Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 25 26 [27] 28 29 ... 34

Author Topic: Minimalism and Milk 4  (Read 81327 times)

Yoink

• Bay Watcher
  • OKAY, FINE.
    • View Profile
Re: Minimalism and Milk 4:Turn 24
« Reply #390 on: June 01, 2020, 12:45:05 am »

"THANKS, BUT... GO, MY CHILDREN. DON'T WORRY ABOUT ME. PRESS THE ATTACK! FINISH THIS ONCE AND FOR ALL! FOR ALL OKAPI-KIND!"   

ONCE I'M DRAGGED OUT OF HARM'S WAY, THANK MY BRAVE RESCUERS THEN SEND THEM BACK INTO FRAY WITH MY BLESSING AND PERHAPS EVEN A BONUS TO THEIR ATTACKS AND STUFF BUT WHAT WOULD I KNOW   

CRAWL MY WAY TO CONVENIENT HILL FROM WHICH I CAN WATCH THE BATTLE AND DIRECT MY FORCES
SEE IF I CAN FIND A BRANCH OR FROND TO USE AS MAKESHIFT "SAIHAI", ONE OF THOSE SAMURAI COMMANDER BATON/PADDLE THINGS   

...OH YEAH, AND STAUNCH MY BLEEDING I GUESS.

IF VIDEOGAMES HAVE TAUGHT ME ONE THING IT'S THAT TOURNIQUETS EASY ENOUGH TO MAKE FROM BARK   
« Last Edit: June 01, 2020, 12:46:55 am by Yoink »
Booze is Life for Yoink

To deprive him of Drink is to steal divinity from God.
you need to reconsider your life
If there's any cause worth dying for, it's memes.

CABL

• Bay Watcher
  • Has a fetish for voring the rich
    • View Profile
« Reply #391 on: June 01, 2020, 04:22:09 am »

"I guess so, Rana. Gunthar is probably dead, anyway, and we still haven't reached the summit yet, so let's climb towards it!"

Climb, climb climb.
Remember about teamwork and try to catch Rana is she falls.
Pounded in the Butt by my own Government... oh wait, that's real life.

Much less active than I used to be on these forums, but I still visit them on occasion. Will probably resume my activity in full once Dwarf Fortress will be released on Steam.

Smoke Mirrors

• Bay Watcher
  • Do I exist yet?
    • View Profile
« Reply #392 on: June 01, 2020, 07:20:47 pm »

"I could probably take you, but it would need teleporting."

Spoiler: GM Only (click to show/hide)
Don't worry too much about the one mistake, Smoke Mirrors. Your character was memorable for all the demonology and story writing.

I’m running a game/mechanics test called Fate/Mechanics Test. Feel free to check it out.

Superdorf

• Bay Watcher
  • Soothly we live in mighty years!
    • View Profile
« Reply #393 on: June 02, 2020, 12:45:04 am »

When... skies were still blue.
This book. This book-- this
place--

this time--
...time. Time. No time. No. Nonono--

Gunthar's up, and he's running. Running. Book in hand. Running. Running home.

Twenty minutes.
Falling angel met the rising ape, and the sound it made was

klonk
tormenting the player is important
Sigtext

Enemy post

• Bay Watcher
  • Modder/GM
    • View Profile
Re: Minimalism and Milk 4:Turn 25
« Reply #394 on: June 02, 2020, 02:24:32 am »

Turn 25

Juainos will just grab everything and step into the strange mysterious blue portal that suddenly appeared for no reason at all back to the TARDIS

"Hola cabrones, have I missed anything?"

5+1
“I, ah, have the data. Issss there any quick way back to my lab? Preferably without any of thessse sssstrange portalssss that you’ve had happening all the time.”
(No roll)
(Sorry, that was a typo of ‘it’)
Head on back to the Moloko. Do as is needed of me as a TARDIS pilot. Try not to get distracted again.
6+2

Spoiler: GM Only (click to show/hide)
Spoiler (click to show/hide)

Juainos holds his breath, stuffs everything not nailed down in the science lab into a huge bag, and is miraculously saved from the gas by a portal that takes him back to the spot where the TARDIS used to be.

