Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 47 48 [49] 50 51 ... 67

Author Topic: The Hall of Legends  (Read 593838 times)

4maskwolf

• Bay Watcher
  • 4mask always angle, do figure his!
    • View Profile
Re: The Hall of Legends
« Reply #720 on: February 21, 2014, 09:22:39 am »

The OP hasn't been updated in quite a while, there are two nominees who have already cleared the process and need to be inducted.

4maskwolf

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #721 on: March 03, 2014, 08:45:06 pm »

Monk, I know you're online, mind updating this to reflect recent changes?

Sorry to be pushy, but the thing hasn't been updated in more than two months.

NAV

• Bay Watcher
  • I have an idea!
    • View Profile
« Reply #722 on: March 03, 2014, 11:15:48 pm »

You could try PMing him. I might if he doesn't update soon.
Highmax…dead, flesh torn from him, though his skill with the sword was unmatched…military…Nearly destroyed .. Rhunorah... dead... Mastahcheese returns...dead. Gaul...alive, still locked in combat. NAV...Alive, drinking booze....
The face on the toaster does not look like one of mercy.

monk12

• Bay Watcher
  • Sorry, I AM a coyote
    • View Profile
« Reply #723 on: March 04, 2014, 01:07:17 pm »

I am a terrible person. OH WELL.

I'm going to nominate Steelhold.

Steelhold, found here and here, is a twice-born succession fortress that, at first, looks like just another penal colony.  However, there is so much more going on behind the scenes.  A demon cultist, a dwarf with an ancient artifact, the daughter of a mad scientist, the son of a deranged baron, a brilliant and crafty engineer, and a ruthless gang leader: all play a delicate game of politics, as the fate of the fortress and the world hangs in the balance.  None know the full plans of their competitors, and their alliances are temporary and of convenience.

In a phrase: "Welcome to Steelhold, good luck keeping your sanity, let alone your immortal soul."
+1 to Steelhold, it's been a month.
+1 to Steelhold Penal Colony
+1
+1. Yipyip.
Plus another one for Steelhole.

Why, Asmoth? We could've combo'd!
+1 to Steelhold

That's six, congrats! You need only wait for it to become official.

Steelhold has been inducted into the Hall of Legends! *dadurr!*

+1 to Here Lies Wagon. If the thread wasn't dead, I'd be posting about finding wagons in legends mode. Wagons that apparently were devout/casual worshipers of the god of trade. Yeah.
Dunno if Here Lies Wagon has got enough votes to get in yet, but

+1 Here Lies Wagon

Because that amount of craziness has to be honoured.
+1 for Here Lies Wagon
+1 to here lies wagon.
+1 to Here Lies Wagon

Here Lies Wagon has been inducted into the Hall of Legends! *dadurr!* I threw it under "Dwarven Ingenuity" though I did waffle between that and "Stories" (on the theory that it's an amusing anecdote at heart.) If people have strong opinions one way or the other let me know!

+1 to necrothreat 2!
Same!
+1 Necrothreat II.
+1 to necrothreat II! Let chaos reign!
+1 to Einsteinian Roulette.

Also, the main page is far behind current.
I'll nominate Wirejade if it hasn't been nominated already. If it has, sorry, didn't see it.

http://www.bay12forums.com/smf/index.php?topic=89305.msg4372839#msg4372839

A plus one then? :P

Votes added!

Also thatAussieGuy made a giant diamond fort for reclaim that will explode if a migrant isn't sacrificed each year through some hidden mechanisms.  That's some damned ingenuity too.

Because they have not yet been nominated and voted on, same as any other thread not in the Hall of Legends. If you would like to nominate them yourself, merely supply the links and a brief summary.

I had it as a shortcut on my home screen, so here's the link:

http://www.bay12forums.com/smf/index.php?topic=109125.0

The Spire of Armok

I've seen people make forts.  I've seen them show off their amazing architecture and the finished project.  The problem is, they're finished and there's not much to do if you go poking at the savegame. 

So I made something different.  A reclaim designed to be played.

That alone isn't fun though.  Anyone can make a basic fort and share it. 

So I did something different.  I combined several things I'd learned from dwarf fortress mechanics and physics to create something special - The Spire of Armok.

A fort suspended in a carved-out square chasm that is 22z tall.  Within are bedrooms, barracks, workshops, a hospital, mechanical power, even automated running water and the startings of the same for magma.  There are deluxe rooms for Nobles and dwarves you think excel, as well as a golden throneroom should the king arrive.  There's also a layer of underground soil with farms, as well as an enclosed layer of surface trees should you want a safe supply of wood (the local goblins are quite regular visitors).

All good things, however, are not without their price.  The Spire is connected to a rather fun little project called...

The Doom Clock!!

On the Control Level, along with a basic map of the Spire (because why not?) and the levers to several drainage methods and bridge controls, is a counter.

Should this so-called Doom Counter hit ten, the fort will collapse into the chasm and the cavern beneath.  It roughly takes about a year-and-a-half for it to fill fully. 

I suppose you must be wondering.  "ThatAussieGuy, you evil, evil, man;  How can I avert this fort's destruction?"  The answer is simple.  Sacrifice one of the fort's dwarves. 

To reset The Doom Clock, simply send one of your dwarves (be it nobleman, craftsdwarf, or one of those damn fisherdwarves that keep turning up) out onto the Bridge of Death and watch them plummet.  The Doom Clock will return to 1 and the fort can continue on in peace.

For those cunningly thinking "Surely the clock could be stopped....", well, you'd be wrong.  For starters, I hid it.  You won't see it on the map, you won't find it by looking.  It is there, somewhere, and ticking away towards the fort's doom constantly without mercy.

