Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 7989 7990 [7991] 7992 7993 ... 8158

Author Topic: Things that made you sad today thread.  (Read 8840090 times)

methylatedspirit

• Bay Watcher
  • it/its
    • View Profile
Re: Things that made you sad today thread.
« Reply #119850 on: April 15, 2021, 08:57:38 am »

Firefox, you motherfucker. Crashed while I was writing a fucking essay on my own sadness. Fuck you. And I didn't even get the text back. You're lucky Rice's theorem is true.

It was something about me being uncomfortable with roommates due to total lack of privacy. Then it escalated into me, because I'm a total non-conformist, feeling unsafe where I live. After that, I expressed a strong desire to leave to somewhere more tolerant with regard to gender, religion, and general tradition. Then I ended with "Some day. Some day." and rattled off a couple of paranoid-sounding phrases, like "Friendliness does not mean trust." and "Lie. You are under no obligation to tell the truth."

Goddamn Rice's theorem, making any and all behavioral questions about programs undecidable above some level of complexity. If it was false, no program would ever have bugs. There would exist a perfect algorithm that can decide whether there are bugs in a program. Alas, such a thing is not possible. To be able to do that, you must sacrifice Turing-completeness.

Iduno

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #119851 on: April 15, 2021, 07:50:38 pm »

Yeah, It's coincidentally more likely for me as well, for what it's worth.

Imic

• Bay Watcher
  • Still sad
    • View Profile
« Reply #119852 on: April 16, 2021, 04:57:05 pm »

I've run out of things to say. Depression, adhd, ptsd, anxiety, I don't know anymore. I just want to be able to draw.
Imic's no longer allowed to vote.
Quote from: smyttysmyth
Well aren't you cheery
Quote cabinet
Regrets every choice he made and makes, including writing this here.

MaximumZero

• Bay Watcher
  • Stare into the abyss.
    • View Profile
« Reply #119853 on: April 16, 2021, 07:22:31 pm »

I was in absolutely excruciating pain last night, and just walking from apartment to car and back put me down. I'm starting to think the polymer on my spine is coming loose, like the screws did before they got taken out. Egads, it fucking hurts, even with opioids.

Holy crap, why did I not start watching One Punch Man earlier? This is the best thing.
probably figured an autobiography wouldn't be interesting

Mephansteras

• Bay Watcher
  • Forger of Civilizations
    • View Profile
« Reply #119854 on: April 16, 2021, 09:49:01 pm »

Damn, that sucks Zero. I can only imagine what that feels like. :(
Civilization Forge Mod v2.80: Adding in new races, equipment, animals, plants, metals, etc. Now with Alchemy and Libraries! Variety to spice up DF! (For DF 0.34.10)
Come play Mafia with us!
"Let us maintain our chill composure." - Toady One

ChairmanPoo

• Bay Watcher
  • Send in the clowns
    • View Profile
« Reply #119855 on: April 16, 2021, 10:18:01 pm »

I'm sad because there is not yet a thread for things that have made you afraid. I feel that of the four major emotions it is underrepresented here.
Yes, thats because the anger thread was a problem. And fear leads to anger.
There's two kinds of performance reviews: the one you make they don't read, the one they make whilst they sharpen their daggers
Everyone sucks at everything. Until they don't. Not sucking is a product of time invested.

Vector

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #119856 on: April 16, 2021, 10:33:03 pm »

Poo, why reply to a post from 2009...
"The question of the usefulness of poetry arises only in periods of its decline, while in periods of its flowering, no one doubts its total uselessness." - Boris Pasternak

nonbinary/genderfluid/genderqueer renegade mathematician and mafia subforum limpet. please avoid quoting me.

pronouns: prefer neutral ones, others are fine. height: 5'3".

bloop_bleep

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #119857 on: April 17, 2021, 12:46:48 am »

And there is such a thread now...

The autism from the vaccine is starting to kick in.