"Hola cabrones, have I missed anything?"

“I, ah, have the data. Issss there any quick way back to my lab? Preferably without any of thessse sssstrange portalssss that you’ve had happening all the time.”

As the party discusses this, Shaun's TARDIS suddenly returns and crashes through the ceiling. Despite the whooping noise, it still catches the group by surprise. Juainos is pinned underneath the returning machine, but thankfully not injured by the experience. Shaun opens the door wearing Lincoln's hat and offering to pilot the group to their next destination. You can all depart when ready.

That damn skelly. The network shall be tracking and chase the skelly until it is dead dead.

4, 6 vs 3+1

Time to deal with the skeleton, you all think. Combing the wasteland goes a lot quicker when there's so many of you. In short order, you locate the creature. He puts up a fight and destroys a few of your extraneous minions, but you clearly have the upper hand.

"That didn't help at all, maybe if I blow up something important I'll feel like myself again."
Use the Ion Cannon to blow up Moscow and The Vatican, then see if being the president gets me access to any other weapons of mass destruction.

3, 3, 1

Still feeling down about being the Government, you listlessly destroy Moscow and the Vatican before getting bored and searching through the files for other WMDs. Unfortunately, it doesn't look like any of America's other superweapons survived the Event intact and unused. The thought occurs to you that you could simply declare your resignation, if the ion cannon isn't worth compromising what you stand for like this.

Burn Okapis and sacrifice their souls to resurrect the unicorn.

You drag together some of the abomination's corpses, ritually disembowel them, and burn the remains. From the smoke, you see hazy glimpses of the afterlife as the Dairy Queen's minions watch your work. At the right moment, you whisper a prayer to T'zzz and plunge your hand through. Getting a grip on something, you pull it back as your ritual site explodes. You are unharmed by the blast, and blink your eyes open to see the restored Unicorn standing before you. She bends down and hisses a challenge, ready for Round 2 with the okapis and their wounded leader.

You see something else in her eyes as well when she glances at you. The Dairy Queen would not have bothered with a resurrection. Even if she did, she would have used necromancy to make only an undead slave. The Unicorn knows who and what is responsible for her rebirth.

This unicorn is now loyal to the cult of T'zzz, not the Dairy Queen. An attack then begins, drawing your attention for the moment. Despite the support of your unicorn and some poor tactical decisions on the okapis' part, the okapis are getting the better of your forces.

"THANKS, BUT... GO, MY CHILDREN. DON'T WORRY ABOUT ME. PRESS THE ATTACK! FINISH THIS ONCE AND FOR ALL! FOR ALL OKAPI-KIND!"   

ONCE I'M DRAGGED OUT OF HARM'S WAY, THANK MY BRAVE RESCUERS THEN SEND THEM BACK INTO FRAY WITH MY BLESSING AND PERHAPS EVEN A BONUS TO THEIR ATTACKS AND STUFF BUT WHAT WOULD I KNOW   

CRAWL MY WAY TO CONVENIENT HILL FROM WHICH I CAN WATCH THE BATTLE AND DIRECT MY FORCES
SEE IF I CAN FIND A BRANCH OR FROND TO USE AS MAKESHIFT "SAIHAI", ONE OF THOSE SAMURAI COMMANDER BATON/PADDLE THINGS   

...OH YEAH, AND STAUNCH MY BLEEDING I GUESS.

IF VIDEOGAMES HAVE TAUGHT ME ONE THING IT'S THAT TOURNIQUETS EASY ENOUGH TO MAKE FROM BARK   

3, 6, 4-1 vs 1+1, 1

You give a pep talk and take up a command position as you order your okapis to resume the attack. It doesn't help and in fact seems a bit counterproductive, probably because of all the blood spraying from your wrist despite your makeshift tourniquet. Even worse, the enemy forces resurrect the Unicorn in perfect condition.

Despite all these setbacks, your okapi partisans perform admirably. The attack begins successfully, pushing the magical creatures back against the Dairy Queen's fortress walls.

