Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 63 64 [65] 66 67 ... 109

Author Topic: Mission 12: The Defense of Hephaestus: Don't taunt the dice.  (Read 210977 times)

Kriellya

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: Mission 12: The Defense of Hephaestus: Don't taunt the dice.
« Reply #960 on: April 07, 2014, 03:35:13 pm »

Team A - Ship A || Skylar - Support

Right, looks like there isn't anything in the right direction, and it looks like they may have holed up in the last corridor before the control center. Not sure if we can stealth through that even in the best of conditions. Team D is near an elevator we could use to bypass some floors, I say we link up with them and then see what awaits us in that corridor. Sound good? ... Why are you gesturing at that... giant... ... Right. I've done worse.

@Team D:
(through Steve if necessary) We're on our way to the elevator you're at, on floor *?*. Looks like they're holed up in the last corridor before the bridge, as far as I can tell from the map. Flint is using one of their suits and listening in on their radio. I might be hiding in a box. Link up and head to the bridge?

Get the radio frequencies of the channels in Flint's suit, share them with Team D and Steve (in case other ships use the same frequencies) and listen in as well.

If the box can be loaded in a way that it can be opened from the inside while in the bed of the vehicle, help Flint empty and load it in the truck, then climb in.
Otherwise, object strenuously and refuse to get out of the bed of the truck until we link up with Milno :P

kisame12794

• Bay Watcher
  • !!Arc Welder!!
    • View Profile
« Reply #961 on: April 07, 2014, 03:50:01 pm »

Team B: Wild Weasels

"That should hold until we can shut the door behind us. Shall we continue?"

Head back down the blue path and assist Simus in opening the door. Don't use my amp to open the door.
The non-assholes vastly outnumber the assholes but the assholes can fart with greater volume.
((You're an arm and a torso in low orbit. This was the best possible resolution of things.))

NAV

• Bay Watcher
  • I have an idea!
    • View Profile
« Reply #962 on: April 07, 2014, 04:08:39 pm »

Team D

Follow the blue line. Open doors if they are in my way.
Highmax…dead, flesh torn from him, though his skill with the sword was unmatched…military…Nearly destroyed .. Rhunorah... dead... Mastahcheese returns...dead. Gaul...alive, still locked in combat. NAV...Alive, drinking booze....
The face on the toaster does not look like one of mercy.

PyroDesu

• Bay Watcher
  • Schist happens
    • View Profile
« Reply #963 on: April 07, 2014, 05:14:38 pm »

Team B 'Wild Weasles' - CO Simus
It should help, at least.

Hold off a moment for the area to repressurize, then attempt to open the door blocking our path, using manual overrides in increasing order of destructiveness, stopping short of explosives.
Quote from: syvarris
Pyro is probably some experimental government R&D AI.

Xantalos

• Bay Watcher
  • Your Friendly Salvation
    • View Profile
« Reply #964 on: April 07, 2014, 06:48:35 pm »

Wait, you mean we're not going into space?

Action edited
« Last Edit: April 07, 2014, 06:59:36 pm by Xantalos »
Sig! Onol
Quote from: BFEL
XANTALOS, THE KARATEBOMINATION
Quote from: Toaster
((The Xantalos Die: [1, 1, 1, 6, 6, 6]))

swordsmith04

• Bay Watcher
  • Communist Gnome
    • View Profile
« Reply #965 on: April 07, 2014, 07:30:13 pm »

HEY PIECEWISE
You missed me again

Hasala Nabin, Team H Sod Controller

Hasala studies the map for a few seconds, and then turns toward [Anton]. "Hmm. Hey, how many UWM sods d'you think could be in those barracks?"

Is that the only Barracks area on the map? If so, take the long route. If not, estimate of how many people or Sods could be in that barracks, based on the size, please.
How close is 'close'? Could the Sods reasonably sneak past without being noticed?
If the Sods can sneak past, take the short route.

So, exactly how many turns have I missed due to this, now? :P

Spinal_Taper

• Bay Watcher
  • The sparkles are because I'm fabulous, of course.
    • View Profile
« Reply #966 on: April 07, 2014, 08:03:58 pm »

Team C: Audaxes: Thomas
"So, what's the plan? I'm thinking we should get onto the tram. We need to do this quickly."
Await the plan.

Corsair

• Bay Watcher
  • New Zeland giveth, New Zeland taketh away
    • View Profile
« Reply #967 on: April 07, 2014, 08:04:27 pm »

TEAM G

TEAM G
fix elevator

How? Mechanically, via the control pad, what? I gotta know what to fuck up when you fail.

