Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 335 336 [337] 338 339 ... 779

Author Topic: Things that made you mildly upset today thread  (Read 859703 times)

scriver

• Bay Watcher
  • City streets ain't got much pity
    • View Profile
Re: Things that made you mildly sad today thread
« Reply #5040 on: December 10, 2018, 10:07:34 am »

...You make cookies out of ore or islands?

Malmö = Malm+ö = Ore Island
Love, scriver~

Kagus

• Bay Watcher
  • Olive oil. Don't you?
    • View Profile
« Reply #5041 on: December 10, 2018, 10:22:26 am »

...You make cookies out of ore or islands?

Malmö = Malm+ö = Ore Island
Malm = ore

Malm + o = ore + o

Ore + o = cookie

scriver

• Bay Watcher
  • City streets ain't got much pity
    • View Profile
« Reply #5042 on: December 10, 2018, 11:01:41 am »

Clever girl

Oreö?
Love, scriver~

Egan_BW

• Bay Watcher
  • "Lest he be compelled to labor."
    • View Profile
« Reply #5043 on: December 10, 2018, 11:58:09 am »

That way, with any luck, by the time the band finishes their first "song" or two your temporary hearing loss will have reached the point that you no longer have to endure the ghastly racket coming from the stage. :P   

"Temporary" hearing loss, he says...
It is good to choose your battles. It is better to choose your wars.

Kagus

• Bay Watcher
  • Olive oil. Don't you?
    • View Profile
« Reply #5044 on: December 10, 2018, 12:04:26 pm »

That way, with any luck, by the time the band finishes their first "song" or two your temporary hearing loss will have reached the point that you no longer have to endure the ghastly racket coming from the stage. :P 

What?

Jopax

• Bay Watcher
  • Cat on a hat
    • View Profile
« Reply #5045 on: December 10, 2018, 01:26:27 pm »

Pfft, try for a Swans live performance in a relatively small space. Not even earplugs will save you from tinnitus :V
"my batteries are low and it's getting dark"
AS - IG

Doomblade187

• Bay Watcher
  • Requires music to get through the working day.
    • View Profile
« Reply #5046 on: December 10, 2018, 02:31:45 pm »

What?
*pulls out megaphone*

EARPLUGS ARE YOUR FRIEND, THEY MAKE THE CONCERT MORE FUN, IMO. ALSO, IF YOU EVER GET A CHSNCE TO SEE KAMELOT, DO.
In any case it would be a battle of critical thinking and I refuse to fight an unarmed individual.
One mustn't stare into the pathos, lest one become Pathos.

Kagus

• Bay Watcher
  • Olive oil. Don't you?
    • View Profile
« Reply #5047 on: December 11, 2018, 04:06:40 am »

I'm sorta-expected to show up for a meet-and-greet thing at 11, when I normally show up around 12:30-13:00. So I set my alarm an hour earlier to give myself time to get ready.

And then promptly spent an hour getting out of bed and trying to shove some breakfast in my face. Still haven't showered yet. Still need it. Haven't walked the dogs either.

Bluh.

Also the Copenhell thing next year has expanded their lineup and has a bunch of interesting names on the list of bands playing... But a three-day pass costs $250 for one person. Ack.

Xantalos

• Bay Watcher
  • Your Friendly Salvation
    • View Profile
« Reply #5048 on: December 11, 2018, 04:11:18 am »

dragon age why must you vex me so

i just want muh dlcs

i paid for them

why can't i play muh dlcs i tried the updater files and everything

is it because of the 14 mods i installed? because i uninstalled everything but you still not letting me have muh expanded content. yo quiero shale, bioware. me gusta my overpowered dlc gear i earned from beating golems of amgarrak. pls, game. lemme have content

This has been your sleep-deprived rambling, courtesy of me.
Sig! Onol
Quote from: BFEL
XANTALOS, THE KARATEBOMINATION
Quote from: Toaster
((The Xantalos Die: [1, 1, 1, 6, 6, 6]))

JoshuaFH

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #5049 on: December 11, 2018, 04:55:05 am »

The X button on my Xbox controller just broke. Well, it still works, just the spring underneath is busted and so the lightest touch triggers it; I wouldn't say it's usable for anything but the most relaxed games at the moment. This controller is brand new, it's very irritating that I never save receipts for anything because I think it's too much hassle.

