Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 20 21 [22] 23 24 ... 334

Author Topic: MOOK: Such sights to see  (Read 464446 times)

Yottawhat

  • Bay Watcher
  • New face, new look.
    • View Profile
Re: MOOK
« Reply #315 on: February 14, 2019, 05:48:36 pm »

Spoiler:  Kerberos (click to show/hide)

Since Kerberos was unable to get anyone actually explain what the hell is going on, he's just gonna wander about, moving towards the loudest sounds in the facility. Loudness generally equates to monetarily wealth, right?
Logged
(1) You start forward with determination and certainty. You carry this determination with you right into the gaping crater that opens under your feet. You fall into a pit. The sounds of combat above dim, along with the light from the suns. In the quiet below, you hear some other noises instead.

Gentlefish

  • Bay Watcher
  • [PREFSTRING: balloon-like qualities]
    • View Profile
Re: MOOK: HMMMMMMMMMMMMM?!
« Reply #316 on: February 14, 2019, 06:09:06 pm »

Step back and let dude riddle the body with bullets.

Determine what caused the hole in the back as best as possible. See if there's any identifying information on the corpse.


Spoiler: Qualt (click to show/hide)

SamSpeeds

  • Bay Watcher
  • ah ah ah oooh yeah
    • View Profile
Re: MOOK: HMMMMMMMMMMMMM?!
« Reply #317 on: February 15, 2019, 01:00:27 pm »

Arrive? Head down to the crisis point and try my hardest not to get destroyed immediately.

Spoiler: Jengo Prism (click to show/hide)
Logged

The_Two_Eternities

  • Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: MOOK: HMMMMMMMMMMMMM?!
« Reply #318 on: February 15, 2019, 01:24:48 pm »

Flop out of bed and head off to rejoin the team.
"Uggghhhh, it feels like I slept for a week."

Spoiler: Patrick Edmundson (click to show/hide)
Logged
http://www.bay12forums.com/smf/index.php?topic=177472.0
Roll to Multitask, seeking new players.
Yeah sorry, someone blew up a street in my state and took the internet down for multiple days with it.
This really happened. 2020 was wild.

piecewise

  • Bay Watcher
  • [TORTURE_FOR_FUN]
    • View Profile
    • Stuff
Re: MOOK: HMMMMMMMMMMMMM?!
« Reply #319 on: February 15, 2019, 04:53:33 pm »

"Your call is very important to us. Please hold."

Mute my mic (or hold my finger over the mic if it lacks a mute function).

Direct teammates to the Head scientist. He's the one writing out review, which means he's the one paying us. Rescuing, killing or taking him hostage should be our first priority. He might also be able to give us information, but really, who cares about that?

What do I know about these biofeedback events?


Pathos carefully places his entire hand over the communicator to block out the mic and the video feed.  He tells everyone where the scientist is and suggests that they rescue him for the sake of bonuses, raises, promotions, kudos, attaboys, and various monetary and non-monetary rewards.

[4]
Pathos remembers that Biofeedback can refer to just about any event in which the intended input cycle of a biological device accidentally runs backwards. For instance, if a prosthetic limb begins feeding electrical information back into the nerves instead of simply accepting it. The results can be minor (most prostetic limbs have a small amount of feedback which manifests as tingling or discomfort along the attachment site) but in this case the feed back seems like it had some more...pronounced effects.

Biofeedback?

[8] From an occult standpoint, clem knows that biofeedback tends to mean that when the scientists tried to mix a weird thing with a living thing, the weird bled over into the living thing and made it a weird living thing. Not exactly a technical definition, but it does work.

Check whether the body is still alive, give him medical treatment if he is. Try to determine what caused the puncture wound.
Spoiler: Heather Reid (click to show/hide)
[1]
Heather walks over to the body and proceeds to check its condition. She does this by unholstering her regulation side arm and proceeding to put several rounds into the body's head. [3] After a moment she reholsters the weapon and carefully pokes the body with the tip of her boot. Yep, condition confirmed: Dead.

Spoiler: HAZMAT Harry, HMRC (click to show/hide)

Continue thinking nonhazardous thoughts. Roll knowledge of what kinds of biohazards this lab was developing. Move up with Heather, keep the man covered and prepare to spray him to the floor in case he shows a suddenly desire to chew Heather's face off or starts growing extra appendages or fangs or whatever.
[5]
Hmmm this lab was doing something with implants wasn't it? Symbiotic if you remember right.

Spoiler: medic n°2 (click to show/hide)

Go to help Heather with the healing.

Also check his pockets for a map, keycar or minicomputer with a map. I feel like we don't want to be completely lost inside there.


