Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 7750 7751 [7752] 7753 7754 ... 8157

Author Topic: Things that made you sad today thread.  (Read 8822304 times)

Dunamisdeos

• Bay Watcher
  • Duggin was the hero we needed.
    • View Profile
Re: Things that made you sad today thread.
« Reply #116265 on: August 02, 2019, 06:03:57 pm »

As someone who works intimately with the shipping and online ordering industry, you should never ever order anything on Ebay unless you are prepared to never see that item or your money again.

The hoops you need to jump through can be impossible.
FACT I: Post note art is best art.
FACT II: Dunamisdeos is a forum-certified wordsmith.
FACT III: "All life begins with Post-it notes and ends with Post-it notes. This is the truth! This is my belief!...At least for now."
FACT IV: SPEECHO THE TRUSTWORM IS YOUR FRIEND or BEHOLD: THE FRUIT ENGINE 3.0

Castlecliff

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #116266 on: August 02, 2019, 06:09:28 pm »

I feel like shit, lonely and isolated. I despise myself but I don't know how to go about changing anything, and I don't have the energy to even think about it.

Fine and eat some psilo

Dunamisdeos

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #116267 on: August 02, 2019, 06:15:54 pm »

I feel like shit, lonely and isolated. I despise myself but I don't know how to go about changing anything, and I don't have the energy to even think about it.

Fine and eat some psilo

https://www.dictionary.com/browse/psilo-

D:
FACT III: "All life begins with Post-it notes and ends with Post-it notes. This is the truth! This is my belief!...At least for now."

wierd

• Bay Watcher
  • I like to eat small children.
    • View Profile
« Reply #116268 on: August 02, 2019, 06:27:20 pm »

As someone who works intimately with the shipping and online ordering industry, you should never ever order anything on Ebay unless you are prepared to never see that item or your money again.

The hoops you need to jump through can be impossible.

I am prepared for this outcome, as I view it the most probable. I was prepared for it when I made the purchase.  This is why my primary activity has been "repair," not "raise holy hell at Ebay."

I believe that I can get this unit into a functional condition. So far I have invested about 20$ into plastic weld and 2 part liquid epoxy. (I already had the bathroom caulk on hand), and 16$ on a new drive belt.

Even if I cannot get the printer working, the purchase INCLUDED the stand, which survived shipping just fine, and retails for about 200$, used. I can certainly resell that as a separate item. In this outcome, my loss is 1/10th the price of a printer normally. 

I justify my purchases every single time.

Castlecliff

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #116269 on: August 02, 2019, 06:34:39 pm »

No jokes. Been on here for years ranting about the healing potential of psilocybin mushrooms..
I used to be nigh agrophobic and have social anxiety both led to depression and drug abuse, lucky me that led to wanting mushrooms just to feel different. Did more for me than I could imagine. Of course i have no history of psychosis or anything that made it a bad experience and of course if this is a thing for ir anyone interested then do your research, cause its you im talking to. The ones who actually read my nonsense, its for you cause i think it will help you.

It's not a miracle cure, you're the miracle, it only brings you out more. They just want us to be better.
I'm now able to walk around and be in big groups without feeling super uncomfortable (the feeling is still present but managed) i have two kids and an amazing woman who picks me up.

The best thing is making an adventure with it. Going on a hike and looking for them. Ask to see them and never doubt the voice that speaks to you. Because the moment you do. You become doubtful and a doubting will makes you guess the thoughts. Instead of listening and acting, you think about why your shoes have cheese slices in them and why they aren't melting quick enough for your fucking cheese and onion sandwitches.
I'm done here
« Last Edit: August 02, 2019, 06:36:31 pm by Castlecliff »

Dunamisdeos

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #116270 on: August 02, 2019, 07:27:11 pm »

U high AF bruh

scourge728

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #116271 on: August 02, 2019, 07:35:01 pm »

This makes me want to use mushrooms even less then I wanted to before

Superdorf

• Bay Watcher
  • Soothly we live in mighty years!
    • View Profile
« Reply #116272 on: August 02, 2019, 07:55:09 pm »

Ask to see them and never doubt the voice that speaks to you. Because the moment you do. You become doubtful and a doubting will makes you guess the thoughts. Instead of listening and acting, you think about why your shoes have cheese slices in them and why they aren't melting quick enough

What

Just... what

In related news, today I saw a druggie jump off a dock headfirst. ...Into four feet of water.
He was okay. Mostly. But it was funny as all get-out, so I suppose it doesn't really belong here.
Falling angel met the rising ape, and the sound it made was

klonk
tormenting the player is important
Sigtext

Castlecliff

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #116273 on: August 02, 2019, 08:04:28 pm »

This makes me want to use mushrooms even less then I wanted to before

You really shouldn't. Your schizophrenia won't play well

Superdorf

• Bay Watcher
  • Soothly we live in mighty years!
    • View Profile
« Reply #116275 on: August 02, 2019, 08:06:57 pm »

I can't tell if the man's drunk, high, botting, or some ungodly combination of the three... ???
Falling angel met the rising ape, and the sound it made was

klonk
tormenting the player is important
Sigtext

Dunamisdeos

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #116276 on: August 02, 2019, 08:09:50 pm »

I don't take mushrooms because I don't take any psychoactive anything outside of relatively-light alcohol because nobody anywhere needs to deal with bad trip llama.

Yoink

• Bay Watcher
  • OKAY, FINE.
    • View Profile
« Reply #116277 on: August 02, 2019, 08:34:27 pm »

I can't speak for their healing properties but they certainly make for a fun and fulfilling experience. Everyone ought to try them at least once, just make sure to take care - if picking them yourselves, make absolutely sure you have the right kind, get someone more knowledgeable to take a look if needs be.
Also if you're having anything than a tiny amount, don't mix it with alcohol. Oh, and putting cheese slices in your shoes seems like it would be something rather un-fun to clean up later, but I wouldn't know...
Booze is Life for Yoink

To deprive him of Drink is to steal divinity from God.
you need to reconsider your life
If there's any cause worth dying for, it's memes.

Kagus

• Bay Watcher
  • Olive oil. Don't you?
    • View Profile
« Reply #116278 on: August 02, 2019, 09:02:08 pm »

Everyone ought to try them at least once
Unless, of course, you happen to be one of the lucky individuals with a predisiposition to flashback syndrome, which of course can't be tested for, so you won't know until you've tried something and are then stuck with it for life.

Yoink

• Bay Watcher
  • OKAY, FINE.
    • View Profile
« Reply #116279 on: August 02, 2019, 09:56:16 pm »

Life's only as long as you will it! :D
Besides, given the amount of enlightenment one is likely to gain from their first mushie trip you could just promptly reincarnate as some more highly-evolved being, anyway.
...That is how it works, right? Damnit, I can never remember.

Edit: also, I have ever had a bona fide flashback of that sort and am immensely jealous of those lucky folks who do.    
« Last Edit: August 02, 2019, 09:58:01 pm by Yoink »
Booze is Life for Yoink

To deprive him of Drink is to steal divinity from God.
you need to reconsider your life
If there's any cause worth dying for, it's memes.
Pages: 1 ... 7750 7751 [7752] 7753 7754 ... 8157