Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 14 15 [16] 17 18 ... 109

Author Topic: Mission 12: The Defense of Hephaestus: Don't taunt the dice.  (Read 209876 times)

Tavik Toth

• Bay Watcher
  • Oh dear....
    • View Profile
Re: Mission 12: The Defense of Hephaestus
« Reply #225 on: February 28, 2014, 05:28:46 pm »

"Orders?" Jack asks over comms.

Radio Controlled

• Bay Watcher
  • Morals? Ethics? Conscience? HA!
    • View Profile
« Reply #226 on: February 28, 2014, 05:32:43 pm »

Miyamoto, Team C leader.

Miyamoto will cool down that orb of heat skylar created with his manip. Just neutralize it. After that, move forward a bit to get a visual on that last group coming from the north, try to determine where exactly the are coming from and what they have.

Sniper team 1 (at bunker 1, supporting team C) stays there, shoots enemies coming from the north once those are in range.
Sniper team 2 stays available to team G.
1 Heavy artillery gun fires at the enemies coming from the south.
All of the mobile artillery that can fire (only 2 I think, others shot last turn so they'll be reloading) shoots at newest batch of enemies coming from the west.

"Team B and team F, take care of the enemies coming from the south. Pancaek, I'm counting on you to get that done, coordinate with Xan as good as you can.

Team D, get back to your bunker. Teams D and E, there more enemies coming at you from the west, don't let them slip between you.

Team G, help out with the enemies coming from south and west, team C can hold the northern part. Divide your forces as you see fit. Remember to use the 1 sniper team you have available. Oh, and get someone to remove those explosives from our ships."
« Last Edit: February 28, 2014, 05:43:42 pm by Radio Controlled »

Einsteinian Roulette Wiki
Quote from: you know who you are
21:26   <XYZ>: I know nothing about this, but I have strong opinions about it.
Fucking hell, you guys are worse than the demons.

NAV

• Bay Watcher
  • I have an idea!
    • View Profile
« Reply #227 on: February 28, 2014, 05:36:17 pm »

Dubley Steptimus -Team D

That was easy. Battle went so fast I could barely tell what was happening. We should probably take care of those bombs before we head back.
Remove the bombs that the sods were attaching to the ships. Use my pick if necessary. How many are there? How big are they? Any visible activation method?
Hey Lars, can I borrow a sod to safely dispose of these explosives? Or should I just leave them next to the ships.
Also, flex my damaged arm and try to find out what exactly isn't working about it.
Follow Lars back to the bunker. Let the reserve team deal with the explosives.
« Last Edit: February 28, 2014, 10:42:06 pm by NAV »
Highmax…dead, flesh torn from him, though his skill with the sword was unmatched…military…Nearly destroyed .. Rhunorah... dead... Mastahcheese returns...dead. Gaul...alive, still locked in combat. NAV...Alive, drinking booze....
The face on the toaster does not look like one of mercy.

Tavik Toth

• Bay Watcher
  • Oh dear....
    • View Profile
« Reply #228 on: February 28, 2014, 05:41:13 pm »

Team B

"Rodger that."

Engage enemies coming from the south along with teammates.
« Last Edit: March 01, 2014, 07:35:17 am by Tavik Toth »

Tack

• Bay Watcher
  • Giving nothing to a community who gave me so much.
    • View Profile
« Reply #229 on: February 28, 2014, 05:44:09 pm »

Team E

((I missed a few turns))

If it's still pretty clear, gather a team of fellow wait-ees together to exhume, or work towards exhuming Morul
If not, pew-pew boom
Sentience, Endurance, and Thumbs: The Trifector of a Superpredator.
Yeah, he's a banned spammer. Normally we'd delete this thread too, but people were having too much fun with it by the time we got here.

Doomblade187

• Bay Watcher
  • Requires music to get through the working day.
    • View Profile
« Reply #230 on: February 28, 2014, 05:56:40 pm »

Denzel Gaunt- Team E Leader

"Will do, Miya," Denzel says before switching to team messaging. "Okay then guys, we're holding this bunker against the next wave of guys coming at us. Make sure no threats slip between us and bunker D. Weapons hot and keep an eye out, boys."

Order one sod to keep watch on our flanks, and have the rest keep watch at the slit aside from the support trooper. Make sure I'm using the laser. (I have a dynamic bonus for it.)
In any case it would be a battle of critical thinking and I refuse to fight an unarmed individual.
One mustn't stare into the pathos, lest one become Pathos.

Parisbre56

• Bay Watcher
  • I can haz skullz?
    • View Profile
    • parisbre56 Discord
« Reply #231 on: February 28, 2014, 06:02:04 pm »

Flint Westwood - Team G

"Today's forecast:" said Flint as he approached the flying sods "It's raining men!" He got his trusty Industrial Mining Laser in the ready position and switched the rainbow Cannon to Green mode. "GENETICALLY ENGINEERED MEN CLEAVED IN HALF, EXTRA TOASTY! " he added with an evil laugh. His mining laser activated with an ominous hum and he tilted his maneuvering thrusters left, causing the battlesuit to start spinning. A few spins and a few flashes of green light later, the already weakened aerial force had been decimated.
This is going great! I think I haven't even been shot at yet! ... Why AREN'T they shooting at me?
"Hey assholes!" he screamed at nobody in particular. Nobody living, anyway. "Try turning the safety off! Haha!"

