Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 657 658 [659] 660 661 ... 1104

Author Topic: What's going on in your adventure?  (Read 2045029 times)

Rumrusher

• Bay Watcher
  • current project : searching...
    • View Profile
Re: What's going on in your adventure?
« Reply #9870 on: December 27, 2015, 06:10:44 pm »

the irony in this is spider people have NOFEAR attached to them so bogeymen won't attack unless provoked.  you attacked a nonlethal bogeyman.
you could have just non violently read one of your many composed poetry to the bogeyman and not died.
I knoooow D:
But you still can't sleep if you have bogeymen around you, even if you have NOFEAR.

And, well, I wasn't expecting to die to something literally 1/350 of my size!
look that's what the bronze colossus said when he barely saw that fluffly wambler.
the rule of dwarf fortress is unless you're a whale or an elephant the smaller you are the high contact point your fist make on bones bigger than you.
acute pain is worst than obtuse but that pain bit doesn't work with spiders since lack of pain.
so yeah this does paint a funny picture of a grumpy spider breaking bogey-spider relationships because they want some shut eye.
usually I just sleep all day and party all night as a spider person. then get mauled by a lion and-or wild life. or die to a goblin leaping one punching a spider on a raggy hill.
« Last Edit: December 27, 2015, 06:16:15 pm by Rumrusher »
I thought I would I had never hear my daughter's escapades from some boy...
DAMN YOU RUMRUSHER!!!!!!!!
"body swapping and YOU!"
Adventure in baby making!Adv Homes

Random_Dragon

• Bay Watcher
  • Psycho Bored Dragon
    • View Profile
« Reply #9871 on: December 27, 2015, 06:23:13 pm »

Chitinous things are just so frail at times. 90% of why I've never stopped buffing mi-gos.
On DF Wiki · On DFFD

"Hey idiots, someone hacked my account to call you all idiots! Wasn't me you idiots!" seems to stretch credulity a bit.

Cerapter

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #9872 on: December 27, 2015, 06:30:24 pm »

look that's what the bronze colossus said when he barely saw that fluffly wambler.
the rule of dwarf fortress is unless you're a whale or an elephant the smaller you are the high contact point your fist make on bones bigger than you.
acute pain is worst than obtuse but that pain bit doesn't work with spiders since lack of pain.
so yeah this does paint a funny picture of a grumpy spider breaking bogey-spider relationships because they want some shut eye.
usually I just sleep all day and party all night as a spider person. then get mauled by a lion and-or wild life. or die to a goblin leaping one punching a spider on a raggy hill.
And not even any grumpy spider; a roughly 10 metre tall spider, who decided that the best way to sleep well is to kill the bogeymen, who are basically like ants to him. Ended up being judo-chopped to death by the bogeyman.

This is straight outta a Tom'n'Jerry cartoon.
My anaconda man don't want none unless you got 5,000 cm3 of [SELECT_BP:LOWER_BODY:REAR][SELECT_ADDITIONAL_BP:UPPER_LEGS:REAR] hun.

Civilian squads: a suggestion regarding Dwarf Therapist, maintaining stock levels, independent workshop-usage and the military screen.

Rumrusher

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #9873 on: December 27, 2015, 06:43:38 pm »

look you just got rules of nature'd.
if ya gonna mod spiders ya mod them in web spitting so you can atleast be a horrible monster and cripple and wound folks on your turf.
then die on minecart accidents after modding your crawl speed so low that you can push the cart to 50000 mph and forget to stand up to jump.
these guys are professional dodge offsetters.
"body swapping and YOU!"

Random_Dragon

• Bay Watcher
  • Psycho Bored Dragon
    • View Profile
« Reply #9874 on: December 27, 2015, 06:50:10 pm »

That is some serious derp. owo
On DF Wiki · On DFFD

"Hey idiots, someone hacked my account to call you all idiots! Wasn't me you idiots!" seems to stretch credulity a bit.

Cerapter

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #9875 on: December 27, 2015, 06:54:22 pm »

Speaking of webs, does [WEBBER] allow you to spit webs in adventure mode?

