Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 71 72 [73] 74 75 ... 109

Author Topic: Mission 12: The Defense of Hephaestus: Don't taunt the dice.  (Read 211001 times)

Kriellya

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: Mission 12: The Defense of Hephaestus: Don't taunt the dice.
« Reply #1080 on: April 11, 2014, 10:27:12 pm »

Team A - Ship Alpha || Skylar - Support

Continue with plan. EMM active, stay quiet and ready to strike if the Sod enters the elevator
« Last Edit: April 11, 2014, 10:42:15 pm by Kriellya »

NAV

• Bay Watcher
  • I have an idea!
    • View Profile
« Reply #1081 on: April 11, 2014, 10:39:03 pm »

Team B

Press onward. Pray to Ingram to charge my con.
What are you saying? I cannot hear.
"Now now Xan, this is a private talk between me, my gun, and my god.

What are we going to do with that environmental control? I suggest controlling the environment.
"
Highmax…dead, flesh torn from him, though his skill with the sword was unmatched…military…Nearly destroyed .. Rhunorah... dead... Mastahcheese returns...dead. Gaul...alive, still locked in combat. NAV...Alive, drinking booze....
The face on the toaster does not look like one of mercy.

Corsair

• Bay Watcher
  • New Zeland giveth, New Zeland taketh away
    • View Profile
« Reply #1082 on: April 11, 2014, 10:53:23 pm »

"Well.... FORWARD"
forge bravely on and get shot don't get shot
So it was like a binary search, except the question is "Has the input been brutally murdered?", and it only ever returns True.

Zako

• Bay Watcher
  • YEEEEAAAAHHHH!!!
    • View Profile
« Reply #1083 on: April 11, 2014, 10:54:25 pm »

((He's talking about when we just hit the turrets. Not everything needs to breathe in order to be dangerous.))

Team E

Take cover and prep a flash bang while the other guy preps a frag grenade. Open the door and if there's something hostile there, throw grenades!

Xantalos

• Bay Watcher
  • Your Friendly Salvation
    • View Profile
« Reply #1084 on: April 12, 2014, 12:57:24 am »

Team B

Press onward. Pray to Ingram to charge my con.
What are you saying? I cannot hear.
"Now now Xan, this is a private talk between me, my gun, and my god.

What are we going to do with that environmental control? I suggest controlling the environment.
"
What is a god?
Sig! Onol
Quote from: BFEL
XANTALOS, THE KARATEBOMINATION
Quote from: Toaster
((The Xantalos Die: [1, 1, 1, 6, 6, 6]))

Unholy_Pariah

• Bay Watcher
  • [ETHIC:LOOTING:MANDATORY]
    • View Profile
« Reply #1085 on: April 12, 2014, 04:20:12 am »

Auron, team C.

Walk/stumble/get carried/fall into one of the alcoves and sit down to rest/hide/appear injured.

If sods come running into the hall shoot them with my hopefully dynamic laser, unless they fail to notice my entire team or otherwise just dont care that we are there.
Clearly running multiple missions at the same time is a terrible idea.  The epic battle to see which team can cock it up worse has escalated again.

And Larry kinda gets blueballed in all this; just left with a raging bone spear and no where to put it.

GreatWyrmGold

• Bay Watcher
  • Sane, by the local standards.
    • View Profile
« Reply #1086 on: April 12, 2014, 07:42:44 am »

((...Normally, I'd suspect that the only issue was Lars pressing the "Close Doors" button on an elevator whose door was already closed, but the text for our turn is...suspiciously large.))

Ship Beta: Team F: Grate

Quietly stand off to one side. Try not to die.
Sig
Are you a GM with players who haven't posted? TheDelinquent Players Help will have Bay12 give you an action!
[GreatWyrmGold] gets a little crown. May it forever be his mark of Cain; let no one argue pointless subjects with him lest they receive the same.

swordsmith04

• Bay Watcher
  • Communist Gnome
    • View Profile
« Reply #1087 on: April 12, 2014, 08:12:22 am »

Hasala Nabin - Team H Sod Controller

Have a Sod read the crewman's ID to me while I quickly check the map for somewhere the crewman might have gotten sidetracked. If the crewman is indeed Hershel, bluff the guy on the radio. Say that Hershel's busy and that he left his radio with me for <context-appropriate reason>.

