Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 1259 1260 [1261] 1262 1263 ... 1420

Author Topic: Things that made you absolutely terrified today  (Read 1835983 times)

Egan_BW

• Bay Watcher
  • "Lest he be compelled to labor."
    • View Profile
Re: Things that made you absolutely terrified today
« Reply #18900 on: July 21, 2018, 12:31:32 pm »

Almost only counts in horseshoes and hand grenades, and nobody's THAT kinky.

This is never going to be true, no matter what you say it about.
It is good to choose your battles. It is better to choose your wars.

Eric Blank

• Bay Watcher
  • *Remain calm*
    • View Profile
« Reply #18901 on: July 21, 2018, 01:09:22 pm »

How does one flirt with cute coworkers who might not be interested without putting yourself at risk of getting reprimanded/sued? Just dont? What if theyre super cute? I dont even know how to flirt this wasnt taught in class ive never been in a relationship
I make Spellcrafts!
I have no idea where anything is. I have no idea what anything does. This is not merely a madhouse designed by a madman, but a madhouse designed by many madmen, each with an intense hatred for the previous madman's unique flavour of madness.

Dunamisdeos

• Bay Watcher
  • Duggin was the hero we needed.
    • View Profile
« Reply #18902 on: July 21, 2018, 01:33:45 pm »

Co-workers are very touchy business.

I wouldn't flirt at all. Just talk to them as you would a friend. Then you can find out at a slower rate if they have interests that are compatible with you.
FACT I: Post note art is best art.
FACT II: Dunamisdeos is a forum-certified wordsmith.
FACT III: "All life begins with Post-it notes and ends with Post-it notes. This is the truth! This is my belief!...At least for now."
FACT IV: SPEECHO THE TRUSTWORM IS YOUR FRIEND or BEHOLD: THE FRUIT ENGINE 3.0

Doomblade187

• Bay Watcher
  • Requires music to get through the working day.
    • View Profile
« Reply #18903 on: July 21, 2018, 02:18:00 pm »

Co-workers are very touchy business.

I wouldn't flirt at all. Just talk to them as you would a friend. Then you can find out at a slower rate if they have interests that are compatible with you.
And then once you know said interests, you can use them to help you ask said co-worker out.
In any case it would be a battle of critical thinking and I refuse to fight an unarmed individual.
One mustn't stare into the pathos, lest one become Pathos.

Rolan7

• Bay Watcher
  • [GUE'VESA][BONECARN]
    • View Profile
« Reply #18904 on: July 21, 2018, 02:39:02 pm »

It's fine to suggest doing something outside of work (not a date) and in that non-work environment it's fine to flirt or ask her out later.
She/they
No justice: no peace.
Quote from: Fallen London, one Unthinkable Hope
This one didn't want to be who they was. On the Surface – it was a dull, unconsidered sadness. But everything changed. Which implied everything could change.

ChairmanPoo

• Bay Watcher
  • Send in the clowns
    • View Profile
« Reply #18905 on: July 21, 2018, 03:09:55 pm »

Be very very careful - bear in mind that these days anything can be sexual harassment. Goes double if we're talking underlings
There's two kinds of performance reviews: the one you make they don't read, the one they make whilst they sharpen their daggers
Everyone sucks at everything. Until they don't. Not sucking is a product of time invested.

Lord Shonus

• Bay Watcher
  • Angle of Death
    • View Profile
« Reply #18906 on: July 21, 2018, 03:15:26 pm »

My policy in such matters is to never make the advance unless you're at least 75% sure that the answer will be "yes." If you don't have reason to believe that there is real chemistry between the two of you, it is not worth the risk. Particularly if you work for a company that prides itself on high turnover and is always eager to manufacture incidents.
On Giant In the Playground and Something Awful I am Gnoman.
Man, ninja'd by a potentially inebriated Lord Shonus. I was gonna say to burn it.

Yoink

• Bay Watcher
  • OKAY, FINE.
    • View Profile
« Reply #18907 on: July 21, 2018, 06:14:33 pm »

Though I hope you're close enough with your wife to talk about it with her.
...Wtf are you smoking?? ???
That sounds like the worst idea since saving a bunch of clueless Quakers from starvation.
Booze is Life for Yoink

To deprive him of Drink is to steal divinity from God.
you need to reconsider your life
If there's any cause worth dying for, it's memes.

