Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 86 87 [88] 89 90 ... 109

Author Topic: Mission 12: The Defense of Hephaestus: Don't taunt the dice.  (Read 212070 times)

renegadelobster

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: Mission 12: The Defense of Hephaestus: Don't taunt the dice.
« Reply #1305 on: April 24, 2014, 06:09:05 pm »

Team D, "Dead Dirtbags in a box" - Thaddeus - Disguised Grunt - Ship Alpha

Help shove Flint into his Mk.II. Make sure I have the Model C sub-exo "HOPE" equipped. Stand back and let the more durable people investigate. If it comes to fighting, target the more dangerous humans/sods and heat a one foot sphere centered on their head by 200 degrees Celsius, use the laser shotgun for turrets and for disabling less dangerous humans with shots to the arms and legs. Dodge and hide behind more durable people where appropriate
Well, it only hates Linux for now. If we could condition it to hate computer viruses, than hooray! Free, brutal virus protection! Unless you have Linux!

Kriellya

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1306 on: April 24, 2014, 06:11:59 pm »

Team A - Ship Alpha | Skylar - Support

Also help shove Flint in the Mk II, then go take a look at the door forward. Consult the map to see what is still between us and the bridge.

Doomblade187

• Bay Watcher
  • Requires music to get through the working day.
    • View Profile
« Reply #1307 on: April 24, 2014, 09:58:11 pm »

Denzel Gaunt- Team C, Audax

"After him!" Denzel shouts, while gesturing for his teammates to take cover.

Take cover, and motion for the others to do the same. Taking cover behind Auron is acceptable.
In any case it would be a battle of critical thinking and I refuse to fight an unarmed individual.
One mustn't stare into the pathos, lest one become Pathos.

Unholy_Pariah

• Bay Watcher
  • [ETHIC:LOOTING:MANDATORY]
    • View Profile
« Reply #1308 on: April 25, 2014, 12:04:26 am »

Auron, team C.

Charge after the sod with my shield up whilst keeping an eye out for grenades.

If sod is spotted, laser the crap out of him.
Clearly running multiple missions at the same time is a terrible idea.  The epic battle to see which team can cock it up worse has escalated again.

And Larry kinda gets blueballed in all this; just left with a raging bone spear and no where to put it.

Zako

• Bay Watcher
  • YEEEEAAAAHHHH!!!
    • View Profile
« Reply #1309 on: April 25, 2014, 01:02:59 am »

Team E

Go ahead and arm those grenades, then help throw the body in with exoskeleton strength. Use my jets and buzz mode to haul ass to cover with my teammate, so to negate the danger of tripping!

piecewise

• Bay Watcher
  • [TORTURE_FOR_FUN]
    • View Profile
    • Stuff
« Reply #1310 on: April 25, 2014, 11:48:33 am »

TEAM AD

Team A+D, "Dead Dirtbags" - Milno - D Leader - Ship Alpha - Plan Fuck-You-In-A-Box

The more Skylar tried to help Flint, the clearer it became it's be better for the old man to be put inside his MkII already. "Tell me when you're ready to move." Milno says. Trying to advance despite the possibility of turrets popping up from the ceiling could end up in people from his team getting even further injured. "Could also move back and let me check for turrets or traps."

Destroy cameras with the rifle. Wait for a moment. In case Team H confirms the path is clear or manages to get rid of obstacles, then move forward and concentrate (charge Will) to use the gauntlet to open the door in case it isn't open already. (Same action as last time since my post was skipped.)

In case AD team does stand back, carefully check for turrets and traps using the small car's remains. In case any are found, activate EMM and destroy them.

Otherwise, stand guard and prepare to activate EMM and destroy turrets or sods, disabling any human enemies or killing them in case they're too dangerous to engage non-lethally.

