Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 658 659 [660] 661 662 ... 1104

Author Topic: What's going on in your adventure?  (Read 2035231 times)

Random_Dragon

• Bay Watcher
  • Psycho Bored Dragon
    • View Profile
Re: What's going on in your adventure?
« Reply #9885 on: December 27, 2015, 08:08:23 pm »

But that lasher is still out there...

Watch him probably get jumped by a dingo pack on the way home and get mauled.
On DF Wiki · On DFFD

"Hey idiots, someone hacked my account to call you all idiots! Wasn't me you idiots!" seems to stretch credulity a bit.

TheFlame52

• Bay Watcher
  • Master of the randomly generated
    • View Profile
« Reply #9886 on: December 27, 2015, 08:10:39 pm »

I killed him. Using Kisat Dur. I took his lash and threw it away. Then I killed him, slowly. It also turns out I killed his wife earlier. Ha.

Comito

• Bay Watcher
  • Barrens chat scribe
    • View Profile
« Reply #9887 on: December 27, 2015, 08:16:04 pm »

You survived a lashing and managed to walk it off? You fared better than I did a while back.

Nep Nep

• Bay Watcher
  • Master of Za Warudo
    • View Profile
« Reply #9888 on: December 27, 2015, 08:38:09 pm »

*A guy survived TWO lashings to the head? Wow, I admit, that's pretty awesome considering that it's pretty hard to survive THAT.
Waluigi rushes to aid him, but not before warning Bowser, "Don't expect mouth-to-mouth!"

TheFlame52

• Bay Watcher
  • Master of the randomly generated
    • View Profile
« Reply #9889 on: December 27, 2015, 08:41:44 pm »

Bronze helm on a human, silver scourge on an elf.

Nep Nep

• Bay Watcher
  • Master of Za Warudo
    • View Profile
« Reply #9890 on: December 27, 2015, 09:38:25 pm »

*killed 3 Night Trolls, pretty tough battle as they cornered me, but I emerged victorious after a while.
EDIT:5 Superdwarven skills, 2 superior skills, and 6 legendary skills? Holy hell my Diojolyne is TOUGH.
EDIT EDIT:Wow, Rocs are anticlimactic, I had a million times more trouble with the Night trolls then I had with them.
« Last Edit: December 27, 2015, 09:58:02 pm by Nep Nep »
Waluigi rushes to aid him, but not before warning Bowser, "Don't expect mouth-to-mouth!"

Shalderave

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #9891 on: December 27, 2015, 11:16:58 pm »

I seemed to have earned myself quite the nickname.

Spoiler (click to show/hide)
When the adventurer is told there is no more need for them, when there are no more targets to kill, why do they act surprised when our "hero" turns towards them and says "No"?

Uzu Bash

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #9892 on: December 27, 2015, 11:19:35 pm »

I got a set of lady bard's commemorative gold coins. On both sides of them is a depiction of me getting rejected by the humans of The Bodice of Bottoms. Harsh. On one side, I'm making a submissive gesture. On the other side, I'm weeping. Who the hell commissioned these things? If it was the bard, I'll have to spank her, very sternly.

I stationed my companions aside for this Jungle Titan. A feathered anteater, so standard vision, no flying, but it had webs. I hadn't brought along bolts for my masterwork crossbow because of their weight; I ought to get a dedicated pack mule for these things. I cut a tree and set up a bowyer's shop to craft bolts, then remembered it's craftdwarves shop that does that and built that instead. No bolts on the menu, and I remembered it's because I'm an outsider. The bowyer's shop let me craft bows and crossbows, but I can't make bows and arrows!

So I knapped an armload of rocks, exceptional and masterwork, snuck up the pillar right behind him, and started flinging rocks. The ones that hit head only bruised, one that hit upper body managed to get it winded. After running out of those, I chucked my silver pike, which did crack it's spine, and my 1 pound divine metal pikes, which glanced away. I had carried a bundle of them, forgetting that they suck as thrown weapons.

I still had a few weapons to throw, but I thought he was weakened enough. I jumped down behind him and swung a steel pick at the back of his head, and that settled that. From the parts I managed to cook a masterwork heart roast with minced intestines, minced meat, and minced durian wine.

Nep Nep

• Bay Watcher
  • Master of Za Warudo
    • View Profile
« Reply #9893 on: December 27, 2015, 11:37:39 pm »

*so, in a necromancer tower, I asked to become lieutenant (I told him how I made a roc die really easily) and when I slept for the night, I woke up uneasy, and suddenly the Boss ran out saying that he must withdraw, so I run because a horde of the undead began to chase me, so now there are zombies scattered across the world map hunting me down, while I continue to punch villages to death.

Cyroth

• Bay Watcher
  • [FABULOUS]
    • View Profile
« Reply #9894 on: December 28, 2015, 12:35:37 am »

Ib Boltmessiah the magpieman is currently cleansing a gigantic dark pit from goblins. I'm mostly doing that by hovering outside their towers like some feathered attack helicopter and throwing spears into the fortifications. Once done I collect their shinies and my spears and fly to the next tower.

I'm at over two hundred gobbo civilians and counting.
Lets see if I can keep that up until I hit legendary thrower.
Demons are preferable to ravens.
A noble just suffered a genuine unfortunate accident.
Has that ever happened before?

Rumrusher

• Bay Watcher
  • current project : searching...
    • View Profile
« Reply #9895 on: December 28, 2015, 05:58:46 am »

so I set up a campfire between myself and a night troll lair and spent hours telling tales and getting into debates with the family,
then recruited the husband to hopefully retire.
I thought I would I had never hear my daughter's escapades from some boy...
DAMN YOU RUMRUSHER!!!!!!!!
"body swapping and YOU!"
Adventure in baby making!Adv Homes

Nep Nep

• Bay Watcher
  • Master of Za Warudo
    • View Profile
« Reply #9896 on: December 28, 2015, 09:15:29 am »

*Do Dark Fortresses still lag like crazy? Or has that been fixed?

Raidmaster

• Bay Watcher
  • Hackin' n' Wackin' n' Smackin'
    • View Profile
« Reply #9897 on: December 28, 2015, 09:31:37 am »

Literally just went to one, didn't experience any lag my end.

Nep Nep

• Bay Watcher
  • Master of Za Warudo
    • View Profile
« Reply #9898 on: December 28, 2015, 09:39:44 am »

Literally just went to one, didn't experience any lag my end.
*Pretty laggy for me as I just entered one, but the lag is managable, might as well kill beak dogs.

Uzu Bash

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #9899 on: December 28, 2015, 10:08:32 am »

Nemesis load error struck again, and I didn't believe I could fix it without causing worse problems, and I wasn't motivated to play from my backup. So I genned a new 42.04 world, another large island with 1050 years of history, this time with a shift toward savagery and more good/evil tiles.

Started in a human town, ready to fight my way to a warehouse. But occupied shops filled every block, and no-one in them was hostile. Dressers full of clothes for the taking. I can put civilized skills to use before going hack-n-slash.
Pages: 1 ... 658 659 [660] 661 662 ... 1104