Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 4383 4384 [4385] 4386 4387 ... 8158

Author Topic: Things that made you sad today thread.  (Read 8860036 times)

Helgoland

• Bay Watcher
  • No man is an island.
    • View Profile
Re: Things that made you sad today thread.
« Reply #65760 on: September 18, 2013, 02:58:58 pm »

If you dislike sunglasses, how about two tinted monocles? If you're not easily surprised, that is.
The Bay12 postcard club
Arguably he's already a progressive, just one in the style of an enlightened Kaiser.
I'm going to do the smart thing here and disengage. This isn't a hill I paticularly care to die on.

Thecard

• Bay Watcher
  • Back in With the Old!
    • View Profile
« Reply #65761 on: September 18, 2013, 03:03:30 pm »

I dunno, the only complements I ever get are about my eyes. I've been trying to practice bouncing my attention back-and-forth from one eye to the other, so as to maintain eye contact the whole time.

But I probably should start wearing sunglasses, at least when it could be appropriate.

I think the slaughter part is what made them angry.
OOC: Dachshundofdoom: This is how the world ends, not with a bang but with goddamn VUVUZELAS.
Those hookers aren't getting out any time soon, no matter how many fancy gadgets they have :v

Graknorke

• Bay Watcher
  • A bomb's a bad choice for close-range combat.
    • View Profile
« Reply #65762 on: September 18, 2013, 03:42:56 pm »

My eyes wander. As in, like my brain, I'm quite incapable of keeping them focused on one thing for any period of time. It makes reading quick, but if I'm talking to people I'll only occasionally look them in the eye. In a group, I end up staring at everyone for a few moments. If they notice me then, they assume I've been doing it for minutes.
This can happen to multiple people almost-simultaneously, and I've managed to creep out whole groups one-by-one over the course of a minute.
I thought it was normal to look at the different people in a conversation?

Anyway, I just finished The Walking Dead the game. Fucking hell.
Cultural status:
Depleted          ☐
Enriched          ☑

Neonivek

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #65763 on: September 18, 2013, 03:44:02 pm »

Which walking dead game? The good one or the ok one?

Thecard

• Bay Watcher
  • Back in With the Old!
    • View Profile
« Reply #65764 on: September 18, 2013, 03:47:28 pm »

I thought it was normal to look at the different people in a conversation?
When I say "wander" I mean "wander".
Seriously, it's not on purpose. I try to focus, it doesn't work.

I think the slaughter part is what made them angry.
OOC: Dachshundofdoom: This is how the world ends, not with a bang but with goddamn VUVUZELAS.
Those hookers aren't getting out any time soon, no matter how many fancy gadgets they have :v

MagmaMcFry

• Bay Watcher
  • [EXISTS]
    • View Profile
« Reply #65765 on: September 18, 2013, 03:50:32 pm »

Graknorke

• Bay Watcher
  • A bomb's a bad choice for close-range combat.
    • View Profile
« Reply #65766 on: September 18, 2013, 03:53:36 pm »

Which walking dead game? The good one or the ok one?
The 2012 one. I didn't even know there were multiple.
Cultural status:
Depleted          ☐
Enriched          ☑

Eric Blank

• Bay Watcher
  • *Remain calm*
    • View Profile
« Reply #65767 on: September 18, 2013, 05:13:12 pm »

Thunder storms and rain. Makes me feel all mopy.
I make Spellcrafts!
I have no idea where anything is. I have no idea what anything does. This is not merely a madhouse designed by a madman, but a madhouse designed by many madmen, each with an intense hatred for the previous madman's unique flavour of madness.

Lord Shonus

• Bay Watcher
  • Angle of Death
    • View Profile
« Reply #65768 on: September 18, 2013, 06:05:29 pm »

Went to the doctor today, he thinks I have asthma. So now I have $400 worth of medication (only $85 with my insurance) on my desk, and a doctor's note for the appointment that I am not certain my employer will accept. Sadly, they have reason to be extremely suspicious of medical paperwork nowadays, as they fired 5 people recently for forged papers.
On Giant In the Playground and Something Awful I am Gnoman.
Man, ninja'd by a potentially inebriated Lord Shonus. I was gonna say to burn it.

