Poll

What is your preferred system?

Any D&D/D20
Shadowrun
World of Darkness
Palladium
Other (feel free to post about it)

Pages: 1 ... 409 410 [411] 412 413 ... 623

Author Topic: Re: Dungeons & Dragons / PNP games thread: COBRA!!!  (Read 845584 times)

Kagus

• Bay Watcher
  • Olive oil. Don't you?
    • View Profile
Re: Dungeons & Dragons / PNP games thread: The Barren Snowflake Wastes
« Reply #6150 on: November 10, 2018, 09:12:11 am »

Okay, so... Let's say Ranger X with either a level of Rogue or just spending a feat on Prodigy. Pick up expertise in Perception and the Observant feat. Max out Wisdom (want a combat stat too? Too bad, take Shillelagh as yet another feat or just suck it up).

In your favored terrain at level 20, you now have a passive Perception roll of 10+12+5+5 = 32.

Proceed to never be able to sleep again, since you hear everything.

Or you could just decide to cultivate an antimagic moustache as a Gnomish Paladin and enjoy advantage on mental saves vs. magic and also add your CHA mod to them. The +2 Int will really be useful here, as you're gonna need to be pretty damn smart to figure out how you're gonna do anything as a pipsqueak pally.

EDIT: As an aside, anybody else get a bit disappointed by reading some grand tale of tabletop nonsense, getting into it, and then uncovering that it's blatantly a fabrication? Bleh... I'm not even halfway through yet, there's still at least like thirty chapters to go.

Mephisto

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #6151 on: November 10, 2018, 12:33:15 pm »

Which one might that be? The only long running game tales I'm aware of at the moment are Steelshod and the All Guardsman Party.

Kagus

• Bay Watcher
  • Olive oil. Don't you?
    • View Profile
« Reply #6152 on: November 10, 2018, 01:17:50 pm »

Which one might that be? The only long running game tales I'm aware of at the moment are Steelshod and the All Guardsman Party.
I'm reading "Memories of a Stone Wall", which starts off at least somewhat pretending to be an in-character account of a Legend of the Five Rings campaign. It becomes fairly obvious fairly quickly that it's just an exceptionally long fictional greentext.

I also got finished reading The Industrious Rogue for the first time a few days ago, which spurred the interest in reading more tales of craziness.

Hanslanda

• Bay Watcher
  • Baal's More Evil American Twin
    • View Profile
« Reply #6153 on: November 10, 2018, 04:40:25 pm »

Deinonychus Cavalier 1/Ranger 1/Druid however many. Rides a Tyrannosaurus into battle, learned languages out of spite, and summons swarms of velociraptors as it's primary combat role.

This would be the most Crazy Awesome BBEG ever.
Well, we could put two and two together and write a book: "The Shit that Hans and Max Did: You Won't Believe This Shit."
He's fucking with us.

wierd

• Bay Watcher
  • I like to eat small children.
    • View Profile
« Reply #6154 on: November 10, 2018, 05:40:50 pm »

BONUS points, if it places the helmet ON the T-Rex, and has initiated the training process on its mount.

(Imagines tiny fireballs shooting from short stubby T-Rex arms, followed by horrible biting.)

(See also, Master-Blaster, Dinosaur style--)

« Last Edit: November 10, 2018, 05:44:41 pm by wierd »

Hanslanda

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #6155 on: November 10, 2018, 06:32:08 pm »

Deinonychus Cavalier 1/Ranger 1/ Druid 10

Tyrannosaurus Wizard 10
Well, we could put two and two together and write a book: "The Shit that Hans and Max Did: You Won't Believe This Shit."
He's fucking with us.

Kadzar

• Bay Watcher
  • Descan Pengwind
    • View Profile
« Reply #6156 on: November 10, 2018, 07:17:58 pm »

Tyrannosaurus Wizard 10
It has to be at least Cavalier 3, since Fighter can't pick up archetypes until 3rd level, but otherwise good. Honestly, the Deinonychus stats are even pretty good for these classes, and you'd only have to bump up the wisdom 1 point to make it work with multiclass rules.
What if the earth is just a knick in one of the infinite swords of the mighty fractal bear?
Glory to Arstotzka!

Hanslanda

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #6157 on: November 10, 2018, 08:34:32 pm »

Tyrannosaurus Wizard 10
It has to be at least Cavalier 3, since Fighter can't pick up archetypes until 3rd level, but otherwise good. Honestly, the Deinonychus stats are even pretty good for these classes, and you'd only have to bump up the wisdom 1 point to make it work with multiclass rules.

Well for my scaly BBEG we can easily set him at Cavalier 3/Druid 10, assume that first level 4 point is WIS plus maybe a few booster items easily affordable with level 13 cash. Then bring on the Dinopain.
He's fucking with us.

Mephisto

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #6158 on: November 12, 2018, 01:40:59 pm »

I love this.

DM says "let's run through Teen Sex: The Movie!" and comes up with lots of love mechanics and interpersonal connections between the PCs.

Actually puts the characters through Friday the 13th.

Kadzar

• Bay Watcher
  • Descan Pengwind
    • View Profile
« Reply #6159 on: November 12, 2018, 03:31:34 pm »

Teen Sex: The Movie!"
Just a heads up for everyone: this is not a real movie; do not Google this phrase if you're at work or whatever.
What if the earth is just a knick in one of the infinite swords of the mighty fractal bear?
Glory to Arstotzka!

Mephisto

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #6160 on: November 12, 2018, 03:54:18 pm »

Yeah. Paraphrased. Sorry. The faux title was mentioned somewhere in the video but I didn't want to click around to find it. If you've seen modern "party teens" slasher flicks, you can probably get the gist of what the movie is supposed to be about.

Persus13

• Bay Watcher
  • 6th King of the Mafia
    • View Profile
« Reply #6161 on: November 12, 2018, 04:29:44 pm »

I think he called in Summerspell in the podcast. I listened and enjoyed this for 5 minutes, and I'll probably check out the rest pretty soon. Is anything else they've worth listening to too, out of curiosity?
Congratulations Persus, now you are forced to have the same personal text for an entire year!
Longbowmen horsearcher doomstacks that suffer no attrition and can navigate all major rivers without ships.
Sigtext

Mephisto

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #6162 on: November 12, 2018, 04:35:07 pm »

Jumanji and Back to the Future were pretty good.

Tack

• Bay Watcher
  • Giving nothing to a community who gave me so much.
    • View Profile
« Reply #6163 on: November 12, 2018, 04:59:11 pm »

Ahem: PTW

Also i’ll be testing out the PF2.0 beta sometime in the next weeks so that’s neat.
Still would probably rather play dnd5 though
Sentience, Endurance, and Thumbs: The Trifector of a Superpredator.
Yeah, he's a banned spammer. Normally we'd delete this thread too, but people were having too much fun with it by the time we got here.

Kadzar

• Bay Watcher
  • Descan Pengwind
    • View Profile
« Reply #6164 on: November 29, 2018, 09:49:49 pm »

Just remembered this campaign setting that was devised in this thread last year, and disappointed that no one thought to refer to it as bloodpunk.
Glory to Arstotzka!
Pages: 1 ... 409 410 [411] 412 413 ... 623