Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 609 610 [611] 612 613 ... 879

Author Topic: Things that made you laugh today: some people notice when 1 change the title  (Read 1567470 times)

Kagus

• Bay Watcher
  • Olive oil. Don't you?
    • View Profile
Re: Things that made you laugh today: 9244 snickers and counting
« Reply #9150 on: August 30, 2018, 04:43:19 am »

The only solution is to hope that the UB GC leaves the forum forever (or he gets banned, but that's not very likely). He was not very active lately, so that is a pretty real prospect.
Or, y'know, we allow people we disagree with to exist and do their thing without having to call for their annihilation.

KittyTac

• Bay Watcher
  • Impending Catsplosion. [PREFSTRING:aloofness]
    • View Profile
« Reply #9151 on: August 30, 2018, 04:51:29 am »

The only solution is to hope that the UB GC leaves the forum forever (or he gets banned, but that's not very likely). He was not very active lately, so that is a pretty real prospect.
Or, y'know, we allow people we disagree with to exist and do their thing without having to call for their annihilation.
Not when they actively derail every second suggestion thread. Every third now that he's less active.
« Last Edit: August 30, 2018, 04:54:17 am by KittyTac »
Don't trust this toaster that much, it could be a villain in disguise.
Mostly phone-posting, sorry for any typos or autocorrect hijinks.

Yoink

• Bay Watcher
  • OKAY, FINE.
    • View Profile
« Reply #9152 on: August 30, 2018, 05:20:37 am »

Kagus, have you already forgotten the Roblox debacle? :P

That said, I haven't encountered the user in question but they sound like they could be something of a GYGGWG, i.e, actually disruptive and inflammatory.
I don't know, though. Can't be bothered investigating. Too busy.
« Last Edit: August 30, 2018, 06:06:02 am by Yoink »
Booze is Life for Yoink

To deprive him of Drink is to steal divinity from God.
you need to reconsider your life
If there's any cause worth dying for, it's memes.

Bumber

• Bay Watcher
  • REMOVE KOBOLD
    • View Profile
« Reply #9153 on: August 30, 2018, 05:27:32 am »

Let's not have GC derail where he's not even around, shall we?

For the purposes of this thread, the humor is in the content of the post, not in who posted it.

That said, I haven't encountered the user in question but they sound like they could be something of a GYG, i.e, actually disruptive and inflammatory.
I'm not sure what GYG is supposed to stand for here, but I guess some Mexican food can be disruptive and inflammatory. Mostly that's just Taco Bell, though.
« Last Edit: August 30, 2018, 05:34:53 am by Bumber »
Reading his name would trigger it. Thinking of him would trigger it. No other circumstances would trigger it- it was strictly related to the concept of Bill Clinton entering the conscious mind.

THE xTROLL FUR SOCKx RUSE WAS A........... DISTACTION        the carp HAVE the wagon

A wizard has turned you into a wagon. This was inevitable (Y/y)?

Yoink

• Bay Watcher
  • OKAY, FINE.
    • View Profile
« Reply #9154 on: August 30, 2018, 06:05:13 am »

Haha, damn. I typed "GWG" but I guess my phone decided to autocorrect it to my second-favourite Mexican food chain.

Edit: or maybe third, if you count Tuckeria in Brisbane as a 'chain' despite it having only two or three locations last I checked. Damn, I kinda miss that place, with their dank-ass back alley hole-in-the-wall vibes.
The other location of theirs that I remember going to was right in the valley mall, too, which is pretty freakin' convenient. I think the hotdog place with their sauerkraut-stuffed vegan dawgz was probably my more frequent drunk food option, though, since it was there longer and was probably open a lot later.

Not that that poor city has nightlife anymore. RIP. :'(
« Last Edit: August 30, 2018, 06:11:15 am by Yoink »
Booze is Life for Yoink

To deprive him of Drink is to steal divinity from God.
you need to reconsider your life
If there's any cause worth dying for, it's memes.

hops

• Bay Watcher
  • Secretary of Antifa
    • View Profile
« Reply #9155 on: August 30, 2018, 07:43:19 am »

As a hearing impaired person, I find ASMR offensive.
Y'all are ableist af. :P
That explains your music taste nah jk your music tastes are good
she/her. (Pronouns vary over time.) The artist formerly known as Objective/Cinder.