Mechanically
So it was like a binary search, except the question is "Has the input been brutally murdered?", and it only ever returns True.

GreatWyrmGold

• Bay Watcher
  • Sane, by the local standards.
    • View Profile
« Reply #968 on: April 07, 2014, 08:06:03 pm »

Is there an adjective form for Vacuum?
"Vacuous"?

Ship Beta: Team F: Grate

Open the door to the weapon area and peer inside.
Sig
Are you a GM with players who haven't posted? TheDelinquent Players Help will have Bay12 give you an action!
[GreatWyrmGold] gets a little crown. May it forever be his mark of Cain; let no one argue pointless subjects with him lest they receive the same.

Caellath

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #969 on: April 07, 2014, 08:10:34 pm »

Team D, "Dead Dirtbags" - Milno - Leader - Ship Alpha

"Hey, Steve. I have some questions." Milno says over the comms as he swings his prosthetic arm inside the elevator to check for any booby traps. "Any rooms directly above, to the side, or below the bridge? If that's the case, we could use one of those laser cutters to bypass that corridor, since it's almost sure to be heavily defended. We could use the cutters to open several holes to confuse the defenders then get into the bridge through one of them. Any chance of that plan or anything similar to that working without crippling the ship?"

Ask Steve the questions above. Trap check the elevator. Join up with Team A unless Steve advises otherwise. Prepare to enact plan "laser cutters ahoy" in case it happens to be feasible. If shit suddenly happens, activate EMM and react appropriately.
"Hey steve." You speak into the air.
>Yes?
"Could you guys also make a hamburger out of this arm when they cut it off? I wanted to eat it just for the sake of tasting it."
>That is horrible and disgusting. It will no doubt set you apart and create fear in your team mates. So of course.

Zako

• Bay Watcher
  • YEEEEAAAAHHHH!!!
    • View Profile
« Reply #970 on: April 07, 2014, 09:25:00 pm »

Team E

Stop the idiot from damaging the door uselessly by punching it and just use the cutters instead. If that fails, look for somewhere that I can plug Steve into and have him do his thing to get us inside.

renegadelobster

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #971 on: April 07, 2014, 09:50:00 pm »

Team D, "Dead Dirtbags" - Thaddeus - Grunt - Ship Alpha

Wait for Milno to do the trap check on the elevator, then join him. Pull up the map of the ship the sods sent us and inspect it, looking especially for alternative routes into the Bridge. If plan "laser cutters ahoy" is a go, help where possible. If shit happens, pop off a shot with the laser shotgun, then dive out of the way. Don't forget about the "Don't shoot milno" protocol.
Well, it only hates Linux for now. If we could condition it to hate computer viruses, than hooray! Free, brutal virus protection! Unless you have Linux!

Doomblade187

• Bay Watcher
  • Requires music to get through the working day.
    • View Profile
« Reply #972 on: April 07, 2014, 10:00:05 pm »

Denzel Gaunt- Team C, Audax

Take point while moving towards the bridge. Should enemies be encountered respond at melee range with my monoatomic sword and at range with my combi-rifle (Using gauss ammo first). Should we aquire a vehicle, hop on that. Also, try not to friendly-fire Auron. That would just be impolite.
"Let's get moving- of we call the tram, they'll know where to find us."

Unless the others object, lead the group forward.
In any case it would be a battle of critical thinking and I refuse to fight an unarmed individual.
One mustn't stare into the pathos, lest one become Pathos.

smurfingtonthethird

• Bay Watcher
  • Legendary Shitposter
    • View Profile
« Reply #973 on: April 08, 2014, 03:03:06 am »

Team E- Lerman

Loot corpses. Search for any control panels and hack accordingly. If there are none, get to work cutting open the blast door with my cutting laser, but brace myself for the escaping air, bits of people and possible armored friends.

((Depressurising ships for fun and profit!))
« Last Edit: April 08, 2014, 06:10:40 am by smurfingtonthethird »
RIP Moot ;-;7 Sigtext!

Unholy_Pariah

• Bay Watcher
  • [ETHIC:LOOTING:MANDATORY]
    • View Profile
« Reply #974 on: April 08, 2014, 05:23:19 am »

Auron Team C

Follow the bridge line disregarding the tram.

Laser any sods we encounter unless they reach melee range in which case stab them with my sword.

Keep an eye out for turrets and other defences.
Clearly running multiple missions at the same time is a terrible idea.  The epic battle to see which team can cock it up worse has escalated again.

And Larry kinda gets blueballed in all this; just left with a raging bone spear and no where to put it.
Pages: 1 ... 63 64 [65] 66 67 ... 109