Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 51 52 [53] 54 55 ... 141

Author Topic: Drunk Thread -(Awesome Thread)-  (Read 172224 times)

Rolan7

• Bay Watcher
  • [GUE'VESA][BONECARN]
    • View Profile
Re: Drunk Thread -(Awesome Thread)-
« Reply #780 on: February 26, 2018, 01:39:18 am »

And so it goes, and so it goes.
Drinking always magnifies my interest in music for some reason.  And memes, which are basically sonant phrases, which one could describe as brief songs.
Since the best songs (IMHO) are those which reference a wide array of emotions, and real experiences.  Even if those experiences are forged into fiction.

I often think "And so it goes", but that's likely due to playing quite a lot of Borderlands 2.  Which initially sounds sad, until I remember how much emotion they managed to put into that grindy loot limited-multiplayer-online-RPG.  Not a MMORPG, but close.

My character would constantly say "And so it goes", and so it resonates.  And Billy Joel's song also resonates, off yet adding to the melody.

And so it goes.
My mom said the same thing, when I was a child terrified about meteors:  What will be, will be.
C'est l'vie say the old ones, just goes to show you never can tell.

[And] the future refused to change. (Chrono Trigger.  Imagining the Chrono-only fork, where there is ironically no dialogue at all.  Enough talk, have at you.)

He is already here.

Circumstances are cyclical.

You see a lot up there but don't be scared.  Who needs action when you've got the words?

And so it goes.
A chorus of resignation, if you want to be negative about it :P
« Last Edit: February 26, 2018, 01:42:27 am by Rolan7 »
She/they
No justice: no peace.
Quote from: Fallen London, one Unthinkable Hope
This one didn't want to be who they was. On the Surface – it was a dull, unconsidered sadness. But everything changed. Which implied everything could change.

Jimmy

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #781 on: February 26, 2018, 05:08:56 am »

So this basically sums up my life.

But hey, at least I got booze.

Kagus

• Bay Watcher
  • Olive oil. Don't you?
    • View Profile
« Reply #782 on: March 01, 2018, 09:47:32 am »

So, recent life adjustments have resulted in a large purchase of alcohol, and about a third of a drinking glass' worth of lime vodka (hey, I was young and curious) got slammed because I don't actually have any shotglasses. Wahey!

Also, after a long and harrowing search, I think I may finally have found the golden ambrosia that once touched my lips at a wedding reception in Scotland back in 2015 (courtesy of a Polish groomsman and his personal supply of partystarters). Sadly, my country's government-controlled liquor monopoly does not stock Soplica Orzech W\oski vodka. The cads!

And yes, that's an italicized backslash with a strikethrough. I'm not sure why I thought adding the italic tags would also change the alignment of the strikethrough, but I'm guessing it has to do with the spirits. In any case, I've apparently invented bad Polish handwriting in computer text format, so I've got that going for me.

Hanslanda

• Bay Watcher
  • Baal's More Evil American Twin
    • View Profile
« Reply #783 on: March 01, 2018, 10:39:43 am »

My parents brought me some real absinthe from Germany. It's in a little unmarked glass bottle and bright green. Truly a beverage of grandiose stature. I've been savoring small shots of it on special occasions. The stuff they sell here doesn't even compare.
Well, we could put two and two together and write a book: "The Shit that Hans and Max Did: You Won't Believe This Shit."
He's fucking with us.

Rolan7

• Bay Watcher
  • [GUE'VESA][BONECARN]
    • View Profile
« Reply #784 on: March 07, 2018, 09:17:29 pm »

Just sent a fawning fan-message to Frogboy of Stardock.  ...In a general channel of Discord, good. 
Well, I'm not sorry.  He was a major influence for me, growing up.  I had his "lived experience" to look up to, of gradually building a development team, for a doomed OS, and somehow surviving into present day as a lesser yet significant force.

The idea of "childhood heroes" is so 90's.  And that's when I grew up, so yeah... he inspired me.

Edit:  And yet here I am, goggling vacantly at everything as if I'm enlightened or apart.  Doing nothing of note.  Pretending that I already did everything I needed to do.
By certain measures, sure.  But my true greatness is yet to be realized.  And it will not be postponed indefinitely.
I will make one of those "instant" classic games one of these years, I swear.  As far as I can tell determine, that is my purpose.
« Last Edit: March 07, 2018, 09:57:06 pm by Rolan7 »
She/they
This one didn't want to be who they was. On the Surface – it was a dull, unconsidered sadness. But everything changed. Which implied everything could change.

martinuzz

• Bay Watcher
  • High dwarf
    • View Profile
« Reply #785 on: March 12, 2018, 08:41:08 am »

One word: "Grolsch Kanon"

Well, maybe it's two words, but since I must assume I am seeing double, it's one word.
Friendly and polite reminder for optimists: Hope is a finite resource

We can ­disagree and still love each other, ­unless your disagreement is rooted in my oppression and denial of my humanity and right to exist - James Baldwin

http://www.bay12forums.com/smf/index.php?topic=73719.msg1830479#msg1830479

Dunamisdeos

• Bay Watcher
  • Duggin was the hero we needed.
    • View Profile
« Reply #786 on: March 12, 2018, 12:46:00 pm »

Fanboy messages while drunk are probably the most positive of drunk messaging escapades.

