Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 5776 5777 [5778] 5779 5780 ... 8156

Author Topic: Things that made you sad today thread.  (Read 8788703 times)

Tiruin

• Bay Watcher
  • Life is too short for worries
    • View Profile
Re: Things that made you sad today thread.
« Reply #86655 on: January 08, 2015, 04:32:43 pm »

Only if some artistic license could allow story arcs to end happily.
I dunno, I think its working here. Truean's working as a great role model for her attitude for me anyway. Despite the dangers she faces. ._.

Cryxis, Prince of Doom

• Bay Watcher
  • Achievment *Fail freshman year uni*
    • View Profile
« Reply #86656 on: January 08, 2015, 04:40:21 pm »

*Cryxis raises his hand
Fueled by caffeine, nicotine, and a surprisingly low will to live.
Cryxis makes the best typos.

Truean

• Bay Watcher
  • Ok.... [sigh] It froze over....
    • View Profile
« Reply #86657 on: January 08, 2015, 06:37:59 pm »

I appreciate it, but I'm hardly a great role model. I am far from somebody to emulate.

I'm incredibly depressed. Having seen how people are when things don't go their way, I can't stand humanity.

I spent my entire life learning the right answers to things and the way things should be done only to meet insistently complaining / corrupt people who make my life unbearable under the implied theory that if they whine enough, they will be given what they want. What actually occurs is that I develop an ulcer, depression, anxiety, and a total understanding of movie aliens' desire to eradicate all humans.... They still don't get what they want but now they blame me despite it being entirely their fault.

Gee, the felons are unhappy? It's almost like they've committed a crime the government has sufficient evidence to prove and as if somebody's punishing them....

Wow, the business owner doesn't wanna pay taxes or follow rules? It's almost as if he's part of a larger society with the IRS traditionally collecting taxes on things....

People don't wanna pay for my services? It's almost as if I went to school and did internships/clerking for over 10 years and they simply don't like the real world being told to them.... This includes the fact that results can't be purchased (morally and ethically).

I just can't stand it anymore: the incessant complaining I am surrounded by. When I discuss something with somebody, I don't want to hear their political ideology, or how that's unfair, or "how it was 30 years ago" or whatever. Could not possibly care less.... My eyes are glazing over, and your lips are moving but it's all sounding like the same non distinct bitching I hear all the time.... [Twitch]. I wish you'd just leave. I wish you'd get another lawyer, if you could find somebody to listen to your shit without cutting you off, which I'm going to have to do. The judge won't give two flying shits what "you think" things are or that you're unhappy with it. Did you not figure it out with the whole being handcuffed, arrested, fingerprinted, thrown in jail, having to post bail, etc thing that nobody gives a flying crap what the prisoner (that's you) in all of this thinks on some harebrained theory. (no question mark). Yes, yes, let's procrastinate and bitch some more instead of deal with the thing.... [Sighs...]. And naturally you won't be voluntarily paying me and all of this is something you consider my fault huh? I will remember this the next time anybody comes around and I won't give a flying crap / be unable to take the case due to inability to put up with this drama crap.

And then, when I do get a job interview .... They ask that question in stunned disbelief, "Why wouldn't you wanna be a lawyer anymore?"

[twitch]
The kinda human wreckage that you love

Current Spare Time Fiction Project: (C) 2010 http://www.bay12forums.com/smf/index.php?topic=63660.0
Disclaimer: I never take cases online for ethical reasons. If you require an attorney; you need to find one licensed to practice in your jurisdiction. Never take anything online as legal advice, because each case is different and one size does not fit all. Wants nothing at all to do with law.

Please don't quote me.

Graknorke

• Bay Watcher
  • A bomb's a bad choice for close-range combat.
    • View Profile
« Reply #86658 on: January 08, 2015, 06:43:24 pm »

They can't all be like that, can they?
Cultural status:
Depleted          ☐
Enriched          ☑

Cryxis, Prince of Doom

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #86659 on: January 08, 2015, 06:47:30 pm »

I wouldn't mind watching that show if you flipped out on them like that and people learned their lessons

Though seriously, sorry that you're job goes like that
*cryxis hugs truean

Helgoland

• Bay Watcher
  • No man is an island.
    • View Profile
« Reply #86660 on: January 08, 2015, 07:07:50 pm »

One could spin it the other way: Drilling the mindlessness and the inhumanity of it all into the audience, making them feel uncomfortable, letting them squirm in their seats as they watch the kafkaesque cruelty unfold; making it appear as an overly long gag that is innhumane instead of funny; and end with an apparent suicide scene.
Then show Truean driving away into the sunset, with only a small bag of clothes and a smile on her face.
The Bay12 postcard club
Arguably he's already a progressive, just one in the style of an enlightened Kaiser.
I'm going to do the smart thing here and disengage. This isn't a hill I paticularly care to die on.

Gentlefish

• Bay Watcher
  • [PREFSTRING: balloon-like qualities]
    • View Profile
« Reply #86661 on: January 08, 2015, 07:20:06 pm »

Jesus Christ, Helgoland.

I'd watch that.

Truean

• Bay Watcher
  • Ok.... [sigh] It froze over....
    • View Profile
« Reply #86662 on: January 08, 2015, 07:22:00 pm »

O they are not ALL that way, but the overwhelming majority are.