Steve looks at the newly ventilated body.  Steve shrugs.  Steve looks back and forth a few times and then starts rifling through the corpse's pockets. There's a keycard (red) and a personal computing cube. He checks the personal computing cube and discovers the following map of the labs.

Spoiler: SPOILED FOR GIRTH (click to show/hide)

"What a mess. Science sure is a filthy thing."

Approach the corpse. Let the medic check if its alive. If it is, let them have it. If it isn't, nick whatever stuff he's got on him, them stuff him straight into the incinerator.
Also clean the area around the door of blood and garbage using the automap and laser squeegee as necessary.


Spoiler: Eddrick, Sanitation (click to show/hide)

Edd walks in after Steve has already riffled the man's pockets and gets started on his sloppy seconds of grave robbing. As he searches, he wonders idly if its grave robbing if the body is unburied?  Hmm.

Standard Lab tech jumpsuit. Trashed.
Handful of pens and pencils. Trashed.
Folded piece of paper with "Erica ❤" written on it...kept.
Half eaten OMNI-SNAK bar. Totally kept.

Thus scavenged, Edd dumps the body into the incinerator and mops up the gore.

”Jeez, looks like the party’s already started!”
Point rifle at the guy and don’t un-point it until he’s either proven alive, or disposed of. If he does anything agressive, shoot him.
Spoiler (click to show/hide)
Lance finally relaxes a bit as the body disappears, head first, into the incinerator.

”Jeez, looks like the party’s already started!”
Point rifle at the guy and don’t un-point it until he’s either proven alive, or disposed of. If he does anything agressive, shoot him.
Spoiler (click to show/hide)

This guy has the right idea.  Follow his lead. Preferably from behind him, so that if the corpse explodes into demons he'll get hit first.

Spoiler: Scared Security (click to show/hide)
Rezel, from behind Lance, finally relaxes when Lance does. In actuality he's still scared as heck but he realizes that a nice relaxed position puts him in better cowering position behind Lance.

"It's definitely gonna be zombies."

Hang back. No reason to risk myself when other people can risk themselves.

I guess I'll see if I can set my omni-eye to dark spooky grainy found footage mode and start filming the zombiepocalypse.


[4]
Ed somehow figures out how to make his camera equivalent to that of an early 2000's VHS camera. No one, not even I, the humble disembodied narrator, can tell you why the hell he'd want to do that. But he did.

"It's definitely gonna be zombies."

"Unless it's chestbursters."  "How about on a you techie guys go look at the alerts to see what's up?  And the rest of ya, stand back."

Shoot the body in the head.  Yes, even though the medics want to save the person.  They can take samples and find out after things are secure.  Then re-aim to the back area around the puncture wound and unload a full burst as soon as the medics back away.

Spoiler: Spuds (click to show/hide)
Spuds pats Heather on the shoulder, nodding his head approvingly. "Yes, a most wise action. Couldn't have done it better myself. Well, MAYBE I could of with this rifle...but you did good either way!"

Look through the garbage that's on the ground near the door, and grab anything that's interesting or valuable.
Spoiler: Character Sheet (click to show/hide)
[4]
"Papework, smashed mug, contents of a waste paper basket, human tooth, AH!" Benny picks up a scrap of paper that has a heading of "SUBLAB 3" on it. He scans through the text. Expenditure report by the look of it. Hmm. Mostly normal but there's a rather expensive entry here. Partially cut off but it reads "-ical contamination quarantine auto-can-"

"Dammit, Eddie is gonna get all the good gibbets!"

I have two choices: One stupid and the other suicidal. Imma do both.

Get on the trolley, back up as far as I can in the supply closet and rev the engine. point my incinerator nozzle at the door and crank it to max, then charge!


"Fuck you Montresor!"

Spoiler: Gambling Hall (click to show/hide)

Spoiler: Character Sheet (click to show/hide)
[2][4]
Jon points his incinerator at the door, cranks the nozzle to max - which results in a small puff of smoke -and then drives the trolley straight into the door. The hit causes him to be flung forward, slam into the door along with the trolley, and then fall off onto the ground, is feet still sitting up on the trolley.

"Ow." he says, rubbing his head. But after a moment he notices that there is light shining in where before there was none. The door, while not open, has been partially bent outwards clearing maybe 4 inches of space between it and the door frame.

I was gonna try and scan the bloke before people could touch him, but since some are apparently about to go trigger happy, instead try to urge people out of the 'splash zone' of blood and bits of person while the shooting is going on. Stay well away from the line of fire either way. Once coast is clear and he didn't turn into zombies or something, scan for pathogens, and scan his tissue as well to see if anything is off.

