Poll

What is your preferred system?

Any D&D/D20
Shadowrun
World of Darkness
Palladium
Other (feel free to post about it)

Pages: 1 ... 432 433 [434] 435 436 ... 623

Author Topic: Re: Dungeons & Dragons / PNP games thread: COBRA!!!  (Read 845457 times)

Digital Hellhound

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: Dungeons & Dragons / PNP games thread: The Barren Snowflake Wastes
« Reply #6495 on: February 01, 2019, 09:23:57 am »

I’m glad to hear that the Swedes knew to respect the king of the woods as well. The bit about the Sami being powerful and scary witches is true to Finnish folklore as well. South of Finland, it’s in turn the Finns who have a reputation for being witchy folk. It appears to be a common pattern.

I guess once you hit the Arctic you no longer have anyone north of you to call witches. You could work this into a campaign world as magic being more present and more powerful the norther you go - maybe the Pole is a magical vortex or such.
Russia is simply taking an anti-Fascist stance against European Nazi products, they should be applauded. ¡No parmesan!

Kagus

• Bay Watcher
  • Olive oil. Don't you?
    • View Profile
« Reply #6496 on: February 01, 2019, 09:31:00 am »

Would make sense with the lights and whatnot.

And then, the final boss, the archmage above all archmagi located at the northernmost focus of arcane power... Santa.

scriver

• Bay Watcher
  • City streets ain't got much pity
    • View Profile
« Reply #6497 on: February 01, 2019, 10:04:54 am »

Arctic circle = Circle of Bears (Arctos) = Realm of the Bears
Love, scriver~

Kagus

• Bay Watcher
  • Olive oil. Don't you?
    • View Profile
« Reply #6498 on: February 01, 2019, 10:08:23 am »

And Santa is definitely not a twink, so, logically...

Mephisto

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #6499 on: February 01, 2019, 10:56:03 am »

And Santa is definitely not a twink, so, logically...

[citation needed]

I'm sure it gets lonely up there.

SOLDIER First

• Bay Watcher
  • Trans fucking rights, baby.
    • View Profile
« Reply #6500 on: February 01, 2019, 11:28:23 am »

That is nowhere near what that means. :P
Black lives matter.

Mephisto

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #6501 on: February 01, 2019, 11:37:33 am »

I'm not as up on my LGBTQXYZ+ terms as I should be. Whoops. I hang my head in shame.

On the other hand, how do you know that the popular image of Santa is accurate?
« Last Edit: February 01, 2019, 11:40:18 am by Mephisto »

Kagus

• Bay Watcher
  • Olive oil. Don't you?
    • View Profile
« Reply #6502 on: February 01, 2019, 11:43:07 am »

I have been reading a touch of FATAL and Friends, most notably checking up on 13th Age to see if maybe I was just biased about something the first time I was introduced to the system, and that maybe I was being unreasonable.

Nope. Still looks absolutely abhorrent to me. Time to calm my mind by reading this lovely review of the "It's Not All About Yiffing" (It Is Definitely All About Yiffing) Fursona supplemental to Pathfinder.

SOLDIER First

• Bay Watcher
  • Trans fucking rights, baby.
    • View Profile
« Reply #6503 on: February 01, 2019, 11:43:45 am »

I'm not as up on my LGBTQXYZ+ terms as I should be. Whoops. I hang my head in shame.

On the other hand, how do you know that the popular image of Santa is accurate?
LGBT is fine.

Also, the most popular image of Santa might be wrong, but for all intents and purposes it’s the only “real” one, so... Nobody knows it isn’t!
Black lives matter.

wierd

• Bay Watcher
  • I like to eat small children.
    • View Profile
« Reply #6504 on: February 01, 2019, 12:04:26 pm »

Oh come on, the ancient slavic one has some style.  You GOTTA dig that blue coat instead of that red one.  So much classier.  And his grand-daughter helps too.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Ded_Moroz

Oh, did I mention he's a demonic ice wizard? :P

NullForceOmega

• Bay Watcher
  • But, really, it's divine. Divinely tiresome.
    • View Profile
« Reply #6505 on: February 01, 2019, 12:55:48 pm »

Getting just a bit off topic.

I've been drawing up a campaign for a few years that features the prophetic return of an ancient lich who once terrorized the world by using his dark magic to deliver toys to children each year on a particular night.  Someday I'm going to run it during November and December to exemplify just how much of a grinch I really am.
« Last Edit: February 01, 2019, 01:06:32 pm by NullForceOmega »
Grey morality is for people who wish to avoid retribution for misdeeds.

NullForceOmega is an immortal neanderthal who has been an amnesiac for the past 5000 years.

Gentlefish

• Bay Watcher
  • [PREFSTRING: balloon-like qualities]
    • View Profile
« Reply #6506 on: February 01, 2019, 01:05:10 pm »

I have been reading a touch of FATAL and Friends, most notably checking up on 13th Age to see if maybe I was just biased about something the first time I was introduced to the system, and that maybe I was being unreasonable.

Nope. Still looks absolutely abhorrent to me. Time to calm my mind by reading this lovely review of the "It's Not All About Yiffing" (It Is Definitely All About Yiffing) Fursona supplemental to Pathfinder.

Let me play my Kitsune in peace  >:(

Kagus

• Bay Watcher
  • Olive oil. Don't you?
    • View Profile
« Reply #6507 on: February 01, 2019, 06:47:32 pm »

Let me play my Kitsune in peace  >:(

"The Earthborn template is designed to allow self insertion characters into the campaign, and will easily allow a player to build their fursona into a mostly balanced player character... one that still has the unique advantage of the player's 21st century mindset."

Still nausea-inducing, but at least it's not one of the many features designed around getting vored. And despite what it says, it's not actually balanced in the slightest.

Aaanyways, I read a bit about Legend of the Five Rings. Seems fun. Seems advanced though, and you'd dang well better put some thought into character background and researching who/what you're gonna be playing.

Shame there's no entry about Gamma World... would've liked to know more about it than "character generation is pretty great".

Kadzar

• Bay Watcher
  • Descan Pengwind
    • View Profile
« Reply #6508 on: February 01, 2019, 07:24:27 pm »

Shame there's no entry about Gamma World... would've liked to know more about it than "character generation is pretty great".
Well, if you're willing to settle for Gamma World crossed with Basic D&D, there's always Mutant Future.

Speaking of which, I really want to run a game of Mutant Future using a map I generated from this site, and The Metamorphica for mutations.
What if the earth is just a knick in one of the infinite swords of the mighty fractal bear?
Glory to Arstotzka!

Jimmy

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #6509 on: February 01, 2019, 07:54:33 pm »

Getting just a bit off topic.

I've been drawing up a campaign for a few years that features the prophetic return of an ancient lich who once terrorized the world by using his dark magic to deliver toys to children each year on a particular night.  Someday I'm going to run it during November and December to exemplify just how much of a grinch I really am.
I've had similar thoughts of running a short campaign about rescuing enslaved elves who are being forced to work in sweatshops manufacturing materials for a giant dwarf known as The Toymaker.
Pages: 1 ... 432 433 [434] 435 436 ... 623