I guess we continue forward, right Joshua? It’s unfortunate that Gunthar was unable to leave with us
Continue through the cave
I thought you were from the Eldritch plane, the book was found in a tower in that plane, which explains your goal of deleting will, which is also what the Eldritch want to do, which is why I thought you might have been from there. You also mention the Eldritch hive mind. I thought you controlled the plane that’s named after you. The book was likely written by the cultist in the tower, who was trying to understand a symbol and was going to use a gas from a skull to do...something
"I am part of the Eldritch mind, but there is no Eldritch Plane. We have not heard of the place you describe.

...Or at least, we have not yet heard of it. Please, describe it more. What is the symbol you mentioned?"

the sky is yellow, and there is a purple tower. Most of the creatures I’ve seen there have tentacles and can fly. There are also large 4 winged creatures with 2 arms and 2 legs that have an organ that allows temporary faster than light travel. They are called Byakhees. The symbol looks like this: there are three xes arranged in a triangle, but each of the xes is connected with loops, there’s a small loop on the top x, then the lines from that x form triangles from the left and right top, then there are lines from the triangles that lead to the other 2 xes, that then have loops below them. The bottom xes don’t connect with each other. we share a mind, what about I show it to you? The tower we were in had different rooms, one had ghouls, and we climbed the wall and entered a whispering window and found that symbol on a skull that started emitting green mist. I was flying with Gunthar at the time, and he readied his axe as I threw him towards the sorcerer holding the skull, the axe killed the sorcerer, and Gunthar left the room, Joshua and I stayed in the room. While Joshua cleaned and fixed the uniform to put it on, I read one of the books, which read “ "Chapter I:What is Acceptable, and what is Not."

"There are many things in the planes, now. They were not always here, but they have risen.  They are things of Chaos. Of Will. Of Intention. They are not Acceptable. From Intention comes Will, and from Will comes Chaos. Chaos brings destruction, as the Milk Conflicts so truly prove. We of what is often called the "Eldritch Plane" are the end of Chaos, because we are the end of Will, because we are the end of Intention. The madnesses we bring shall make everyone Acceptable. No more shall Chaos reign. We shall bring the last dance, a dance of joy, of murder, and finally of silence. The minds and stars shall die, and the cosmos shall ever after be a thing of order again...
Rana” at which point tentacles came out of the book, I left the Byakhee I was in, and it left, it turns out the tentacles were after me, not the byakhee. I hope he/she/it is ok, anyway Joshua and I found Gunthar and he opened two portals, one to the material plane, and one to here. Gunthar wished to visit here, and the portal to this realm pulled us inside, Joshua saw a vision of the mountain we are in now, so we are climbing to the top. Gunthar is mentioning a cow that he’s searching for to get milk. We each have different reasons for why we want milk.

"I guess so, Rana. Gunthar is probably dead, anyway, and we still haven't reached the summit yet, so let's climb towards it!"

Climb, climb climb.
Remember about teamwork and try to catch Rana is she falls.

3+1 for teamwork

Rana speaks with her host.

I thought you were from the Eldritch plane, the book was found in a tower in that plane, which explains your goal of deleting will, which is also what the Eldritch want to do, which is why I thought you might have been from there. You also mention the Eldritch hive mind. I thought you controlled the plane that’s named after you. The book was likely written by the cultist in the tower, who was trying to understand a symbol and was going to use a gas from a skull to do...something

"I am part of the Eldritch mind, but there is no Eldritch Plane. We have not heard of the place you describe.

...Or at least, we have not yet heard of it. Please, describe it more. What is the symbol you mentioned?"

the sky is yellow, and there is a purple tower. Most of the creatures I’ve seen there have tentacles and can fly. There are also large 4 winged creatures with 2 arms and 2 legs that have an organ that allows temporary faster than light travel. They are called Byakhees. The symbol looks like this: there are three xes arranged in a triangle, but each of the xes is connected with loops, there’s a small loop on the top x, then the lines from that x form triangles from the left and right top, then there are lines from the triangles that lead to the other 2 xes, that then have loops below them. The bottom xes don’t connect with each other. we share a mind, what about I show it to you? The tower we were in had different rooms, one had ghouls, and we climbed the wall and entered a whispering window and found that symbol on a skull that started emitting green mist. I was flying with Gunthar at the time, and he readied his axe as I threw him towards the sorcerer holding the skull, the axe killed the sorcerer, and Gunthar left the room, Joshua and I stayed in the room. While Joshua cleaned and fixed the uniform to put it on, I read one of the books, which read “ "Chapter I:What is Acceptable, and what is Not."