Also help shove Flint in the Mk II, then go take a look at the door forward. Consult the map to see what is still between us and the bridge.
Team D, "Dead Dirtbags in a box" - Thaddeus - Disguised Grunt - Ship Alpha

Help shove Flint into his Mk.II. Make sure I have the Model C sub-exo "HOPE" equipped. Stand back and let the more durable people investigate. If it comes to fighting, target the more dangerous humans/sods and heat a one foot sphere centered on their head by 200 degrees Celsius, use the laser shotgun for turrets and for disabling less dangerous humans with shots to the arms and legs. Dodge and hide behind more durable people where appropriate
Team A

I've got a robotic leg so that should be no problem. If Skylar manages to fix my lungs, destroy all nearby cameras in case what happened was caused by an urban executor.

The only cameras were those on the sods themselves, and those melted along with everything else they had. Yes, you're in your exoskeleton, and now flint is in his Mk2, which patches him up enough that he won't die, but he's also down one lung so he shouldn't try running. Milno charges a will bonus to open the door and I see flint's still trying to blame outside forces on attempting to ram a sod with a golf cart.

Almost there guys.

TEAM B

Team B - Waiting Around

Need me to do anything?

Discard will bonus, charge exo bonus. Keep an eye out on the room while Simus defrosts.
Team B: Wild Weasels

"Actually yeah, I do have something you could do. Could you not fuck us over with your amps again? Would be greatly appreciated. Also, could you cover this room while Simus defrosts? I wanna get moving, or at least see what's in the corridors around us."

Ask Xan to cover the room, and head outside to see if I can find any colored lines. If I can't, head back along the blue line, grabbing some ammo from the turret as I go, until I reach the intersection with the red and green lines, and follow the Red line.

((I know I can't use the ammo with my rifle, but I can still use my amp to fire them.))
Well, morul grabs himself some ammo and follows the red line this time. According to signs along the way, this leads to the weapon control center. Unsurprisingly it's blocked by a locked door. Probably common sense, when you think about it.

TEAM C

Angel, Team C

When in doubt, the claymore is pointed at you Duck and cover, once the explosion is over or it's been longer than a grenade fuse, with a bit of time added on for safety, continue advancing to engage the last sod

Auron, team C.

Charge after the sod with my shield up whilst keeping an eye out for grenades.

If sod is spotted, laser the crap out of him.

Denzel Gaunt- Team C, Audax

"After him!" Denzel shouts, while gesturing for his teammates to take cover.

Take cover, and motion for the others to do the same. Taking cover behind Auron is acceptable.
Denzel and Angel leap back into their alcoves and take cover, while auron just charges forward yelling "NOPE." He rounds the corner, steps directly on a grenade, gets blown straight up into the air and into the ceiling, then falls back to the ground. From the ground, he whips out his laser rifle and promptly guns down the retreating sod.

TEAM E

Team E

Go ahead and arm those grenades, then help throw the body in with exoskeleton strength. Use my jets and buzz mode to haul ass to cover with my teammate, so to negate the danger of tripping!

Team E- Lerman
Operation "Throw the Mined Corpse"

Throw the corpse!

Bishop arms all the grenades at once and then hurls the corpse into the room before grabbing lerman and rocketing away and around the corner. As they get away, they hear a mechanical buzz of motors activating and then, a few seconds later, they feel the force of the explosion roll over them, it's sound dampened out by the suit to protect their ears.

TEAM F

Ship Beta: Team F: Grate

Brother Lars looks at the control panel, then Grate.  "Do you think you can bypass it, or should we use another cutter?  If anyone is in there, they probably heard us already."
"I've got it."

Hack the door.
Brother Lars:  Team F Chaplain

"O Holy Steve, we beg you!  May you shine your light down on young Brother Grate as he does your work!"

Pray for Grate.  Also assist him with the panel; Cover the door.
Team F

Hack the console if Grate and Lars fail. In the meantime, keep on guard.
[Grate aux:1+1]
Lar's prayers seem to have a negative effect on grate.
[jack aux:6+1]
Jack seems empowered by them...to a dangerous degree. He manages to unlock the door, turn on the fire alarm, override the PA system and begin playing a continuous loop of Vuvuzela "music".

