Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 97 98 [99] 100 101 ... 168

Author Topic: Blurb on Games that probably don't deserve their own threads.  (Read 300518 times)

King Zultan

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: Blurb on Games that probably don't deserve their own threads.
« Reply #1470 on: November 30, 2021, 04:18:55 am »

Does the game yell at you if you run over animals with a truck like other hunting games do?
The Lawyer opens a briefcase. It's full of lemons, the justice fruit only lawyers may touch.
Make sure not to step on any errant blood stains before we find our LIFE EXTINGUSHER.
but anyway, if you'll excuse me, I need to commit sebbaku.
Quote from: Leodanny
Can I have the sword when you’re done?

delphonso

• Bay Watcher
  • menaces with spikes of pine
    • View Profile
« Reply #1471 on: November 30, 2021, 04:24:19 am »

Like all those loser hunting games that don't classify trucks as hunting weapons?!

King Zultan

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1472 on: November 30, 2021, 04:39:28 am »

The maps aren't even that big so I can't think of any other reason to have a truck other than kill things with it.
The Lawyer opens a briefcase. It's full of lemons, the justice fruit only lawyers may touch.
Make sure not to step on any errant blood stains before we find our LIFE EXTINGUSHER.
but anyway, if you'll excuse me, I need to commit sebbaku.
Quote from: Leodanny
Can I have the sword when you’re done?

Robsoie

• Bay Watcher
  • Urist McAngry
    • View Profile
« Reply #1473 on: November 30, 2021, 06:08:47 am »

Does the game yell at you if you run over animals with a truck like other hunting games do?

Running over animals ?
No ...  In theHunter : Call of the Wild, it's animals that are running over you :
https://old.reddit.com/r/theHunter/comments/r521ij/picked_this_game_up_last_week_1010_on_the_realism/
:D

edit : from what i read there's a patch coming for all platforms this tuesday, the most important thing is that it is supposed to "boost performance" .
I really hope it's true so i can finally increase a bit my game resolution without the game slowing down noticably.
« Last Edit: December 01, 2021, 11:21:27 am by Robsoie »

Robsoie

• Bay Watcher
  • Urist McAngry
    • View Profile
« Reply #1474 on: December 01, 2021, 02:29:10 pm »

Noticed that you can start voting for your favorites mods for the ModDB mod the year awards
https://www.moddb.com/groups/2021-mod-of-the-year-awards/news/mod-of-the-year-2021-kickoff

can't believe it's already nearly 20 years that moddb do those awards.

JimboM12

• Bay Watcher
  • Dank.
    • View Profile
« Reply #1475 on: December 04, 2021, 08:43:36 pm »

was moving though my steam queue and i found a potential gold nugget: Wartales

https://store.steampowered.com/app/1527950/Wartales/

it promises to be a 3D version of battle brothers with some hints of mount&blade. i haven't bought it yet but it immediately caught my attention and a spot on my wishlist
Pemmican is pretty incredibly durable. Corn and rice also lust forever without refrigeration.
Ah yes, the insatiable lust of corn and rice, clearly two of the most erotic foods.

scriver

• Bay Watcher
  • City streets ain't got much pity
    • View Profile
« Reply #1476 on: December 05, 2021, 07:56:02 am »

I played it during a "all the demos" week on steam. I'm not sure what, but despite looking very interesting it was just something offputting about it when I tried it.
Love, scriver~

AzyWng

• Bay Watcher
  • Just one of many
    • View Profile
« Reply #1477 on: December 05, 2021, 12:51:03 pm »

I played it during a "all the demos" week on steam. I'm not sure what, but despite looking very interesting it was just something offputting about it when I tried it.

Can you elaborate on that? It certainly looks interesting to me, but I haven't given it a try yet.

MCreeper

• Bay Watcher
  • My bus is late
    • View Profile
« Reply #1478 on: December 06, 2021, 12:14:55 pm »

Pocket Mirror. A mixed bag of great and bad.
Art is really impressive for this kind of games. Might be the best of all there is on RPGMaker for all I know, but I’m not knowledgeable in that regard. It even has proper cutscenes.
Soundtrack is one of my all-time favorites, along with, but not similar to, Higurashi (Matsuri), Sunless Sea and The House In Fata Morgana. If you are not going to play the game, check out the OST. If you are going to, don’t, music will have that much more effect.
Horror – mostly not. There is only one creepy area in the game, containing one jumpscare (and oh I have seen it coming). If the horror part is a bother for you (like me, eh), then it’s okay.
Story – it’s there? I feel it got rather bland towards the end, perhaps because of grizzliness overdose (amount, not severity). Endings are fine, though.
Spoiler (click to show/hide)
And underlying story is supposed to be pieced together Dark Souls-wise, with some pieces missing, I’m sure.  :P
And the bad is, often to proceed further you need to do stuff like click one of absolutely identical walls, or unassuming piece of scenery, or at very least check around which door has randomly unlocked this time. Sometimes to infuriating degree. I would probably sooner dropped the game than found one of those in chapter 3 without walktrough.

