop after a few meters (in case the zone of nausea is centered around the object).

((Sorry, still no time for in-depth invasion preparing. If anyone really wants certain questions answered though, post it OOC and I'll copypaste it into Miya asking it IC.))
((It would be fine to give the pole to me if the effect subsided outside of the zone. But since it  isn't, I'm gonna go see the doctor. Don't want to get zapped by an anomaly because I got careless.))
In any case it would be a battle of critical thinking and I refuse to fight an unarmed individual.
One mustn't stare into the pathos, lest one become Pathos.

Knight Otu

• Bay Watcher
  • ☺4[
    • View Profile
« Reply #17748 on: January 02, 2014, 09:52:59 am »

((Or Miyamoto could try directly using his amps to move the thing. Probably easier than crafting an appropriate tool. Never know with anomalies though.))

Follow Gorat. Poke the golden rebar with my pickax. Pick it up if it seems relatively safe.

Gently pull Dubley away from the burning rebar. Chuck a rock at the fire.

"Don't touch that. It's an anomaly trying to kill you. Probably."

((Grab the rebar otu :D))
((Nope, nope, nope. I may be an amp user, but I'm not crazy.))

Spoiler: Gorat 'Chin' Ivanos (click to show/hide)
Direforged Original
Random Raw Scripts - Randomly generated Beasts , Vermin, Hags, Vampires, and Civilizations
Castle Otu

swordsmith04

• Bay Watcher
  • Communist Gnome
    • View Profile
« Reply #17749 on: January 02, 2014, 11:16:46 am »

((Your character sheet can be found in Idiots in Space. Look near the bottom or just search for your username.))

Felix listens to the entire exchange between Xan and Sean without saying a word. He turns his head slightly, though, to keep them in his eyesight while still watching the hole.

Remain on guard against hostile fleshy abominations. This now potentially includes Xan and (Gamerlord).
If the tentacle becomes hostile, burn it and the mass of flesh excessively.

"Hey, Morul? You okay, man?"

Sean Mirrsen

• Bay Watcher
  • Bearer of the Psionic Flame
    • View Profile
« Reply #17750 on: January 02, 2014, 11:23:07 am »

((Maybe it's just a bar of gold/titanium alloy mysteriously burning with green alchemical fire? Can you imagine the kind of awesome sword one could forge from it?))
Multiworld Madness Archive:
Game One, Discontinued at World 3.
Game Two, Discontinued at World 1.

"Europe has to grow out of the mindset that Europe's problems are the world's problems, but the world's problems are not Europe's problems."
- Subrahmanyam Jaishankar, Minister of External Affairs, India

NAV

• Bay Watcher
  • I have an idea!
    • View Profile
« Reply #17751 on: January 02, 2014, 11:36:16 am »

"But look how Shiiiiiiiiiny it is.
Seriously, it could be worth tokens, or make an awesome weapon. Worth picking up."

Poke the rebar with my pickax. Pick it up if if the pickax doesn't melt.
Highmax…dead, flesh torn from him, though his skill with the sword was unmatched…military…Nearly destroyed .. Rhunorah... dead... Mastahcheese returns...dead. Gaul...alive, still locked in combat. NAV...Alive, drinking booze....
The face on the toaster does not look like one of mercy.

Knight Otu

• Bay Watcher
  • ☺4[
    • View Profile
« Reply #17752 on: January 02, 2014, 11:41:35 am »

Seriously, it could be worth tokens, or make an awesome weapon. Worth picking up."

"There's still safer methods to try. Tossing a chunk of meat, for instance, if the rec room has energy again. Touching, sniffing, and licking should be the last thing you do. Perhaps literally."
((Maybe it's just a bar of gold/titanium alloy mysteriously burning with green alchemical fire? Can you imagine the kind of awesome sword one could forge from it?))
((Depends. Which genre?))
Direforged Original
Random Raw Scripts - Randomly generated Beasts , Vermin, Hags, Vampires, and Civilizations
Castle Otu

Xantalos

• Bay Watcher
  • Your Friendly Salvation
    • View Profile
« Reply #17753 on: January 02, 2014, 12:35:29 pm »

Very well then. All onteam, be advised that I am about to communicate with the entity. If I signal you, I need you to burn off the tendril I am using to communicate.

Utilize dynamic bonus to form one claw on my right front foot into a long fleshy tendril similar in texture to the one swaying back and forth in front of us. Extend it outward to the tendril, but don't make contact.
Sig! Onol
Quote from: BFEL
XANTALOS, THE KARATEBOMINATION
Quote from: Toaster
((The Xantalos Die: [1, 1, 1, 6, 6, 6]))

Gamerlord

• Bay Watcher
  • Novice GM
    • View Profile
« Reply #17754 on: January 02, 2014, 12:37:36 pm »

Understood Bizliki-san.

Xantalos

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #17755 on: January 02, 2014, 12:38:44 pm »

((And now to hope I don't hilariously overshoot.))
Sig! Onol

Gamerlord

• Bay Watcher
  • Novice GM
    • View Profile
« Reply #17756 on: January 02, 2014, 12:41:24 pm »

((Taking odds on you proposing to it.))

Xantalos

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #17757 on: January 02, 2014, 12:42:43 pm »

((That'd be a speech roll. See what Charles did to Mesk.
And all the other times he overshot before he got a decomp, really.))
Sig! Onol

Caellath

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #17758 on: January 02, 2014, 01:00:46 pm »

Milno idly waits around, having turned off the buzz mode to avoid burning some of the living tissue and consequently causing a diplomatic accident. "Tell me when you finish 'interfacing' with that."

Wait around until my particular set of skills (saving people through flight / killing stuff / nearly dying) is needed.
"Hey steve." You speak into the air.
>Yes?
"Could you guys also make a hamburger out of this arm when they cut it off? I wanted to eat it just for the sake of tasting it."
>That is horrible and disgusting. It will no doubt set you apart and create fear in your team mates. So of course.

NAV

• Bay Watcher
  • I have an idea!
    • View Profile
« Reply #17759 on: January 02, 2014, 01:23:25 pm »

"There's still safer methods to try. Tossing a chunk of meat, for instance, if the rec room has energy again. Touching, sniffing, and licking should be the last thing you do. Perhaps literally."
"It won't be me touching it though, it will be the fireproof mk1 glove."
Highmax…dead, flesh torn from him, though his skill with the sword was unmatched…military…Nearly destroyed .. Rhunorah... dead... Mastahcheese returns...dead. Gaul...alive, still locked in combat. NAV...Alive, drinking booze....
The face on the toaster does not look like one of mercy.
Pages: 1 ... 1182 1183 [1184] 1185 1186 ... 1256