Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 11 12 [13] 14 15 ... 109

Author Topic: Mission 12: The Defense of Hephaestus: Don't taunt the dice.  (Read 210961 times)

Xantalos

• Bay Watcher
  • Your Friendly Salvation
    • View Profile
Re: Mission 12: The Defense of Hephaestus
« Reply #180 on: February 27, 2014, 05:28:30 pm »

Xan Team F

WEAK FUCK FLESH

Quote from: Xan->Miyamoto, Team G
We have been hit by an artillery shell from one of our own cannons. Morul has been killed, as far as I can tell. I don't know if its permanent or not. A few sods got offed, but most of us survived. I'll take control of team F in the meantime.

Address Lerman.

You! Go extract Morul's body from the rubble. Hand his body over to the sod commander once he's out and come join me.
Other nonsods! Come with me, we have to reinforce another bunker now that this one's bust.

Attempt to extricate myself from hole. If there are enemy forces, snap their necks one by one with the Mass Manipulator Amp, starting with the most dangerous. If not, proceed to bunker 4 through the tunnels.
« Last Edit: February 28, 2014, 02:36:22 pm by Xantalos »
Sig! Onol
Quote from: BFEL
XANTALOS, THE KARATEBOMINATION
Quote from: Toaster
((The Xantalos Die: [1, 1, 1, 6, 6, 6]))

GreatWyrmGold

• Bay Watcher
  • Sane, by the local standards.
    • View Profile
« Reply #181 on: February 27, 2014, 05:35:01 pm »

Goddammit, I forgot the team again.

Team C

Keep shooting.
Sig
Are you a GM with players who haven't posted? TheDelinquent Players Help will have Bay12 give you an action!
[GreatWyrmGold] gets a little crown. May it forever be his mark of Cain; let no one argue pointless subjects with him lest they receive the same.

syvarris

• Bay Watcher
  • UNICORNPEGASUSKITTEN
    • View Profile
« Reply #182 on: February 27, 2014, 05:57:31 pm »

Team B "Platypus" Medic, Steve Saint - Southern bunker

((I need an AUX roll just to disable the HUD?  If I'd known that I wouldn't have tried.  Sigh.))

If PW is willing to let me have a dynamic bonus from last turn because of that misunderstanding, fix the HUD.  If I don't have a dynamic bonus, then charge one instead.

swordsmith04

• Bay Watcher
  • Communist Gnome
    • View Profile
« Reply #183 on: February 27, 2014, 06:13:00 pm »

Felix Grant, Team D "Marabou" - Scrapyard

When the composition and activity of the UWM Sods come into view, Felix swears. "Okay, I'll deal with the battlesuit. Not a lot of room for error, here..."

Stay low. Get as much cover as I can while still keeping an eye on that battlesuit. Unless Lars orders me not to, target the cockpit with my amp. 60cm sphere, frozen as low as I can get it. If I can do so without direct line of sight without a penalty, do so.

Parisbre56

• Bay Watcher
  • I can haz skullz?
    • View Profile
    • parisbre56 Discord
« Reply #184 on: February 27, 2014, 06:18:16 pm »

Flint Westwood - Team G

((Roleplaying previous action a bit.))

"Haha, you guys!" exclaimed Flint after he landed. "You guys are screwed!"
"And you know why? Eh?" he continued as he flicked the Raibow Cannon's dial to Red, the weapon reforming, most of its mass shifting back and down, forming a large semi circular mass near the grip while the barrel reformed into an almost spike like protrusion. The weapon, along with his HUD began glowing with red light.
"BECAUSE I'M SEEING RED! HAHA!" he screamed, his gun releasing a stream of searing plasma the moment he pulled the trigger. Flint moved his arm with a lazy sweep, the shaft of light emerging from his weapon filling his screens, erasing everything unarmored in its path from existence. Not a second later, low power alarms went off. He managed to catch a glimpse of what remained of the enemy troops before his screens went black and Gilgamesh's limbs locked in place.
"Boom! Burn baby!" he added a final taunt, pulling his arms out of the control cuffs and making a triumphant motion with them.
« Last Edit: February 27, 2014, 07:01:24 pm by Parisbre56 »

Phoenix Flame

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #185 on: February 27, 2014, 06:23:38 pm »

Angel: team D - Scrapyard

"I need a bigger gun" might be universally true regardless of how big a gun you happen to be carrying at the time but Angel was definitely feeling a need for something with a bit more AT capability right now. Keeping his voice low he muttered over the radio: "Ok, careful now, we're only going to get surprise once so lets not waste it, I'll go for the normal sods, not sure I can put a hole in anything tougher than that, not reliably anyway"

drop prone in cover, try to take aim at one of the lightly armoured sods whilst staying hidden, if spotted or if someone else fires first open fire

NAV

• Bay Watcher
  • I have an idea!
    • View Profile
« Reply #186 on: February 27, 2014, 06:25:02 pm »

Team D- Dubley Steptimus

You got the battlesuit Felix? I'l deal with the mooks.
Are the sods wearing fireproof suits? Are the sods fireproof?
If they aren't, duct tape 3 molotovs together and throw it into the center of the group.
If they are, shoot a 1337 into the group. Aim far enough from the ships to not damage them.
Highmax…dead, flesh torn from him, though his skill with the sword was unmatched…military…Nearly destroyed .. Rhunorah... dead... Mastahcheese returns...dead. Gaul...alive, still locked in combat. NAV...Alive, drinking booze....
The face on the toaster does not look like one of mercy.