"There are many things in the planes, now. They were not always here, but they have risen.  They are things of Chaos. Of Will. Of Intention. They are not Acceptable. From Intention comes Will, and from Will comes Chaos. Chaos brings destruction, as the Milk Conflicts so truly prove. We of what is often called the "Eldritch Plane" are the end of Chaos, because we are the end of Will, because we are the end of Intention. The madnesses we bring shall make everyone Acceptable. No more shall Chaos reign. We shall bring the last dance, a dance of joy, of murder, and finally of silence. The minds and stars shall die, and the cosmos shall ever after be a thing of order again...
Rana” at which point tentacles came out of the book, I left the Byakhee I was in, and it left, it turns out the tentacles were after me, not the byakhee. I hope he/she/it is ok, anyway Joshua and I found Gunthar and he opened two portals, one to the material plane, and one to here. Gunthar wished to visit here, and the portal to this realm pulled us inside, Joshua saw a vision of the mountain we are in now, so we are climbing to the top. Gunthar is mentioning a cow that he’s searching for to get milk. We each have different reasons for why we want milk.

"...Interesting. Very interesting. In light of this information, we believe that cooperation would be Acceptable for now if you agree to work together. We know this cow, Auðumbla. We can help you find her. Bring us to her. You wish to create new things, new life and worlds. We can show you how to do this. Do we have a deal?"

Rana also speaks with Joshua as they emerge into the light at the other end of the tunnel. and begin scaling a cliff.

I guess we continue forward, right Joshua? It’s unfortunate that Gunthar was unable to leave with us

Joshua's commitment to teamwork proves fortuitous when Rana's crablike host falls. Joshua is able to catch her before it is damaged and forces her to find a new body.

Ultimately, the two of them reach an outcropping and stop to catch their breath. Nearby is a very young ash tree, about the height of a man. At its base is a small serpent, nibbling at the roots. Four fawns are gathered around, occasionally stopping to bite at the leaves. Finally, two eggs, one much smaller than the other, sit in a nest atop the tree.

When... skies were still blue.
This book. This book-- this
place--

this time--
...time. Time. No time. No. Nonono--

Gunthar's up, and he's running. Running. Book in hand. Running. Running home.

Twenty minutes.

It's about to happen. You remember this day with crystal clarity. A man with a beard is walking by. He trips on a pointed stone, spilling an Aldebaran coffee. A green alien flies a kite. Red, with yellow stripes. A woman comforts a crying baby in a pink carriage with planet trim. Blue skies. You read your book for twenty more minutes.

No.

Not this time. This time will be different. You leap out of the bench, tuck the book under your arm, and run as fast as you can. The man, the alien, and the woman all give you odd looks, but it won't matter. You rush through the creek to get home quicker. Almost hoping you've simply gone mad, you glance at your pants legs. No. The pants aren't covered in water. The creek turned to milk. It's beginning. You run through the streets, pushing people aside. They're thoroughly distracted by a newscreen on a nearby building that is displaying a giant deer-headed monster battling a commando at the Alliance capital building. That also isn't going to matter.

You leap a couple fences and find yourself just outside your home. You've got 2 minutes and 47 seconds left before it happens. A luxury cruiser is slowly approaching on the horizon. You know that in 3 minutes and 9 seconds, it's going to crash into this street.
« Last Edit: June 06, 2020, 02:45:07 am by Enemy post »
My mods and forum games.
Enemy post has claimed the title of Dragonsong the Harmonic of Melodious Exaltion!

ziizo

• Bay Watcher
  • Tired and Lazy
    • View Profile
« Reply #395 on: June 02, 2020, 06:34:31 am »

Ride the Unicorn into battle casting fire spells at the Okapis
GG, Ziizo. May my spirit live on in your boobs.

