Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 284 285 [286] 287 288 ... 360

Author Topic: DFHack 0.43.03-r1  (Read 1087437 times)

Max™

• Bay Watcher
  • [CULL:SQUARE]
    • View Profile
Re: DFHack 0.42.06-r1
« Reply #4275 on: May 10, 2016, 05:59:28 pm »

I imagine advfort is due for an overhaul, to see what sort of stuff we can improve from the interface it uses, it would be nice if we could merge it into the building interface for adventurer mode to some extent but that will probably require more capable gui wizardry.

Things like workflow and stocks will need a full overhaul I assume.

Warmist

• Bay Watcher
  • Master of unfinished jobs
    • View Profile
« Reply #4276 on: May 10, 2016, 11:52:04 pm »

I imagine advfort is due for an overhaul, to see what sort of stuff we can improve from the interface it uses, it would be nice if we could merge it into the building interface for adventurer mode to some extent but that will probably require more capable gui wizardry.

I was hoping to drop advfort support, but after playing some df it seems like I can't do it yet. However it's too soon to tell if merging would be possible. I would guess it's unlikely but we'll see.

Putnam

• Bay Watcher
  • DAT WIZARD
    • View Profile
« Reply #4277 on: May 10, 2016, 11:53:07 pm »

What exactly's it missing? Digging?

Rumrusher

• Bay Watcher
  • current project : searching...
    • View Profile
« Reply #4278 on: May 11, 2016, 12:27:10 am »

the fact you don't get lock out of construction because there a hostile in the area... I mean it's for safety reasons but damn it I wanna dig myself an early grave.
like fort mode jobs are still doable... to order other npcs than the player. so there hope for that code to be put to better use.
then you have the what if I just wanna steal supplies from a town and use that for my fort? advfort allows you to do this.
I thought I would I had never hear my daughter's escapades from some boy...
DAMN YOU RUMRUSHER!!!!!!!!
"body swapping and YOU!"
Adventure in baby making!Adv Homes

Warmist

• Bay Watcher
  • Master of unfinished jobs
    • View Profile
« Reply #4279 on: May 11, 2016, 12:33:19 am »

It only has: construction (with only carpenters workshop), tree cutting, item-based buildings (e.g. coffin and coffers etc...)
I'm sure eventually we'll have everything else. And the dissapearing buildings and items are confirmed bug (each time you sleep time advanced by <your current world age> :D)

Deon

• Bay Watcher
  • 💀 💀 💀 💀 💀
    • View Profile
« Reply #4280 on: May 11, 2016, 05:28:46 pm »

Hey DFHack gurus, how difficult would it be to unlock other buildings besides carpenter's workshop for the adventure mode building? I was highly dissapointed when I noticed that it's the only workshop you can create.
▬(ஜ۩۞۩ஜ)▬
✫ DF Wanderer ✫ - the adventure mode crafting and tweaks
✫ Cartographer's Lounge ✫ - a custom worldgen repository

lethosor

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #4281 on: May 11, 2016, 05:48:40 pm »

Well, the menu's entirely new, and nobody's looked at it yet to figure out exactly. It might be possible.
DFHack - Dwarf Manipulator (Lua) - DF Wiki talk

There was a typo in the siegers' campfire code. When the fires went out, so did the game.

Dirst

• Bay Watcher
  • [EASILY_DISTRA
    • View Profile
« Reply #4282 on: May 12, 2016, 12:19:28 am »

What does the workflow tool do that seems to be not yet possible with the manager?  Would there be value in using the workflow UI to control the manager?

(I personally usually don't run a fort long enough for workflow to be relevant.)

For my own stuff, it doesn't sound like the map data, event triggers or create-unit stuff has changed... which means it should Just Work™ once the memory mapping is complete.
Just got back, updating:
(0.42 & 0.43) The Earth Strikes Back! v2.15 - Pay attention...  It's a mine!  It's-a not yours!
(0.42 & 0.43) Appearance Tweaks v1.03 - Tease those hippies about their pointy ears.
(0.42 & 0.43) Accessibility Utility v1.04 - Console tools to navigate the map

Max™

• Bay Watcher
  • [CULL:SQUARE]
    • View Profile
« Reply #4283 on: May 12, 2016, 12:34:01 am »

I was hoping to drop advfort support, but after playing some df it seems like I can't do it yet. However it's too soon to tell if merging would be possible. I would guess it's unlikely but we'll see.