Doomblade187

• Bay Watcher
  • Requires music to get through the working day.
    • View Profile
« Reply #1088 on: April 12, 2014, 10:45:30 am »

Denzel Gaunt, Team C, Audax

"Team, get into cover and stand by. Hopefully, we can avoid them, but if we can't, be ready to fight."

Get into cover, as well as telling the rest of my team to get into cover. if there's a chance that the enemies won't see us, hold fire unless they do. If they're undoubtably see us, see if any of my teammates have grenades or the like, and if they do,  have them throw them before the enemies round the corner. When enemies do come into view/see us, open fire with my combi-weapon, using the laser half first. Should enemies close to melee range, use my monoatomic sword and my dynamic bonus. Should the enemies prove heavily armored, use manipulator to kill them, again with my dynamic bonus.
« Last Edit: April 12, 2014, 10:57:16 am by Doomblade187 »
In any case it would be a battle of critical thinking and I refuse to fight an unarmed individual.
One mustn't stare into the pathos, lest one become Pathos.

Spinal_Taper

• Bay Watcher
  • The sparkles are because I'm fabulous, of course.
    • View Profile
« Reply #1089 on: April 12, 2014, 02:27:39 pm »

Duck into a nearby alcove, watch them. Set the rifle for moderate dispersion, high power.

Sean Mirrsen

• Bay Watcher
  • Bearer of the Psionic Flame
    • View Profile
« Reply #1090 on: April 14, 2014, 11:34:03 am »

Team H, Starfleet Command - Anton Chernozorov

"Steve, if one of those ships were to start preparing to bombard the surface, how soon could we see it from here? It's just way too quiet right now, it's unsettling."

Chat with Steve. Keep monitoring the situation. Watch for any significant occurrences.
Multiworld Madness Archive:
Game One, Discontinued at World 3.
Game Two, Discontinued at World 1.

"Europe has to grow out of the mindset that Europe's problems are the world's problems, but the world's problems are not Europe's problems."
- Subrahmanyam Jaishankar, Minister of External Affairs, India

PyroDesu

• Bay Watcher
  • Schist happens
    • View Profile
« Reply #1091 on: April 14, 2014, 02:02:20 pm »

Team B 'Wild Weasels' - CO Simus

Excellent. Let's see if we can't make this easier from here.

Go in, hacking or breaking through the door as needed, and attempt to locate atmospherics controls in particular.
Quote from: syvarris
Pyro is probably some experimental government R&D AI.

piecewise

• Bay Watcher
  • [TORTURE_FOR_FUN]
    • View Profile
    • Stuff
« Reply #1092 on: April 14, 2014, 03:38:49 pm »

TEAM AD
Team A D - Ship Alpha | Flint Westwood - Disguised Soldier

"Oh, wait, silly me. That's not my ID card. Wait a sec, I got mine right here. Can I get it?"

If the sod says I can, pretend I'm very slowly and nonthreateningly searching my pockets while talking to the sod.

"By the way, I've been meaning to ask one of you: say you’re in a desert walking along in the hot grainy sand when all of the sudden you look down and you see a tortoise. It’s crawling toward you. You reach down, you flip the tortoise over on its back. The tortoise lays on its back, its belly baking in the hot sun, beating its legs trying to turn itself over, but it can’t, not without your help. But you’re not helping. Why is that?"

Keep talking, trying to use my speech to confuse/distract/delay the Sod while I think of an excuse for why I'm lacking a matching ID card and wait for my teammates to get ready to fight.
Keep talking, saying anything that could be remotely helpful to the situation until the Sod does anything threatening or asks me to stop.
Maybe if I talk long enough and I'm good/lucky enough, I'd be able to make him fall into a infinite loop or logic bomb him or convince him to obey me or make him run out of memory. Or make him hold conflicting truths, that's always a good one.
Or maybe just tell him a good excuse about why my face doesn't match or why I don't have an ID.

Else, obey the Sod and very slowly (tortoise speed, to give me teammates time to prepare) get out of the vehicle while looking for an opening to use my monorazor on him (or my fists if the monorazor can't be hidden on me).
Also talk in this case, trying to achieve the above mentioned result of confusing, delaying, distracting and/or disabling the sod.

((Hmmm... not really sure. I really can't think of a good excuse. I had assumed we had faceplates.
Let's hope that speech roll works or one of you is able to silently incapacitate the sod.))

