Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 697 698 [699] 700 701 ... 778

Author Topic: Things that made you mildly upset today thread  (Read 855363 times)

None

• Bay Watcher
  • Forgotten, but not gone
    • View Profile
Re: Things that made you mildly upset today thread
« Reply #10470 on: October 25, 2022, 07:38:40 pm »

Seconding LibreOffice. It'll open/edit/save word files without a problem and it's largely aged out of the growing pains that plagued the early office software alternative, specifically OpenOffice.

EuchreJack

• Bay Watcher
  • Lord of Norderland - Lv 20 SKOOKUM ROC
    • View Profile
« Reply #10471 on: October 25, 2022, 10:31:53 pm »

I get pissed when I accidentally press a key on my computer that I normally don't touch, then things change, but I don't know why or how to fix, since I'm not sure what key I pressed in the first place. Mostly happens with Word documents.

Il Palazzo

• Bay Watcher
  • And lo, the Dude did abide. And it was good.
    • View Profile
« Reply #10472 on: October 26, 2022, 08:40:59 am »

Doesn't Ctrl+z reverse the changes?

dragdeler

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #10473 on: October 26, 2022, 10:40:12 am »

It wouldn't reverse the worst key combination in the world which is ctrl+shift... Which does nothing unless you happen to have 2 keyboard regions saved.

Spoiler (click to show/hide)
« Last Edit: October 26, 2022, 01:33:54 pm by dragdeler »
let

ChairmanPoo

• Bay Watcher
  • Send in the clowns
    • View Profile
« Reply #10475 on: October 26, 2022, 04:22:54 pm »

Damn hexadecimal high schoolers
There's two kinds of performance reviews: the one you make they don't read, the one they make whilst they sharpen their daggers
Everyone sucks at everything. Until they don't. Not sucking is a product of time invested.

martinuzz

• Bay Watcher
  • High dwarf
    • View Profile
« Reply #10476 on: October 26, 2022, 05:31:17 pm »

I get pissed when I accidentally press a key on my computer that I normally don't touch, then things change, but I don't know why or how to fix, since I'm not sure what key I pressed in the first place. Mostly happens with Word documents.
You should probably never get a cat. They are really good at walking over your keyboard and pressing random key combinations

Friendly and polite reminder for optimists: Hope is a finite resource

We can ­disagree and still love each other, ­unless your disagreement is rooted in my oppression and denial of my humanity and right to exist - James Baldwin

http://www.bay12forums.com/smf/index.php?topic=73719.msg1830479#msg1830479

nenjin

• Bay Watcher
  • Inscrubtable Exhortations of the Soul
    • View Profile
« Reply #10477 on: October 26, 2022, 11:39:27 pm »

Got my friends playing The Forest.

Tell one rather particular friend that it has a katana in it. Which is like his "thing." His "bit" that he likes to do. Any game that has a katana he will use it and only it, even if it completely sucks. Because he's taken the edgy memelord weeb thing and built a whole annoying persona around it.

So he gets the game. And the first thing he does is read the wiki to find out where the katana is, and disappear for 45 minutes after hot dropping into the game to go look for it.

It's always annoyed me, ever since we were kids, how he cannot think past his own self-gratification when it comes to gaming. He has to have the best thing immediately or he won't have fun. It's so juvenile and it's the reason I quit playing most kinds of games with him, particularly table top roleplaying. But we still play video games together. And his personal ethic on video games never fails to get under my skin too. He will look at an entire game, boil it down to one thing, obsess about that one thing and then make a meme out of that one thing until he bores himself out of playing.

And god help us if the Katana is underpowered.
« Last Edit: October 26, 2022, 11:46:10 pm by nenjin »
Cautivo del Milagro seamos, Penitente.
Quote from: Viktor Frankl
When we are no longer able to change a situation, we are challenged to change ourselves.
Quote from: Sindain
Its kinda silly to complain that a friendly NPC isn't a well designed boss fight.
Quote from: Eric Blank
How will I cheese now assholes?
Quote from: MrRoboto75
Always spaghetti, never forghetti

scriver

• Bay Watcher
  • City streets ain't got much pity
    • View Profile
« Reply #10478 on: October 27, 2022, 01:10:21 am »

Glorious nippon code folded one thousand times?
Love, scriver~

dragdeler

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #10479 on: October 27, 2022, 04:56:29 am »

Kinda reminds me of somebody I know, I can have 800h in a game and tell him "yo what you're trying won't quite  work out the way you imagine it to" and it's still the only thing he'll do or try.

7dtd: make a giant foundation out of wooden slabs, that have like 50hp and will allways cause the block above it to float... something that would have been some sort of winding staircase ends up a blocky mess because he keeps having to hide his loose floaty ends.

Has like 3000-6000h in dota2 90% of which with sandking... still regularly tried to launch ulti after stun and gets disabled to pieces. Allways buys blademail too.

He will also obsess over items he likes IRL no matter how unmeta they are in game. The times he made me sit trough the talk how something is supposed to work, because he has this and that idea how they work IRL (which allready has a tendency to be inaccurate), even if the game has zero pretense at realism... And he will keep trying even if every single one of my predictions turned out to be correct.

Usually when I notice he's got a new obsession into his head, the game turns into singleplayer, but ever since I corona I avoid playing with him alltogether.... he became a way worse contrarian in the lockdowns :(....
let

Loud Whispers

• Bay Watcher
  • They said we have to aim higher, so we dug deeper.
    • View Profile
    • I APPLAUD YOU SIRRAH
« Reply #10480 on: October 27, 2022, 05:09:25 am »

Got my friends playing The Forest.