/joke
Quote from: KittyTac
The closest thing Bay12 has to a flamewar is an argument over philosophy that slowly transitioned to an argument about quantum mechanics.
Quote from: thefriendlyhacker
The trick is to only make predictions semi-seriously.  That way, I don't have a 98% failure rate. I have a 98% sarcasm rate.

dragdeler

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #119858 on: April 17, 2021, 12:49:53 am »

-
« Last Edit: September 16, 2023, 02:25:37 pm by dragdeler »
let

MaximumZero

• Bay Watcher
  • Stare into the abyss.
    • View Profile
« Reply #119859 on: April 17, 2021, 01:46:16 am »

Damn, that sucks Zero. I can only imagine what that feels like. :(
It's...uh...unpleasant. Yeah, let's go with that.

Holy crap, why did I not start watching One Punch Man earlier? This is the best thing.
probably figured an autobiography wouldn't be interesting

Kagus

• Bay Watcher
  • Olive oil. Don't you?
    • View Profile
« Reply #119860 on: April 17, 2021, 05:46:42 am »

/joke

Q: What happens when a person on the spectrum gets vaccinated?

A: They level up.

Imic

• Bay Watcher
  • Still sad
    • View Profile
« Reply #119861 on: April 17, 2021, 07:34:10 am »

/joke

Q: What happens when a person on the spectrum gets vaccinated?

A: They level up.
Quote from: Someone on the spectrum, probably
I am no longer on the Spectrum.
I am the spectrum.
Imic's no longer allowed to vote.
Quote from: smyttysmyth
Well aren't you cheery
Quote cabinet
Regrets every choice he made and makes, including writing this here.

Iduno

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #119862 on: April 17, 2021, 09:05:04 am »

He got got by the forum software.

having a 9h workday after 5x6h is litteral torture... the week is like... tolerable ... so obviously it needed a knockout punch at the  end to make it soulcrushing like any real job.

I went to bed at 22h30 and i still feel like crap im not buying that anybody could ever adapt to this, its wreaking havoc on the sleep schedule just so turbonormies can throw their saturday away standing in line, I hate them theyre not smart early bird gets the worm? fuck you the second mouse gets the cheese now get a grip and stop being a workoholic fucking nolife.

edit: i should compile a ear rupturing mixtape and dub that with a degrading lecture blast it each saturday morning until they relent

I don't understand the "got to get there before everyone else" logic. If everyone's doing that, just go later. People getting in a rush to do the only thing they have to do that day so they can be bored later.

martinuzz

• Bay Watcher
  • High dwarf
    • View Profile
« Reply #119863 on: April 19, 2021, 03:56:26 pm »

More raging furious than sad.

My mom has been showing signs of hypomania for the past few months again. I've warned mental healthcare services. They came, didn't see the signs, and wandered off again.. Again.

Last time that happened was six years ago and ended with my mom being locked beween 4 walls for months, and turned into a drooling zombie for 5 years (Abilify is THE worst crap ever made), with mental health care apologizing to me on their knees that they didn't listen to me.

It has now developed again into full blown mania. There we go again. Why are psychologists and psychiatrists so fucking retarded...
Sometimes I wish I weren't such a pacifist. I'd smack their heads into each other.
Friendly and polite reminder for optimists: Hope is a finite resource

We can ­disagree and still love each other, ­unless your disagreement is rooted in my oppression and denial of my humanity and right to exist - James Baldwin

http://www.bay12forums.com/smf/index.php?topic=73719.msg1830479#msg1830479

Vector

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #119864 on: April 19, 2021, 04:16:27 pm »

I'm worried about Caz.

I'm sorry, Martinuzz. I've had some vaguely similar experiences and can only say that I wish things weren't this way.
"The question of the usefulness of poetry arises only in periods of its decline, while in periods of its flowering, no one doubts its total uselessness." - Boris Pasternak

nonbinary/genderfluid/genderqueer renegade mathematician and mafia subforum limpet. please avoid quoting me.

pronouns: prefer neutral ones, others are fine. height: 5'3".
Pages: 1 ... 7989 7990 [7991] 7992 7993 ... 8158