So yeah. If you like playing games about anime girls getting trapped in a murder maze, it’s worth a try. With perusing walktrough if need be. :P
« Last Edit: December 06, 2021, 01:07:14 pm by MCreeper »

Robsoie

• Bay Watcher
  • Urist McAngry
    • View Profile
« Reply #1479 on: December 11, 2021, 12:39:01 pm »

On a nostalgia drive, i've been replaying Giant Citizen Kabuto, mostly pushed into it by the fact i noticed there's a community patch 1.5 that solves every problem and bugs left behind and make the game fully compatible with modern system :
https://www.giantswd.org/?file=60
(very latest version of this 1.5 patch is there : https://hipstercat.fr/GPatch )

So far worked greatly on my gog version.

Unfortunately the Meccaryns campaign really aged badly : most missions are going between boring and very boring, enemies are completely bullet sponges (even when focused fire from your 3 troopers) sometime ridiculously more than a building, until you finally get more advanced weaponry that slightly increase your damage output (sniper rifle by example so you can at least try to headshot) and make the enemies ... bullet sponges, but slightly less :D while your character can die very easily (make sure to always have a healing item in your inventory, always go back to a shop to get another one once you used it as you never know what stupid missile will land on you from a blind spot)

Kept at it because i remembered having fun in one of the last Meccaryn mission that felt like a 1st person RTS with base building and wanted to at least reach it again. And what came after, the Delphi campaign was also better in my memories (looks like none managed to make an AI for the skirmish in that game would have been fun in multiplayer :/ ) so hopefully i can complete the Meccaryn part quickly enough before getting too bored..

Kagus

• Bay Watcher
  • Olive oil. Don't you?
    • View Profile
« Reply #1480 on: December 12, 2021, 06:20:49 am »

Holy crap, there's a community patch? That's awesome!

I've put loads of hours into Citizen Kabuto... Janky, hideous, lovable mess that it is. That game really played like an alpha, at the best of times. And yeah, the bullet-sponginess of things is kinda ridiculous. I don't think I ever really used the sniper rifle much though, I mostly went for heavy ordnance and as many explosives as I could carry.

The Meccs don't really have the best equipment as far as I remember, but then you open up Delphi and get her stupid time stop and fire spells and everything just melts. Plus the bullshit bows.

...and then you get to Kabuto's campaign, which I remember as just being pain.

Last I checked, I think Planet Moon was doing mobile games or something. A real shame, their writing was fantastic. The cutscenes were always the best parts of their games.

Folly

• Bay Watcher
  • Steam Profile: 76561197996956175
    • View Profile
« Reply #1481 on: December 12, 2021, 08:10:46 pm »

A game called Noble Fates just caught my attention. It's a colony sim, coming to Steam EA December 14th.

All the usual colony sim stuff seems to be here. Gather resources, build housing and storage and tradeskill places, keep people happy and defend your home from invaders.
There does seem to be fairly deep unit personality, with individuals having various preferences and remembering things that have happened to them.

The major gimmick here is that you can leave the eagle-eye view, or take a third person view over your leader, manually controlling them to gather resources or fight off invaders.

Looks like it could be fun! Going to keep an eye on this one as it launches.
Announcement Trailer

Akura

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1482 on: December 13, 2021, 12:36:16 pm »

EDIT2: Completely unrelated to the rant above, but I just saw that the Star Trek Armada games are coming to GOG. I remember ST:A2 being fun enough. I had heard that there were some messy licensing issues involved with the Armada games that would have made it all but nearly impossible to get the games on GOG, but it looks like those were cleared up?

GOG now has both Star Trek Armadas. Haven't bought either of them, but I'm seeing a few posts for the first game saying there's some fiddling to get it working. No idea how the second game might work out of the virtual box.
They asked me how well I understood theoretical physics. I told them I had a theoretical degree in physics. They said welcome aboard.
... Yes, the hugs are for everyone.  No stabbing, though.  Just hugs.

Robsoie

• Bay Watcher
  • Urist McAngry
    • View Profile
« Reply #1483 on: December 13, 2021, 06:33:36 pm »

Was pleasantly surprised to see that gog current freebie Shadow Tactics : Shogun's Blade run nicely on my system when lowering visual options.
Good to see for once a game running well on the unity engine

Played the 1st mission (that was the mission that came with the demo of the game) and despite a few mistakes (my Commando skills are rusty :D ) managed to complete it, thanks a lot to Mugen's amazing murder blades that overkill things and Hayato's shuriken of stealth doom. I found myself not having to use Takuma's sniper rifle of total killing, but in the last part i attracted a bit too much attention that sniping would have probably solved better.
But those murder blades !
Took my time and nearly got the mission done in a hour, apparently one of the challenge badge is hinting that 11mn should be enough in the highest difficulty (i cowardly played on the lower one :D )

If you liked Commandos and Desperados, this one is really a worthy game in that tactical stealth genre, heavily recommended.

scriver

• Bay Watcher
  • City streets ain't got much pity
    • View Profile
« Reply #1484 on: December 14, 2021, 02:22:23 am »

I was just about to ask, the look of the game and the sales blurb basically makes me think this is Desperados in Japan, is this basically Desperados in Japan?
Love, scriver~
Pages: 1 ... 97 98 [99] 100 101 ... 168