Tell one rather particular friend that it has a katana in it. Which is like his "thing." His "bit" that he likes to do. Any game that has a katana he will use it and only it, even if it completely sucks. Because he's taken the edgy memelord weeb thing and built a whole annoying persona around it.

So he gets the game. And the first thing he does is read the wiki to find out where the katana is, and disappear for 45 minutes after hot dropping into the game to go look for it.

It's always annoyed me, ever since we were kids, how he cannot think past his own self-gratification when it comes to gaming. He has to have the best thing immediately or he won't have fun. It's so juvenile and it's the reason I quit playing most kinds of games with him, particularly table top roleplaying. But we still play video games together. And his personal ethic on video games never fails to get under my skin too. He will look at an entire game, boil it down to one thing, obsess about that one thing and then make a meme out of that one thing until he bores himself out of playing.

And god help us if the Katana is underpowered.
One of my best gaming m8s is also one of my worst. Because he has a lust to pwn noobs, and likes taking action when he has overwhelming superiority. He beelines for maximum optimal power even in games where I'm just trying to roleplay. However he often doesn't know what the optimum play is - which leads to hilarity or grief. Like in Vic2, where no matter what nation he plays he has to get the Suez canal. Doesn't matter if it's Japan or Croatia, he knows getting the Suez is what powerful countries do so he must do it too. One time when he was playing a Greece run he invaded Egypt to take the Suez; the Ottoman Empire saw all his troops leave the border and then invaded Greece whilst all his troops were stranded in a hostile Cairo. Another time we had to pause the game because we thought it was bugged - no matter what he did as Japan, he couldn't make a budget surplus. Cutting all government projects to 0 did nothing, army maintenance to 0 did nothing. I make a save game and begin doing some diagnostics. At this time the British Empire was supporting the construction of two battleships; the United States supported 3, and the German Empire 1. I myself as Austria could support none at all, only constructing Ironclads. He was attempting to construct more than two dozen battleships simultaneously

dragdeler

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #10481 on: October 27, 2022, 08:54:23 am »

Imagine being the stupid fucking cunt who takes a working persons tool to prevent their trailer from rolling off. I said nothing because I felt I would have instantly resorted to insulting the retard...

It came as it had to and half an hour later of not being able to litterrally rip out my tools of people hands without being a passive aggressive asshole about it and voila, one brush dissappeared.

WHAT. A. SURPRISE.

there is nothing but retards here and if didn't have to meet them again and again, I would verbally abuse the shit out of them for every minor detail... these miscarriages would still threat their own kids like shit if they showed twice as much common sense as I am to expect from our average visitor "do it right" they'd fucking say... if I say do it right they act like I said gibberish

when half the time it's extremly obvious that they understand basic concepts like stacking, they do it it in their... somebody should smash their heads in the prrof of their bad faith until it leaves permanent damage they allready act like they're handicapped anyway

And no it's not ableism, certifiably disabled people are waaaay less of an issue than your average entitled cunt, these people only ask when they need help, and they allways do it nicely, I've yet to meet a handicapped perspn that's an entitled cunt, I'm sure they exist, but they're a drop in an ocean of ablebodied and minded entitled cunts
let

Kagus

• Bay Watcher
  • Olive oil. Don't you?
    • View Profile
« Reply #10482 on: October 27, 2022, 11:47:14 am »

Has like 3000-6000h in dota2 90% of which with sandking... still regularly tried to launch ulti after stun and gets disabled to pieces. Allways buys blademail too.

I mean, unless something got changed there is technically enough time on that stun to finish the channeling just as it wears off. Wherein you might have enough time to pop a sandstorm to stop your cheeks getting immediately clapped. Still not as good an idea as just doing it normally, but it's theoretically possible.

You'd basically have to stack the commands though, there's about a tenth of a second worth of wiggle room. ...also I last played years ago, it's entirely likely that's one of the things they did change and everything I just said is irrelevant :P

katana

Pffft, who cares about the katana... I want the old flaregun back.

MrRoboto75

• Bay Watcher
  • Belongs in the Trash!
    • View Profile
« Reply #10483 on: October 27, 2022, 12:02:53 pm »

Glarefun
I consume
I purchase
I consume again

heydude6

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #10484 on: October 27, 2022, 12:33:54 pm »

I mean, unless something got changed there is technically enough time on that stun to finish the channeling just as it wears off. Wherein you might have enough time to pop a sandstorm to stop your cheeks getting immediately clapped. Still not as good an idea as just doing it normally, but it's theoretically possible.

You'd basically have to stack the commands though, there's about a tenth of a second worth of wiggle room. ...also I last played years ago, it's entirely likely that's one of the things they did change and everything I just said is irrelevant :P

Biggest problem with that plan though is that Dota 2 now has a status resist stat. It’s actually had one for a while now. As a result, most stuns don’t actually last for their full duration since most carrys now buy items that shorten the duration of things like that.
Lets use the ancient naval art of training war parrots. No one will realize they have been boarded by space war parrots until it is to late!
You can fake being able to run on water. You can't fake looking cool when you break your foot on a door and hit your head on the floor.
Pages: 1 ... 697 698 [699] 700 701 ... 778