Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 9 10 [11] 12 13 ... 109

Author Topic: Mission 12: The Defense of Hephaestus: Don't taunt the dice.  (Read 210959 times)

GreatWyrmGold

• Bay Watcher
  • Sane, by the local standards.
    • View Profile
Re: Mission 12: The Defense of Hephaestus
« Reply #150 on: February 26, 2014, 07:12:10 pm »

You've got your laser, you've got your laser. Just roll with it.
((Yaaay!))

Does Miyamoto respond...Does not appear so. So shooting.
((In general, that's a placeholder for "In case the other guy doesn't respond before the turn". If he responded, I would have edited my turn to reflect this.
Probably.))

((Did I miss the bit where the artillery shells hit?))

Continue to shoot unless given another order by Miya.
Sig
Are you a GM with players who haven't posted? TheDelinquent Players Help will have Bay12 give you an action!
[GreatWyrmGold] gets a little crown. May it forever be his mark of Cain; let no one argue pointless subjects with him lest they receive the same.

Radio Controlled

• Bay Watcher
  • Morals? Ethics? Conscience? HA!
    • View Profile
« Reply #151 on: February 26, 2014, 07:12:13 pm »

Note: I updated map on the wiki to indicate where enemy is coming from, and a guesstimate on their strength.
I kinda suck at this though, so would anyone care to take this task of of me for the future? Just downloading the image, opening in paint and modifying it and then re-uploading to wiki (and maybe posting it here).

(steve can fire but keep in mind theres a reload time)
Kay then, will you tell us when they are reloaded?

Miya con:1+1..I feel like you should have more bonuses but I don't see any...
Actually, Miya should've gotten another +1
1 from roll + 1 from Avatar + 1 from dynamic bonus previous turn. So uh, shall we say the remaining three sods are dead after all, or can I reuse that dynamic bonus?

Miyamoto, Team C leader, shooting sods.
Spoiler (click to show/hide)

Miya will finish off final sods with naginata, then move forward a bit to get a better visual on the incoming MkIII sods (stay within firing distance from the bunker). Plan is to let him distract MkIII sods so snipers and team C can pick them of.

Let regular sods in bunker 1 (team C) and sniper sods in the tower finish of the enemy at bunker 1.
Sniper sods in tower engage MkIII sods as soon as those are in range. Let them use special ammo if that could help
The sod team in bunker 2 starts shooting either the sods coming from the east, or the MkIII sods coming from the north, whichever they can target.
Mobile artillery near team D start shooting the sods that are slipping by them.
Mobile artillery near team B start shooting the sods that are assaulting team F.
Final two mobile artillery shoots at enemies near team E.
Heavy artillery reloads.
Laser battery defenses engage the sods moving toward the shipyard.
Send Party Wagon on strafing run against sods coming from the East. Lest the ship fly fast and high, so they can't target it.

He then contacts several team leads:
Team D
"There are sods slipping by you according to the feed from the drones. Deal with them."
Team G
"Get some people to deal with the sods moving into the shipyard, don't let them damage our ships. Next to that, send one or two people to bunker 2. Pick who you want, maybe Feyri and Lyra would do? Oh, and I assume you're already getting adequate help to E team?"
Team A
"Be advised, there are hostiles coming in your direction, they might find our bunker. Not sure yet where exactly they will end up."
Sean (or Steve)
"Send Party wagon over to hostiles moving in from the east. Make sure it doesn't fly to low so it can be shot at, just a quick strafing should hold them up for a little while."

((Gonna hold off on using the Steve bots just yet. They'll be hunting drop ships for us at the moment I think, so let's just let them do what they're good at.))
« Last Edit: February 27, 2014, 03:39:09 am by Radio Controlled »

Einsteinian Roulette Wiki
Quote from: you know who you are
21:26   <XYZ>: I know nothing about this, but I have strong opinions about it.
Fucking hell, you guys are worse than the demons.

Xantalos

• Bay Watcher
  • Your Friendly Salvation
    • View Profile
« Reply #152 on: February 26, 2014, 07:17:09 pm »

Do you wish me to knock them over or no?
Sig! Onol
Quote from: BFEL
XANTALOS, THE KARATEBOMINATION
Quote from: Toaster
((The Xantalos Die: [1, 1, 1, 6, 6, 6]))

syvarris

• Bay Watcher
  • UNICORNPEGASUSKITTEN
    • View Profile
« Reply #153 on: February 26, 2014, 07:40:51 pm »

Team B "Platypus" Medic, Steve Saint - Southern Bunker

((D:  Sorry guys, I didn't realize dynamic bonuses were nerfed.  When did that happen, anyways?  I wouldn't have done that if I weren't nearly guaranteed a five...))

Saint turned to Pancaek, but didn't raise his faceplate.  He waited for Pancaek to finish speaking, then replied- with more venom than was strictly necessary "I'm sorry, somehow I never heard the order to not fuck with anything, despite the fact I made it damn clear what I was doing before I did it.  In fact, the only order I've received is 'stay in cover and watch for hostiles', which is what I'm doing.

Anyways, I made sure the HUD was easy to disable, just in case.  But you're right, in the future I'll make sure to test everything before deploying it, even if it risks people getting shot.  It's better if an enemy causes a teammate's death, rather than me, right?"

Disable the HUD that's already been uploaded, so that my team can use their faceplates.  Charge a dynamic bonus to fix it.  Also watch for hostiles using the bunker's external cameras.

