Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 249 250 [251] 252 253 ... 401

Author Topic: Terrible Suggestions Thread  (Read 489144 times)

rico6822

• Bay Watcher
  • Constantly fails to become elephant man.
    • View Profile
Re: Terrible Suggestions Thread
« Reply #3750 on: September 30, 2021, 03:10:21 am »

Brothels.
Does anybody know how to become an elephant man in adventure mode? I literally did all advanced world settings possible to increase chances.

rico6822

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #3751 on: September 30, 2021, 03:16:41 am »

Elfs should have [GOOD] because they already can start in good biomes.
Does anybody know how to become an elephant man in adventure mode? I literally did all advanced world settings possible to increase chances.

King Zultan

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #3752 on: September 30, 2021, 03:19:33 am »

Have you thought about posting all your suggestions in one post rather than the twenty something individual ones you just did?
The Lawyer opens a briefcase. It's full of lemons, the justice fruit only lawyers may touch.
Make sure not to step on any errant blood stains before we find our LIFE EXTINGUSHER.
but anyway, if you'll excuse me, I need to commit sebbaku.
Quote from: Leodanny
Can I have the sword when you’re done?

A_Curious_Cat

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #3753 on: September 30, 2021, 03:34:16 am »

Change the forum software to only allow one word per post.
Really hoping somebody puts this in their signature.

Mr Crabman

• Bay Watcher
  • A person with the head and pincers of a crab.
    • View Profile
« Reply #3754 on: September 30, 2021, 03:45:31 am »

Only allow each post to display 1x1 pixel images, so any larger picture must be built out of hundreds or thousands of posts.

delphonso

• Bay Watcher
  • menaces with spikes of pine
    • View Profile
« Reply #3755 on: September 30, 2021, 04:02:15 am »

Have you thought about posting all your suggestions in one post rather than the twenty something individual ones you just did?
Brothels.

Honestly this one wouldn't have made me chuckle if it weren't an entirely separate post.

(But yeah, it's considered bad form to post so many posts in a row, rico - recommend avoiding that behavior in the future)

Mobbstar

• Bay Watcher
  • aka Mossbird
    • View Profile
    • my website
« Reply #3756 on: September 30, 2021, 04:08:38 am »

Dwarves can assume the identity of another person and then post on forum threads as that person.

The largest world possible has the size close to the moon.

Gravity should get adjusted to match world size, and creatures utilise the new jump heights when escaping pits or chasing fliers.

nik the dwarf

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #3757 on: September 30, 2021, 09:50:28 am »

Liquid, dust, and other such things shall affect grip, traction, and friction. Example, soapy water on the stairs make it slippery. Tar in the entry hall can slow invaders and other units. This has been suggested before. However...

Liquid, dust, and other such things can be designated for application on tiles, items, and units. Poisoned weapons, paralyzing syndrome dust in the nobles' beds, release greased pigs into the tavern, etc. This too has already been suggested. However...

Liquid, dust, and other such things shall be assignable as components of a uniform. Elite wrestling squad uniform: rock nut oil. That is all.

Fikilili

• Bay Watcher
  • "Elves make no sense, change my mind."
    • View Profile
« Reply #3758 on: September 30, 2021, 10:34:48 am »

As any dwarf dies, the God of Death will personally come to collect their wandering souls. Mind you, the bastard isn't exactly a cheery dinner companion, and can only be seen by cats and magic-users. MIND YOU, HE USUALLY SPEAKS LIKE THIS.
"Military? What's that? Something to eat?"

rico6822

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #3759 on: September 30, 2021, 11:06:13 am »

As any dwarf dies, the God of Death will personally come to collect their wandering souls. Mind you, the bastard isn't exactly a cheery dinner companion, and can only be seen by cats and magic-users. MIND YOU, HE USUALLY SPEAKS LIKE THIS.

The god of death is a kobold.

Magmacube_tr

• Bay Watcher
  • Praise KeK! For He is The Key and The Gate!
    • View Profile
« Reply #3760 on: September 30, 2021, 11:15:29 am »

The god of death is a kobold.

So, he will be like:

''HUOOJJHEJIFJJIEJIEFJISFIBHBBAVBBDHH-''
I must submerge myself in MAGMAAAAAAAAA! daily for 17 cents, which I detest. With a new profile picture!

My gaem. JOIN NAOW!!!

My sigtext. Read if you dare!

PlumpHelmetMan

• Bay Watcher
  • Try me with sauce...
    • View Profile
« Reply #3761 on: September 30, 2021, 06:00:40 pm »

So am I the only one who got the reference?
It's actually pretty terrifying to think about having all of your fat melt off into grease because you started sweating too much.

nezclaw

• Bay Watcher
  • i should really migrate my saves...
    • View Profile
« Reply #3762 on: September 30, 2021, 07:05:30 pm »

So am I the only one who got the reference?
nah, i got it too

A new position is implemented, called the Occupational Safety And Health Administrator. They have the authority to cancel unsafe projects and insist on dwarves using proper PPE.

Fortunately it is fairly easy to remove them via an "unfortunate accident"

Unfortunately, if they die in any way that isn't old age, half your fortress will attempt to take up the mantle with new variations on the job title, even adopting personas and role playing with the theme. If you try to get rid of one two more will spring into existence. Your other dwarves will encourage this behavior.

[based on actual events i have witnessed in real time]

« Last Edit: October 01, 2021, 02:17:43 am by nezclaw »
Dawnthunder: It menaces with spikes of tetanus
After the fire had burned down all of the wooden next boxes on the surface, Mottled Petrel was reluctant to replace them with more wooden nest boxes. Instead, he placed the remaining store of wooden nest boxes in the dormitory for any aspiring koopa mothers.

The nest boxes were immediately overrun by helmet snakes.

rico6822

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #3763 on: October 01, 2021, 02:14:16 am »

Upcoming stalker night creatures will be basically invincible, coming back at random in defeat. All of them can decide to attack the player at once, which in case of a killer of thousands of people means powerful lag.

King Zultan

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #3764 on: October 01, 2021, 04:11:49 am »

Toady should implement a hard core mode, and in it all invaders and hostile cavern creatures should be invincible and have the strength of gods.
The Lawyer opens a briefcase. It's full of lemons, the justice fruit only lawyers may touch.
Make sure not to step on any errant blood stains before we find our LIFE EXTINGUSHER.
but anyway, if you'll excuse me, I need to commit sebbaku.
Quote from: Leodanny
Can I have the sword when you’re done?
Pages: 1 ... 249 250 [251] 252 253 ... 401