Good jorb
FACT I: Post note art is best art.
FACT II: Dunamisdeos is a forum-certified wordsmith.
FACT III: "All life begins with Post-it notes and ends with Post-it notes. This is the truth! This is my belief!...At least for now."
FACT IV: SPEECHO THE TRUSTWORM IS YOUR FRIEND or BEHOLD: THE FRUIT ENGINE 3.0

Rolan7

• Bay Watcher
  • [GUE'VESA][BONECARN]
    • View Profile
« Reply #787 on: March 22, 2018, 06:31:51 pm »

We had a brief back-and-forth when I was sober, it was definitely the highlight of my month, year-

Well, in this state, it was the highlight of my everything.  Hoo, wine.
He was way cooler in private than I could ever could have expected, though.  There goes my hero~

Built a dev team for a doomed OS, then transferred to MS's BS!  W00t!
She/they

Doomblade187

• Bay Watcher
  • Requires music to get through the working day.
    • View Profile
« Reply #788 on: March 22, 2018, 06:35:49 pm »

My parents brought me some real absinthe from Germany. It's in a little unmarked glass bottle and bright green. Truly a beverage of grandiose stature. I've been savoring small shots of it on special occasions. The stuff they sell here doesn't even compare.
But out of the stuff they sell here, what would you recommend? Trying to try some.
In any case it would be a battle of critical thinking and I refuse to fight an unarmed individual.
One mustn't stare into the pathos, lest one become Pathos.

Hanslanda

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #789 on: March 22, 2018, 06:47:59 pm »

Uh got a fifty dollar fifth from a Macadoodles near here of absinthe that was good. Passable but not the OG stuff. I'll have to check there again to get the brand.

Meanwhile, I'm drinking tequila of high quality, Corona lite cuz I missed the extra, and some potent nasal vasoconstrictor. If you know what I mean.
Well, we could put two and two together and write a book: "The Shit that Hans and Max Did: You Won't Believe This Shit."
He's fucking with us.

Doomblade187

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #790 on: March 22, 2018, 07:21:18 pm »

Uh got a fifty dollar fifth from a Macadoodles near here of absinthe that was good. Passable but not the OG stuff. I'll have to check there again to get the brand.

Meanwhile, I'm drinking tequila of high quality, Corona lite cuz I missed the extra, and some potent nasal vasoconstrictor. If you know what I mean.
I have no idea what you mean.
In any case it would be a battle of critical thinking and I refuse to fight an unarmed individual.

Hanslanda

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #791 on: March 22, 2018, 09:02:18 pm »

Coke. >.>
Damn. I'm fucked up enough to admit I'm stacking vasoconstrictor on blood thinner.

Heart Attack Hans gives no fuck.
He's fucking with us.

hector13

• Bay Watcher
  • It’s shite being Scottish
    • View Profile
« Reply #792 on: March 22, 2018, 09:22:33 pm »

You didn’t kill the happy thread, make sure you don’t kill you!

Attempting to build up some amount of tolerance to alcohol for Saturday, when I will be spending 4 hours at a beer festival with a hardened drinker. I don’t think i’m succeedng in that regard, two beers this evening over the course of an hour, and I’m sufficiently tipsy to have lost some inhibitions regarding actually posting things on the forum and a little bit wobbly on my feet.

I don’t think I’ll be doing anything productive on Sunday, that’s for damn sure!
Look, we need to raise a psychopath who will murder God, we have no time to be spending on cooking.

the way your fingertips plant meaningless soliloquies makes me think you are the true evil among us.

Doomblade187

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #793 on: March 22, 2018, 09:25:01 pm »

Ah, I personally don't mix my soft drinks with my alcohols. Though I do hope you are enjoying soft drinks and alcohol responsibly. We care about your well being. Have fun, stay safe.

Yoink

• Bay Watcher
  • OKAY, FINE.
    • View Profile
« Reply #794 on: March 22, 2018, 09:47:04 pm »

Ah, I personally don't mix my soft drinks with my alcohols. Though I do hope you are enjoying soft drinks and alcohol responsibly. We care about your well being. Have fun, stay safe.
This honestly made me chuckle. :))

I'm glad I was correct with my original interpretation of Hans's vaguebooking. I thought I may have been jumping too quickly to conclusions.

Damn Hans, you fancy. :o   
Booze is Life for Yoink

To deprive him of Drink is to steal divinity from God.
you need to reconsider your life
If there's any cause worth dying for, it's memes.
Pages: 1 ... 51 52 [53] 54 55 ... 141