One True Polycule with flame99 <3

TamerVirus

• Bay Watcher
  • Who cares
    • View Profile
« Reply #9156 on: August 30, 2018, 07:57:30 am »

Differing opinions?
Tolerating differing opinions???

Preposterous
What can mysteriously disappear can mysteriously reappear
*Shakes fist at TamerVirus*

Teneb

• Bay Watcher
  • (they/them) Penguin rebellion
    • View Profile
« Reply #9157 on: August 30, 2018, 11:41:20 am »

Differing opinions?

Preposterous
Soon you'll be telling me that we need to accept people who are different!
Monstrous Manual: D&D in DF
Quote from: Tack
What if “slammed in the ass by dead philosophers” is actually the thing which will progress our culture to the next step?

Reelya

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #9158 on: August 30, 2018, 03:45:49 pm »

A Kentucky woman was alone in a police interview room, and when the cops were out of the room she was happily dancing around and singing "I did it". It was after her boyfriend was murdered.

I'm sure the police appreciate the video evidence she provided for them.

Surveillance footage, filmed just hours after the shooting in a police interrogation room showed Hubers dancing and singing, “I did it, yes. I did it.” Hubers can be heard chanting on the video and waving a finger in the air. “I can’t believe I did that.”

Akura

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #9159 on: August 30, 2018, 04:30:22 pm »

Unrelated, but also based off of silly crime stuff, was playing L.A. Noire, doing the Homicide cases, decided to drive away from the scene in the coroner's wagon rather than my own car. Your partner actually has a line for that.
They asked me how well I understood theoretical physics. I told them I had a theoretical degree in physics. They said welcome aboard.
... Yes, the hugs are for everyone.  No stabbing, though.  Just hugs.

Loud Whispers

• Bay Watcher
  • They said we have to aim higher, so we dug deeper.
    • View Profile
    • I APPLAUD YOU SIRRAH
« Reply #9160 on: August 30, 2018, 04:57:31 pm »

A Kentucky woman was alone in a police interview room, and when the cops were out of the room she was happily dancing around and singing "I did it". It was after her boyfriend was murdered.

Surveillance footage, filmed just hours after the shooting in a police interrogation room showed Hubers dancing and singing, “I did it, yes. I did it.” Hubers can be heard chanting on the video and waving a finger in the air. “I can’t believe I did that.”
I thought her name was Hubris

hector13

• Bay Watcher
  • It’s shite being Scottish
    • View Profile
« Reply #9161 on: August 30, 2018, 05:20:31 pm »

I thought her name was Hubris
Ahhh I see what you did there.

Maybe if we’re Patient we’ll get some more.
Look, we need to raise a psychopath who will murder God, we have no time to be spending on cooking.

the way your fingertips plant meaningless soliloquies makes me think you are the true evil among us.

KittyTac

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #9162 on: August 30, 2018, 10:52:32 pm »

Differing opinions?

Preposterous
Soon you'll be telling me that we need to accept people who are different!
Here's the problem: He's disruptive.

George_Chickens

• Bay Watcher
  • Ghosts are stored in the balls.
    • View Profile
« Reply #9163 on: August 30, 2018, 11:01:54 pm »

Yeah, I have to agree with that. It's not that he has "different opinions", it's that he does not give the impression of being willing to honestly debate them and consider sources which contradict his own opinions, and thus will derail any thread that mildly vexes with no goal other than "I am right, look at how right I am!", regardless of the content of the thread.

He even tends to insult those who disagree with him, driving home this point. Just look at his posts, there's an "i smrt, u stoopid" nearly every second page.

It comes across as highly egotistical and self absorbed to want to make every thread you post it a debate about your personal philosophy rather than actually discuss the topic at hand. It's a recent thing, too. He knows how not to derail threads, he knows how to put his opinions across in a friendly manner, but he chooses not to.
« Last Edit: August 30, 2018, 11:24:34 pm by George_Chickens »
Ghosts are stored in the balls?[/quote]
also George_Chickens quit fucking my sister

KittyTac

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #9164 on: August 30, 2018, 11:23:40 pm »

I'd love it if he was banned for at least a month and warned.
Pages: 1 ... 609 610 [611] 612 613 ... 879