I have, on occasion had clients who did not text me death threats, or compare me to Hitler. There do exist those rare ones who atually were polite and respectful, and weren't trying to pull some shit ( after enough times, I can sense it if only by comparison to the othe swindlers). Those clients got the best fucking service imaginable if only for the fact that they didn't make me want to die to avoid hearing them say more words. I took on entirely unrelated cases I expressly did not have to take, often at cost (filing fees only, basically pro bono or whatever), solely because they were nice. I sure as hell don't HAVE to deal with the guy's finance company when his car gets in some shit from being arrested (impounded, etc). But if he was genuinely nice (and not fake nice or lying to me like the vast, overwhelming majority do) then someone might speak to them about it.... Sometimes there's not much to be done, other times there are. I always did my job, honestly better than most of the others did (they never even visited people in jail).

Add to that being told you were a prodigy in school only to be treated like a moron IRL because people are asses.... (sigh)

No, not all of them were like that, but they don't have to be. Even then I'm not dealing with good people. Then there were the business owners..... (shivers)

That doesn't mean I went out of my way to be called new and exciting profanities by the guy who filled up my entire voicemail box bitching that he wanted out of jail. Nobody could leave me a voicemail and I dreaded checking my damn voicemail at all because I knew it was 40 something jail calls from jackasses. See they ask the you if you wanna take the call and then they let the inmate speak long enough to say their name ... in theory. Rather than saying their name the inmate will use that short little 5 seconds or whatever to talk to you and scream a few words. They may only have 5 seconds ... per call.... So they'll call you as many times as they possibly can, I've had one guy throw 30 messages like that in my voicemail in a week. That's just ONE guy... There are others too and they pull this stuff too.... 

Sad thing is, the bitching is counter productive for client. A.) You want out of jail? No shit. So does every inmate or person in jail from the dawn of human history since there were jails.... B.) I don't have time to listen to the non stop whining. That time is better spent trying to get somebody out than listening to their complaining that they are not out.... That doesn't even touch the negative effects on my sanity and how it will make me frazzled (which you don't want) on account of the non stop pain the the butt interruptions from people who didn't get they are not a special snowflake and I've got tons just like them. Also, I actually visited them about once every two weeks or three weeks (rotating a visit list so it could be as fair as possible and they all got the same attention most of the time).

I have been told I should write a book.
The kinda human wreckage that you love

Current Spare Time Fiction Project: (C) 2010 http://www.bay12forums.com/smf/index.php?topic=63660.0
Disclaimer: I never take cases online for ethical reasons. If you require an attorney; you need to find one licensed to practice in your jurisdiction. Never take anything online as legal advice, because each case is different and one size does not fit all. Wants nothing at all to do with law.

Please don't quote me.

Cryxis, Prince of Doom

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #86663 on: January 08, 2015, 07:27:02 pm »

Id probably read it

And watch Helgoland's show

ChairmanPoo

• Bay Watcher
  • Send in the clowns
    • View Profile
« Reply #86664 on: January 08, 2015, 07:39:06 pm »

Four days with intermitent nosebleeds now  :(
There's two kinds of performance reviews: the one you make they don't read, the one they make whilst they sharpen their daggers
Everyone sucks at everything. Until they don't. Not sucking is a product of time invested.

Sirus

• Bay Watcher
  • Resident trucker/goddess/ex-president.
    • View Profile
« Reply #86665 on: January 08, 2015, 07:47:43 pm »

You know what Truean's post reminds me of? Doctor House. If audiences can love a curmudgeonly misanthrope like House then I can't see why they wouldn't find a show based on Truean's career interesting.

* Sirus raises his hand to join the others
Quote from: Max White
And lo! Sirus did drive his mighty party truck unto Vegas, and it was good.

Star Wars: Age of Rebellion OOC Thread

Shadow of the Demon Lord - OOC Thread - IC Thread

WillowLuman

• Bay Watcher
  • They/Them Life is weird
    • View Profile
« Reply #86666 on: January 08, 2015, 07:57:27 pm »

Four days with intermitent nosebleeds now  :(
That's not fun. How severe/often? Staying hydrated?
Dwarf Souls: Prepare to Mine
Keep Me Safe - A Girl and Her Computer (Illustrated Game)
Darkest Garden - Illustrated game. - What mysteries lie in the abandoned dark?

flabort

• Bay Watcher
  • Still a demilich, despite the 4e and 5e nerfs
    • View Profile
« Reply #86667 on: January 08, 2015, 08:37:26 pm »

Sad: Had to get an X-Ray on my spine.
I immediately thought:
"I'm a skeletal left hand! Does it look like I need an X-Ray? Do I even HAVE a spine?!"

But then I realized it was the IRL me that needed the X-Ray, and I was sad that he exists. Because his existence is one continued bought of leg pain and depression, not to mention repetitive strain injuries in his arms and constant headaches.
The Cyan Menace

Went away for a while, came back, went away for a while, and back for now.

Tack

• Bay Watcher
  • Giving nothing to a community who gave me so much.
    • View Profile
« Reply #86668 on: January 08, 2015, 08:38:03 pm »

Hey. WorkerDrone has leg pain.
That doesn't stop him from being a Space Marine.
Sentience, Endurance, and Thumbs: The Trifector of a Superpredator.
Yeah, he's a banned spammer. Normally we'd delete this thread too, but people were having too much fun with it by the time we got here.

Graknorke

• Bay Watcher
  • A bomb's a bad choice for close-range combat.
    • View Profile
« Reply #86669 on: January 08, 2015, 08:44:18 pm »

Huh, I too am suffering with leg pain. Feels like I've bruised it or something, it's kind of uncomfortable/unwilling to extend because of the sensation that causes.
Cultural status:
Depleted          ☐
Enriched          ☑
Pages: 1 ... 5776 5777 [5778] 5779 5780 ... 8156