Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 9457 9458 [9459] 9460 9461 ... 10993

Author Topic: Things that made you go "WTF?" today o_O  (Read 13515114 times)

femmelf

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: Things that made you go "WTF?" today o_O
« Reply #141870 on: January 20, 2019, 07:17:58 pm »

PC culture is weird; there's no easy answer. I don't like it, but sometimes people need to think, then talk. Too often, they don't. We have weird issues like Bill Cosby, and some of the grabby comments trump made. I don't want anyone grabbing em by the.... That's something a President said. I do believe in freedom of speech, and people's right to react to stupid hurtful crap that's said....

I don't know how to strike a balance between freedom and politeness. The thought police PC stuff is scary, but so is some of the crap people spew. Maybe they can say it, but don't expect most girls to go out with you if you do.

The disability thing is a mess. Its unfair, and maybe unsolvable. Our soceity justifies itself, often badly, on the idea that contribution gets money and value. Sometimes disability means either not being able to or not being able to without accomidations. Its a question of degree for what's reasonable and it changes with situations. You probably shouldn't use "lame" around a disabled person, cause its a bit mean. Also, that doesn't cost anything.

Still I have no amswers to that, only frustraition. There's gotta be some compassionate answer that's reasonable but I have no clue what it is.

ChairmanPoo

• Bay Watcher
  • Send in the clowns
    • View Profile
« Reply #141871 on: January 20, 2019, 08:28:18 pm »

There's two kinds of performance reviews: the one you make they don't read, the one they make whilst they sharpen their daggers
Everyone sucks at everything. Until they don't. Not sucking is a product of time invested.

Kagus

• Bay Watcher
  • Olive oil. Don't you?
    • View Profile
« Reply #141872 on: January 20, 2019, 08:32:54 pm »

https://youtu.be/jYLugke-GiQ
Ahh, a classic! A true delight for connoisseurs of the genre.

Shame the video game was a bit dry compared to the source material, and the feature-length film never really happened. But, really though, how long do you think they would have managed to keep the gag going? There's a certain charm to the original that I just don't know if you could replicate it and stretch it out for a larger medium.

femmelf

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #141873 on: January 21, 2019, 05:57:20 am »

https://www.myjournalcourier.com/entertainment/the-wrap/article/Leslie-Jones-Calls-Ghostbusters-Sequel-13547499.php

Just leaving this here instead of editing last post.

Her ghostbusters reboot was a rehashed reboot no one asked for. When that 2016 movie was made, when was the last time you thought about Slimer? Its whole gimick was _________ but with girls.... It was forced, badly written, made to be PC for the sake of it. It did not live up to the original. Plus this isn't new. Lots of reboots skip around, Terminator, Aliens, the whole reboot ... thing ... does this. Also, she's being hypocritical.

She's upset her part is being ignored for a reboot, just like the original actors largely were.

Kagus

• Bay Watcher
  • Olive oil. Don't you?
    • View Profile
« Reply #141874 on: January 21, 2019, 06:26:56 am »

Huh, that link's actually blocked for my region. Interesting. Not much is shut off for Norway.

scriver

• Bay Watcher
  • City streets ain't got much pity
    • View Profile
« Reply #141875 on: January 21, 2019, 06:45:31 am »

Sweden too. Likely because they aren't following those EU regulations from last summer, so they just block every request from the region. Sucks for Norway that isn't a part of the EU, I guess.

I get around it with Google translate.
Love, scriver~

pisskop

• Bay Watcher
  • Too old and stubborn to get a new avatar
    • View Profile
« Reply #141876 on: January 21, 2019, 07:16:36 am »

Well, it 'dint _______ count'.

It was awful in almost every metric imaginable.  And I'm amazed people are even giving her the time of day at all.  If it were not labeled 'Ghostbusters' it would be a C- tier movie, easily.  Just another forgettable movie.
Pisskop's Reblancing Mod - A C:DDA Mod to make life a little (lot) more brutal!
drealmerz7 - pk was supreme pick for traitor too I think, and because of how it all is and pk is he is just feeding into the trollfucking so well.
PKs DF Mod!

scriver

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #141877 on: January 21, 2019, 07:23:31 am »

I mean all thing aside I thinks its fairly fair to be a little bit pissed they're ignoring the work you were a part of. Both for the girlbusters and the boybusters.
Love, scriver~

McTraveller

• Bay Watcher
  • This text isn't very personal.
    • View Profile
« Reply #141878 on: January 21, 2019, 07:34:20 am »

Temperature this morning: -23° C (-9°F)

The moonshadows were awesome though with the super-moon.

