Set up a contraband workshop for money
- 2 (15.4%)
Increase scouting coverage with zeppelins
- 6 (46.2%)
Raid a mansion
- 5 (38.5%)

Total Members Voted: 13

Pages: [1] 2 3 ... 35

Author Topic: X-PirateZ, Gal get punched in the face  (Read 152905 times)

Boltgun

• Bay Watcher
  • [UTTERANCES]
    • View Profile
X-PirateZ, Gal get punched in the face
« on: July 13, 2015, 12:03:38 pm »

Let's play X-Piratez
Because X-COM was too serious

Chainsaws!

Bikinis!

Terrible Weaponry!

Explosions!

The mutants cheered as the damaged airship flew away from the labor camp. Weeks of hiding supplies and planning their evasion finally paid off beyond their expectations. In fact, the mutants expected nothing. They have been rounded up for no other reasons of being born with alien blood and were being worked to death. Anything, even a quick death, would have been a better fate.

Excitement left way for expectation, as the fugitives were looking to their leader. After all, if she got them this far, she knew what is the next step.

"I know many thin's, gals! I hear' stories of a cave filled with wonders. A place full of booze and booty. We make this place our turf, and then... We have fun!" The mutant cheered all together.

"Those better-then-thou will learn fear when we’ll plunder their You-Heff-Ohs. They thinkin' they can have their way with us because the star gods gave their blessin'? Wrong! We be takin' their stuff and we be stinky rich!"

Now their boss only needed to remember where this promised land was.

What is Xpiratez?

Xpiratez is a pretty good mod for X-COM, one of the best PC games ever made. The story takes place in 600 years after a failure scenario from the original game, putting us in charge of an all-female group of mutants who decided to have a go at piracy to see if they can seize riches from the upper class ‘pureblood’ humans. It changes the weaponry as well as adding deep and important choices encouraging to play the game with new goals in mind.

You can download the mod here : http://www.openxcom.com/mod/x-piratez

How will this play?

There will be reports of the first battles, then afterwards I will give quick summaries of the pirates activities and meaningful events, such as who did what. That way I can give updates on a regular basis.

I will leave you the choice of difficulty, but I am looking for quick missions, if pogroms takes hours to clear that will break off update eventually.

You are free to request to be named ingame and see how well you’ll fare (spoiler: not well). You can request if you have preferences in stats gun and other fun stuff.

I’ll also ask for strategic choices, what to research, etc.

Speaking of this, here are the first inputs we need:
* Where will our first base will be?
* What will be the base’s name?
* What will be our pirate boss name?
* What difficulty leve? Keep I'm mind that we are looking for quick plays.

Spoiler: Pirates (click to show/hide)
« Last Edit: February 18, 2017, 03:20:20 pm by Boltgun »

GiglameshDespair

• Bay Watcher
  • Beware! Once I have posted, your thread is doomed!
    • View Profile
Re: X-piratez, flintlocks and laser guns
« Reply #1 on: July 13, 2015, 02:10:09 pm »

Terrible weaponry? The blunderbuss is a destroyer.

Europe
Cave of Booty
Cat'n Kidd
(Becasue you're not mutant enough to play the higher difficulties
You fool. Don't you understand?
No one wishes to go on...

Rince Wind

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: July 13, 2015, 02:16:55 pm »

Oh, dorf me!

I'd put the base in the Carribian, call it Ye olde hideout and call yourself whatever you want. We are FREE now!

Boltgun

• Bay Watcher
  • [UTTERANCES]
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: July 13, 2015, 02:22:10 pm »

Hum, the idea is that I can complete combats quickly and report back, and avoid pogroms that last two hours. The factor for me would be the number of enemies.

I checked the ufopaedia on that and it seems that I should be playing on difficulty 2 at minimum since it does not spawn more enemies, but does pogroms can still be completed relatively quickly on level 4? I'm updating the first post to reflect that.
« Last Edit: July 13, 2015, 02:27:41 pm by Boltgun »

RAM

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: July 13, 2015, 07:42:51 pm »

* Where will our first base will be? Antarctica
* What will be the base’s name? Atlantis
Vote (1) for the Urist scale!
I shall be eternally happy. I shall be able to construct elf hunting giant mecha. Which can pour magma.
Urist has been forced to use a friend as fertilizer lately.
Read the First Post!

Graknorke

• Bay Watcher
  • A bomb's a bad choice for close-range combat.
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: July 13, 2015, 07:48:50 pm »

ptw
gotta love some piracy
Cultural status:
Depleted          ☐
Enriched          ☑

Itnetlolor

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • Steam ID
« Reply #6 on: July 13, 2015, 08:19:29 pm »

Caribbean

Tropico

Yellowbeard. They don't die, they get angry.

* What difficulty level? Keep I'm mind that we are looking for quick plays.
Superhuman. Should be quick enough, ye landlubber. Loss of troops, ye say? We got spares.
« Last Edit: July 13, 2015, 08:30:12 pm by Itnetlolor »

Darkening Kaos

• Bay Watcher
  • Legendary Gibbering Idiot +5
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: July 13, 2015, 11:58:31 pm »

China {♫we are the model of very modern hybrid-pirates!♫}

Samsong {and you thought I'd suggest Penzance}.

Eve Jobs-sama

* What difficulty level? Keep I'm mind that we are looking for quick plays.
3-ish, not much to go on until you've had a chance to play.

As for a soldier mutant... I'll take any incendiary weapon, as long as I have the strength to carry/use it.

Also, thanx for the link, downloading and getting ready to play.
« Last Edit: July 14, 2015, 12:12:11 am by Darkening Kaos »
So! Failed to make peace, war looms, kill the infidels... what are our plans for the weekend?
The Giant Moles in the caverns of my current fort breed like crazy, even while regularly being decimated by other beasts entering them...