Naturegirl1999

• Bay Watcher
  • Thank you TamerVirus for the avatar switcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #396 on: June 02, 2020, 06:40:07 am »

yes, we have a deal

what do you think we do here?

Glass

• Bay Watcher
  • Also known as the Chroniqler
    • View Profile
« Reply #397 on: June 02, 2020, 06:52:31 am »

Fuck it, climb aboard.
“Isss there any location where I can ssssafely make usssse of the data I’ve recovered? Making a few more copiessss would probably also be a good idea.”
Quote from: FallacyOfUrist (on Discord, 11/15/21)
Glass is, as usual, correct.
Yep, as ever, I bestow upon Glass the expected +1
I'm gonna say we go with whatever Glass's idea is.

Imic

• Bay Watcher
  • Still sad
    • View Profile
« Reply #398 on: June 02, 2020, 07:27:21 am »

Haven’t a clue.
Imic's no longer allowed to vote.
Quote from: smyttysmyth
Well aren't you cheery
Quote cabinet
Regrets every choice he made and makes, including writing this here.

Glass

• Bay Watcher
  • Also known as the Chroniqler
    • View Profile
« Reply #399 on: June 02, 2020, 07:29:41 am »

"Then bring me back to my lab."
Give an explanation of where that means.
Quote from: FallacyOfUrist (on Discord, 11/15/21)
Glass is, as usual, correct.
Yep, as ever, I bestow upon Glass the expected +1
I'm gonna say we go with whatever Glass's idea is.

Imic

• Bay Watcher
  • Still sad
    • View Profile
« Reply #400 on: June 02, 2020, 07:37:40 am »

Arrighty then, assumin’ it’s still there.

Bring him back to his lab.
Imic's no longer allowed to vote.
Quote from: smyttysmyth
Well aren't you cheery
Quote cabinet
Regrets every choice he made and makes, including writing this here.

King Zultan

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #401 on: June 02, 2020, 07:43:27 am »

"I could quit being the president, but maybe I have access to something really neat that'll make it worth going against everything I've stood for."
See what kind of things I have access to as the president that aren't power and money, as the money's worthless and everyone's dead.
The Lawyer opens a briefcase. It's full of lemons, the justice fruit only lawyers may touch.
Make sure not to step on any errant blood stains before we find our LIFE EXTINGUSHER.
but anyway, if you'll excuse me, I need to commit sebbaku.
Quote from: Leodanny
Can I have the sword when you’re done?

ANGRY_DEMON_NOISES

• Bay Watcher
  • [JUDGMENT INTENSIFIES]
    • View Profile
« Reply #402 on: June 02, 2020, 01:11:31 pm »

Juainos follows his Chupathingie friend and Shaun along while fiddling the first geometric hoagie he can grab from his Bag O' Hoagies.

"Hey Adam, ever see a man get discombobulated in a time-loop for 5000 kalpas? Cause I think this is what this thingymajig does."

CABL

• Bay Watcher
  • Has a fetish for voring the rich
    • View Profile
« Reply #403 on: June 02, 2020, 01:16:03 pm »

"Can't say for sure, but that serpent... There's something in its eyes, calling to me."

Kneel before the serpent to see if I'm worthy of foreseeing my destiny.
If I'm worthy, then touch the serpent's head with a finger and see my destiny.
If not, then I guess try to roll away from the serpent, then stand up and throw a knife at it.
Pounded in the Butt by my own Government... oh wait, that's real life.

Much less active than I used to be on these forums, but I still visit them on occasion. Will probably resume my activity in full once Dwarf Fortress will be released on Steam.

Naturegirl1999

• Bay Watcher
  • Thank you TamerVirus for the avatar switcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #404 on: June 02, 2020, 02:01:27 pm »

what do you mean calling to you? Do you hear thoughts from it?
If the serpent attacks Joshua, attack it, if not, examine the eggs more closely
Pages: 1 ... 25 26 [27] 28 29 ... 34