Descan

• Bay Watcher
  • [HEADING INTENSIFIES]
    • View Profile
« Reply #65769 on: September 18, 2013, 06:11:35 pm »

And bringing the medication to prove it won't help? Usually they have a date on them, don't they?
Quote from: SalmonGod
Your innocent viking escapades for canadian social justice and immortality make my flagellum wiggle, too.
Quote from: Myroc
Descan confirmed for antichrist.
Quote from: LeoLeonardoIII
I wonder if any of us don't love Descan.

Lord Shonus

• Bay Watcher
  • Angle of Death
    • View Profile
« Reply #65770 on: September 18, 2013, 06:16:25 pm »

Probably would, except that they've become extremely particular about what's allowed. You can't, for example, bring in an official ER slip signed by a nurse. It has to be at least an MD. It's not likely that I'll have trouble, but the possibility exists enough to worry me.
On Giant In the Playground and Something Awful I am Gnoman.
Man, ninja'd by a potentially inebriated Lord Shonus. I was gonna say to burn it.

Aqizzar

• Bay Watcher
  • There is no 'U'.
    • View Profile
« Reply #65771 on: September 18, 2013, 06:20:23 pm »

So, I'm hiding in shame after making a drunken ass of myself last time I went out in public.  I didn't really see it that way at first, but it's pretty apparent now.

At least it took longer into my life than I thought it would to reach this stage, and I didn't actually offend anybody.  I mean, unless my cheese slipped totally off my cracker and I'm repressing memories or something stupid.
And here is where my beef pops up like a looming awkward boner.
Please amplify your relaxed states.
Quote from: PTTG??
The ancients built these quote pyramids to forever store vast quantities of rage.

kaijyuu

• Bay Watcher
  • Hrm...
    • View Profile
« Reply #65772 on: September 18, 2013, 06:40:57 pm »

Sadly, they have reason to be extremely suspicious of medical paperwork nowadays, as they fired 5 people recently for forged papers.
Depends on the size of where you work, but if it's just an average office building, that number seems high enough for me to be suspicious of foul play not from the employees, but the company.
Quote from: Chesterton
For, in order that men should resist injustice, something more is necessary than that they should think injustice unpleasant. They must think injustice absurd; above all, they must think it startling. They must retain the violence of a virgin astonishment. When the pessimist looks at any infamy, it is to him, after all, only a repetition of the infamy of existence. But the optimist sees injustice as something discordant and unexpected, and it stings him into action.

Solifuge

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #65773 on: September 18, 2013, 06:58:10 pm »

So, I'm hiding in shame after making a drunken ass of myself last time I went out in public.  I didn't really see it that way at first, but it's pretty apparent now.

At least it took longer into my life than I thought it would to reach this stage, and I didn't actually offend anybody.  I mean, unless my cheese slipped totally off my cracker and I'm repressing memories or something stupid.

It can't be any worse than the time my friend got Paranoid Drunk at a Halloween Party, got lost while walking home, and started drunk-dialing his friends and exes, worried that the Cops were going to arrest him because he had a fake bottle of Vicodin as part of his House MD costume. I went out onto campus on foot, gradually pieced together where he was (he had no idea) and walked him home to my place. He was complaining loudly into the night about how he "hadn't gotten laid in a year", and started telling me how I was "just the best", and almost managed to disappear into another party for long enough to get another drink (he said he was going to pee behind the dumpster, but he is apparently a crafty drunk). I finally got him back to my place, and convinced him to lie down on the couch for a bit and sleep.

A few minutes into his nap, he bolted up, and vomited whatever he'd been drinking all over my carpet, couch, and himself. Then went back to sleep in it.

Lagslayer

• Bay Watcher
  • stand-up philosopher
    • View Profile
« Reply #65774 on: September 18, 2013, 07:49:29 pm »

The Christmas commercials have begun.
Pages: 1 ... 4383 4384 [4385] 4386 4387 ... 8158