Alarith

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #154 on: February 26, 2014, 09:10:31 pm »

Jack Catar-Team B
Whoa I don't think the HUD was supposed to do that.
Raise faceplate until the HUD is fixed.  If enemies are in range fire upon them.
That's why you should always wear a seatbelt kids! You never know when a telekinetic assassin is going to cause your car to crash! Safety first!

renegadelobster

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #155 on: February 26, 2014, 09:41:19 pm »

Thaddeus-Team E "Aye-Aye" Grunt

((Well shit. This sucks))

Use Amp on right battlesuit. Create a 1 meter sphere at 300 degrees C, centered on the cockpit of the battlesuit.

((edited action))
« Last Edit: February 26, 2014, 10:11:27 pm by renegadelobster »
Well, it only hates Linux for now. If we could condition it to hate computer viruses, than hooray! Free, brutal virus protection! Unless you have Linux!

Doomblade187

• Bay Watcher
  • Requires music to get through the working day.
    • View Profile
« Reply #156 on: February 26, 2014, 09:53:27 pm »

Denzel Gaunt- Team E Leader

"Thaddeus, Gorat, I want you guys to target the battlesuit on the right in turn with your amps. Me and the heavy trooper will go after the other one. Teal, Dern, shoot the others, sods, join in."

Target the battlesuit on the left using my manipulator with a 10 cm sphere of 300 degree C heat on the pilot, and order the heavy trooper to target the left battlesuit with a shaped charge should I fail. The other sods are to open fire on the other sods, with the support trooper hanging out of the way to help potential casualties.

Spoiler: Cheat Sheet (click to show/hide)
In any case it would be a battle of critical thinking and I refuse to fight an unarmed individual.
One mustn't stare into the pathos, lest one become Pathos.

renegadelobster

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #157 on: February 26, 2014, 10:12:42 pm »

((Probably should of waited for you to post first, sorry about that Doom))
Well, it only hates Linux for now. If we could condition it to hate computer viruses, than hooray! Free, brutal virus protection! Unless you have Linux!

Toaster

• Bay Watcher
  • Appliance
    • View Profile
« Reply #158 on: February 26, 2014, 10:23:57 pm »

Brother Lars - Team D Leader

Lars acknowledges the order from Miyamoto.  "Brothers, leave the gear here- we move out NOW after those split-off Sods.  Go with Vo-nos's speed!  May Ingram guide your fire!"

Move out after those Sods!  Shoot them down.  Slap any teammates that try to loot away and toward the fight.  Bring the Sods too- shoot down any targets in range.
« Last Edit: February 27, 2014, 08:47:00 am by Toaster »
HMR stands for Hazardous Materials Requisition, not Horrible Massive Ruination, though I can understand how one could get confused.
God help us if we have to agree on pizza toppings at some point. There will be no survivors.

NAV

• Bay Watcher
  • I have an idea!
    • View Profile
« Reply #159 on: February 26, 2014, 10:48:21 pm »

Can I at least get my arm?
Highmax…dead, flesh torn from him, though his skill with the sword was unmatched…military…Nearly destroyed .. Rhunorah... dead... Mastahcheese returns...dead. Gaul...alive, still locked in combat. NAV...Alive, drinking booze....
The face on the toaster does not look like one of mercy.

Powder Miner

• Bay Watcher
  • this avatar is years irrelevant again oh god oh f-
    • View Profile
« Reply #160 on: February 26, 2014, 10:48:56 pm »

Team F, Blobfish
"Shit, shit, shit, I'm melting that laser! Someone please trash the cannon!"
Dominika will attempt to use her amp to heat the cutting laser and render it useless.

Xantalos

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #161 on: February 26, 2014, 10:57:37 pm »

Team F, Blobfish
"Shit, shit, shit, I'm melting that laser! Someone please trash the cannon!"
Dominika will attempt to use her amp to heat the cutting laser and render it useless.
Very well. Be warned, they will not be knocked over.

Action edited.
Sig! Onol

Kriellya

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #162 on: February 26, 2014, 11:13:51 pm »

Team C, Skylar, Support

Assuming Miyamoto doesn't annihilate them, attempt to bake the hostile Sod's heads.

If he does, go see if our support Sod needs further aid / can still be useful.

((D:  Sorry guys, I didn't realize dynamic bonuses were nerfed.  When did that happen, anyways?  I wouldn't have done that if I weren't nearly guaranteed a five...))

(( It was nerfed sometime during the last mini-mission, after a couple people spent all week charging +5's :P

It's actually worth noting that in practice, with a normal +1 bonus: a +3 dynamic == perfect: a +2 dynamic == a 1/6th chance of 'neutral success', perfect success otherwise; and a +1 dynamic == 1/6 Overshot, 1/6 neutral, and 4/6 success of some description. Only one of these is really 'balanced' as a mechanic))

Xantalos

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #163 on: February 26, 2014, 11:16:11 pm »

((That was me.))
Sig! Onol

Empiricist

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #164 on: February 27, 2014, 12:26:12 am »

Team A; "Ostrich" - Charles, Team A Second-in-Command - Hephaestus HQ Chokepoint 2

Charles then examines where the hostiles would likely end up funneling through and plans out a firing sequence for his arm cannon whilst still keeping concealed.[Charge CON Dynamic for a different action if the other dynamic does not get overwritten.]

Spoiler: Charles Quicksheet (click to show/hide)
Quote from: Caellath (on Discord)
<Caellath>: Emp is the hero we don't need, deserve or want
Pages: 1 ... 9 10 [11] 12 13 ... 109