Because though I've not seen the ANIMAL_PERSON creature variation remove it, I've also not seen it as an option in Adv. mode.
My anaconda man don't want none unless you got 5,000 cm3 of [SELECT_BP:LOWER_BODY:REAR][SELECT_ADDITIONAL_BP:UPPER_LEGS:REAR] hun.

Civilian squads: a suggestion regarding Dwarf Therapist, maintaining stock levels, independent workshop-usage and the military screen.

Random_Dragon

• Bay Watcher
  • Psycho Bored Dragon
    • View Profile
« Reply #9876 on: December 27, 2015, 07:04:00 pm »

Speaking of webs, does [WEBBER] allow you to spit webs in adventure mode?

Because though I've not seen the ANIMAL_PERSON creature variation remove it, I've also not seen it as an option in Adv. mode.

If I recall, it's implemented as a CDI token, whereas "WEBBER" and the variant for large webs merely make random webs show up up in areas inhabited by the spiders in question.
On DF Wiki · On DFFD

TheFlame52

• Bay Watcher
  • Master of the randomly generated
    • View Profile
« Reply #9877 on: December 27, 2015, 07:20:00 pm »

I just defeated a hammerlord and a master lasher.

At the same time.

While defending my unconscious companion.

As a competent swordsman.

Nep Nep

• Bay Watcher
  • Master of Za Warudo
    • View Profile
« Reply #9878 on: December 27, 2015, 07:22:23 pm »

At the same time.

*I recently took on 5 Bogeymen with my bare hands and won.
Waluigi rushes to aid him, but not before warning Bowser, "Don't expect mouth-to-mouth!"

Rumrusher

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #9879 on: December 27, 2015, 07:23:06 pm »

nah you need an interaction to do so. which is kinda why I mod that stuff in brown recluse people than just jumping spiders.
brown recluse people should be able to spit webs all though.
shame jumping spiders don't have a natural skill in dancing.
"body swapping and YOU!"

Nep Nep

• Bay Watcher
  • Master of Za Warudo
    • View Profile
« Reply #9880 on: December 27, 2015, 07:36:00 pm »

*Why is wrestling so much more effective to me then actual weapons?
Waluigi rushes to aid him, but not before warning Bowser, "Don't expect mouth-to-mouth!"

Shalderave

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #9881 on: December 27, 2015, 07:40:45 pm »

At the same time.

"Hold the line!" seems appropriate.
When the adventurer is told there is no more need for them, when there are no more targets to kill, why do they act surprised when our "hero" turns towards them and says "No"?

TheFlame52

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #9882 on: December 27, 2015, 07:48:58 pm »

When I say "defeated", I mean the hammerlord was killed and the master lasher ran away crippled.

Well, the lasher attacked the mead hall I was in, killing several people. I got unlucky this time and he lashed me in the ankle and started beating on my skull.

My companion saved me. He beat the lasher, despite being only a hammerman. There is no body.

All hail Zolak, the elven hammerman, second-best companion I've ever had!

Shalderave

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #9883 on: December 27, 2015, 07:58:11 pm »

When I say "defeated", I mean the hammerlord was killed and the master lasher ran away crippled.

Well, the lasher attacked the mead hall I was in, killing several people. I got unlucky this time and he lashed me in the ankle and started beating on my skull.

My companion saved me. He beat the lasher, despite being only a hammerman. There is no body.

All hail Zolak, the elven hammerman, second-best companion I've ever had!

I'm surprised you didn't die from the first hit. I love when upper bodies explode into gore, brings back memories of brutal doom.
When the adventurer is told there is no more need for them, when there are no more targets to kill, why do they act surprised when our "hero" turns towards them and says "No"?

TheFlame52

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #9884 on: December 27, 2015, 08:02:29 pm »

I took two lashes to the skull. I reckon a third would have done me in.

I reunited Zolak with his wife, as he was a former slave. He was having lung problems anyway. But that lasher is still out there...
Pages: 1 ... 657 658 [659] 660 661 ... 1104