If I can't do this for some reason, go search for the lab where the science guy is held up. Don't open his door just yet though.


((Also: pw told me I got 100 schekels for doing that name+fate stat thing a while back. Lup, in case you didn't see the message on discord: if you want some of that due to basically doing the same work, just say so and you have it. Seems only fair.))


Spoiler: Yagyu d'Aubigny (click to show/hide)
Yagyu, Cousin of Ragu, lost inheritor of the calzone mines, seems confused. This body he is urging everyone away from is outside the labs proper. That main door is still firmly locked down. He could probably get it open with his security clearance, but neither he nor anyone else has done so yet. Perhaps he means to crack open the box and just walk inside, cocksure and fancy free, but I'm not sure thats actually his intent.

Fork over 20 O-bux and get my teeth fixed.

Mildred, who apparently never went with the group, gets her teeth fixed.

Spoiler:  Kerberos (click to show/hide)

Since Kerberos was unable to get anyone actually explain what the hell is going on, he's just gonna wander about, moving towards the loudest sounds in the facility. Loudness generally equates to monetarily wealth, right?
Kerberos, of winner of the 232nd annual "Most nerdy name" competition, is definitely confused.  And as such, he decided to try and use his security clearance to open the door.
[4]
He manages it without much effort and the door into the labs opens with a sucking hiss. As the door opens several bodies fall out into the hall, from where they were apparently propped up against the inside of the sliding doors. Beyond the door is a small, square room with a single hallway leading off at an angle to the right. The lights are still on, which is promising, though the overwhelming stench of blood and spilt entrails somewhat undermines that. There's blood on the walls, floor, and ceiling, a lot of arterial spray and splatter from cuts and repeated stabbing. The bodies all show signs of punctures and slashes, some of them are in pieces, others still together though hacked repeatedly. Its quiet in there, only the sound of humming lights and the occasional drip of blood from the ceiling.

Step back and let dude riddle the body with bullets.

Determine what caused the hole in the back as best as possible. See if there's any identifying information on the corpse.


Spoiler: Qualt (click to show/hide)
[1]

Qualt examines the body just before it is incinerated and quickly comes to the conclusion that the injury was caused by a weapon. A weapon wielded by one of the security team. There's a murderer among them....And it could be anyone, even him!


Flop out of bed and head off to rejoin the team.
"Uggghhhh, it feels like I slept for a week."

Spoiler: Patrick Edmundson (click to show/hide)
Arrive? Head down to the crisis point and try my hardest not to get destroyed immediately.

Spoiler: Jengo Prism (click to show/hide)
Also these two mooks show up. Good for them. Read the entire turn. Thats just how we roll around here. I don't like repeating myself. I'm the narrator. I'd shake your hands but I'm disembodied.
[/list]
« Last Edit: February 15, 2019, 09:03:48 pm by piecewise »
Logged

ziizo

  • Bay Watcher
  • Tired and Lazy
    • View Profile
Re: MOOK
« Reply #320 on: February 15, 2019, 05:17:45 pm »

Spoiler: medic n°2 (click to show/hide)

Send a copy of the map to whoever has a computing cube in the team.
If the riots guys try to advance, point them towards lab 1 there is a man to rescue.


Spoiler: SPOILED FOR GIRTH (click to show/hide)

Editec action.
« Last Edit: February 15, 2019, 06:41:28 pm by ziizo »
Logged
GG, Ziizo. May my spirit live on in your boobs.

piecewise

  • Bay Watcher
  • [TORTURE_FOR_FUN]
    • View Profile
    • Stuff
Re: MOOK
« Reply #321 on: February 15, 2019, 06:19:20 pm »

Spoiler: medic n°2 (click to show/hide)

Send a copy of the map to whoever has a computing cube in the team.
Then uses his authorization to open the door.
If the riots guys try to advance to point them towards lab 1 there is a man to rescue.


Spoiler: SPOILED FOR GIRTH (click to show/hide)
Door has already been opened.  Gotta read the whole post~

SamSpeeds

  • Bay Watcher
  • ah ah ah oooh yeah
    • View Profile
Re: MOOK: ❤
« Reply #322 on: February 15, 2019, 06:20:59 pm »

Spoiler: Jengo! (click to show/hide)

Thank you, disembodied narrator! I'd shake your hand but someone would think I'm waving at them. Awkward.

Money? Bonus money? I like money. Head for that locked up guy! Rifle up, ready to shoot tentacle spike zombies or whatever is running around.
Logged

Egan_BW

  • Bay Watcher
  • Shining
    • View Profile
Re: MOOK
« Reply #323 on: February 15, 2019, 06:27:37 pm »

That's quite some carnage. Are we looking at a purely mundane biohorror killing spree or something more fucky?
Advance, scan the room for abnormalities using Bionic Eyes. Prepare to dodge.