ATHATH

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: July 14, 2015, 12:11:11 am »

Is it an all-female group by default?

I'd like to be a well-educated person (male, preferably) whose advice is constantly ignored in favor of crazy plans. I'd prefer to be in a support role or be a sniper (whichever one gets the coolest and most unique toys).
« Last Edit: July 14, 2015, 12:17:39 am by ATHATH »
Seriously, ATHATH, we need to have an intervention about your death mug problem.
*slow clap* Well ATHATH congratulations. You managed to give the MC a mental breakdown before we even finished the first arc.
I didn't even read it first, I just saw it was ATHATH and noped it. Now that I read it x3 to noping

Boltgun

• Bay Watcher
  • [UTTERANCES]
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: July 14, 2015, 08:40:56 am »

Okay I’ll pick difficulty 4, aka Casey Jones, which is in between what you suggested. There will be as much enemies as difficulty 3, only with better stat (according to the ufopaedia). I’ll pick a mix of suggestions for the other choices, caribbeans was the most popular choice for location.

This update is image heavy, but it's better that I look at all stats, there is A LOT of different weapons in this mod and I tend to get confused about what's best.

Is it an all-female group by default?

I'd like to be a well-educated person (male, preferably) whose advice is constantly ignored in favor of crazy plans. I'd prefer to be in a support role or be a sniper (whichever one gets the coolest and most unique toys).

It's all female. I still pirate'd you and we'll see what cool stuff you will have.

The X marks the spot

The ride was long and noisy as the aircraft flew over the ocean towards the location that the boss instructed to the pilot. She requested to be called Eve Jobs-sama from now on, for this is a name her foes would remember, or laugh at. It did not matter.

The crew landed on an island known for its wonderful climate and deadly radiations. It did not take long for them to find a blast door, that was their cave of booty. After prying it open they found the remains of an underground base full of rust, caved in pathways and damaged goods. In one word, paradise. The faded marking of the walls mentioned an ATLANTIS that once belonged to a X-something, not that it matter, this is now the Cave of Booty.

There were enough place for everyone to work and sleep. The three smartest mutants of the group took a corner to discuss what they should make next, while a serie of burners and pipes has been put together to make a still, all underground complexes need a still.

Using a few electronic thingies taken from the aircraft, the pirates could put a radar dish online, they will be able to smell plunder from miles away.

The little runts took some time to clean the hangar, or what's left of it, and moved the aircraft there. They spent the next day wielding as much steel plates as they could, turning the airship into a magnificent pirate vessel that the runts named the Bonaventura. It was fit to take its crew to the enemies, and their riches.

(I don’t know what the indications next to the name are, I guess there is scouts and snipers but otherwise I need to read up)

With this done, Eve Jobs-sama took some time to reflect on her situation. It is the first days of freedom for most of her crew's life. And so she needs to give them a decent pep talk to make sure that they are up to the job. She then selected a could of runts who are best fit for the outdoors and sent them away to the bitter coast, where the nearest mutant settlements are. Their task is to find 'old friends' and tell them about their new activities, Eve will need contacts to build from and a fence to turn riches into more riches.

After enough introspection she checked what tools she have in hand. She still have the makeshift weapons she used in their escape.

Spoiler: The weapons (click to show/hide)

She still have bandages too, but she guessed that tying gals together will not get her so far.

Spoiler (click to show/hide)

The Bonaventura former owners were smart enough to carry big guns, but not smart enough to keep their ship.

Spoiler: The better guns (click to show/hide)

As well as this beauty :

The runts came to their boss to report the result of the aircraft’s preparation. They found a crate of clothing in its cargo for Eve’s to consider. Clothing will offer no protection in battle, or at least nothing more that their strong mutant body already offer and the pirates did not care to go into battle nearly naked. But this still could be useful.

Last and not the least, the boss instructed her crew about their enemies inherent weaknesses.

But her lesson was interrupted when a runt ran into the baracks screaming. “We found one!” she said.

Okay now I can use some input on the following:
* What will the pirate wear in battle?
* What the brainers should research? Here are the choices.
         - Weaponry (bullets, flintlock & bombs, primitive weapons)
         - Protection (smoke ops gear, basic armor)
         - Some lore (our abilities, spring cleaning)
         - Nuclear fuel
« Last Edit: July 15, 2015, 01:43:09 pm by Boltgun »

EuchreJack

• Bay Watcher
  • Lord of Norderland - Lv 20 SKOOKUM ROC
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: July 14, 2015, 10:18:44 am »

You are now my God for bringing this to me!

GiglameshDespair

• Bay Watcher
  • Beware! Once I have posted, your thread is doomed!
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: July 14, 2015, 10:24:13 am »

Flintlocks and bombs!
Melee pirates wear, well, pirate clothing. Pirates focused on shooting wear nothing for now.
You fool. Don't you understand?
No one wishes to go on...

EuchreJack

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: July 14, 2015, 10:40:03 am »

You are now my God for bringing this to me!

Proof of your Holyness!

Rince Wind

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: July 14, 2015, 10:52:04 am »

I agree with GiglameshDespair, mostly.

If possible I'd like to have a flintlock pistol and a cutlass. Fire the pistol, then storm into glorious melee. If that is a viable tactic.

EuchreJack

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #14 on: July 14, 2015, 12:43:43 pm »

Oh Godly One, please grant me the boon letting me serve!

Name: Euchre...Jane
Equipped with a Gun, any gun.  Pirates without guns don't get to kill as often as those with guns, so guns please!
Pages: [1] 2 3 ... 35