Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Poll

According to the newest research, what substance is best tasked with reinvorgorating a sleepy thread?

Powdered Sweet Pod
Crushed Mermaid Scale
Elven Bone Marrow
Flaked Adamantine
Ground Unicorn Horn

Pages: 1 ... 66 67 [68] 69 70 ... 144

Author Topic: The Hastening of Doomforests  (Read 437843 times)

mate888

• Bay Watcher
  • [CRAZED]
    • View Profile

Oh God.
The universe wants me to think only of Doomforests, doesn't it?
My second turn's unnoficial goal was to turn everyone into vampires, and it backfired so bad, I ended up making the fort a more efficient, safer and friendlier place.
Apparently they evolved a taste for everything I love and care about

TheFlame52

• Bay Watcher
  • Master of the randomly generated
    • View Profile

...What is that?

Max™

• Bay Watcher
  • [CULL:SQUARE]
    • View Profile

Well it's two chief weapons are fear, drunkenness, and magma.

Err, I mean it's three chief weapons are fear, drunkenness, and magma.

((And axes!))

Yes, the three chief weapons are fear, drunkenness, magma, and axes.

Taupe

• Bay Watcher
  • Weasel Monarch
    • View Profile

Well it's two chief weapons are fear, drunkenness, and magma.
Err, I mean it's three chief weapons are fear, drunkenness, and magma.
((And axes!))
Yes, the three chief weapons are fear, drunkenness, magma, and axes.
Drunkenness is awesome, it's like a free weapon.

Dark One

• Bay Watcher
  • 'What do I care for your suffering?'
    • View Profile

The kobold priest moved slowly through the darkness, holding the termite skull in his hands. He walked past the great cavern lakes, through the dread passage to the altar. He placed the skull on the rock slab, in between the candles. Then he made a short prayer:

- ISTHUT ATHOTAT ETHELUR

And waited for response, to no avail. Something was not right. The undead kobold focused, sending a stream of red energy into the realms, but the seeking thunder haven't found anything of interest. He sat down close to the altar and waited, but after a while of silence he decided to use the termite skull. He came closer and cast the seeking thunder again, this time sending it through a magical bridge cast into the skull. The thunder flewn into the palace of Dark One, and came back to the kobold, giving him vision of the palace.

The place was dark and empty. Cracked walls barely hold the weight of construction. There was only Dark One's throne present there. As the kobold watched, the throne started to burn, leaving only a pile of ash. Suddenly the whole palace started to tremble, and it has been destroyed by the powers of void.

The kobold priest shuddered, but the powers that brought him undead were still present. Without anything more to do, he just walked until he entered the MechaTechno territory. Afraid cultists called for their comrades, so they could defeat the undead threat quickly. They readied the weapons and crundles, but the master engineer have stopped them.

- Who are you? You must be a slave of that fiend, Dark One! What do you want!?

- We are doomed! Our master have abandoned us!

- What!?

Suddenly the kobold shudders as powers that brought him undead have disappeared, leaving only a pile of bones.

Salmeuk

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: The Hastening of Doomforests
« Reply #1010 on: May 27, 2015, 07:45:20 pm »

I . . . have returned. This glorious tale yet continues!

Updated OP and caught up with the story.

-Goblin invaders are harassing the local wildlife more than they are us. It's like all they came here for was to put forth a motion for Langur genocide.

Perhaps Doomforests was named after the plight of the Langurs.

-The Crundle who was fighting an Elk Bird died. Looks like it needed more training.

I seem to have missed the implementation of our Crundle Training program, haha.

Spoiler: Lonely Solon (click to show/hide)

Is our dining room really that clean? Amazing.

Spoiler: Mason's Corner (click to show/hide)

I remember carving out those rooms, many years previous. Before my death.