(And for those thinking of just anchoring it the wall with floors or something, give me a little creative licensing here... >.>)

This is a nomination, please and thank you.

Edit: Also, +1 for Necrothreat II. Thank You.
Err..opps. My last post didn't count as a "brief summary", did it?  :-\

Let me try again:

Allow me to show you the finest in Dwarven Ingenuity. Here we have the finest amenities and utilities, all for a small price.

A sacrifice of a dwarf once or twice a year. Or else the fortress will dissolve beneath your feet.

Nominated! The Spire of Armok is now eligible to receive votes! (And yes, I caught your vote for Necrothreat)

So I notice from the thread title that spearbreakers is finished now. We should move it or something.

Thank you, it has been bumped up to the Finished section.

...is that everything? I think that's everything. I'm delinquent enough on nominations that everything is eligible for votes and I counted all votes thrown out there.

Screw the Next Player Over is in danger of being removed from the Nominee's list! If it does not receive the requisite number of votes by the beginning of April it will be stricken from the list of candidates; if you think this thread is worthy of induction into the Hall of Legends, vote now!

wasara

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #724 on: March 05, 2014, 07:43:41 pm »

+1 to Necrothreat II. Let the 100+ pages of greatness be recorded into the hall of fame.
Poor Wasara. This fort really doesn't seem to like you too much. All the more reason to continue to help beat it into submission.

The Master

• Bay Watcher
  • A respectable sort of psychopath
    • View Profile
« Reply #725 on: March 06, 2014, 11:54:28 am »

Severedcoils has not been updated for over a year. I suggest it be moved out of active.
Holy jesus I thought I was ready but nothing could have prepared me for this
Hush, little Asea, don't you cry.
If he notices we'll surely die!
You. Made. Asea. CRY.

TalonisWolf

• Bay Watcher
  • Wolf Acolyte of the Pack
    • View Profile
« Reply #726 on: March 10, 2014, 03:04:45 pm »

+1 to Screw the next player over. It essentially sums up DF- right when you think nothing can go wrong...
TalonisWolf has claimed the title of Sig-forger the Burning Champion of Lime Green!
GENERATION 32:
The first time you see this, copy it i

Elephant Parade

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #727 on: March 10, 2014, 08:20:12 pm »

+1 to Screw the next player over. It essentially sums up DF- right when you think nothing can go wrong...
It's a neat idea, but it only lasted ~10 pages.

highmax28

• Bay Watcher
  • I think this is what they call a tantrum spiral...
    • View Profile
« Reply #728 on: March 10, 2014, 08:34:56 pm »

Size doesn't measure how good it is. Look at Mastacheese's Roll to Dwarf. 80-95% of it is derails but the actual content is really well done. Who takes a basic game and then blows it so out of proportion that the world explodes on the next day? That section alone deserves to be immortalized. (Did we already nominate that? I'm sure we did)
just shot him with a balistic arrow, i think he will get stuned from that >.>

"Guardian" and Sigfriend Of Necrothreat
Jee wilikers, I think Highmax is near invulnerable, must have been dunked in the river styx like achilles was.
Just make sure he wears a boot.

4maskwolf

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #729 on: March 12, 2014, 05:56:30 pm »

Size doesn't measure how good it is. Look at Mastacheese's Roll to Dwarf. 80-95% of it is derails but the actual content is really well done. Who takes a basic game and then blows it so out of proportion that the world explodes on the next day? That section alone deserves to be immortalized. (Did we already nominate that? I'm sure we did)
Actually, the blowing up the world in one day was under the title "roll to die".  But yes, That should be nominated.

TalonisWolf

• Bay Watcher
  • Wolf Acolyte of the Pack
    • View Profile
« Reply #730 on: March 14, 2014, 10:46:45 am »

Quality over Quantity. That is all I have to say.
TalonisWolf has claimed the title of Sig-forger the Burning Champion of Lime Green!
GENERATION 32:
The first time you see this, copy it i

CountAlex

• Bay Watcher
  • SpoonMaster
    • View Profile
« Reply #731 on: March 20, 2014, 08:26:50 am »

Deleted
Adventures of brave Likot Udendeb in pictures
Urist McLegendary likes adamantine, steel, mugs and noobs for their questions. He absolutely detests trolls.

Talvieno

• Bay Watcher
  • Hello, Death. How's life?
    • View Profile
« Reply #732 on: March 20, 2014, 10:57:06 am »

Likot has four so far, it just needs two more.
Quote from: Mr Frog
Talvieno ... seems to be able to smash out novella-length tales on demand

CountAlex

• Bay Watcher
  • SpoonMaster
    • View Profile
« Reply #733 on: March 21, 2014, 07:16:56 am »

Yeah, right, I've checked rules again and found out. Last time I saw them it was 3 votes so I got this confusion.
Adventures of brave Likot Udendeb in pictures
Urist McLegendary likes adamantine, steel, mugs and noobs for their questions. He absolutely detests trolls.

highmax28

• Bay Watcher
  • I think this is what they call a tantrum spiral...
    • View Profile
« Reply #734 on: March 21, 2014, 08:23:28 am »

I'm pretty sure Necrothreat II will be inducted, I just want to say that when it is, move it to finished; Sprin the Destroyer took his turn and I don't even know what happened...
just shot him with a balistic arrow, i think he will get stuned from that >.>

"Guardian" and Sigfriend Of Necrothreat
Jee wilikers, I think Highmax is near invulnerable, must have been dunked in the river styx like achilles was.
Just make sure he wears a boot.
Pages: 1 ... 47 48 [49] 50 51 ... 67