It's always beautiful/creepy when it's almost like daylight outside on a clear, full-moon night with snow everywhere.

EDIT: 13°C in my office (56°F).  Space heater to the rescue!
« Last Edit: January 21, 2019, 07:51:19 am by McTraveller »

Yoink

• Bay Watcher
  • OKAY, FINE.
    • View Profile
« Reply #141879 on: January 21, 2019, 08:26:58 am »

...oversized tweezers that get your teabag out of your mug.
Wait... I thought you were in the UK? Don't tell me even the English have sunk to using teabags nowadays!?

Also, surely most any department store or homeware shoppe would stock both mortars and pestles.
Booze is Life for Yoink

To deprive him of Drink is to steal divinity from God.
you need to reconsider your life
If there's any cause worth dying for, it's memes.

Kagus

• Bay Watcher
  • Olive oil. Don't you?
    • View Profile
« Reply #141880 on: January 21, 2019, 08:47:09 am »

Ahh yes, turmeric... It does indeed stain. It stains everything, and it stains hard. You could say it really has some stain power.

Plastic is one thing, but having an entire set of good-quality china mugs turn this sickly yellow color on the inside because you ate gypsy soup* in them one time is quite fun also. Stuff's good though. And supposedly really good for the lungs or whatever... It's something.

*I swear I didn't name this thing, it's just good soup

scriver

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #141881 on: January 21, 2019, 08:54:11 am »

Maybe it's a UK thing. Guns, knives, and mortar-and-pestles. Pestles can be used to bludgeon people, after all.
Love, scriver~

ChairmanPoo

• Bay Watcher
  • Send in the clowns
    • View Profile
« Reply #141882 on: January 21, 2019, 09:05:48 am »

My personal impression is that British tea culture is pretty bad (though arguably slightly better than Irish tea culture, which is likewise horrendous - Bewley manages to consistently manages to turn both tea and coffee into sewage). I do find it interesting that they manage to have such a poor appretiation despite consuming large quantities of (for the most part poor quality) tea. I mean Twinnings, Liptons et al have decent (but not great) speciality teas, but the vast majority of the population favors "breakfast" tea with milk to make it more pallatable.
The very fact that Earl Grey is considered a premium tea of sorts gives you a clue as to how low the standard is. And whenever I read about how Russians brew tea I tend to grimace, though to be fair I have never tried any of their unholy mixtures so this is based on what I've read rather than first hand experience.
I think Asian tea culture is far superior to the ones in Europe.

There's two kinds of performance reviews: the one you make they don't read, the one they make whilst they sharpen their daggers
Everyone sucks at everything. Until they don't. Not sucking is a product of time invested.

CABL

• Bay Watcher
  • Has a fetish for voring the rich
    • View Profile
« Reply #141883 on: January 21, 2019, 09:13:10 am »

...And whenever I read about how Russians brew tea I tend to grimace, though to be fair I have never tried any of their unholy mixtures so this is based on what I've read rather than first hand experience.

Everyone's a critic.

My WTF/Chuckle: I've decided to search for "Cory in the House" on howlongtobeat.com, and it shows "---" in every category, even standard playthrough.
Pounded in the Butt by my own Government... oh wait, that's real life.

Much less active than I used to be on these forums, but I still visit them on occasion. Will probably resume my activity in full once Dwarf Fortress will be released on Steam.

Kagus

• Bay Watcher
  • Olive oil. Don't you?
    • View Profile
« Reply #141884 on: January 21, 2019, 09:15:42 am »

Sounds like someone needs some good ol' Southern sweet tea!

Ever seen a fully saturated sugar solution? Yeah.

Maybe it's a UK thing. Guns, knives, and mortar-and-pestles. Pestles can be used to bludgeon people, after all.
They're just trying to prevent immigration. Specifically, they're trying to prevent Baba Yaga from immigrating.
Pages: 1 ... 9457 9458 [9459] 9460 9461 ... 10993