Team D, "Dead Dirtbags in a box" - Thaddeus - Disguised Grunt - Ship Alpha

Fuck? Fuck. Whelp, fuckit then.

Look and see what's past the sod. Then raise my hands slowly, acting surprised. If Flint's plan works to confuse/disable the sod, wait and see what happens. If the sod turns violent, use the amp to heat a one foot sphere centered on the sods head, by 150 degrees Celsius.

((@piecewise: Do these modern Mk-like suits have faceplates? We were working under the assumption they had. Resorting to violence won't be a problem now, but.))

Team D, "Dead Dirtbags" - Milno - Leader - Ship Alpha - Plan Fuck-You-In-A-Box

Continue with plan. Activate EMM and pop up in case either shit happens or the plan works smoothly. Defend squishier people with the shield as needed. Orders still stand: kill sods as fast as possible, disable/knock out/temporarily kill humans as appropriate.

Team A - Ship Alpha || Skylar - Support

Continue with plan. EMM active, stay quiet and ready to strike if the Sod enters the elevator

((The suits do have faceplates, but they weren't down and no one said to put them down or check if they were down or nothing.

Also, it really wouldn't have mattered. The sod would have just told you to raise your faceplate so he could compare your faces. Sods are stupid but they're not stupid enough to let you drive past with a mask on. ))

"Oh, wait, silly me. That's not my ID card. Wait a sec, I got mine right here. Can I get it?"

"Step out of the Vehicle and Place your hands on your head. You have 3 seconds to comply."

[Speech:1+1]

Flint immediately forgets all his carefully planned speeches and just sort of stammers.

"You have two seconds to comply"

Beyond this sod are 3 more, who are now aiming at the cart as well. Beyond that is a door, a rather heavy duty looking one at that.

TEAM B

Team B - Emulating Movie Monsters

Ooh, I hadn't considered that. Let's search it then.

Go and try to open the door to the place. If it won't open automatically, let someone else try it.

Team B 'Wild Weasels' - CO Simus

Excellent. Let's see if we can't make this easier from here.

Go in, hacking or breaking through the door as needed, and attempt to locate atmospherics controls in particular.

The door opens without a struggle and leads directly into a rather small control room sorta thing that has a connecting door off on the left. There's three people in here, seated at consoles. None of them look up when you enter, they seem too busy with their work.

You would assume that if anything is controlling the atmosphere, it's probably that machine the men are working with.

TEAM C

Auron, team C.

Walk/stumble/get carried/fall into one of the alcoves and sit down to rest/hide/appear injured.

If sods come running into the hall shoot them with my hopefully dynamic laser, unless they fail to notice my entire team or otherwise just dont care that we are there.

Denzel Gaunt, Team C, Audax

"Team, get into cover and stand by. Hopefully, we can avoid them, but if we can't, be ready to fight."

Get into cover, as well as telling the rest of my team to get into cover. if there's a chance that the enemies won't see us, hold fire unless they do. If they're undoubtably see us, see if any of my teammates have grenades or the like, and if they do,  have them throw them before the enemies round the corner. When enemies do come into view/see us, open fire with my combi-weapon, using the laser half first. Should enemies close to melee range, use my monoatomic sword and my dynamic bonus. Should the enemies prove heavily armored, use manipulator to kill them, again with my dynamic bonus.
I feel I should probably give you guys the benefit of waiting for your missing members to act. Because....well right now we have a brain damaged man and one guy with a moderately powerful gun and a sword. I don't want to stack the odds too heavy simply because teammates are indisposed in real life.

TEAM E

((The ship is depressurized, right? So opening the door will suck vacuum everything out? Or is space magic happening?))

Team E - Lerman

Prepare for breaching. Take cover in appropriate location.

((He's talking about when we just hit the turrets. Not everything needs to breathe in order to be dangerous.))

Team E

Take cover and prep a flash bang while the other guy preps a frag grenade. Open the door and if there's something hostile there, throw grenades!

Beyond the door is a hall, strangely shaped. It dead ends to the right and curves off to the left. However, the most interesting thing about it is the fact that a large sign on the wall labels this as the bridge. You follow the hall around until you reach a door set into the right wall. The hall continues on  past it, continuing to curve to the toward the right. It seems like this door is set that the high point in a horseshoe shaped hall, with doors at either end. The center door here has a big sign painted across it marking it as the bridge. And, judging by the slight distortions in the metal, it seems like it's been welded shut From the inside.