Doomblade187

• Bay Watcher
  • Requires music to get through the working day.
    • View Profile
« Reply #18908 on: July 21, 2018, 07:23:39 pm »

Though I hope you're close enough with your wife to talk about it with her.
...Wtf are you smoking?? ???
That sounds like the worst idea since saving a bunch of clueless Quakers from starvation.
No. It's good to have a relationship that is open and healthy enough to discuss these issues.
In any case it would be a battle of critical thinking and I refuse to fight an unarmed individual.
One mustn't stare into the pathos, lest one become Pathos.

JoshuaFH

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #18909 on: July 21, 2018, 09:00:41 pm »

Be very very careful - bear in mind that these days anything can be sexual harassment. Goes double if we're talking underlings

There's a commercial I saw a while ago, where a guy and girl are talking about a party or something, and they're alone and this is our first time seeing these two characters but they're clearly close and kinda personal with eachother but obvious we don't know anything about these people in the 1 second we've known them. The guy comes up behind her and kisses her neck or ear, it's honestly hard to tell what's going on the scene is kinda dark and the camera is far away, and the girl is very definitely not giving off the impression that she's being harassed, and then the words "That's sexual harassment" pop up on-screen and the commercial ends, and I'm left confused and wondering what the fuck. What should have happened commercial? I feel like the commercial is making some bizarre judgment call on the morality of interactions between men and women, and the whole damn thing feels alienating.

LordBaal

• Bay Watcher
  • System Lord and Hanslanda lees evil twin.
    • View Profile
« Reply #18910 on: July 21, 2018, 09:17:42 pm »

A good rule of thumb is not eating where you dump (or is is dumping where you eat). I never dated anyone from work or barely had any interaction outside of work with any coworkers and it has worked for me very well this 10 years.

Also if you are married better don't dick a round and be respectful of your wife. I had a horrible experience a couple of years ago from a stupid mistake from before being married (or even engaged) and it wasn't even a physical thing. I know its stupid but I had to find my balls and talk to her about it.

It's up to you to decide if this is something you need to talk with your wife or if it was nothing indeed and will not have consequences.
« Last Edit: July 21, 2018, 09:22:40 pm by LordBaal »
I'm curious as to how a tank would evolve. Would it climb out of the primordial ooze wiggling it's track-nubs, feeding on smaller jeeps before crawling onto the shore having evolved proper treds?
My ship exploded midflight, but all the shrapnel totally landed on Alpha Centauri before anyone else did.  Bow before me world leaders!

ChairmanPoo

• Bay Watcher
  • Send in the clowns
    • View Profile
« Reply #18911 on: July 21, 2018, 09:22:32 pm »

We live in troublesome times with things bring misinterpretated and/or blown out of proportion. You have to be very careful and when in doubt err on the side of caution. For that matter I'm going to state the obvious and say that you have to be veey careful about what you post in social media too;   
There's two kinds of performance reviews: the one you make they don't read, the one they make whilst they sharpen their daggers
Everyone sucks at everything. Until they don't. Not sucking is a product of time invested.

MrRoboto75

• Bay Watcher
  • Belongs in the Trash!
    • View Profile
« Reply #18912 on: July 21, 2018, 09:30:38 pm »

There's a commercial I saw a while ago, where a guy and girl are talking about a party or something, and they're alone and this is our first time seeing these two characters but they're clearly close and kinda personal with eachother but obvious we don't know anything about these people in the 1 second we've known them. The guy comes up behind her and kisses her neck or ear, it's honestly hard to tell what's going on the scene is kinda dark and the camera is far away, and the girl is very definitely not giving off the impression that she's being harassed, and then the words "That's sexual harassment" pop up on-screen and the commercial ends, and I'm left confused and wondering what the fuck. What should have happened commercial? I feel like the commercial is making some bizarre judgment call on the morality of interactions between men and women, and the whole damn thing feels alienating.

Get back to work, drone
I consume
I purchase
I consume again

bloop_bleep

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #18913 on: July 21, 2018, 10:17:35 pm »

Hmm, I wonder if they switched the genders of the people in the commercial, they would think it's still sexual harassment.\?
Quote from: KittyTac
The closest thing Bay12 has to a flamewar is an argument over philosophy that slowly transitioned to an argument about quantum mechanics.
Quote from: thefriendlyhacker
The trick is to only make predictions semi-seriously.  That way, I don't have a 98% failure rate. I have a 98% sarcasm rate.

hops

• Bay Watcher
  • Secretary of Antifa
    • View Profile
« Reply #18914 on: July 21, 2018, 11:45:14 pm »

Get back to work, drone
Code: [Select]
please do not the sexual employees c:
she/her. (Pronouns vary over time.) The artist formerly known as Objective/Cinder.

One True Polycule with flame99 <3

Pages: 1 ... 1259 1260 [1261] 1262 1263 ... 1420