Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 23 24 [25] 26 27 ... 67

Author Topic: Dominions 5: Warriors of the Faith Released!  (Read 126238 times)

a1s

• Bay Watcher
  • Torchlight Venturer
    • View Profile
Re: Dominions 5: Warriors of the Faith Released!
« Reply #360 on: January 10, 2018, 11:14:41 am »

Also there are still unfixed glitch - archers take into account enemy movement speed, but not changes in that speed. So, first shot always misses intended target, and shot just before all-out melee is likely to damage your troops instead.
That's sort of realistic- archers don't know what cunning plans the enemy is hatching, so all they can do is fire at the place the enemy seems to be heading. This only seems weird, because  armies are spawned into existence within an arrow's flight of each other.
I tried to play chess but two of my opponents were playing competitive checkers as a third person walked in with Game of Thrones in hand confused cause they thought this was the book club.

ThtblovesDF

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #361 on: January 10, 2018, 05:28:29 pm »

Archers already feel pretty weak imo (outside of massive army sizes, where mages usually do there job even better).

Mages suffer under the same issue, hitting your own troops when casting is timed in a unlucky way.

Also "realistic", show me one army where they shot there own troops and said "Oh we thought they might phase right past you, so we shot your position".

Its unlogical gameplay and suboptimal gamedesign imo. Your own troops shouldn't default to hitting your own troops (once per battle).

Micro102

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #362 on: January 11, 2018, 07:37:10 am »

If it's going to be realistic, then they should shoot their arrows and cast their spells where you would. It's an annoying bug.

a1s

• Bay Watcher
  • Torchlight Venturer
    • View Profile
« Reply #363 on: January 11, 2018, 04:54:27 pm »

If it's going to be realistic, then they should shoot their arrows and cast their spells where you would. It's an annoying bug.
You have a birds eye view of the situation, can pause and are in 0 danger, they are none of those things.
Also "realistic", show me one army where they shot there own troops and said "Oh we thought they might phase right past you, so we shot your position".
Arrows fell short all the time, actually. Hell, we now have satellites and computers doing the aiming and people still manage to get shot by their own side. But, of course, the correct response to the situation is to stop shooting into the middle of the melee, if anything is a bug, it's this.
I tried to play chess but two of my opponents were playing competitive checkers as a third person walked in with Game of Thrones in hand confused cause they thought this was the book club.

ThtblovesDF

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #364 on: January 11, 2018, 06:12:30 pm »

I wouldn't complain if it was in 1 out of 2000 battles or something more "realistic"

a1s

• Bay Watcher
  • Torchlight Venturer
    • View Profile
« Reply #365 on: January 11, 2018, 06:20:38 pm »

So, I've been meaning to ask:
Has someone tried this disciples mode? If so, what are your impressions? And if not, does anyone want to do a multiplayer of one?

Micro102

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #366 on: January 11, 2018, 08:04:47 pm »

You have a birds eye view of the situation, can pause and are in 0 danger, they are none of those things.
Arrows fell short all the time, actually. Hell, we now have satellites and computers doing the aiming and people still manage to get shot by their own side. But, of course, the correct response to the situation is to stop shooting into the middle of the melee, if anything is a bug, it's this.

You JUST tried to dismiss the bug by saying they fire where the enemy seems to be heading. So you are saying they have enough accuracy to fire at a specific spot. They have enough ability to fire at specific targets too, so I fail to see how they don't have enough ability to shoot where I would shoot (Ex: 10 feet in front of the front line)

I also don't think he was talking about arrows falling short, but archers literally targeting the area your soldiers are standing in because the enemy soldiers are traveling in that direction. As in they don't take into considerations that your units are going to be int he way.

E. Albright

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #367 on: January 11, 2018, 08:17:39 pm »

So, I've been meaning to ask:
Has someone tried this disciples mode? If so, what are your impressions? And if not, does anyone want to do a multiplayer of one?

Iz fun, but a lot higher maintenance; victory leans towards the most chatty team. Look at the threads for 404 and 417 for past examples. Look here if you want a serious AAR (it's an archive of all the messages I, Frumple, and Shadowlord exchanged over the course of 404; it's long but possibly enlightening): http://www.bay12forums.com/smf/index.php?topic=137631.msg5683829#msg5683829

Karlito

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #368 on: January 11, 2018, 08:56:45 pm »

Iz fun, but a lot higher maintenance; victory leans towards the most chatty team. Look at the threads for 404 and 417 for past examples.
4.16, not 17.

I have enjoyed those two disciples games, but as E. Albright said it's much more work than a regular game, and teams are only as strong as their weakest member. I'd play in one again, but as I have two games going right now, check back in a couple months maybe?
This sentence contains exactly threee erors.

namad

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #369 on: January 12, 2018, 01:36:46 am »

what do you mean threads 404 and 416? Do bay12'ers regularly play this game? The weak AI in dominions4 is what's kept me from buying dominions5 yet. If this forum regularly organized games that would be cool.

a1s

• Bay Watcher
  • Torchlight Venturer
    • View Profile
« Reply #370 on: January 12, 2018, 02:23:48 am »

Do bay12'ers regularly play this game?

Yes. Have been since 3, in fact:
Spoiler: List of Threads (click to show/hide)
I am sure you can persuade some people to play a game or two of 4, before everyone switches over to 5.

ThtblovesDF

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #371 on: January 12, 2018, 03:38:33 am »

I'm getting Quadro to Penta Teamed in Game 501 next turn (while there are both larger and more powerful nations around), so I will have a free slot in due time.

MCreeper

• Bay Watcher
  • My bus is late
    • View Profile
« Reply #372 on: January 12, 2018, 04:21:05 am »

If there is enough people, i'm probably in. Though i'll prefer LA game with me as Lemuria for testing reasons.  :P

Il Palazzo

• Bay Watcher
  • And lo, the Dude did abide. And it was good.
    • View Profile
« Reply #373 on: January 14, 2018, 11:51:18 am »

MCreeper

• Bay Watcher
  • My bus is late
    • View Profile
« Reply #374 on: January 15, 2018, 11:20:16 am »

Moar questions:
What decay actually does? How much time it takes to start damaging average human unit?
How big chance there is of Spirit Curse getting trough MR 15? Same for Holy Word.
For how much turns Holy Word actually stuns?
Does powering up a priest with communion still works?
Pages: 1 ... 23 24 [25] 26 27 ... 67