Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 331 332 [333] 334 335 ... 341

Author Topic: Additional CIA japes [DPRK Thread]  (Read 515099 times)

IronyOwl

• Bay Watcher
  • Nope~
    • View Profile
Re: and everything is fine now i guess [DPRK Thread]
« Reply #4980 on: May 25, 2018, 03:40:30 am »

This is good for bitcoin DPRK Thread.
Well, if you can't have world peace, I guess world shenanigans are a decent consolation prize.
Quote from: Radio Controlled (Discord)
A hand, a hand, my kingdom for a hot hand!
The kitchenette mold free, you move on to the pantry. it's nasty in there. The bacon is grazing on the lettuce. The ham is having an illicit affair with the prime rib, The potatoes see all, know all. A rat in boxer shorts smoking a foul smelling cigar is banging on a cabinet shouting about rent money.

Imic

• Bay Watcher
  • Still sad
    • View Profile
Re: BACK IN ACTION, BABY [DPRK Thread]
« Reply #4981 on: May 25, 2018, 04:00:33 am »

Well, here goes something.
Imic's no longer allowed to vote.
Quote from: smyttysmyth
Well aren't you cheery
Quote cabinet
Regrets every choice he made and makes, including writing this here.

Hanslanda

• Bay Watcher
  • Baal's More Evil American Twin
    • View Profile
« Reply #4982 on: May 25, 2018, 11:15:22 am »

I had an excellent metaphor for North Korea the other day.

Imagine you are Best Korea. You live in a rundown house with barely any power, water, food, or money. Your next door neighbor and only real neighbor is your lifelong archenemy, a rich, well to do, respectable but corrupt (to you) businessman who is connected with some corrupt hateful cops. (SK and USA)

The only person that has your back is this huge family on the next block, of vaguely ominous communist types, and they recently told you you're on your own.(China) Now, you have a shotgun (artillery/rockets) and a busted ass M16 (nukes), that you're constantly outside with, polishing and practicing shooting, cuz you know the businessman is trying to strongarm you out of the neighborhood.

The only reason he hasn't approached you yet with his goons is the shooting and brandishing you do.

And your M16 broke yesterday. No wonder they're so touchy.
Well, we could put two and two together and write a book: "The Shit that Hans and Max Did: You Won't Believe This Shit."
He's fucking with us.

smjjames

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #4983 on: May 25, 2018, 11:57:36 am »

China never said that NK was on their own, only that if they struck first* in a war, they’re on their own. As sabre rattly as they are over the South China Sea, they have no desire to get into a fight with the US if they can avoid it.

*Which may not necessarily be clear cut if war is sparked through a series of mistakes and miscalculations than deliberately started by one side or the other.

Reelya

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #4985 on: May 25, 2018, 03:26:06 pm »

The talks need to go ahead, otherwise the sales of the commemorative Trump-Kim conference coins will tank. Sure, they're the most ghastly-looking things since whenever, but that only adds to the charm.
« Last Edit: May 25, 2018, 03:27:42 pm by Reelya »

scriver

• Bay Watcher
  • City streets ain't got much pity
    • View Profile
« Reply #4986 on: May 25, 2018, 03:37:59 pm »

The title of this thread should be some kind of variant on "Peace talks cancelled, Norway draws sigh of relief" or something
Love, scriver~

misko27

• Bay Watcher
  • Lawful Neutral; Prophet of Pestilence
    • View Profile
Re: Call me up if you a Juche Ideology [DPRK Thread]
« Reply #4987 on: May 25, 2018, 04:00:24 pm »

I'm totally getting myself one of those coins tbh. Probably two. The value of hilarity is worth showing the grandkids.
The Age of Man is over. It is the Fire's turn now

WealthyRadish

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #4988 on: May 25, 2018, 04:03:50 pm »

They'll probably skyrocket in value if the situation deteriorates spectacularly.

Starver

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #4989 on: May 25, 2018, 04:30:15 pm »

They'll probably skyrocket in value if the situation deteriorates spectacularly.
They'll probably be spectacular if the the situation involves deteriorated 'value' skyrockets.

smjjames

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #4990 on: May 25, 2018, 06:04:59 pm »

And apparently it’s now semi back on with staffers being optimistic and Trump saying that maybe it’s still on \/O\/  This is why a summit is usually at the end, not the start....

redwallzyl

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #4991 on: May 25, 2018, 06:33:10 pm »

The talks need to go ahead, otherwise the sales of the commemorative Trump-Kim conference coins will tank. Sure, they're the most ghastly-looking things since whenever, but that only adds to the charm.
Wow those are ugly.

Starver

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #4992 on: May 26, 2018, 09:58:43 am »

There was a meeting of The "No Trumps Allowed" Club, apparently.

wobbly

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #4993 on: May 26, 2018, 10:30:24 am »

Perhaps Trump cancelling was for the best considering North & South Korea sorting out there differences is more important. Sure America would have to get involved eventually, however with the US satisfying your political base seems to matter more then the actual situation (like what happens with Iran) & Pence already manage to offend NK rambling about Libya before the meeting could even take place.

Rose

• Bay Watcher
  • Resident Elf
    • View Profile
« Reply #4994 on: May 26, 2018, 10:33:35 am »

USA not being present at the meeting simply means that USA can't negotiate things to their advantage.
Pages: 1 ... 331 332 [333] 334 335 ... 341