Kriellya

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #232 on: February 28, 2014, 06:09:13 pm »

Team C, Skylar, Support

Activate EMM, get away from the bunker.
I need to replace this damn manipulator...

Harry Baldman

• Bay Watcher
  • What do I care for your suffering?
    • View Profile
« Reply #233 on: February 28, 2014, 06:11:28 pm »

Stacy, Team B Platypus

"And I say, 'oh no, sir, I must say you're wrong...~
I must disagree, oh no, sir, I must say you're wrong...~
Oh, won't you listen to me?'~"

Forces seem to coming from places. Can I see any from here? At any rate, do as Lord Pancaek directs.

Xantalos

• Bay Watcher
  • Your Friendly Salvation
    • View Profile
« Reply #234 on: February 28, 2014, 08:19:26 pm »

Xan - Team F

"Team B and team F, take care of the enemies coming from the south. Pancaek, I'm counting on you to get that done, coordinate with Xan as good as you can.
Look south, snap necks of enemies with amp if they're not battle suits. If they are, heat center mass by 300 degrees.
« Last Edit: March 01, 2014, 05:25:20 pm by Xantalos »
Sig! Onol
Quote from: BFEL
XANTALOS, THE KARATEBOMINATION
Quote from: Toaster
((The Xantalos Die: [1, 1, 1, 6, 6, 6]))

kisame12794

• Bay Watcher
  • !!Arc Welder!!
    • View Profile
« Reply #235 on: February 28, 2014, 09:27:07 pm »

((To save time, just have Morul get a full robobody. Although, the way PW said barely recoverable leads me to believe that there wasn't much else in the way of options...))
The non-assholes vastly outnumber the assholes but the assholes can fart with greater volume.
((You're an arm and a torso in low orbit. This was the best possible resolution of things.))

GreatWyrmGold

• Bay Watcher
  • Sane, by the local standards.
    • View Profile
« Reply #236 on: February 28, 2014, 09:31:55 pm »

Team C

Run from the hovering throbbing basketball of flaming doom. Also for cover and/or something that looks tactically important.
« Last Edit: February 28, 2014, 09:54:47 pm by GreatWyrmGold »
Sig
Are you a GM with players who haven't posted? TheDelinquent Players Help will have Bay12 give you an action!
[GreatWyrmGold] gets a little crown. May it forever be his mark of Cain; let no one argue pointless subjects with him lest they receive the same.

Toaster

• Bay Watcher
  • Appliance
    • View Profile
« Reply #237 on: February 28, 2014, 09:45:18 pm »

Brother Lars - Team D Leader

Lars raises his arms, the exosuit helping exaggerate his movements.  "Praise be to the gods, for we have triumphed over adversity.  Algis be praised for shielding us from harm!  May we continue to sing the praises of Ingram with our bullets!  All glory to Wondrous Steve!"

Felix grins as the battlesuit freezes up and then seems to melt from the inside, presumably due to being lifelocked. "And that's one less battlesuit. Back to the bunker?"
Hey Lars, can I borrow a sod to safely dispose of these explosives? Or should I just leave them next to the ships.
Also, flex my damaged arm and try to find out what exactly isn't working about it.

"We move back to the bunker and hold it- there are hostiles inbound.  I'll have the reserve take care of the explosives."

Lead the team + Sods back to the original bunker (5).  Slap anyone that tries to do anything else.

Lars sent a message to the team leaders, plus Jim.  "Orders acknowledged- returning to bunker.  The ships have explosives on them- someone will need to handle that.  Perhaps General Jim and his Miracles of Steve is best suited for that?  The Sod Grenade trick?"
HMR stands for Hazardous Materials Requisition, not Horrible Massive Ruination, though I can understand how one could get confused.
God help us if we have to agree on pizza toppings at some point. There will be no survivors.

Powder Miner

• Bay Watcher
  • this avatar is years irrelevant again oh god oh f-
    • View Profile
« Reply #238 on: February 28, 2014, 09:58:03 pm »

Team F
Dominika prepares to set the face of the first enemy she sees on fire, getting into a prone position for shooting.

NAV

• Bay Watcher
  • I have an idea!
    • View Profile
« Reply #239 on: February 28, 2014, 10:19:55 pm »

Got it. Can I loot the dead sods now? Thank Algae and Ingrate and the rest.
((Changed my action a bit.))
Highmax…dead, flesh torn from him, though his skill with the sword was unmatched…military…Nearly destroyed .. Rhunorah... dead... Mastahcheese returns...dead. Gaul...alive, still locked in combat. NAV...Alive, drinking booze....
The face on the toaster does not look like one of mercy.
Pages: 1 ... 14 15 [16] 17 18 ... 109