I think there will still be a spot for advfort on spot stuff, but doing the great big constructions I've done with advfort and doing them like this... yeah, no question new way is best there. Being able to dig until Toady adds it in will be invauable as always, and being able to deconstruct/alter things outside of the current non-site/camp-site limitations will be nice to have back to play with.

I know I'm going to poke around and see just how hard and fast the non-site modification stuff is, like embark-everywhere for these constructions being a nice target.

necrotic

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #4284 on: May 12, 2016, 01:07:22 pm »

What does the workflow tool do that seems to be not yet possible with the manager?  Would there be value in using the workflow UI to control the manager?

I think workflow is entirely replaced with the new job controls; the new controls have even more flexibility (eg multiple conditions) than workflow did.

kane_t

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #4285 on: May 13, 2016, 11:21:09 am »

so here's the script I use for healing wounds on my adventurer.
this script doesn't poke into syndromes and remove them.

Hmm, it doesn't remove syndromes, but will it revive people who're dying of alcohol-induced suffocation?  I'm not sure if the problem there is just suffocating because of a blocked airway that they can't clear because they're unconscious (which your script definitely fixes) or if the unconsciousness is a symptom of the suffocation.

Speaking of, does anybody know if the severity of alcohol-induced illness is proportional to the value of the alcohol?  Because I've had a suspicious number of alcohol-related deaths, and also have a modded booze that's more valuable than sunshine.  It occurred to me that, if the "strength" of alcohol is determined by its value, nobody might've noticed before since the normal alcohol values are so close to each other (2, 3, and 5).

scamtank

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #4286 on: May 13, 2016, 01:05:26 pm »

Speaking of, does anybody know if the severity of alcohol-induced illness is proportional to the value of the alcohol?  Because I've had a suspicious number of alcohol-related deaths, and also have a modded booze that's more valuable than sunshine.  It occurred to me that, if the "strength" of alcohol is determined by its value, nobody might've noticed before since the normal alcohol values are so close to each other (2, 3, and 5).

Barring a completely bizarre moonshot of a bug, no. Syndromes are syndromes, and their behavior is dictated separately from start to finish.

zenos14

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #4287 on: May 13, 2016, 10:22:06 pm »

I think workflow is entirely replaced with the new job controls; the new controls have even more flexibility (eg multiple conditions) than workflow did.

One thing I really want though is workflow's (or the stockpile jobs's ability) to do stuff like "Keep making X until you have Y items of Z quality"
The new version doesn't seem to have it, unless I missed something

Rumrusher

• Bay Watcher
  • current project : searching...
    • View Profile
« Reply #4288 on: May 13, 2016, 11:55:15 pm »

so here's the script I use for healing wounds on my adventurer.
this script doesn't poke into syndromes and remove them.

Hmm, it doesn't remove syndromes, but will it revive people who're dying of alcohol-induced suffocation?  I'm not sure if the problem there is just suffocating because of a blocked airway that they can't clear because they're unconscious (which your script definitely fixes) or if the unconsciousness is a symptom of the suffocation.

the script was posted for someone who didn't want their interactions removed since they are tied to Syndromes and the default dfhack heal script kinda deletes syndromes completely.

I thought I would I had never hear my daughter's escapades from some boy...
DAMN YOU RUMRUSHER!!!!!!!!
"body swapping and YOU!"
Adventure in baby making!Adv Homes

Silverybearded

• Bay Watcher
  • Midor Belnekol!
    • View Profile
« Reply #4289 on: May 14, 2016, 12:24:48 am »

One thing I really want though is workflow's (or the stockpile jobs's ability) to do stuff like "Keep making X until you have Y items of Z quality"
The new version doesn't seem to have it, unless I missed something
You could enforce it by linking the job to a workshop which is limited to the corresponding minimum skill.
Engraved is a superior rendition of an image of Arkoth, the local deity of balance and speech, and two elves. Arkoth is burning the two elves. Arkoth is laughing. The two elves are suffering. The image was commissioned by the Round Guild, a local dwarven government.
Pages: 1 ... 284 285 [286] 287 288 ... 360