Great.

TEAM G

Team G

Renen looks at May and then at the corridor.

Good. Now it's my turn.

Verify if there is no other danger in the corridor. Use Doc's Iaijutsu to cut the door open with my sword, ready to avoid any possible incoming attacks from the other side or my teammates.

Team G

Advance behind renen

Renen wanders up to the door and calmly slices it apart in a few seconds. Beyond the door is a relatively small room, replete with dozens of consoles and about six people in blue jumpsuits. They seem rather surprised to see you.

TEAM H

Hasala Nabin - Team H Sod Controller

Excellent. Use Order 223 and the recording of it to attempt to gain control of a remote Sod team. If it works, get the order number for 'move to specified location' and 'attack specified target', as well as the two you just mentioned.

Also get the information on what the bridge is defended by for Team AD. Also also check if any Sods are on the bridge.

You play order 223 over the intercom. There's a brief delay and then the sod cameras begin blinking out, one by one.

Team H, Starfleet Reminiscence Corps - Anton Chernozorov

>They weren't quite as passive or stupid as they are now at the time. It's taken them several hundred years of stagnation to become what they are; at the time I had less influence and they had keener eyes.  You'll simply have to take my word for it, but for one reason or many, earlier revolutions were not favorable.

Anton stretches in the chair, and resumes his casual posture. "Fair enough. I was mostly wondering if the UWM really has a predetermined plan on how to respond to a coordinated uprising like this. Say, if a group of rebels managed to one way or another take over a large ship... I guess I'm just too curious, and/or paranoid sometimes." He leans forward, absentmindedly scratching his stubble with his right hand, and looking thougtfully at the arrangement of screens in front of him. "Say, Steve. Was there ever a group of rebels that took over a large ship? Or a group of ships? Or maybe there was a renegade faction of some kind, that had some capital-class space power? I'm guessing you'll probably point me back to the Red Moon Rebellion, since it was the largest, but what I actually want to ask is, are there any large spaceship-to-spaceship battles on record? Or large spaceships against groups of smaller ships? It just sort of occurred to me that the UWM probably didn't see much conventional space combat in the Altered Wars, and seeing as they have ships that can do stuff besides blasting planets into space dust, they must have had some need for them. More importantly, it also just occurred to me that here I am, saddled by myself with the command of our entire meager aerospace forces, and I have nothing but videogame experience to show for any sort of space combat strategy and tactics. Something to learn from would come in handy."

Keep on chatting with Steve. Keep periodically checking the sensors.

>They have a process of dealing with stuff like this, but it's really not made for this large of an uprising. In general their response is just to throw troops at the problem till it stops being a problem. They're not very smart in that way, but you can't really blame them, it's served them well till now.

There were a few early rebellions that had ships of some power, but not for a while Red Moon was all ground based.

GreatWyrmGold

• Bay Watcher
  • Sane, by the local standards.
    • View Profile
« Reply #1311 on: April 25, 2014, 11:52:29 am »

Ship Beta: Team F: Grate: Lee Annoyed

"...You know, I'm starting to come to the conclusion that I'd probably be better off without you guys."

Enter the bridge. Exit the bridge if heavy resistance is encountered. If not, begin determining what the controls do.
Sig
Are you a GM with players who haven't posted? TheDelinquent Players Help will have Bay12 give you an action!
[GreatWyrmGold] gets a little crown. May it forever be his mark of Cain; let no one argue pointless subjects with him lest they receive the same.

Xantalos

• Bay Watcher
  • Your Friendly Salvation
    • View Profile
« Reply #1312 on: April 25, 2014, 11:54:18 am »

Team B

You done yet?

Check if Simus is defrosted. If not, sigh and wait around for her to finish.
Sig! Onol
Quote from: BFEL
XANTALOS, THE KARATEBOMINATION
Quote from: Toaster
((The Xantalos Die: [1, 1, 1, 6, 6, 6]))

Parisbre56

• Bay Watcher
  • I can haz skullz?
    • View Profile
    • parisbre56 Discord
« Reply #1313 on: April 25, 2014, 12:01:00 pm »

Team A

Keep an eye out for trouble.