Unholy_Pariah

• Bay Watcher
  • [ETHIC:LOOTING:MANDATORY]
    • View Profile
« Reply #187 on: February 27, 2014, 06:38:05 pm »

Auron, team F.

Escape from hole using jump rockets, if there is no hole follow the tunnel to the next bunker and engage the eneny with my manipulator.

use precharged brainpower to heat most importan looking enemies brain to the point of minor brain damage and unconsciousness.
« Last Edit: February 27, 2014, 10:34:01 pm by Unholy_Pariah »
Clearly running multiple missions at the same time is a terrible idea.  The epic battle to see which team can cock it up worse has escalated again.

And Larry kinda gets blueballed in all this; just left with a raging bone spear and no where to put it.

kisame12794

• Bay Watcher
  • !!Arc Welder!!
    • View Profile
« Reply #188 on: February 27, 2014, 07:15:53 pm »

((God dammit. How ironic. Felled by friendly fire.))
The non-assholes vastly outnumber the assholes but the assholes can fart with greater volume.
((You're an arm and a torso in low orbit. This was the best possible resolution of things.))

Xantalos

• Bay Watcher
  • Your Friendly Salvation
    • View Profile
« Reply #189 on: February 27, 2014, 07:19:17 pm »

((Indeed. Don't worry, I'm getting you rescued.
I don't regret putting that 10 points in Endurance.
Sig! Onol
Quote from: BFEL
XANTALOS, THE KARATEBOMINATION
Quote from: Toaster
((The Xantalos Die: [1, 1, 1, 6, 6, 6]))

Toaster

• Bay Watcher
  • Appliance
    • View Profile
« Reply #190 on: February 27, 2014, 09:01:50 pm »

Brother Lars - Team D Leader

((It wouldn't be ER if the first team death wasn't friendly fire.))

Lars sends a message across Team Leader chat as he moved forward.  "This is Brother Lars of D.  There are Sods in the shipyard, putting explosives on the ship.  We are eliminating them.   About a dozen hostiles, including a battlesuit.  We may need at least one support from above."

Switching his coms, Lars radioed his team as he crouched into position.  "Brothers, we fight now in the light of Steve.  They likely won't blow the ships when they're mixed in them, so we need to eliminate them swiftly.  With the grace of Ingram, fire!"

Engage targets, starting with exo-suit Sods.  Our Sods attack as well.  Take care not to hit ships.
HMR stands for Hazardous Materials Requisition, not Horrible Massive Ruination, though I can understand how one could get confused.
God help us if we have to agree on pizza toppings at some point. There will be no survivors.

renegadelobster

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #191 on: February 27, 2014, 09:16:44 pm »

Thaddeus-Team E "Aye-Aye" Grunt

So, uh, boss. What're your orders now?
Well, it only hates Linux for now. If we could condition it to hate computer viruses, than hooray! Free, brutal virus protection! Unless you have Linux!

Doomblade187

• Bay Watcher
  • Requires music to get through the working day.
    • View Profile
« Reply #192 on: February 27, 2014, 09:39:19 pm »

Denzel Gaunt- Team E Leader

"Well, I suppose we thank our overwatch saviors and finish off the last battlesuit. I'll handle the battlesuit, you guys keep watch for more enemies."

If Milno doesn't take care of the battlesuit pilot, the following action is valid. Otherwise, just keep watch for more enemies, and order the sods to do so as well.

So. Monoatomic sword. If using it on the battlesuit would expose me to the suit's claymore or electrical defense systems, see if the sods know how to kill the pilot without exposing themselves to much danger, and if so, have them kill it. Finally, if both other avenues are out of the question, simply take my manipulator and roast the pilot with a 10cm sphere of heat, after asking the others to stand back and doing so myself. Order the sods to keep watch for other enemies.
« Last Edit: February 27, 2014, 11:13:37 pm by Doomblade187 »
In any case it would be a battle of critical thinking and I refuse to fight an unarmed individual.
One mustn't stare into the pathos, lest one become Pathos.

Caellath

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #193 on: February 27, 2014, 10:41:23 pm »

Team G "Cassowary" (Reserve) - Milno "Honey Badger" Enedrasi - Leader - Assisting Team E

Milno activates his comms as he crosses the sky in high speeds, eyes still focused on the disabled battlesuit.

Team G: "Old fart, I want you to prepare to engage the flying enemies coming from North. Prepare means firing at them as long as you won't get overwhelmed. I'll join you in a while. Other members, report."

Activate EMM if it isn't online already, take advantage of the dust kicked up in the air to close into the still-functioning battlesuit and press the release on the suit's hatch.

After pressing the release, leap back to avoid retaliation and close in to yank the occupant out as soon as the hatch begins opening. Kill him dead throughly. Chest and head, the whole deal.
« Last Edit: February 27, 2014, 10:42:54 pm by Caellath »
"Hey steve." You speak into the air.
>Yes?
"Could you guys also make a hamburger out of this arm when they cut it off? I wanted to eat it just for the sake of tasting it."
>That is horrible and disgusting. It will no doubt set you apart and create fear in your team mates. So of course.

smurfingtonthethird

• Bay Watcher
  • Legendary Shitposter
    • View Profile
« Reply #194 on: February 27, 2014, 11:00:26 pm »

Team F
Grab any 'free' sod weapons and get Morul extracted.
"MOTHERFUCKING ARTILLERYMEN GON' GET IT ONCE WE'RE DONE HERE"

((EDITED: orders changed.))
« Last Edit: February 28, 2014, 05:29:10 am by smurfingtonthethird »
RIP Moot ;-;7 Sigtext!
Pages: 1 ... 11 12 [13] 14 15 ... 109