TEAM F

Team F

Take position on one side of the elevator door. Get ready for hostiles.

"We might need to get to sides of the door." Jack advises.

((...Normally, I'd suspect that the only issue was Lars pressing the "Close Doors" button on an elevator whose door was already closed, but the text for our turn is...suspiciously large.))

Ship Beta: Team F: Grate

Quietly stand off to one side. Try not to die.
Lars shivered.  It was not often that the divine directly warned of immediate danger- they preferred portents of major events.  "Prepare for the worst!  Algis, we pray for the blessing of your hands.  May Ingram guide our weapons and Pathmas be ever in our favor."

Take cover on the button side of the elevator, shard launcher in a firing position.  Will using jets here hose my teammates with exhaust?  If they'll be fine, when everyone is ready jet to the ceiling and aim out the door from up high.  If anything looks remotely hostile, shoot it.
Team F, remember. Otherwise I'll probably miss you next time.

Using your rockets in a small confined space like an elevator is probably gonna wash them in exhaust and fill the entire place with smoke in a few seconds, yeah.

Everyone moves off to the sides of the elevator and takes cover as best they can. Now, I'm not sure if Lars wanted to release the door hold button or not if he couldn't fly...It's worded sorta vaguely. I kinda wanna do it anyways...but having to retcon stuff would suck and would reveal any potential surprises or lack there of. Hmm. We'll wait for now, they're close enough to the end that it shouldn't take long regardless.

TEAM G

EMPTY TEAM

TEAM H

Hasala Nabin - Team H Sod Controller

Have a Sod read the crewman's ID to me while I quickly check the map for somewhere the crewman might have gotten sidetracked. If the crewman is indeed Hershel, bluff the guy on the radio. Say that Hershel's busy and that he left his radio with me for <context-appropriate reason>.
The guys name is McCullens. Whew. That could have been awkward.

Team H, Starfleet Command - Anton Chernozorov

"Steve, if one of those ships were to start preparing to bombard the surface, how soon could we see it from here? It's just way too quiet right now, it's unsettling."

Chat with Steve. Keep monitoring the situation. Watch for any significant occurrences.

>You would probably pick up significant power increase. However, keep in mind that what we really need to watch out for is laser fire. The Aurora protects the new base, but the sword is vulnerable. We can deflect gauss shells to a degree, but if they focus lasers on us we're gonna have to use some rather drastic measures.

Parisbre56

• Bay Watcher
  • I can haz skullz?
    • View Profile
    • parisbre56 Discord
« Reply #1093 on: April 14, 2014, 03:48:45 pm »

Team A D - Ship Alpha | Flint Westwood - Poorly Disguised Soldier

((Well, at least I had that bonus. I hope that little time I bought is enough to give you other guys a bonus.))

"Okay, okay, I'm coming out." said Flint as he raised his hands and made a motion to stand up. "Drake?" he asked very calmly, hoping that his teammates understood his thinly veiled message.

If teammates don't object and if they don't try some kind of stealthy attack and if the front of the vehicle looks sturdy enough to stop a gauss round from reaching me, hide behind the dashboard and floor it. If driving the vehicle can be done with one/no hands or is no longer required, use the laser to kill any remaining sods.

Else if the front of the vehicle isn't strong enough but teammates indicate they want to attack in a non-stealthy manner anyway, proceed with the above plan but shoot sooner, since leaving cover wouldn't mean much except that I'll be more visible and the rounds will be hitting me harder.

Else, follow the Sod's orders. Continue to try speech rolling them (or the people in the maintenance frequency if I would have a better chance with them), since they haven't actually ordered me to stop speaking.
« Last Edit: April 15, 2014, 01:00:52 pm by Parisbre56 »

kisame12794

• Bay Watcher
  • !!Arc Welder!!
    • View Profile
« Reply #1094 on: April 14, 2014, 03:56:07 pm »

Team B: Wild Weasels

Examine room for any cameras, alternate exits, or anything else interesting.
The non-assholes vastly outnumber the assholes but the assholes can fart with greater volume.
((You're an arm and a torso in low orbit. This was the best possible resolution of things.))
Pages: 1 ... 71 72 [73] 74 75 ... 109