((Well, since I don't know what roll I failed that caused me to attack those sods, I assumed the worse: that it was a will roll.))

Zako

• Bay Watcher
  • YEEEEAAAAHHHH!!!
    • View Profile
« Reply #1314 on: April 25, 2014, 12:28:28 pm »

Team E

Go grab something heavy and head back to the corridor. Toss the weight in and see if any traps activate.

Kriellya

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1315 on: April 25, 2014, 12:39:55 pm »

If the elevator is the only entrance to this level, or if it is the only quick entrance, go see if I can cause it to lock up.

Otherwise, wait with Milno, see what's on the other side of the door

(( I do not like the sounds of that over there with the Sod controllers... ah well, we couldn't have hoped for better, really :P ))

Team A

Keep an eye out for trouble.

((Well, since I don't know what roll I failed that caused me to attack those sods, I assumed the worse: that it was a will roll.))
(( I don't think you failed any roll? Your action wasn't qualified in any way, it was just 'charge the sods', which was a fine thing to do at that juncture :P
Well, charge the door, but I would have assumed that the sods were directly in the way. ))

Caellath

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1316 on: April 25, 2014, 12:49:38 pm »

Team A+D, "Dead Dirtbags" - Milno - D Leader - Ship Alpha - Plan Fuck-You-In-A-Box

"Old fart, don't try anything like that again."

Open the door with the gauntlet. In case the glove doesn't work, it's laser cutter time. If door is opened:

Activate EMM and destroy turrets or sods asap, disabling any human enemies or killing them in case they're too dangerous to engage non-lethally.
« Last Edit: April 25, 2014, 09:42:23 pm by Caellath »
"Hey steve." You speak into the air.
>Yes?
"Could you guys also make a hamburger out of this arm when they cut it off? I wanted to eat it just for the sake of tasting it."
>That is horrible and disgusting. It will no doubt set you apart and create fear in your team mates. So of course.

Tavik Toth

• Bay Watcher
  • Oh dear....
    • View Profile
« Reply #1317 on: April 25, 2014, 01:44:00 pm »

Team F

"Good Enough."

Open door. Prepare to take cover of needed.

kisame12794

• Bay Watcher
  • !!Arc Welder!!
    • View Profile
« Reply #1318 on: April 25, 2014, 03:40:13 pm »

Team B: Wild Weasels

"Oooooh, Weapons Control. Hrmmm. Wonder if it's just the main guns, or the in ship defences too."

Examine the door for anything that could be a trap, or defence system. If none are found, examine the keypad, and charge an Aux bonus.
The non-assholes vastly outnumber the assholes but the assholes can fart with greater volume.
((You're an arm and a torso in low orbit. This was the best possible resolution of things.))

swordsmith04

• Bay Watcher
  • Communist Gnome
    • View Profile
« Reply #1319 on: April 25, 2014, 04:15:10 pm »

Hasala Nabin - Team H Sod Controller

Broadcast the following via my Sods to the hostages:
"I appreciate honesty. So from this point, everything we say to one another will be the absolute truth, yes? Because with that in mind, I am going to tell you that I will order one of your deaths for every lie you tell me. Sods: Execute one of the hostages.

Now: What is the actual command for transferal of control? The first to tell me the answer to my question will survive. I will order the execution of everyone else."

Execute one of the hostages. Demand actual command transfer order. Make sure I only played the bad command to one of the Sod teams, like my action specified.

To Team AD:
"We have a problem, here. I was given a faulty command by the hostages I have - the UWM captains, by the way. The UWM soldiers' videofeeds are cutting off - they might be killing themselves, but more likely they've cut their feeds or disabled their cameras. And I still don't have anything on the bridge for you, sorry."
[/quote]
Pages: 1 ... 86 87 [88] 89 90 ... 109