« Last Edit: February 15, 2019, 09:02:15 pm by Egan_BW »
Logged

Parisbre56

  • Bay Watcher
  • I can haz skullz?
    • View Profile
    • parisbre56 Discord
Re: MOOK: ❤
« Reply #324 on: February 15, 2019, 06:28:42 pm »

"Hah! See? That's why you don't-" Pathos started to say as he turned towards Jon, only to find that he was not there.
"Hm." he grunted and shrugged. Who knew where the man was? Slacking off somewhere, no doubt. Oh well. He could always gloat later.

Inform Mr. Scientist we're coming to get him, but there's a lot of dead bodies around and my more brutish teammates are armed and twitchy. He should keep quiet and hidden until we contact him. No strange noises, no sudden movements, nothing that could make him look like a target to my teammates or whatever is stalking these halls.

Madman198237

  • Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: MOOK: HMMMMMMMMMMMMM?!
« Reply #325 on: February 15, 2019, 06:57:58 pm »

Spoiler: HAZMAT Harry, HMRC (click to show/hide)

Or we can just murder everyone, I guess. THINK OF YOUR BONUS CHECKS, PEOPLE. More company assets saved = more likelihood of bonus money.

Move up behind the expendables up front, keep an eye on the ceiling and the walls. Other people will be busy watching up ahead, I imagine. Stop shortly inside, cover the janitors as they dispose of the bodies so we can seal the doors again. CHECK ENVIRONMENTAL SCANNER [ah why did I forget to do that]
« Last Edit: February 15, 2019, 11:37:29 pm by Madman198237 »
Logged
We shall make the highest quality of quality quantities of soldiers with quantities of quality.

NAV

  • Bay Watcher
  • I have an idea!
    • View Profile
Re: MOOK: Days without an accident: 0
« Reply #326 on: February 15, 2019, 08:48:32 pm »

Keep filming. Get all the gory details on camera. Seems this horror movie might end up being a splatter film.

"We should probably go to lab 3. Cause of the whole "Don't go here!" Note."

Logged
Highmax…dead, flesh torn from him, though his skill with the sword was unmatched…military…Nearly destroyed .. Rhunorah... dead... Mastahcheese returns...dead. Gaul...alive, still locked in combat. NAV...Alive, drinking booze....
The face on the toaster does not look like one of mercy.

syvarris

  • Bay Watcher
  • UNICORNPEGASUSKITTEN
    • View Profile
Re: MOOK: ❤
« Reply #327 on: February 15, 2019, 09:35:14 pm »

Spoiler: HAZMAT Harry, HMRC (click to show/hide)

Or we can just murder everyone, I guess. THINK OF YOUR BONUS CHECKS, PEOPLE. More company assets saved = more likelihood of bonus money.

Move up behind the expendables up front, keep an eye on the ceiling and the walls. Other people will be busy watching up ahead, I imagine.

Follow along behind this guy, watching behind the group for enemies.  Yes, I know, the lab is sealed and all the monsters are inside, but we already saw weird anime bullshit infect an ape, maybe the monsters are going to teleport behind us!

Don't proceed past the corpses until the janitors dispose of them.  If the corpses get up and attempt to kill and/or eat our janitors, shoot them.


Spoiler: Scared Security (click to show/hide)

Devastator

  • Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: MOOK: ❤
« Reply #328 on: February 15, 2019, 11:35:12 pm »

"Okay, listen up.  We need to clear that entry room so we can get these doors shut again.  I don't want whatever-the-fuck this is getting loose on the facility."

"So get cleaning, get firing positions set up, and get out of the doorway!"

Follow my own orders.  Try to stay just behind the janitors, to give them covering fire.  Shoot any body that is both mostly intact and displaying a puncture wound.

Spoiler: Spuds (click to show/hide)
« Last Edit: February 16, 2019, 04:10:17 pm by Devastator »
Logged

The Lupanian

  • Bay Watcher
  • Seeker of Knowledge
    • View Profile
Re: MOOK: ❤
« Reply #329 on: February 16, 2019, 02:05:50 am »

”Looks like you janitors have your work cut out for you”
Stand just inside the door and be ready to double-tap anything as the janitors get to work. Also watch the door and make sure nothing that isn’t security comes in or out.
Spoiler (click to show/hide)
Logged
I only ate a few vampire hearts. Like, three tops. I'm sure it'll be fine.

Go check out Shadow of the Void!
Pages: 1 ... 20 21 [22] 23 24 ... 334