I've been trying to restrain myself from posting in the sad threads for my typical nihilistic bullshit, but I think this is ok to post about. I've been losing my temper a lot, and I feel a lot of evil welling up inside me, but I'm surviving still.

Doomblade187

• Bay Watcher
  • Requires music to get through the working day.
    • View Profile
« Reply #5050 on: December 11, 2018, 12:17:28 pm »

The X button on my Xbox controller just broke. Well, it still works, just the spring underneath is busted and so the lightest touch triggers it; I wouldn't say it's usable for anything but the most relaxed games at the moment. This controller is brand new, it's very irritating that I never save receipts for anything because I think it's too much hassle.

I've been trying to restrain myself from posting in the sad threads for my typical nihilistic bullshit, but I think this is ok to post about. I've been losing my temper a lot, and I feel a lot of evil welling up inside me, but I'm surviving still.
Hey, feel free to vent in the sad/emotion threads. It's what they're there for, and your posts don't bother us. (At least, they don't bother me, but I haven't heard anyone else complain.

Edit: Might the controller still be under warranty? Also, you may be able to retrieve a receipt copy from the store.
In any case it would be a battle of critical thinking and I refuse to fight an unarmed individual.
One mustn't stare into the pathos, lest one become Pathos.

Eric Blank

• Bay Watcher
  • *Remain calm*
    • View Profile
« Reply #5051 on: December 11, 2018, 02:11:53 pm »

Im like seriously hungry and all i could afford is the free donut given to employees. Worst lunch break.
I make Spellcrafts!
I have no idea where anything is. I have no idea what anything does. This is not merely a madhouse designed by a madman, but a madhouse designed by many madmen, each with an intense hatred for the previous madman's unique flavour of madness.

Dunamisdeos

• Bay Watcher
  • Duggin was the hero we needed.
    • View Profile
« Reply #5052 on: December 11, 2018, 02:12:48 pm »

I want free donuts.
FACT I: Post note art is best art.
FACT II: Dunamisdeos is a forum-certified wordsmith.
FACT III: "All life begins with Post-it notes and ends with Post-it notes. This is the truth! This is my belief!...At least for now."
FACT IV: SPEECHO THE TRUSTWORM IS YOUR FRIEND or BEHOLD: THE FRUIT ENGINE 3.0

Jopax

• Bay Watcher
  • Cat on a hat
    • View Profile
« Reply #5053 on: December 12, 2018, 03:55:06 am »

Got a printed t-shirt for my cousin as a christmas gift, ordered it from redbubble. It was a bit late but it finally arrived, quality of the shirt is pretty ok, should fit him nicely. The print itself tho, now that I look at it up close seems to be a lazy screengrab or something and is incredibly low res. Isn't an issue when you're several meters away but is kinda obvious when you're standing next to it.

Goddamn it, if I had know it'd be like this I'd made the damn thing myself, hell it would've come out better and cheaper :V
"my batteries are low and it's getting dark"
AS - IG

Kagus

• Bay Watcher
  • Olive oil. Don't you?
    • View Profile
« Reply #5054 on: December 12, 2018, 11:18:30 am »

Stopped by Fountain House today. Came along just in time to hear one of the other members giving a presentation about her life, talking about violence and sexual abuse from at least 8 years old (possibly earlier, though she has no recollection of anything before 8 years), suffering infertility, divorce, serious injury, getting an ultimatum from her physical therapist where he basically said "you can either stop doing all the physical activities you enjoy, or you can make sure that the joy they give you is worth the pain and injury they'll cause for you later", getting whammed by PTSD-induced panic attacks later in life, finding a therapist and coming to terms with the fact that she was a product of incest... And basically just transitioning from that to "it really is all just about how you approach life and how you choose to look at things, and about appreciating all the good times instead of dwelling on the bad times".

Which, I mean, great for her... Really doesn't make me feel any better about how massively I've failed to keep a positive outlook in my own life and inflicted weakness and incapability on myself when I really didn't have any good reason to do so.

And then everyone went out for bowling, and I had a semi-solid start before completely and utterly whiffing the second round. I think I finished the second round with 54 points...
Pages: 1 ... 335 336 [337] 338 339 ... 779