Taupe

• Bay Watcher
  • Weasel Monarch
    • View Profile
« Reply #1011 on: May 27, 2015, 10:21:26 pm »

Hey, that dinning room looks actually nice and friendly, now that it isn't used as a werewolf containment facility/murderroom, or as a lair for a lone dirty insane doctor!

Iamblichos

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1012 on: May 29, 2015, 01:38:35 pm »

Yay, it lives!  :)

Also, Taupe, I am honored that I was considered sig-worthy  :)
I'm new to succession forts in general, yes, but do all forts designed by multiple overseers inevitably degenerate into a body-filled labyrinth of chaos and despair like this? Or is this just a Battlefailed thing?

There isn't much middle ground between killed-by-dragon and never-seen-by-dragon.

Taupe

• Bay Watcher
  • Weasel Monarch
    • View Profile
« Reply #1013 on: May 29, 2015, 04:26:27 pm »

Yay, it lives!  :)

Also, Taupe, I am honored that I was considered sig-worthy  :)
It's perfect. Incredubly specific, yet hilariously universal...

mate888

• Bay Watcher
  • [CRAZED]
    • View Profile
« Reply #1014 on: May 29, 2015, 06:49:41 pm »

Likot runs into the Chief Inquisitor's office.
-Your Holiness!
-Call me Mate, Likot, I know you from before we came into this fort.
-Mate, there's some foul stench coming from Mecha Techno territory. Maybe the undead are back.
-The undead? Dark One is dead, there can't be!
-Then what is it?
-Maybe dead crundles and... Oh, no.
-What?
-If those crazy crundle-lovers are leaving their dead crundles to rot so that other crundles eat them, the crundles eating their rotten brothers may get sick and die, expanding sickness throught the fort!
-What should we do, then?
-Send some of our guys into their territory. Well armed. Kill as many crundles as you are able to and burn them. We can't risk the fort.
-What if we are spotted by someone?
-Don't kill dwarves. Knock them unconcious if necessary, but if they sound the alarm, you escape from their territory.
-As you command.
My second turn's unnoficial goal was to turn everyone into vampires, and it backfired so bad, I ended up making the fort a more efficient, safer and friendlier place.
Apparently they evolved a taste for everything I love and care about

TechnoXan

• Bay Watcher
  • Crundles + Kobolds = AWESOME!!
    • View Profile
« Reply #1015 on: May 29, 2015, 10:15:45 pm »

The Codex of TechnoXan, Master Mecha Engineer
                    Entry Eight:   
Well. Security seems tight, but first a crazy overseer, and now a shambling Kobold long dead walking right through our pens and training quarters and into my counsel meeting with the scholars. Scared the living crap out of Zurek. Well then the aberration said something about being abandoned! Is Dark One, that eternal thorn in my side, finally dead? Oh why would that stop him! That thing brought a horrible stench too! Well anyway, I have arranged the four acolyte handlers with fourteen Alpha Crundles in our attack force. We will strike -wait! The pressure plates on mine shaft theta are activated?! Sound the alarm! Everyone back to your assigned pens and living quarters. This is not a drill! Send down the strike team and I want backup squads in the counsel room! Form on me, whoever this is, otherworldly dead or zealots. We will not yield! These are our caverns and this is our base, the Mechatechno sect will prevail! Oh lord here they come, the inquisition will fall today!

So sorry about the absents, SOLS just ended! Aaaaand now math finals. Well in a week or so. Anyway, so do you want to pm through the fight Mate? :D well, the RP is looking awesome!  ;D :P
By the by, if your wondering why I use so many smiley faces, its because I smile a lot when I talk. So I use them here so I don't come off the wrong way.

And so it begins...
OPEN THE GATES!

Dark One

• Bay Watcher
  • 'What do I care for your suffering?'
    • View Profile
« Reply #1016 on: May 30, 2015, 06:52:16 am »

[OOC] I made a slow adventurer run from DateTattoed to Doomforests. [/OOC]

Vampires, heretics and night creatures terrorize the world on a daily basis. In these dark times, Shorast Strangerways, soon to be known as The Craterous Comet of Fields, decides to stop this with violent force!

For months I was tracking a fiend by the name Dark One. By corresponding with one of the cultists, I managed to locate his lair - Doomforests. On the way to DateTattoed, in one of the hamlets I met a swordsman seeking the demon too. I told him where he should go. I never met that swordsman again, he probably died on the way, got killed by cultists or the fiend itself.

The journey starts in DateTattoed, once glorious capital of mankind, now ruins full of lurking vampires and crazed cultists.

Spoiler: Cultist Slaughterfest (click to show/hide)

Spoiler: Vampire Hunt (click to show/hide)

Spoiler: The way to Doomforests (click to show/hide)
« Last Edit: June 02, 2015, 10:12:55 am by Dark One »

PsychoAngel

• Bay Watcher
  • My silliness is our saving grace.
    • View Profile
    • Steam Profile
« Reply #1017 on: May 31, 2015, 03:30:23 pm »

Sorry about being so late. To be honest, I wasn't feeling the itch, and because of the framerate I'm getting in Doomforests, that's pretty much a deciding factor. I've also been sick this week, but am feeling much better now.

However, I'm kinda feeling the itch now, so I might get an update out by the end of the day. If not, expect something tomorrow.

Apologies for not letting you guys know.
Our forward thinking overseer at the time devised a way in which werebeasts can live in peace with other dwarves by utilizing the mysterious magical properties of soap!

Quote from: PsychoAngel on January 19, 2016
Don't worry. I've got extremely volatile exploding fish.
My friends and I say a lot of fun things to each other.

PsychoAngel

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • Steam Profile
« Reply #1018 on: June 01, 2015, 09:43:04 am »

Sorry I wasn't able to get to it yesterday. But without farther ado, I will now begin a large session.

Prepare for the triple-postening.
Our forward thinking overseer at the time devised a way in which werebeasts can live in peace with other dwarves by utilizing the mysterious magical properties of soap!

PsychoAngel

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • Steam Profile
« Reply #1019 on: June 01, 2015, 11:49:16 am »

Journal of Psycho II: Third Entry

It is the eighteenth of Slate, and as time roves on, more and more odd occurrences happen within the walls of Doomforests.

So far we've had a crundle pit with no crundles, goblins attempting to murder all langurs, and a corpse that people just refuse to bury.

What in the name of Armok will happen next?

Accomplishments:
-Built a few magma forges in the depths of Doomforests near the dorm rooms.
-Had a fisherman who was trapped in the caverns break a wall and open the cavern. Will install a door.
-Now we have a close-by source of fish
-Found loads of gold inside the cavern.
-I have given birth to a son! He will be a strong worker and will know the value of family tradition.
-Traded with humans. Gave them some high-value crafts for drinks, animals, splints, crutches, metal bars, equipment, and berries

Happenings:
-Oddom Matstukos has changed profession to Mason.
-A metalcrafter has been possessed!
-Summer has arrived.
-Human traders have arrived!
-Moody dwarf seizes gold, marble, cloth, leather, and wood for the construction.
-Pencil Art has been reelected.
-Migrants have arrived
-Artifact Complete! It was a gold earring.

Oddities:
-When did the fisherman get in the cave? Who sealed it?!
-Saw a guy sleeping in the wood stockpile. Don't they know that there's a perfectly good dorm room?
-Supplies tell me we can forge several different metals, but the workers say otherwise.
-Found a 1x1 Cinnabar bridge where there doesn't need to be a bridge.

Scenes:
Spoiler: New Forges (click to show/hide)

That'll be all from me for now. I would have taken a screenie of the sleeping man, but I forgot. I'll do some more either later today or tomorrow.
Man, since I started this format for the journal, I have to keep with it. I kinda miss writing a narrative.

Pages: 1 ... 66 67 [68] 69 70 ... 144